• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pretty sure it's controversial here.

I don't think anyone here ever bashed Birthright's soundtrack.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Sieg_(Sky_FC).png

Sieg's true form

latest.png

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everyone hates Revelation. But who cares about everyone. Everyone is always wrong. Unlike me. I am right. Me! No one else!

But i like Revelation tho.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

She's basically cheese mode against bosses, but frankly, I don't care. XD
The game gives me the option to play as her, and I will play as her! Even if it completely destroys any and all challenge the bosses could pose (on Normal, anyway, and against the bosses I've fought with her so far. Might change later, but we'll see). That's on Falcom for making her OP! She's matching her namesake, at least. XD
Not that I mind, because I'm having a blast playing as her!

You want cheese?

This isn't even the best weapon in the game btw.

Name a more iconic duo than Inti Creates games and OP movesets.

(I know this isn't Ys, i just wanted to shill)

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

You mean this?

Naesala's younger brother.

4 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Fates' soundtrack as a whole is pretty good.

8 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Well, no, but when I played Conquest people talked about Dark Fall like it was the best thing since sliced bread. I mean, it is really good and it fits the mood of Conquest more, but I find Alight to be better.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But i like Revelation tho.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fates' soundtrack as a whole is pretty good.

Yeah, absolutely.

25 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Well... i'm about to be the first! I'm not a personal fan of most of their music tbh. I realise that most of it is "cultural" but that's kinda the issue...

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, no, but when I played Conquest people talked about Dark Fall like it was the best thing since sliced bread. I mean, it is really good and it fits the mood of Conquest more, but I find Alight to be better.

Honestly, compared to Alight, A Dark Fall sucks.

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well... i'm about to be the first! I'm not a personal fan of most of their music tbh. I realise that most of it is "cultural" but that's kinda the issue...

It's okay man, you're the one with weird opinions here.

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Eh, fair enough. I can understand that. It does sound a bit... stereotypical, so to speak.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Yeah, I have to agree with you there.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

It's okay man, you're the one with weird opinions here.

But I'm the one who hates everything everyone else likes...

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It does sound a bit... stereotypical, so to speak.

Not sure it counts as stereotypical. Cause like, Japanese-inspired songs composed by Japanese people. Actually, it wouldn't even be "Japanese-inspired", would it?

Then again, Hispanics love Speedy Gonzales and he's stereotyped as fuck so i stereotypes aren't necessarily bad.

Not sure it counts as stereotypical. Cause like, Japanese-inspired songs composed by Japanese people. Actually, it wouldn't even be "Japanese-inspired", would it?

Yeah, I suppose I explained myself poorly. It sounds very Japanese, and while it isn't bad per se, I can understand that someone could find a bit "uninspired", so to speak. Like the Hoshido music lacks its own identity because it sounds so generically Japanese. And, of course, there's also the possibility of just not liking that style. Not that I agree, personally, but I can see the argument being made here.

Then again, Hispanics love Speedy Gonzales and he's stereotyped as fuck so i stereotypes aren't necessarily bad.

Hah! Yeah, true.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Same to you from what you're saying.

I've been here on and off these past few weeks! But thank you! ^^

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

It's like they got a stunt double.

Yeah! xD

Hey, that reminds me of another game that I absolutely loved...

Granted, Cold Steel 2 already derailed that train, so I expected Cold Steel 3's story to suck.
I saw that trainwreck coming a mile away. Cold Steel 3 just cranks up all the garbage that bothered me to hell and back in Cold Steel 2 by magnitudes, and retroactively invalidated every bit of tension (as little of it as there was) Cold Steel 2 had.
Ugh.

Inb4 he turns into a dragon.

That would be amazing! xD

2 hours ago, Maof06 said:

No, but my cat is really similar.

I see! ^^

FTFY

Xander/Supports (Warriors) - Fire Emblem Wiki

OH GOD, NO!

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Of course! Glad your staying!

^^

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Naesala's younger brother.

Actually, considering this game is a remake of a game that came out *checks* the year I was born, I'm gonna say that's the other way around! xD

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

It's like one of the very few aspects of Fates I actually don't dislike.
There's better Japanese-style game music (Okami says hi), but still.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But I'm the one who hates everything everyone else likes...

You would not be entirely alone with that. xD
Though for me, it's not hate. On most things, anyway.

Well.

At least her death in this route wasn't as completely idiotic as it was in Conquest. I mean, for one, a named character killed her. It's... it's something.

God, what a waste of a character Lilith was...

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eyy, it's Prince Charming and his eternally furrowed brow. He's the Nohr royal I hate the least. I still look forward to murdering him.

Honestly, I despise the handling of story Xander because he's just such a contradictory dick in story versus in supports.

Also, "Justice is an illusion" can bite me.

Guys, guys. I am about to commit a sin.

Alight > Its equivalent theme from Conquest whose name I cannot for the life of me find, you know the one that goes "dododo do, dododo, dododo dodo do do" and then "waaaa waaa waa waaaa waaa waaaa waaa waaaaaa"

...That didn't make any sense whatsoever, but I'm sure you understand.

I mean, I'm not going to lock you in a tower or anything.

I'll just take the percussion of A Dark Fall myself.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! Yeah, true.

Speedy Gonzales of course is helped by being just one of the most OP of the Looney Tunes.

Imagine if they had him and Road Runner race, Superman and Flash would have some real competition.

@DragonFlames What caused the current pfp?

Dwyer just got a perfect level up. They laughed when I said I would make Paladin Dwyer a reality. Look at him now! Among my best troops! Unironically, too. His res and his defense both are through the roof, he's quickly become my main tank lol.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Honestly, I despise the handling of story Xander because he's just such a contradictory dick in story versus in supports.

Also, "Justice is an illusion" can bite me.

I mean, I didn't say he's a great guy. I just said he's less bad than his psychopathic sister, the abusive father (either of them) and the loli.

Just now, Dayni said:

@DragonFlames What caused the current pfp?

I don't remember the exact context, but he jokingly wondered what this anime girl would look like with a beard. Naturally, I got to work immediately. So yeah, it was me. I caused it.

Looks like I didn't lose my phone after all. Found it only after hurling hundreds of invectives that aren't exactly wrong at myself. 😅

Also finished the medieval siege book, it ended abruptly without a conclusion, the last chapter being on the inhumanities of medieval siege warfare. When food starts running low but you the defender continue to persist and resist, expel the noncontributing citizens: elderly, children, the weak. Maybe the besiegers side will let them through and feed them. Or, maybe the hapless civilians will wanted by neither side and left to starve and die in the middle of the battlefield. And it turns out setting fire to a city surrounding a fortress on fire is called strategy if you have no hopes of defending said city and wish to deny it to your enemy before they start their siege.

--

On the matter of traditional Japanese OSTs, I offer these:

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Hans's map was another great map. Not nearly as difficult as Camilla, but it was a quick and tight one. I had to push forward without a moment's rest, lest the reinforcements overwhelmed us. Then I had Azama hex Hans just to spite the game. Turns out it wasn't even necessary - Setsuna one-rounded him at full HP.

...Yeah.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Nah, just messin' with ya, you do what you want. Maybe you could do a generics only run of Conquest, and finally discover the greatness of Haitaka for yourself.

Seriously though, do yourself a favor and get Haitaka next time you play Conquest. If nothing else, Haitaka. He may be a bit of a pain to capture, but he's such a wonderful unit. He even has a personal, Seal Defense! Might as well be personal, since nobody else can get it other than generic spear masters and Corrin.

I’ve gotten Haitaka before.

But I’ll do it again, sure. I think I benched him after chapter 10 last time.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Owizgxbt o

Camilla please. Relax. You're giving the hard route a run for its money.

Birthright.txt

Glad you’re realizing the true greatness of Birthright instead of assuming its just the easy route and never touching it like… every other fan of Conquest…

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

An excuse to post this theme. 

And with that, the map is over. That was... by far the best map in the game so far. Wow. Birthright really stepped up its game. I am quite impressed!

So very based. Good job Ruben.

Guys, guys. I am about to commit a sin.

Alight > Its equivalent theme from Conquest whose name I cannot for the life of me find, you know the one that goes "dododo do, dododo, dododo dodo do do" and then "waaaa waaa waa waaaa waaa waaaa waaa waaaaaa"

What!? Ruben, no, how could you!? You were being so right!

I mean I think they’re both really good, but A Dark Fall…

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well.

At least her death in this route wasn't as completely idiotic as it was in Conquest. I mean, for one, a named character killed her. It's... it's something.

God, what a waste of a character Lilith was...

Ruben, it’s really good that you put that last line in there.

——

@DragonFlames I’m glad you’re staying!

@Interdimensional Observer I hope everything improves for you!

Like the Hoshido music lacks its own identity because it sounds so generically Japanese.

guess maybe. But it also fits with the feudal Japanese aesthetic.

Of course, you can acknowledge the music fits without liking it. Metroid's music as a whole fits it to a T but outside of Zero Mission, Prime 3 and Samus Returns (and the remixes in Smash but that's cheating), i'm not really a fan

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I personally prefer these, anyway.

Oh we're sharing Japanese-inspired music?

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

ayy Stella Glow!

Thinking of checking it out one day now that i know Citra doesn't run like ass on my end.

Well i could buy it but physical copies seem to be a bit expensive and i don't have enough room to download it. And swapping out SD cards on a New 3DS is a massive pain in the ass.

Pffffffffffffffffffffft... Did Iago really just get subdued by untrained Sakura? Ahahahahahahahaha... Okay, this guy's the best.

This map looks a tad less interesting than the past two, but hey, I'll take it.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’ve gotten Haitaka before.

But I’ll do it again, sure. I think I benched him after chapter 10 last time.

A lot of people seem to make that choice. I guess it's okay, but seriously, the guy's super good. Decent bulk, supreme offense, Seal Defense in a route where you could really use it and only Corrin could get it other than him, early defense rallies, Seal Speed later on which is ALSO something only he and spear master Corrin can get... He's just so fucking good. Lack of supports and a mount are really his only flaws. Even his lack of personal is overshadowed by the fact that his class's skillset is excellent and he basically gets it all to himself in this route.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Birthright.txt

Glad you’re realizing the true greatness of Birthright instead of assuming its just the easy route and never touching it like… every other fan of Conquest…

Not gonna lie, once I got past the shock of Camilla being extremely hard, I've been loving this endgame. In fact... honestly? I think I'm kinda liking it better than Conquest's. At the very least, Camilla's map was, while really tough, way less of an insufferable hodgepodge than Takumi's Fun Castle. And the boss wasn't tougher than Henning while getting two different proc skills to erase my units. That also helped.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So very based. Good job Ruben.

Note that by "game" I mean Birthright. Fates as a whole... I miiiiiiiiight put it below a couple Conquest maps, but honestly? That was so fucking wonderful.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What!? Ruben, no, how could you!? You were being so right!

I mean I think they’re both really good, but A Dark Fall…

I did say they're both really good. Matter of tastes at this point, mate.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ruben, it’s really good that you put that last line in there.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pffffffffffffffffffffft... Did Iago really just get subdued by untrained Sakura? Ahahahahahahahaha... Okay, this guy's the best.

This map looks a tad less interesting than the past two, but hey, I'll take it.

I think you’re at the one map that I didn’t really like.

Well, I didn’t enjoy the previous one that much either, but I’m not sure I would call it bad.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Note that by "game" I mean Birthright. Fates as a whole... I miiiiiiiiight put it below a couple Conquest maps, but honestly? That was so fucking wonderful.

Yeah I knew what you meant, otherwise I wouldn’t have agreed with you. It’s great, but it’s not chapter 10 or Hinoka’s map.