Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I think you’re at the one map that I didn’t really like.

I'm starting to see why that is. Sheesh, Iago's not holding back, this amount of troops is insane... I'll leave this for a bit later.

Still... At least right now, I don't yet think it's as bad as Takumi's Fun Castle. I can see a couple ways I might be able to pull through without relying on the RNG as much.

Well, I didn’t enjoy the previous one that much either, but I’m not sure I would call it bad.

The previous one was great. It just required a different approach - namely, hurry the fuck up and get the bald man before you die.

Yeah I knew what you meant, otherwise I wouldn’t have agreed with you. It’s great, but it’s not chapter 10 or Hinoka’s map.

Yeah, Conquest has some really solid maps. Still, this one's up there, honestly.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm starting to see why that is. Sheesh, Iago's not holding back, this amount of troops is insane... I'll leave this for a bit later.

Yep, that’s exactly why. On hard I just gave up and had Ryoma solo the map paired up with his wife (Mozu) because I didn’t feel like dealing with all of that.

The previous one was great. It just required a different approach - namely, hurry the fuck up and get the bald man before you die.

Maybe, but on hard mode at least it’s really just turtle city.

I might’ve had Ryoma solo it as well, not sure.

Yeah, Conquest has some really solid maps. Still, this one's up there, honestly.

Agreed.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Thinking of checking it out one day now that i know Citra doesn't run like ass on my end.

It does do alternating turn order, not distinct player and enemy phases as you prefer it in SRPGs. Just to keep that in mind.

There is a slim chance you'd want to try the two translated Luminous Arc games first. LA-SG is basically a Xeno situation where the developer lost the rights to the name, and shamelessly recycled ideas and tropes. However, as LA-SG seems to be a case of each successor game being objectively better than the predecessor, and the LA games not necessarily great by any means, there are grounds to skip to SG the pinnacle of it all instead. Just sayin' for the sake of it.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I hope everything improves for you!

Oh it's nothing. Nothing except me snapping at my own laziness over something that thankfully didn't actually happen. It's entirely in my power to end my self-deprecation, if only I mustered the will to do more. I don't need sympathy, I need periodic electric shocks that force me off my lackadaisical arse.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yep, that’s exactly why. On hard I just gave up and had Ryoma solo the map paired up with his wife (Mozu) because I didn’t feel like dealing with all of that.

I... don't think that's an option for me. They're way too strong.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Maybe, but on hard mode at least it’s really just turtle city.

Well, not in lunatic without Ryoma.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

does do alternating turn order, not distinct player and enemy phases as you prefer it in SRPGs. Just to keep that in mind.

Oof.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

However, as LA-SG seems to be a case of each successor game being objectively better than the predecessor, and the LA games not necessarily great by any means, there are grounds to skip to SG the pinnacle of it all instead. Just sayin' for the sake of it.

Good to know. Sounds like a Rune Factory scenario.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, I didn't say he's a great guy. I just said he's less bad than his psychopathic sister, the abusive father (either of them) and the loli.

>Me, whose favourite Fates royal is Elise:

https://i1.wp.com/mydailymusing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/got-nothing-1.jpg?w=744

Dwyer just got a perfect level up. They laughed when I said I would make Paladin Dwyer a reality. Look at him now! Among my best troops! Unironically, too. His res and his defense both are through the roof, he's quickly become my main tank lol.

Who was his mother?

Also, of course you'd be the person to reject Staff Dwyer.

Hans's map was another great map. Not nearly as difficult as Camilla, but it was a quick and tight one. I had to push forward without a moment's rest, lest the reinforcements overwhelmed us. Then I had Azama hex Hans just to spite the game. Turns out it wasn't even necessary - Setsuna one-rounded him at full HP.

...Yeah.

So, she's that good eh?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looks like I didn't lose my phone after all. Found it only after hurling hundreds of invectives that aren't exactly wrong at myself. 😅

Was it in plain sight?

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And the boss wasn't tougher than Henning while getting two different proc skills to erase my units. That also helped

Not gonna lie, seeing you rank him as much harder feels a little weird to me, but then again you get a lot more tools in Conquest than BB.

Then again, I'm worried about it in a capture run where I won't have that many great units at that stage.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So much inability to fall here.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh it's nothing. Nothing except me snapping at my own laziness over something that thankfully didn't actually happen. It's entirely in my power to end my self-deprecation, if only I mustered the will to do more. I don't need sympathy, I need periodic electric shocks that force me off my lackadaisical arse.

Well, I hope you get those, then!

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I... don't think that's an option for me. They're way too strong.

That was really all I could do on hard. Other than, of course, soloing with Ryoma.

Edited by Sooks

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Was it just a coincidence that you happened to wonder about Dayni the same day he returned?

Nah, it was actually in the car on the way home two days ago that I realized that it'd been a loooong time since I'd seen him.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

Hello there. Things are still fairly busy to be honest, so might show signs of dipping.

Ah. Still, glad to know that you're OK!

'Morning, all! What did I miss?

22 minutes ago, Dayni said:

>Me, whose favourite Fates royal is Elise:

https://i1.wp.com/mydailymusing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/got-nothing-1.jpg?w=744

O O F

Who was his mother?

Hinoka. I was told she could produce no bad child, but I imagined she'd be bad at making a magical child, so I made him a paladin. Worked out like a charm!

Hah! Not gonna lie, his supports with Mitama were quite hilarious when they had both long since discarded the whole notion of healing and were murdering things.

So, she's that good eh?

If she caps strength I'll put her in my sig. Unfortunately she might be a few points short, but... still might put her in my sig. She's spent all game one-rounding things, it's amazing.

Not gonna lie, seeing you rank him as much harder feels a little weird to me, but then again you get a lot more tools in Conquest than BB.

Henning can be cheesed by depleting his weapons or by dropping promoted Rutger on him. If you don't happen to have two or three defense stances at the ready when you reach him, or brave weapons with strong enough users to one-round Takumi, you face an unavoidable chance to get killed by one of his two proc skills. I honestly don't get why he needed both Rend Heaven and Vengeance, it makes him complete bullshit.

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That was really all I could do on hard. Other than, of course, soloing with Ryoma.

I'll have to see what I can do. Maybe I'll have to face the reinforcements, tough as they are. I can't let them overwhelm me and they're all horse riders so I can't outrun them either.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hinoka. I was told she could produce no bad child, but I imagined she'd be bad at making a magical child, so I made him a paladin. Worked out like a charm!

Isn’t Dwyer physical?

If so, jokes on you, because iirc the only magical children in Birthright are Kana, depending on how you’ve built Corrin and who they’ve married,  and Tharja clone, which would mean using one of them. 😈

I'll have to see what I can do. Maybe I'll have to face the reinforcements, tough as they are. I can't let them overwhelm me and they're all horse riders so I can't outrun them either.

I was talking about the Hans chapter, but I guess that statement applies to this one as well.

——

The tadtones segment is finally over. Let’s hope getting the parts of the song from the other dragons is nowhere near as boring.

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Good to know. Sounds like a Rune Factory scenario.

As someone who is in the situation of having played the older RFs, but not 4, and the first two Luminous Arcs, but not Stella Glow, I think the comparison is apt. It applies as much to the gameplay as it does the characters. LA1's cast wasn't as flat as RF1's soulless lot, but LA2 made shrank the playable roster and made some refinements that certainly made its cast better to me.

33 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Was it in plain sight?

Somewhere I didn't have access to ATM, but someone else did and they checked for me. I could've sworn I didn't leave it there anyhow.

To be fair, I rushed to worst case conclusion because I thought as I was stirring awake this morning that I heard the unmistakable beep sound indicating low battery. Then I remembered "wait, when was the last time I saw my phone?" rushed to check all the places I thought I would've stored it, and then went into all-out panic within ten minutes of becoming fully alert. A great way to start your day. 

33 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Actually, growths-wise, Dwyer's pre-mother Str is 15% higher than his Mag, which Troubadour class growths added on shrinks to a 5% difference still in favor of Str. And Dwyer's base Str & Mag are equal. His problem stat is Skl. This was done perhaps to make him a good Butler, which needs both offense stats except not really unless status staffs b/c lol 1/3rd of Mag being all that's used for healing.

If so, jokes on you, because iirc the only magical children in Birthright are Kana, depending on how you’ve built Corrin and who they’ve married,  and Tharja clone, which would mean using one of them.

Gaiusuagi well. Similar to daddy, 45-50 Str-Mag growths. 4 Mag base is a little low, and Ninja has no Mag growth, so you'd want to recruit him early if you wanted pure magical over hybrid for the Candyboy.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Isn’t Dwyer physical?

I mean, he starts as a healer.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If so, jokes on you, because iirc the only magical children in Birthright are Kana, depending on how you’ve built Corrin and who they’ve married,  and Tharja clone, which would mean using one of them. 😈

Yeah, my only mages are Orochi and Dora.

I mean, he starts as a healer.

So do Jakob, Azama and Mitama.

But I’ve never used Dwyer so idk.

Edited by Sooks

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just use Ryoma, bro.

Well, this map is painful. Outmaneuvering packs of six riders in a tight corridor isn't easy, and there's nowhere else I can go. Oof...

6 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Just use Ryoma, bro.

I don't think Ryoma's a solution at this point. He hasn't seen a single fight.

Okay, getting the time stone to the thunder dragon was really fun. I hope the fire dragon’s trial is closer to that and not the stupid tadtones.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, this map is painful. Outmaneuvering packs of six riders in a tight corridor isn't easy, and there's nowhere else I can go. Oof...

On the bright side, the next map is pretty good. I’m assuming you’re still on the Iago map.

Edit: Wait, no, it’s the map after the next map. The next map is laughably easy. Although lunatic might have changed its one, absolutely massive fatal flaw that causes it to end in 1-2 turns.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m assuming you’re still on the Iago map.

Yes, and by the look of it, I'm going to be here a while.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Edit: Wait, no, it’s the map after the next map. The next map is laughably easy. Although lunatic might have changed its one, absolutely massive fatal flaw that causes it to end in 1-2 turns.

We'll see... If I make it there. 'Cause holy shit this is impossible. I don't want to quit like I did with Conquest the first time, especially because my team isn't even that bad this time, but... Jesus, this is so hard.

...I doubt we'll all make it home. And I know a few names that I'll be willing to leave behind.

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually, growths-wise, Dwyer's pre-mother Str is 15% higher than his Mag, which Troubadour class growths added on shrinks to a 5% difference still in favor of Str. And Dwyer's base Str & Mag are equal. His problem stat is Skl. This was done perhaps to make him a good Butler, which needs both offense stats except not really unless status staffs b/c lol 1/3rd of Mag being all that's used for healing.

I was also referring to the staff rank he tends to get given.

But yeah, my lack of familiarity with Fates Kids is showing.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Ah. Still, glad to know that you're OK!

I spoke way too soon, business computer just went into full kaput mode.

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If she caps strength I'll put her in my sig. Unfortunately she might be a few points short, but... still might put her in my sig. She's spent all game one-rounding things, it's amazing.

I found Setsuna pretty good my first time actually.

Not as strong as Takumi, but speedy bow go brrrr.

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Henning can be cheesed by depleting his weapons or by dropping promoted Rutger on him. If you don't happen to have two or three defense stances at the ready when you reach him, or brave weapons with strong enough users to one-round Takumi, you face an unavoidable chance to get killed by one of his two proc skills. I honestly don't get why he needed both Rend Heaven and Vengeance, it makes him complete bullshit.

I'd argue the cheese isn't that easy to be honest with Henning. Though when it comes to Takumi, I am forgetting his power on higher difficulties.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, and by the look of it, I'm going to be here a while.

We'll see... If I make it there. 'Cause holy shit this is impossible. I don't want to quit like I did with Conquest the first time, especially because my team isn't even that bad this time, but... Jesus, this is so hard.

...I doubt we'll all make it home. And I know a few names that I'll be willing to leave behind.

Yeah, the Lunatic reinforcements are some serious bets to be making charges on. It was hard enough dealing with the ones that came on Hard.

Also, the money strategist will lose the money if you use the dragon vein while they're in range. I cried when I did that.

It's really fucking hard to devise a proper plan when I have to act on the assumption that my units will get hit by any existent hitrate.

Seriously, Hana died to a 15% earlier. God fucking damnit man.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'd argue the cheese isn't that easy to be honest with Henning. Though when it comes to Takumi, I am forgetting his power on higher difficulties.

At least Henning doesn't get a plain chance to remove you from this planet when you hurt him. Vengeance on Takumi was a mistake.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yeah, the Lunatic reinforcements are some serious bets to be making charges on. It was hard enough dealing with the ones that came on Hard.

Also, the money strategist will lose the money if you use the dragon vein while they're in range. I cried when I did that.

I haven't even used money in ages lol. I've nothing else to buy.