Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, it's not my second favorite FE for nothing! In many ways it beats New Mystery, though having no map saves and a cast that I generally enjoy a bit less (not to say I have no favorites in Fates, but it's less consistent because the royals exist) give NMotE an edge. They're really close, though.

I hadn't noticed you edited your sig. If you really enjoy it, great!

• Replies 177.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Wait a minute, when did the 13 hours I spent on Layton turn into 16 hours?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I hadn't noticed you edited your sig. If you really enjoy it, great!

Yeah, I originally had it placed lower, but on my second run I changed my outlook. It just has way too many things I enjoy and too few that I don't to put it any lower. It's pretty much just the lack of map saves, a couple of maps I don't enjoy and the obnoxious fanservice in a lot of the female designs that annoys me, everything else is good. Well, I mean, minus the story, of course, but as I've said many times before, FE isn't a series I go to for a story, so I hardly count it when rating a FE. Besides, its stupidity is way too funny, I can't in good conscience say I don't enjoy the story of Fates.

Okay, done. Hoo, boy. That was difficult. But once Orochi and Reina's squads fell, it was smooth sailing. Really, that outlaw heading for the houses was the toughest enemy, simply because he forced me to hurry through those two. Otherwise, it was a simple matter. I even got Charlotte a couple levels! Her starting gear is pretty meh, but she gets going quickly.

Unfortunately, bringing Camilla to support Benny brought forth a terrible side effect: I got her C support with Elfuigi. I read it out of morbid curiousity. It was exactly what I expected it to be.

Oof.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gotta say, for as infamous as chapter 10 is, I felt way more in control than I do in chapter 13. Holy shit, this map is hell.

i think it's because ch13 is kinda deceptive. like when you first see it you think ''ez pz'' then you get rekt because you aren't careful enough and the maps keeps throwing surprises at you. Especially those paired up armored fliers are evil and can one shot (not round, one shot) many of your squisher peeps

Shuriken braker starting servant helps alot on that map tho if you were able to get them to lvl15

Edited by Shrimperor

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Since I removed Gay Fates, I'm going to have to rethink my pairings. I think I'll marry Laslow to Charlotte, because I wanna see how the philanderer handles that woman, then Camilla can become Benny's backpack so I get uber Iggy, then Xander can get his favorite psychopath. I kinda wanna give Nyx to Leo and Felicia to Odin, just to mix things up since I did the opposite before, but Odin and Nyx are already at B... Meh. Fuck it, I'm doing it anyway.

Using the royals? Who are you and what have you done with Ruben!?

That being said, give Elise to Odin you coward.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unfortunately, bringing Camilla to support Benny brought forth a terrible side effect: I got her C support with Elfuigi. I read it out of morbid curiousity. It was exactly what I expected it to be.

Oof.

Her B and A with Corrin are basically the same thing, and then their S support is Corrin, who considers the people that raised him still his family according to the plot, despite them not being biologically related, going “having a stunningly attractive sister who’s not ACTUALLY my sister”.

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Can't recruit him, he stay a green unit

Maybe he’ll join after the map?

Edited by Sooks

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

Nor will I make the mistake of my first Platinum playthrough and be < 55 against Cynthia.

Ths is why Cynthia is overrated and Gen 4 level curve sucks.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think I'll marry Laslow to Charlotte, because I wanna see how the philanderer handles that woman,

They just agree to an open marriage.

11 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Fair, certainly a point on the level curve I don't disagree with, much as by far the worst of it is the initial E4 fight. As for SS, I will not say it for Vs. Red as I always felt that was one to train for anyways, but it's a slight bother in a Kanto where even in the remakes the region is treated level wise like it was for a player starting off from scratch. Thankfully trainers do not share this problem, but I realise this also affects gym leaders as plenty stay in a similar level region. But this never was a personal issue (and imo the solution to this should be gym leaders having teams appropriate to what level they see trainers, even as basic as tying to badges). Level curve is one thing, it'd be less of an issue if there were better ways to resolve it available to players regardless of which title.

I still won't agree of the overrating on Cynthia for the time being, we'll see after the run.

Edited by Dayni

12 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Hard agree. The EXP gains in D/P/PT are terrible. In PT the best exp sink early on is grinding against Ponyta, which after a while is eh.

14 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Reminds me of how I solo’d the entire elite 4 and Cynthia with a level 46~ Garchomp, including Cynthia’s Garchomp which was several levels higher. Ah, memories.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

i think it's because ch13 is kinda deceptive. like when you first see it you think ''ez pz'' then you get rekt because you aren't careful enough and the maps keeps throwing surprises at you. Especially those paired up armored fliers are evil and can one shot (not round, one shot) many of your squisher peeps

Yeah, those dudes, Orochi's group and Reina's cavaliers are really scary. As well as the group of cavs that appeara at the south when you bait Scarlet.

...honestly, it's just generally difficult, appearances be damned.

Gotta say though, for as much as I criticized early!Felicia, I ended up kinda eating my words there. She was completely useless until the flame shuriken, but then she singlehandedly (well, with an Odin pair up, but details) kicked the asses of Orochi's whole squad. It was quite impressive! Jakob is probably still better, but she's more fun.

...just a shame that male Corrin is just straight up worse than female Corrin due to the marriage sim mechanic. Fem can produce two children for the price of one, while male steals a girl from someone else. It's just optimal to use fem Corrin lol.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Can't recruit him, he stay a green unit

Doesn't Keaton join automatically if he survives the map? Might be annoying but it should be doable.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Using the royals? Who are you and what have you done with Ruben!?

I'm not using the royals, I'm marrying the royals for their children. Rest assured, Camilla won't be deployed past Ignatius's conception.

That being said, give Elise to Odin you coward.

Who? I don't know that person.

...ooohh wait right, it was the guest unit who was in chapter 7 and then left! How could I marry Odin to a temporary character, Sooks? You make no sense!

Her B and A with Corrin are basically the same thing, and then their S support is Corrin, who considers the people that raised him still his family according to the plot, despite them not being biologically related, going “having a stunningly attractive sister who’s not ACTUALLY my sister”.

Perfect. Classic Fates.

Maybe he’ll join after the map?

That's what I'm thinking too.

35 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

They just agree to an open marriage.

Pfffft. That's too appropriate for them.

Okay, Arberrang has 22 days. I should maybe possibly be able to get every return?

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gotta say though, for as much as I criticized early!Felicia, I ended up kinda eating my words there. She was completely useless until the flame shuriken, but then she singlehandedly (well, with an Odin pair up, but details) kicked the asses of Orochi's whole squad. It was quite impressive! Jakob is probably still better, but she's more fun.

Yes, welcome to the right side.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who? I don't know that person.

...ooohh wait right, it was the guest unit who was in chapter 7 and then left! How could I marry Odin to a temporary character, Sooks? You make no sense!

Smh not letting Odin leave to follow the girl of his dreams, you heartless monster.

40 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know...

I won't have access to lightning....

Eternal stairway will be hell and i will have to cheese. No forged Bolt Axe either for a magic unit to oneshot Stoneborn....

Hoshidian's seem to lack Brave weapons in general

Hoshidan scum, their weaponry is inferior! No wonder their blacksmiths go out to battle personally, they need to make up for their lack of forging talent!

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh hey, the game is actually acknowledging that I have literally zero supplies in a supply related event.

Oh? When was that?

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay, Arberrang has 22 days. I should maybe possibly be able to get every return?

22 is too much, I had 11 in my first run and still got 3 returns. Be reckless.

Yes, welcome to the right side.

Glad to be here! Her reward, marrying someone who isn't a shit petson like Disgraceman.

Smh not letting Odin leave to follow the girl of his dreams, you heartless monster.

I mean, Felicia is quite dreamy. Certainly more than Little Miss Nohrian Scum overthere.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hoshidan scum, their weaponry is inferior! No wonder their blacksmiths go out to battle personally, they need to make up for their lack of forging talent!

I mean, they forge their weapons so well that practically all of them just give flat stat boosts. That’s pretty good forging.

Maybe they all do, I can’t remember because Hoshido has no axe users, so I don’t remember if clubs do.

Oh? When was that?

On the way to Rugga stirring up trouble before you can decide to open the gates. A little girl comes up to you wanting food, and the game says something about how you know you have nothing left to give. I didn’t have the option to have the protagonist share their personal supply with her, which I had last time.

22 is too much, I had 11 in my first run and still got 3 returns. Be reckless.

I’ll try.

I mean, Felicia is quite dreamy.

Ruben really is a Fates fan, now he’s talking how the devs want him to talk.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

mean, they forge their weapons so well that practically all of them just give flat stat boosts. That’s pretty good forging.

That's the Hoshidans psyching themselves up to be more effective, because they know their gear is inferior so they need an edge of some other kind.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

On the way to Rugga stirring up trouble before you can decide to open the gates. A little girl comes up to you wanting food, and the game says something about how you know you have nothing left to give. I didn’t have the option to have the protagonist share their personal supply with her, which I had last time.

Neat. Banner Saga good.

I’ll try.

Please do.

Ruben really is a Fates fan, now he’s talking how the devs want him to talk.

Ahahahahahahaha... well, I mean, even if her stats don't reflect it, supports insist she's quite strong. Technically my type!

...plus, I'm not there quite yet, nor will I ever be. I will die before I start lusting over Camilla's twin peaks like the devs intended.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...plus, I'm not there quite yet, nor will I ever be. I will die before I start lusting over Camilla's twin peaks like the devs intended.

It’s destined to happen now.

Edited by Sooks