• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Ghost_06_ said:

You can't bonk me, for it's not lewd. It is only an innocent girl licking ice cream.

You know what you're doing. These lies will be exposed!

GoodnaturedIncompleteClam-size_restricte

Went and caught a Magikarp now, my plan being she'll be a backup if I'm stuck. Also, three crits in a row across two battles, I am seeing a bunch of these already. I am concerned.

Ah crap, the game doesn’t let you keep resting once the timer hits zero, but doesn’t send you back to Arberrang until you leave camp, meaning you can’t rest. Looks like I won’t be seeing every return to Arberrang. Oops.

Edited by Sooks

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Maybe he’ll join after the map?

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Doesn't Keaton join automatically if he survives the map? Might be annoying but it should be doable

didn't work 😞

He survived the map, but Kaden didn't join

Not like i was planning to use him, but still...

Edited by Shrimperor

40 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I have been following that ever since i got into FE lmao

It's been going for so long I have little hope about it. On the other hand, Sun God's Wrath went though like three iterations over 10 years and then it came out and rose to my top tier of FEs, so... There's always some hope.

40 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

I forgot about all those things, but it makes sense when you put them all together like that, thanks.

But according to Juno, it’s better that the end of the world was jump started because the snake isn’t as powerful as it could be and they actually have a chance to save it from the inevitable apocalypse. So actually thanks for indirectly saving the world, Dusi.

Of course, depending on who’s behind the controller, he may have just sped up its demise. But not if I’m behind the controller, I am very smart and good and got the best ending in my blind play through.

Spoiler

Hah, actually, yeah. Dusi accidentally saved the world. Though it ended up in pretty bad shape, so... kinda good work but not, Dusi?

Ahh who cares. He 100% perished in the tower at Mannahar anyway, either when it got Eyvind'd or when the darkness reached it. So it doesn't matter either way.

23 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I AM kind, Ruben. It's just that I prefer to troll. I'm BR after all.

Hmph... That's not what kindness is!

No, it's just a famous reaction.

Sure.

Wait, there's already a hack using that name? FUCK

Well... Potentially there'll be. There is not yet.

You can't bonk me, for it's not lewd. It is only an innocent girl licking ice cream.

My dude.

You can try to hide it with a poorly photoshopped ice cream cone.

But we all know what lurks underneath.

Unleash the bonk.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yn1xHsV.png

I love how smug she is lol

Mitama is the best. Not that she has much competition. Hoshido's kid selection is awful. Kiragi and Hisame are just their dad in design and as units, Rhajat and Asugi are carbon copies of shit Awakening characters and Caeldori is merely okay, I'm just fond of her portrait and not much else.

That leaves Mitama and Shiro as the only ones with a cool design, a unique personality and a distinct unit performance. Mitama beats Shiro in all three by a bit, thus she wins. In my opinion, of course.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ah crap, the game doesn’t let you keep resting once the timer hits zero, but doesn’t send you back to Arberrang until you leave camp, meaning you can’t rest. Looks like I won’t be seeing every return to Arberrang. Oops.

Well... If you are determined enough to get the Sooks%, you can go back and not get Gudmundr.

Still, I just realized, if you've managed to get rid of all the extra days, it should be possible for you to see all the returns. Except the first and last one, they give a surprisingly small amount of time.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

didn't work 😞

F for Selkie I guess.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Mitama is the best. Not that she has much competition. Hoshido's kid selection is awful. Kiragi and Hisame are just their dad in design and as units, Rhajat and Asugi are carbon copies of shit Awakening characters and Caeldori is merely okay, I'm just fond of her portrait and not much else.

That leaves Mitama and Shiro as the only ones with a cool design, a unique personality and a distinct unit performance. Mitama beats Shiro in all three by a bit, thus she wins. In my opinion, of course.

Ode to Mitama / The Best Child of Hoshido / Rubenio Declares

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Mitama is the best.

Very true.

You forgot Selkie.

But she’s her dad again as a unit, so you probably wouldn’t have counted her anyway.

Well... If you are determined enough to get the Sooks%, you can go back and not get Gudmundr.

How dare you try to throw out the term Sooks% to get me to do what you want?

There’s no way that’s worth it, though. I just might maybe be able to get all the returns if I pick the options that give me the least time, but I don’t want any characters to die and I have a feeling those options will become increasingly fatal the more times I visit.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

didn't work 😞

Maybe someone else has to talk to him? Was there anything about it on the readme?

qZVfaNX.png

Gunter Replacement

I am pretty sure those weapon ranks are a mistake tho since gunter starts with B/C/D ranks and no E. Gotta fix that

Was there anything about it on the readme?

Nope. And i don't have a gamebanana account to report the bug

Edited by Shrimperor

qZVfaNX.png

Gunter Replacement

I am pretty sure those weapon ranks are a mistake tho since gunter starts with B/C/D ranks and no E. Gotta fix that

Especially since she has a steel yumi in her inventory, which she can’t use with E rank.

Then make one!

Edited by Sooks

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ode to Mitama / The Best Child of Hoshido / Rubenio Declares

Yeah. Exactly.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You forgot Selkie.

Lol I mentioned her later in the post and I still forgot her there.

She's... I don't know how to feel about her. She's dangerously close to Peri, the difference being she doesn't seem to fully understand that she's murdering people. But yeah, she's another mad girl who is portrayed as cute and quirky. Not on Mitama or even Shiro's level, but she does beat the rest, because that just isn't so hard.

But she’s her dad again as a unit, so you probably wouldn’t have counted her anyway.

Well, in her (and Velouria's) case, it's not as annoying. Both of the monster girls are just their dad, but at least they're rare classes so it's more justified than the other ones.

I feel like Nohr did a better job of making the kids feel unique even when they're the same class as their dad. Iggy, for example, looks like he should just be Benny 2, but thanks to his existent speed, he instead functions as a sort of middle ground between him and Effie.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How dare you try to throw out the term Sooks% to get me to do what you want?

There’s no way that’s worth it, though. I just might maybe be able to get all the returns if I pick the options that give me the least time, but I don’t want any characters to die and I have a feeling those options will become increasingly fatal the more times I visit.

Check my edit on that post. It's possible there's still a chance.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Make one, then! Assist the community effort!

@Saint Rubenio

In other news, I finished Layton 1. That was... surprisingly long, actually. Didn't expect to get 13 hours out of it, I thought it'd be shorter. Really fun, though, I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. I think I'll hunt down the four puzzles I've left and then move on to the second one.

Congrats, glad you enjoyed it. The Layton series is one I have been a fan of as well.

I mean, it's not my second favorite FE for nothing! In many ways it beats New Mystery, though having no map saves and a cast that I generally enjoy a bit less (not to say I have no favorites in Fates, but it's less consistent because the royals exist) give NMotE an edge. They're really close, though.

To think you used to scoff at that game. Seeing you slowly realize the quality of Conquest's gameplay was entertaining to watch.

Gotta say though, for as much as I criticized early!Felicia, I ended up kinda eating my words there. She was completely useless until the flame shuriken, but then she singlehandedly (well, with an Odin pair up, but details) kicked the asses of Orochi's whole squad. It was quite impressive! Jakob is probably still better, but she's more fun.

It really is such a stark change in her, as soon as she gets the Flame Shuriken she goes from mostly useless in combat to a destructive force.

@Ghost_06_

Ths is why Cynthia is overrated and Gen 4 level curve sucks.

Have to  disagree about the Cynthia comment (less so about the level curve), she has a solid team for an NPC, with both diversity and quality.

100% completed.

[image]

Congrats !!!

47 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I didn't say they made massive changes. I was referring to how these playthrough would be told more and more in video format. I have fond memories of reading webcomic playthroughs from artists or reading people's stories. I'm not saying they were all good at it or most came close to finishing (myself included), just reminiscing about how I used to see these stories and how they've faded in time.

Man I really am a boomer after all.

Personally I think the trend of with mixing animation/art with video gameplay seen in things like Jaiden Animations Nuzlocke videos and Alpharad's Nuzlocke make for the best Nuzlocke experiences.

@Acacia Sgt

Ode to Mitama / The Best Child of Hoshido / Everyone Declares

Fixed that for you.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, I just realized, if you've managed to get rid of all the extra days, it should be possible for you to see all the returns. Except the first and last one, they give a surprisingly small amount of time.

I’ve already done the first one and, because they let you actually get the timer to zero, I started the second one a couple seconds after leaving the dredge godstone. I don’t know how that affects your estimates, but yeah.

She's... I don't know how to feel about her. She's dangerously close to Peri, the difference being she doesn't seem to fully understand that she's murdering people. But yeah, she's another mad girl who is portrayed as cute and quirky. Not on Mitama or even Shiro's level, but she does beat the rest, because that just isn't so hard.

Is she close to Peri? I don’t like anything about her character, but if so, F.

Iggy, for example, looks like he should just be Benny 2, but thanks to his existent speed, he instead functions as a sort of middle ground between him and Effie.

Wait, what?

Huh, personal 30% speed… interesting. Still though, by the time you get Ignatius, if you haven’t been grinding, he’ll be close enough to Way Fighter that that shouldn’t really make a difference.

Project X Zone 2 is a testament to Monolith Soft's amazing ability to improve with sequels:

Man, what an improvement this game is. Every single flaw the first game had is fixed here while improving on the skeleton of the first game. Characters now have their own individual skill bar instead of tying everything to a universal XP bar, allowing maps to be cleared far faster. The maps themselves completely remove the enemy bloat of the first game. Only the last two maps in the game dip the enemy count into the 40s but by then, you've got enough equipment and upgraded each character enough time, along with multiple skill applications, that high enemy counts become a non-issue. And most characters unlock their AoE multi-attacks long before you reach the late game, allowing you to weaken or clear large groups of enemies, significantly reducing the amount of time it takes to clear a map. The improvements to the gameplay here are so great that i was able to clear multiple maps in one sitting, something that became impossible starting in the mid-game of the first game.

The presentation of the game has also seen a major buff. The sprites are the usual top-tier quality of course but the animated cut-ins for specials and assists just so neat to look at now. The UI is improved, giving you a much clearer picture of what's going on. Really, this whole game's an improvement.

The story is just dumb fun like last time and that's fine, i didn't come into this game expecting Shakesphere. Though my experience with most of these characters is still limited to just these crossovers, i was still able to enjoy them and their interactions although no doubt i would enjoy it a lot more if i had played those games. Speaking of characters, there seems to be a trend for Monolith Soft characters to improve when in a crossover. T-elos saw a massive improvement in her crossover appearances compared to her original appearance in Xenosaga Episode III. And now, Fiora has gotten a huge boost to her character and the main reason is because Shulk is not in this game, and so it gives her more freedom for her character. Seriously, i feel like there's a big gap between how Fiora is written in this game vs how she's written in Xenoblade Chronicles.

The music for the most part is just cheating because it's just remixes from existing songs. Not all of them are as good as their original versions but oh well, what are you to do.

Admittedly, this game does occasionally get repetitive at times and it's pretty long so that might definitely be an issue for some. But as long as it's not the only game your playing, the repetitiveness shouldn't sting too much. Besides, the very cool spritework and attack animations this game has can distract you from the occasional repetitiveness.

This game has given me even more appreciation for Monolith Soft, because if there's one thing they are consistently good at, it's improving tremendously with sequels. Even on the very rare times they make a bad game, the chances are high that should a sequel ever come, it'll be a tremendous improvement and it just shows how good Monolith Soft is at improving.

8/10

Updated "games i played in 2021" rankings.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This game has given me even more appreciation for Monolith Soft, because if there's one thing they are consistently good at, it's improving tremendously with sequels

But... Xenosaga II... Thats an improvement too! Xd

Edited by lightcosmo

Because Project X Zone 2 was long as fuck and because 13 Sentinels is super story heavy, I think imma play New Super Mario Bros Wii before 13 Sentinels. Just as a quick appetizer before jumping into a five-star meal.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But... Xenosaga II... Thats an improvement too! Xd

image0.png

1HciZUg.png

gMuqysk.png

gg lol

The Shining Bow guys, ya know, the ones who usually wreck Xander on this map so he can't just solo, have 0 hit on Ryoma, too :'D

Ryoma moment. Every time.

Are you gonna use him?

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Are you gonna use him?

ofc lol. Wanna see how much he can break Conquest...

He will probably start falling off a bit once enemies all get promoted (ch18) and have S rank WTA over him

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

You know what you're doing. These lies will be exposed!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My dude.

You can try to hide it with a poorly photoshopped ice cream cone.

But we all know what lurks underneath.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

0802853532ea8847bc99a78540ee2377.jpg?width=493&height=473

You can't prove anything!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sure.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/vomit-chan

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Have to  disagree about the Cynthia comment (less so about the level curve), she has a solid team for an NPC, with both diversity and quality.

She has a really good team and is probably the strongest champion, the problem is that the Cynthia's memes exist less because her team is really that good and more because the player's team is probably severely underleveled. People treat Cynthia like a nightmare because of this, and if the game's level curve were better, a well-balanced Player team wouldn't be wiped out so easily.

Edited by Ghost_06_