Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Well shit Earhart got crit for 10 damage by a Bidoof. Good thing she was at full heath because that was 2/3s of her health.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Based on your taste, you can't either 👀

popcorns-crackhead-eating.gif

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

100% completed.

1aEH62K.jpg

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well, I would ask if I needed help with it and I might in any emulated runs (like help on what modding to do?) but I don't think it'll be as much of an issue elsewhere and I should maybe be able to trade. I could be wrong in future.

Here's the new GTS site: https://pkmnclassic.net/

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

I definitely didn't feel like it was 5 levels throughout the entire game,

It was hyperbole.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

As for people liking a challenge, this is also not untrue. I have a habitual issue of not wanting to be at the same level as opponents in the Pokemon games either, but yeah 8 levels below Cynthia was a mistake.

Yup. The problem is not liking a challenge, the problem is the lack of balancing. Only from the 5th generation games will they solve this.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

*After Tyranitar

Yes, because Tyranitar and Dragonite were both underwhelming.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bye Chris.

And Emily too.

Also, @Saint Rubenio, surrender to your heart's desire.

Edited by Ghost_06_

26 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Considering the earlier discussion involving you, I wouldn't trust it in your hands at all.

Hey, now. Just because everyone is convinced that I am a degenerate doesn't mean I am a degenerate.

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

0802853532ea8847bc99a78540ee2377.jpg?width=582&height=559

How dare you defy me.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Based on your taste, you can't either 👀

Well. Those are fighting words.

We duel at the struck of midnight. May the superior taste win. I'll have you know, however, I am quite undefeatable.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

popcorns-crackhead-eating.gif

Having fun, are we.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

100% completed.

1aEH62K.jpg

Conglaturation!!!

You have completed a great game.

And Emily too.

Oof.

Also, @Saint Rubenio, surrender to your heart's desire.

Ahhhh, I thought it was odd you hadn't yet jumped into the fray. Unfortunately, Camilla is not my type. So no. There is no such desire. I am pure.

I've been gone for a few days. Why are we all dunking on Ruben? Both for curiosity's sake and so that I know what's going in case I decide to join in

Finally started CrossCode. Played for but a little over 2 hours, ending at the mountain town.

Game looks nice, the natural environments recall the 16-bit era quite positively. First dungeon was trickier and heavier on the puzzles than one would normally expect, but I'm fine with it. Played entirely undocked using the Joy-Cons, and I've concluded that's not ideal. Twin-stick shooting is a tad awkward with the Joy-Cons. I'll have to swap to tabletop mode and use the Pro Controller to make throwing snowballs less of a hassle.

Combat once I was free to explore the forests and mountains got tough. I've been fortunate most enemies so far are peaceful except when attacked, as they're capable of killing me in about three attacks, and once they're angry, they're relentless to no end and won't be satisfied until your flesh is hanging by a bonfire and becoming jerky. I'm feeling inclined towards pacifism. The guy who challenged me to a duel I lost against all five times.

So, it's a little bumpy, and to be honest I had to force myself to start up the game in the first. But that isn't exactly out of the ordinary for me. Once I've let my feet leave the cliff, gravity ought to provide the momentum that sends me to the endpoint without difficulty. -Barring any unforeseen midair obstacles or elevated structures that I might splat upon before I gently touch the terminus of terra firma.

23 hours ago, Armagon said:

I mean, i do think the series is creatively bankrupt but that didn't happen until after Wii. Because Wii is the logical progression from New Super Mario Bros on the DS.

2 with it's coins gimmick was kinda cute but by the time NSMBU arrived, yeah, the series is basically dead. Explains why, apart from the port, there is no NSMB on Switch yet.

My earlier joking aside, you're right. Two games doesn't make stagnation. Considering my own thoughts on Kirby stagnation, it's the third or fourth where one should start being concerned.

And a new NSMB is so necessary anymore, Super Mario Maker, while not perfect or the same as a proper game, does let fans make their own unofficial NSMBs.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm not using the royals, I'm marrying the royals for their children. Rest assured, Camilla won't be deployed past Ignatius's conception.

Ah, marriage as a means towards furthering military ends, now you're thinking like real royalty!

In the case of the Crusades, the aristocratic women of the elite Christian warrior families or who inherited fiefs that came with military obligations to keep them, were required by law to marry men of military talent- no spinsters and lonely widows. As women were deemed scientifically incapable of fighting, marriage to fighting men was their service to the conquest and protection of the Holy Land. When they reached the age of 60, marriage was no longer necessary for a woman, as elite men were relieved of their military obligations at that age, implying crusader marriages were naught but another aspect of warfare.

Playing TRS, and holy crap I was not expecting Yuni to be so good at fighting in the arena.

And the best part is you occasionally get a free weapon thanks to steal. 😄

Edited by Robert Stewart

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

I've been gone for a few days. Why are we all dunking on Ruben? Both for curiosity's sake and so that I know what's going in case I decide to join in

Erm... Things have always been this way. Xd

14 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Yes, because Tyranitar and Dragonite were both underwhelming.

Take that Tyranitar slander back

14 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Here's the new GTS site: https://pkmnclassic.net/

We can do that with 3DS right? I distinctly remember being able to set DNS addresses.

Mostly because my DS Lite would need actual physical fixing.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, now. Just because everyone is convinced that I am a degenerate doesn't mean I am a degenerate.

How political of you. You'd make a great fit for the senate.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Having fun, are we.

I mean, I've had two near scare so far, but yeah, over a decade after getting Platinum I guess it's working out so far.

He's been saying he would die before being entranced by Camilla's tracts. Based on actions, several people remain unconvinced. I'm just tittering away in the corner and playing my first nuzlocke in nearly a decade.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well. Those are fighting words.

We duel at the struck of midnight. May the superior taste win. I'll have you know, however, I am quite undefeatable.

whispers in anime, your weakness

I'm ragging on him for his taste in .png ladies.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Erm... Things have always been this way. Xd

I mean, yeah, but I was curious for this instance in particular. 😛

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

He's been saying he would die before being entranced by Camilla's tracts. Based on actions, several people remain unconvinced. I'm just tittering away in the corner and playing my first nuzlocke in nearly a decade.

I see. How's that nuzlocke going?

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ah yes. Because clearly I have the best taste in png ladies and he's thus wrong by default

Okay, I think I'm done with the split party segment of Chapter 83's dungeon. There's still a regular single-party segment, but thankfully if I leave the dungeon I can return to the midpoint and not have to go through the first half again.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

I see. How's that nuzlocke going?

Early days, training the firstfew catches . Got the usual catches in the early game.

Starly Earhart just got Quick Attack.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

Ah yes. Because clearly I have the best taste in png ladies and he's thus wrong by default

So if you do have the best taste, who are best girls for us to fawn over in your correct opinion?

I am not being serious, just thought it funny to say.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So if you do have the best taste, who are best girls for us to fawn over in your correct opinion?

Steam Workshop::[TTT] Bonk Bat

I am not being serious, just thought it funny to post.

I love the voice select mod's choices for Charlotte. There's some of her cringe cutesy lines... and in the middle of them is "augh, whatta pain in da butt." Wonderful.

Anyway, there's a hexing rod in chapter 14 lunatic. Thanks, Fates. I didn't need Odin, Keaton and Azura anyway.

11 minutes ago, Spara said:

I mean, everyone's always dunking on Ruben. I think people should treat Ruben with more respect, he deserves it.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ah, marriage as a means towards furthering military ends, now you're thinking like real royalty!

Great. Good to know I'd make good royalty.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You'd make a great fit for the senate.

I   A M   T H E   S E N A T E

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean, I've had two near scare so far, but yeah, over a decade after getting Platinum I guess it's working out so far.

Good luck. May your nuzlocke end better than my FE Ironmans do.

...Where did the word "nuzlocke" come from, anyway...?

whispers in anime, your weakness

Not anime!

I think this is my favorite of all the summaries.

8 minutes ago, Spara said:

But... But I thought we agreed on Sylvis...

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Aaaaahh dunno, man. You're acting mighty suspicious right now. I believe I may be the red herring of Teehee!

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahhhh, I thought it was odd you hadn't yet jumped into the fray. Unfortunately, Camilla is not my type. So no. There is no such desire. I am pure.

I'm too busy nowadays to bully you Ruben, but I'll try my best!

16 minutes ago, Spara said:

Ruben has shit taste.

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

We can do that with 3DS right? I distinctly remember being able to set DNS addresses.

Yes, you just need a WEP network for the gen 4 games.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But... But I thought we agreed on Sylvis...

She's up there, but c'mon, Tianna and Paramythis exist. 

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I have fallen... astray.... Uh....

POV: I got sent to horny jail:

oubliette-french-torture-halloween.jpg

Plot twist: TeeHee Thread is Horny Jail. It's all inmates and wardens here... and wardens are just inmates in uniform.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A combination of the pokemon Nuzleaf and John Locke, a character on the TV show Lost, who was in turn named after an English philosopher of the same name.

One of the first nuzlockes or the first nuzlocke comic on the internet of something like that had a Nuzleaf that they named Locke, I’m pretty sure. Not sure what was special about Locke the Nuzleaf though. Maybe he was the fan favorite.

Edited by Sooks

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, history time.

So, over a decade ago this one American starts a webcomic of his Ruby playthrough with the most basic of the nuclocke rules, which was a combination of limiting captures and ironmans which people would have done previously separately and named "Pokemon Hard Mode" The name changed after one of the pokemon caught in the run, a Nuzleaf that was used to reference John Locke from Lost became a breakout among the cast especially after it's death, Nuzlocke being a simple combination of the names.

Course it spread beyond the initial community that sprung up around the comic for those who also played with these rules to some severity or other (mostly more severe), keeping the term as it went, even for larger streamers. I found it in 2010 after a dive on Bulbapedia and was an active member on the forum but that's off topic.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

A combination of the pokemon Nuzleaf and John Locke, a character on the TV show Lost, who was in turn named after an English philosopher of the same name.

One of the first nuzlockes or the first nuzlocke comic on the internet of something like that had a Nuzleaf that they named Locke, I’m pretty sure. Not sure what was special about Locke the Nuzleaf though. Maybe he was the fan favorite.

Hey you, whippersnapper, let the old man who was in the community tell you the story!

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Plot twist: TeeHee Thread is Horny Jail. It's all inmates and wardens here... and wardens are just inmates in uniform.

Outside, a harsh guard speaks

Edited by Dayni