Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

SHRINE OF AMANA IS MAKING ME GO BALLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDD

Oof, hopefully you didn't kill the singers. Keep a careful eye out, note you can lock onto the beasts that hide before they aggro (so you can sorta scout them out with it if you are careful), and they are attracted to torches like moths to a flame (although it helps you see the holes in the water, making for a bit of a risk-reward in using one). Slow and steady wins the race here.

• Replies 176.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Slow and steady wins the race here.

I just decided to stand on a pillar and kill every mage ten times until I can just walk through the area...

On 6/18/2021 at 10:28 AM, Shrimperor said:

9000!!!!!

Also, holy jeez, those attack patterns are crazy.

Edited by Shadow Mir

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I just decided to stand on a pillar and kill every mage ten times until I can just walk through the area...

I guess that works. I seem to remember dealing with the mages being a lot about careful positioning (and which is killed when for aggroing purposes) to limit the number that could target me while I charge one, and kill it quickly and decisively (usually after luring the melee enemies between me and them out to wipe them), and then running for cover to figure out the next best place to deal with them. I went through the entire game as part of the challenge rock covenant, so the wipe out ten wasn't really an option for me.

11 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oof, hopefully you didn't kill the singers.

Milfanito? Don't think I killed them.

LET'S GOOO IT WORKED

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

LET'S GOOO IT WORKED

Nice!!!

Edit:

Despite the fact that opted out of it on my playthrough, I am glad DS2 made that an option for dealing with its challenges (and that there is a way to opt out of it at all, or arguably reverse it with bonfire aesthetics, although those come with their some serious ramifications when used...)

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

am glad DS2 made that an option for dealing with its challenges

I don't think I'd have liked it in DS1, but yeah, I definitely appreciate it here.

9 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

When Duogall yells at the generic soldier to find the Aegis the core crystal gets brought up, and they have a humerous discussion about the color emerald.

Oh yes, now I remember. I'm now reminded of Nia's wanted poster.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Getting more EXP, and prolonging the enjoyment of RD. I know the latter is inconceivable to you, but it's not for me.

Hey, in all fairness, part 2 was when I was still enjoying RD. It was starting to get a weeee lil' bit annoying, but I still had fun with it. It was part 3 where it went down the gutter.

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know, kinda sad i don't have any axe units in my team who can use that. The only Axe unit is Hinata, and he is at D Axes still lol, and he mainly sticks with Swords

Meanwhile me: "hey Charlotte reached 40 strength, let's gooooo"

Nohrian scum ftw

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Rinkah the mediocre is the only natural Oni Savage

Ahem

I'd just like to point out, there's another one in Shrimpy's case.

Unfortunately, he needs to be captured, and Shrimpy doesn't seem none too fond of that. His loss.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Birthright cast moment. I have no clue what compelled them to give you one of whatever Rinkah’s class is.

Hey, Kumagera makes excellent use of the class.

Seriously, Kumagera is so much better than the proper oni savage of the game, it's not even funny. At least Oboro stands a chance against Haitaka. Like, at least she has a pretty good personal, even though her bases and growths are all worse than Haitaka's except like, luck and resistance, and she doesn't have rally defense in chapter 10.

I know, I know, they all exist in different routes so it's a moot point, but the fact that these randos, in a vacuum, are better than the proper characters is kinda funny to me.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nohrian scum ftw

#NohrianScumAndProud

xD

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

he needs to be captured, and Shrimpy doesn't seem none too fond of that.

Not for the lack of trying i tell you that much xD

capturing would be so much easier if it didn't disable Attack stance

I have decided to give Izana the boot.

Pt0cksko o

Instead I welcome this woman into the team. She can use A staves, nobody else can. Here's hoping fortify helps, a lot of my problems before stemed from the fact that half the army was injured and I had no time to heal.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

calm down

take a breath

I'm breathing, I'm breathing.

use staves

YOU SAID I SHOULDN'T

use save states

I mean, I could've won in the last attempt by abusing save states enough. But it felt so scummy that I couldn't do it. I want some semblance of bragging rights. Besides, I can't just beat this map, I need to beat this map, y'know what I mean?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

YOU SAID I SHOULDN'T

bro pls i told yesterday i use like 3-4 staff charges on  that map alone 

Starting Stairway i stop hoarding

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I want some semblance of bragging rights. Besides, I can't just beat this map, I need to beat this map, y'know what I mean?

yeah i know. I myself dislike using save states in conquest and only use them in Fox hell or something, because i hate that map. 

Part one done. With Benny, it's simple enough. Half the archers just ran past him lol.

All right, Hinata is next. Last time he was pretty easy. Here's hoping I can manage that again.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

bro pls i told yesterday i use like 3-4 staff charges on  that map alone 

Starting Stairway i stop hoarding

All right... all right.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah i know. I myself dislike using save states in conquest and only use them in Fox hell or something, because i hate that map. 

Oh yeah, that was the map where I really did abuse the save states. Fucking shitfest... Everywhere else I just use them when I've got a strat down, to save myself the time of redoing it over and over.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fucking shitfest

It's even more of a shitfest because the game almost otherwise has amazing gameplay, so it really stands out.

Then again, every FE has that one map where i go ''why does this fucking exist''

Except maybe FE8. I don't remember any map there i utterly hate. But none i found amazing either tbf

Xr277olu o

What would I do without you, man.

You're the fucking best.

Oh, and by the way, he dodged the sword too. I was worried about that, because then he could've gotten killed by the archer, but nope. Haitaka isn't about to let that happen. What a badass.

Not that it would've mattered. I was quite worried about Kumagera, but then he got a crit when attack stancing with Senno, so it was all fine. Bit of luck there, but otherwise it went very well. Thank goodness. On to the castle gates now.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

It's even more of a shitfest because the game almost otherwise has amazing gameplay, so it really stands out.

Then again, every FE has that one map where i go ''why does this fucking exist''

Well, I'm not sure most FEs have a map like that to Kitsune Hell's extent. That map is fucking atrocious. There's like, Reunion At Dawn that's worse because that one softlocks you very easily and... that's all I can think of right now, really.

YES

Rallyman got and reinforcements down. Perfect, perfect, perfect! Now, to wait 20 turns for Azura to heal the entire team so I don't waste another fortify charge. I'll probably need that later.

Xpgeouhc o

Bye girl. You were good to us while you were still alive. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten. Alas, now that fortify is gone, I need your A staves no longer.

...No, but seriously. Shrimpy, you talk as if killing those two spear masters is like, the easiest thing in the world, but I don't see it. To target them, you need to leave someone in range of four enemies. Not to mention, one of those enemies is Oboro, who has Luna, a 28% chance to instakill a unit. Like, no questions asked, the only one who survives a Luna hit is Charlotte, and her defense is low so she'll die to another hit. It's literally impossible, how do you do it?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...No, but seriously. Shrimpy, you talk as if killing those two spear masters is like, the easiest thing in the world, but I don't see it. To target them, you need to leave someone in range of four enemies. Not to mention, one of those enemies is Oboro, who has Luna, a 28% chance to instakill a unit. Like, no questions asked, the only one who survives a Luna hit is Charlotte, and her defense is low so she'll die to another hit. It's literally impossible, how do you do it?

BN20qdy.png

Here, i marked it for you. There's one Spot where only Oboro's pair up can attack you. You use someone to kill the spear master from 2 range, dance him in a place where Azura is safe, thne kill the Spear Maser from the Marked spot. Only Oboro's pair up can attack you now, and the rest will move towards you, where you can pick em up