Special Group
-Uhai
-Kenneth
-Jerme
-Ursula
-Darin
-Lloyd
-Linus

You only get one of each of these, totalling 7 new units if you do Lyn mode. Bolded are the characters I'm considering picking up from each group. I know FE7 bossmen isn't exactly the most exciting topic, but if anybody has any arguments for a different guy, feel free to throw it out. Eagler's the only one that's set in stone.

Wait wait WAIT! When I looked over on fireemblem.fandom, it says Eubans is ch.15 for Hector mode. Does he still count in the same grouping as he does if on Eliwood mode? I guess I'd go Bernard for that group if so.

And I mean... do you really hesitate for anyone other than Batta in group 1? He's reputed as an absolutely terrible unit. You know you'll want to use him forever. Teodor does seem like an OP unit. You already know what my choice would be in the special units. Denning seems pretty good too, plus his unique weapon. 

Edited by Lorneus

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm guessing the hack has a failsafe if you choose any of the characters that get Morphed in Endgame?

The one you select from that batch doesn't appear in the last chapter. I haven't seen anything specifying if they get replaced by someone else, but I haven,t read everything, so it may be mentioned somewhere.

Ooh, Storge does seem pretty cool! The character designs seem very neat! and it has at least enough uniqueness from the very little I saw of it to pique my interest. I'll definitely give it a go sometimes, especially since it doesn't seem like a very long hack.

Storge is awesome. Hold up, let me try to find my impressions...

On 10/20/2021 at 8:06 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

It's such a cute little game. It lasts an afternoon or two, it has super creative unit concepts with a few fun maps to put them to use, the gimmick is really unique, and the story is wholesome as fuck, I know how you guys like those. Try it out, folks, you lose nothing. It's only 5 chapters! Well, and the prep map. You'll probably waste a bunch of time there, trying to decide which units to take along. They're all awesome, so it's not easy, lemme tell you that much!

I might also look into the others you've mentioned. I have downloaded Road to Ruin and Last Promise prior, but have never heard of the others, apart from Sword of Heaven and Earth. Are they all on SF?

You can find them on FEUniverse, including an English translation for SoHaE. It's a bit rough, but it gets the job done.

Haha, I don't think being critical of a game and indulging in its nostalgia are mutually exclusive. 

I suppose it isn't, heh.

I just realized one of the bosses I thought about recruiting is not part of any group.

Aww... Who was it? If I'm not mistaken, the only ones missing are Lundgren, the two desert brigands, Nergal and Kishuna. Not sure why on the desert brigands, to be honest.

So far my lineup would be Batta > Yogi > Boies > Eubans > Cameron > Sonia > Lloyd. Sadly, Lloyd is not available for that long a time, I now realize. It'll still be worth it XD 

According to the thread, the special group, even though they're the morph guys in the final chapter, are not recruited in the final chapter, but rather in the places where they're regular bosses. So no Gangrel situation here, Lloyd would join at the same time as Wallace. Kinda late, but not Athor-tier late.

Of course... That's assuming you get Wallace. If you get Geitz, he can't join, period, as the thread states the Reed brothers cannot be recruited in Cog of Destiny.

Oh wait. Cog of Destiny is not the Wallace/Geitz map.

Man, it's been so long since I last played this game...

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm guessing the hack has a failsafe if you choose any of the characters that get Morphed in Endgame?

Thread states they don't get morphed. That's why there's a special group that's all the morph bosses in Endgame, I would wager - so you can't completely cheese the map by saving all the morphs. Though separating the Reed brothers is enough cheese, those two are by far the toughest part of the map...

5 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Wait wait WAIT! When I looked over on fireemblem.fandom, it says Eubans is ch.15 for Hector mode. Does he still count in the same grouping as he does if on Eliwood mode?

FE7 chapter numbering is ass. Just rely on the list.

I guess I'd go Bernard for that group if so.

Bernard's stache >>>>> everything else.

And I mean... do you really hesitate for anyone other than Batta in group 1? He's reputed as an absolutely terrible unit. You know you'll want to use him forever. Teodor does seem like an OP unit. You already know what my choice would be in the special units. Denning seems pretty good too, plus his unique weapon. 

I would like to go for Batta, but he's kind of an obvious pick, you know? The guy who's literally called Bug is deceptively great. And I've always had an appreciation for Carjiga. Simply because his name ends in "jiga", which makes me think of "vejiga" every time I see it.

Also, Denning gets a special weapon? I hadn't heard about that. I've done some poking around, but well... not that much, haha.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thread states they don't get morphed. That's why there's a special group that's all the morph bosses in Endgame, I would wager - so you can't completely cheese the map by saving all the morphs. Though separating the Reed brothers is enough cheese, those two are by far the toughest part of the map...

I meant if there'd be someone else in their place, rather than have the "slot" missing, but yeah.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Storge is awesome. Hold up, let me try to find my impressions...

You can find them on FEUniverse, including an English translation for SoHaE. It's a bit rough, but it gets the job done.

I suppose it isn't, heh.

Lol, I didn't wanna go hack hunting yet, so I just saved a screencap of your message in my hack folder for now XD But I'll be looking into those sometime! 

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Aww... Who was it? If I'm not mistaken, the only ones missing are Lundgren, the two desert brigands, Nergal and Kishuna. Not sure why on the desert brigands, to be honest.

Igor. The FFO sub-boss. Anyways, according to the thread, you jump from 22 to 25 between two groups.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

According to the thread, the special group, even though they're the morph guys in the final chapter, are not recruited in the final chapter, but rather in the places where they're regular bosses. So no Gangrel situation here, Lloyd would join at the same time as Wallace. Kinda late, but not Athor-tier late.

Of course... That's assuming you get Wallace. If you get Geitz, he can't join, period, as the thread states the Reed brothers cannot be recruited in Cog of Destiny.

Oh wait. Cog of Destiny is not the Wallace/Geitz map.

Ah, lol, I didn't see the edit before. But yeah, actually you recruit them in CoG, as seen here: 

Yep! Only Cog Lloyd, not FFO Lloyd

Was posted by the creator of the thread. Was in response about someone asking if Lloyd was playable. Might've changed afterwards though. So if not, they still won't have that many chapters to shine, even if more than Athos obviously. And either way, you're locked between Geitz/Wallace for either brother, as one decides which you'll get in the next Reed chapter.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bernard's stache >>>>> everything else.

A sensible argument. Alright, he's on the list now.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I would like to go for Batta, but he's kind of an obvious pick, you know? The guy who's literally called Bug is deceptively great. And I've always had an appreciation for Carjiga. Simply because his name ends in "jiga", which makes me think of "vejiga" every time I see it.

I don't know if I want to know what vejiga means, considering its... close relatives in the French and English language. 

oh... it's closely related but not exactly what I thought. But if he's a Car jiga, does it mean he's a gas tank?

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, Denning gets a special weapon? I hadn't heard about that. I've done some poking around, but well... not that much, haha.

Maybe. Not sure if it was in the base game. It's just stated in the growth doc.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Denning should totally be your pick of his group. Just... the sheer hilarity of the idea... XD

Definitely considering it. I need to send Nergal a message, see how he likes it.

4 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Was posted by the creator of the thread. Was in response about someone asking if Lloyd was playable. Might've changed afterwards though. So if not, they still won't have that many chapters to shine, even if more than Athos obviously. And either way, you're locked between Geitz/Wallace for either brother, as one decides which you'll get in the next Reed chapter

Sucks to be Lloyd, then. I like Llloyd, but Wallace is Wallace.

4 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

oh... it's closely related but not exactly what I thought. But if he's a Car jiga, does it mean he's a gas tank?

Oh that's priceless. Maybe I should grab him...

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sucks to be Lloyd, then. I like Llloyd, but Wallace is Wallace.

Eh, no worries. Once I get to it, I'd go Lloyd anyways so you'll be able to showcase some Ursula goodness instead.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Definitely considering it. I need to send Nergal a message, see how he likes it.

... I wonder if he'll get other quotes actually XD It would be hilarious if that's still all he says XD

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh that's priceless. Maybe I should grab him...

Group 1 getting tighter by the minute XD

3 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

... I wonder if he'll get other quotes actually XD It would be hilarious if that's still all he says XD

He shouldn't. Else you take away what makes Denning, well, Denning.

5 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

. I wonder if he'll get other quotes actually XD It would be hilarious if that's still all he says XD

He has a battle convo with Nergal.

's all I'm gonna say.

6 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Group 1 getting tighter by the minute XD

Clearly the right answer is to grab Zugu. Then everyone's miserable.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

F. Hopefully you can get it repaired/changed...

Atleast the data you can recover, right?

That will definitely be doable, but the issue of if I can't get it repaired is actually getting a replacement, which I am definitely in no good mood for doing.

So remember that science project I was a little worried about? A massive error on the part of the manufacturers of one of the substances we were using means we have to redo the whole thing. Pain.

Although I really feel bad for my partner, who did most of the physical work because I’m horrible at doing delicate and precise things with my hands.

12 hours ago, Benice said:

Why is there a book called "Christ, Who's gonna die first?"

...Why doesn't my school have that?

How did I not see that?

My school actually had one, but then I enrolled and they realized the answer to that question was simply “Sooks’ units” and got rid of it.

12 hours ago, Benice said:

Also, this game is great, I really need to play it. It's got funny moments, Dominatrix villains and bad fanfic writing, everything I love in a game.

It takes like 50 hours to get to the bad fanfiction and that one villain.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It takes like 50 hours to get to the bad fanfiction and that one villain

It also takes 25 years to be fully mature, so I'm sure both are worth it!

A massive error on the part of the manufacturers of one of the substances we were using means we have to redo the whole thing. Pain.

OOF

Although I really feel bad for my partner, who did most of the physical work because I’m horrible at doing delicate and precise things with my hands.

I feel that.

1 hour ago, Lorneus said:

Hahaha, don't worry. I'll try to be easy on you. I do have a record of being the proofreader for all my friends all the way from highschool to end of college, so that inner grammar nazi might come out at times XD

No no, it's good! I'll never be good at french if I only use poor grammar.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Well, cracked the phone screen today.

The slope on that is inevitable.

Sorry to hear that.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

God, Zilla got blasted.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Weasley is our King?

Indeed he is.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

As this gym won't be necessary to clear until you need all of them.

Oh.

All right, fuck it. This is it, ladies and gentlemen. I'm going to revisit Blazing Sword for the first time in more years than I can remember.

Lyn got strength from Batta. That's pretty neat.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, fuck it. This is it, ladies and gentlemen. I'm going to revisit Blazing Sword for the first time in more years than I can remember.

Oooh. Set on your batch 1 guy then?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You act as if it’s some kind of chore Rubenio.

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

You act as if it’s some kind of chore Rubenio.

Well...

Just now, Dayni said:

I mean, he dislikes it more than MotE.

A chore indeed.

To be fair, I've always felt a bit iffy about my placement of this game, considering how long it had been since I last played it when I first started ranking the games in earnest.

If I finish this, I'll put it above SoV. It'll deserve that much.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, I've always felt a bit iffy about my placement of this game, considering how long it had been since I last played it when I first started ranking the games in earnest.

If I finish this, I'll put it above SoV. It'll deserve that much.

Where do you place it?