Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Spoiler

QnuCW0eg_o.jpg

she beauty

she grace

and she trying her best to sound wise and queen-like even if it's not quite working

And that's Ch. 6 and the second of the side stories done.

Feeling that final chapter hype.

• Replies 176.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Quite a lot to unpack today.

FgT2x8W.jpgK3emRwE.jpg

Isn't the message of this game supposed to be "Blood doesn't matter"?

BuB38sV.jpg

Holy fuck, you're still alive?

xLLNSaw.jpg

I misread that as "Femboy" for a moment there.

4U8GAEb.jpg

Didn't these evil guys hear the story of the blue-haired twink who killed a world destroying dragon that happened probably like a few months ago in this games time span?

jzLUaiD.jpgl6IWhTm.jpg

Wait, am I supposed to disagree with this?

vmrLvLG.jpg

This has the same energy of those religious people who say stuff like "If you don't believe in god, than how do you have morality?"

mp5ije2.jpg

This is like the ballistician map in Shadow Dragon except not fun.

iRekyPS.jpg

I audibly groaned playing this.

bexl9ys.jpg
That's his dad, isn't he?
ummvtve.jpg
How do you think she feels you damn incel.
2TIjqm1.jpg
Imagine being as cool as Kliff to one shot Rudolf at full health.
Gxx7CD0.jpg
Oh my god, two times in a row I've guessed the long lost family member. Someone give me a medal.
1ELUvF0.jpg

wt3iniy.jpg

Welcome, Alm, to the Fire Emblem protagonists with dead parents club, there's a special spot for the members who really shouldn't have cared that much because they died 5 seconds after they meet them, the only other person part of that spot being Corrin of course.

DfF4zl4.jpg

Celica, what the fuck do you think they're going to do with your soul?

ILSCQtN.jpg

I'm gonna be honest, even after Mycan explained it, I still can't see why Rudolf decided to go on a murderous invasion.

YWpTgbn.jpg

So you're saying he's Anankos?

8NFbuZf.jpg

Look on the bright side, Berkut! Now you realize that Alm is part of not only a royal bloodline, but your own royal bloodline! Meaning that it totally makes sense that he kicked your ass twice according to your own philosophy.

OjlpLTn.jpg

Relax, Berkut. Just go out on a hunting trip with Alm and kill him, it's what all the medieval princes are doing.

QyHL3Nf.jpg

Rinea is essentially a Tumblr girl who gets really turned on by emotionally unstable and dangerous pretty boys.

Berkut in a fit of rage kills Rinea and then gains more power by his new master, could this plot be anymore Star Wars.

ytjuOBI.jpg

Welp, that's Act 4 done. How much longer does this game go on for anyhow?

And by "No turning back" does it mean I wont be able to forge weapons or reclass anytime soon?

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Empires of the Word: A Language History of the World by Nicholas Ostler.

I chose it b/c it was at my local library, so it's free. Can't beat free. And it is doing its job of expanding my knowledge reserves.

While it does cite some passages of poetry and philosophy, it isn't focused on being an encyclopedia of the world's languages and literatures or anything like that. It is primarily concerned with what makes a language a world language, a lingua franca, what makes them rise, what makes them fall.

Nahuatl got a five-page section within the Spanish chapter, since it historically qualifies as world language in Mesoamerica. And the author deems it necessary to examine Nahuatl for some of the reasons why the Spanish language established itself as dominant through Spanish America. (Including a brief explanation of why Spanish didn't become endemic in the Philippines after Spain lost that colony.) Nahuatl also shows up in the book's introduction, when it cites parts of the greetings exchanged between Cortes and Moctezuma II. Moctezuma was apparently speaking wewe-tlatotani- "the speech of the ancients", the style of formal language taught at the kalmekak school for the Aztecs' elite youth. And then explained a few points of the formal Nahuatl -like the use of terms of endearment as terms showing honor and respect- to show how like Cortes, Moctezuma was engaged in an elaborate display of greetings, just in a far different tongue with different way of expressing diplomatic grandiosity.

Hmm, curious. I wonder what it has to say about other Pre-Columbian languages, if it does at all.

53 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Berkut in a fit of rage kills Rinea and then gains more power by his new master, could this plot be anymore Star Wars.

That would require Alm and Celica to be twins, so that Celica can fall for the dashing rogue (Sabre?) instead.

So @Armagon

I asked some egyptians i know about the movie and here's another interesting tidbit about it:

The arabic name "Iron Gate" refers to how people back then used to call Cairo Station "Iron Gate". So Cairo station is an accurate translation...kinda? XD

They also told me to watch the movie as it's great (i was planning to today anyway)

8 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

There's a part of me that'll be fine with calling out the British state for all it's ills, so I'm arguably biased.

Tbf the british are the main cause of a lot of problems on the world that are still going on to this day

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I have feeling that's what Le Pen is doing right now.

Next french election really scares me ngl, especially with how many EU countries got right wing governments lately and le pen just getting stronger every election. The EU doesn't need more troubles.

Like at least over here i can trust our conservatives to not work with alt-right (not yet anyway), but in other eu countries conservatives and even liberals are just sleeping in the alt right bed and it sucks.

Edited by Imperator Squilla

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Considering how dang long it takes to make stop-motion animation, it is good that it was worthy of your appreciation. What a waste of so much effort put in by the animators it would be if it wasn't.

I mean, it is fascinating seeing the style from this film. One example is there's a sequence where they make someone preparing a meal of ocean animals feel fluid,

The trouble is figuring out who did the actual stop motion, as I'm assuming Wes Anderson didn't do it all himself. 20th Century Animation weren't credited for Fantastic Mr. Fox, while Isle of Dogs is stranger. It's apparently an international project between Germany's oldest studio Baselberg and two American studios, but was shot in the UK.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We have the pandemic-induced supply chain problems contributing to a want for protectionism, and in the United States, the right's erroneous governmental crusade against capitalism that doesn't agree with their views. These two things together suggest that neoliberalism with its free markets and international trade, is very much in danger to me. Either way we'll probably have a measure of economic oligarchy, the question is the US shall have the current kind, or a Russian version where political elite get to keep the businesses.

I'd argue if we're transitioning to another capitalist ideology, that there has to be at least some compensating for the attempt at removing supports for those less well off that has been done in prior decades.

But knowing how those with capital tend to desire to hold more of it to themselves and that those increased supports kinda took two world wars to happen I don't know if they're that capable of letting go.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

4U8GAEb.jpg

Didn't these evil guys hear the story of the blue-haired twink who killed a world destroying dragon that happened probably like a few months ago in this games time span?

It seems like word travels slow. And his ears are probably covered in slime anyways.

This is like the ballistician map in Shadow Dragon except not fun.

I get the feeling, even if I enjoy figuring out how I'm going to break them down.

2TIjqm1.jpg
Imagine being as cool as Kliff to one shot Rudolf at full health.

Rudolf: And what can a boy do to me?

Kliff: What can't I do?

Welcome, Alm, to the Fire Emblem protagonists with dead parents club, there's a special spot for the members who really shouldn't have cared that much because they died 5 seconds after they meet them, the only other person part of that spot being Corrin of course.

I mean, Alm's in the should care club because his actions led to killing his own father (Thank fuck his mother never lived to see this.)

Man, Corrin is especially in the dead parents club now that I think about it.

Spoiler

THREE DEAD PARENTS

Except arguably Conquest, but considering the chances Anankos has possessed Gunther and they're going to kill the Nohrian royal family, maybe it'll happen there too?

OjlpLTn.jpg

Relax, Berkut. Just go out on a hunting trip with Alm and kill him, it's what all the medieval princes are doing.

Ah, falling from his pride.

He wanted to prove his own might. Toxicity for you.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

ytjuOBI.jpg

And by "No turning back" does it mean I wont be able to forge weapons or reclass anytime soon?

Yep, you go down, you won't be able to forge.

Thankfully there's at least one or two Mila statues so you can reclass, otherwise you wouldn't be able to save in there and personally fuck that noise to make a long ass dungeon without a way to save in any game.

8 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Tbf the british are the main cause of a lot of problems on the world that are still going on to this day

The fact that some here still ask if the Brits are at it again and it can be easily assumed something's happened is telling.

That being said, I have to be at pains to talk about states in particular versus throwing every single person in with them.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Vandham is the oldest Kiseki protag at the start of his journey so it makes sense that his story is already a bit more mature. 

I wasn't complaining. XD

5 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

The only Archaneans in Valentina right now are the Whitewings. And Zeke. But he doesn't remember.

Valentina probably doesn't get a lot of traffic from Archanea anyways.

This has the same energy of those religious people who say stuff like "If you don't believe in god, than how do you have morality?"

Tbf Clive is right here. Slayde is pretty cowardly.

In Gaiden, you kill him at the end of Act 1 but in Gaiden, he also had no character.

3 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

The arabic name "Iron Gate" refers to how people back then used to call Cairo Station "Iron Gate". So Cairo station is an accurate translation...kinda? XD

It's true......from a certain point of view".

3 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

They also told me to watch the movie as it's great (i was planning to today anyway)

Let me know how that goes.

BuB38sV.jpg

I've said it before, I believe, but it annoys me that they had the perfect opportunity to use this guy between the first Desaix battle and here and they just... didn't.

Remember that one battle that was just Berkut, Fernand and a random generic? Why not make the generic this guy? Then you get the cute "three enemy battle" be all bosses, instead of having a rando just thrown in there to preserve the fact that in the original it was three guys.

jzLUaiD.jpgl6IWhTm.jpg

Wait, am I supposed to disagree with this?

Yes, because it's being said by the ugly guy permanently making a "mad cackling" pose.

wt3iniy.jpg

Corrin already had Best Dad anyway.

ytjuOBI.jpg

Not too long, I'd say an hour, give or take.

This is also the shittiest part of the game by a long shot, but that's just my humble opinion, don't listen to me.

Or ever, because the game ends next arc. Well, unless you count the postgame.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The only Archaneans in Valentina right now are the Whitewings. And Zeke. But he doesn't remember.

Reminds me of that one manga where Luthier apparently studied magic at Khadein and was friends with Merric.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reminds me of that one manga where Luthier apparently studied magic at Khadein and was friends with Merric.

Ah yes, the Shadow Dragon manga. That manga was weird cause Marth kills Gharnef and rescues Elice.....and then it just ends.

So far, Trails Kuro has much better gameplay balance than CS by a longshot. No stupid shit like Stealth+Gungnir or EP formation+CB to break the game like hell.

Some boss fights actually surprised me with the challenge they offered, and i don't say that lightly. 

They actually tried to make the game fun, much unlike CS/Reverie. XD

Edited by lightcosmo

The most broken thing i've seen in game so far is probably Fie's crafts (Mirage Edge is kinda bonkers with Stealth+Quick+B class power and low cost) but she is very temp so that's whatever (I got to use her for literally one battle so far)

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Isn't the message of this game supposed to be "Blood doesn't matter"?

Yes. Not in the way you're likely thinking of, however. It's more in the sense of "Not everyone is equal, and sometimes that's beyond our control. That should not be cause of strife or obsession between us, or even act as a limitation to us or others". Berkut and Fernand are characters who do, and thus become blind that what our blood give us isn't the be-all end-all of it all.

If you want some applicability, it's like obsessing that you were born left-handed, or able to tongue roll, or something like that, and then consider inferior those who don't.

Because remake. It was already said but in Gaiden you only fought him once, at Zofia Castle.

Though... did you forgot his scene with the Arcanist where he ratted out the Forest Village and thus how Delthea gets kidnapped?

4 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

It seems like word travels slow. And his ears are probably covered in slime anyways.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Contact between Archanea and Valentia is indeed remote. In Gaiden it was even more so, with Valentia labeled as a "distant island" (it wasn't a continent originally). So yes, not a whole lot of news travel between both lands.

How do you think she feels you damn incel.

Is he not allowed to feel too? The battlefield ain't a playground, of course he has the right to worry. What's wrong with that. She feels, he feels, they worry for each other.

He just committed patricide... who cares that he learned it after the fact. Is he not allowed to feel anything at all either...?

Celica, what the fuck do you think they're going to do with your soul?

Still a short bit there to reach the explanation....

I'm gonna be honest, even after Mycan explained it, I still can't see why Rudolf decided to go on a murderous invasion.

Ah, this one does begin to get explained shortly after, to wit...

So you're saying he's Anankos?

I don't think this is stated in-game, just in the Accordion, but at this point it's not really spoilers anymore.

Duma, in his growing madness, ordered Rudolf to attack Zofia (something he'd have never done otherwise). Rudolf held actually obeying that order for years, but between Duma becoming even madder and Jedah couping the Duma Faithful from Halcyon and radicalizing the religion, it reached the point Rudolf either fulfilled the order or he was the one being deposed (for defying Duma's will... even if said will was very unreasonable at this point)... and not able to enact his plan to deal with the Duma (and...) problem.

Look on the bright side, Berkut! Now you realize that Alm is part of not only a royal bloodline, but your own royal bloodline! Meaning that it totally makes sense that he kicked your ass twice according to your own philosophy.

Ah, but he's the kind of villain that even when his own philosophy is thrown in his face, he invents excuses and stuff.

Kinda like Fernand when he first objected to Alm in the Deliverance. When brought up about being Mycen's grandson and thus not exactly a nobody (at the time when everyone still thought Alm was related to Mycen), Fernand then began to lambast Mycen and how that didn't count either (though to a degree is excused since Desaix had long ran a smear campaign against the man.. which shows Fernand's hypocrisy for choosing to do this when he'd have been okay with Mycen himself taking over, but all of a sudden he invents excuses for the "grandson").

Considering current events in our world... it's painfully clear hypocrisy rules the roost with these people.

*flashbacks to the Attila the Hun campaign of Age of Empires II*

Mhm... mhm indeed, hehehehehe...

Yeah, I don't think you can return to even Rigel Castle during Act 5, and thus no World Map to traverse either.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've said it before, I believe, but it annoys me that they had the perfect opportunity to use this guy between the first Desaix battle and here and they just... didn't.

Remember that one battle that was just Berkut, Fernand and a random generic? Why not make the generic this guy? Then you get the cute "three enemy battle" be all bosses, instead of having a rando just thrown in there to preserve the fact that in the original it was three guys.

Oh yes, I agree with this.

Would've been a good chance to have them talk, specially Fernand and Slayde. To allies to enemies to back to allies. Totally potential missed there.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was making a Carcino scene for the epilogue and it hit me.

The hack is over and I still don't have a fucking name for the male valkyries lololololol

Just do like Fodlan and use Holy Knight...?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

43 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The most broken thing i've seen in game so far is probably Fie's crafts (Mirage Edge is kinda bonkers with Stealth+Quick+B class power and low cost) but she is very temp so that's whatever (I got to use her for literally one battle so far)

Fie brings her brokeness with her kek

43 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Another thing, did they actually have like, an existing budget for graphics this time around? They are 20X better than CS.

New engine

Anyways Oozers are stupid. They have two Techniques, one that stops you from attacking while the other stops you from using your skills. Thing is, those two Techniques have two-turn cooldowns which means they can use one, then the other the following turn and then the first one again the turn after that. So they can basically stun-lock you.

45 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Another thing, did they actually have like, an existing budget for graphics this time around? They are 20X better than CS.

Say what you will but CS brought them a lot of money.

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Say what you will but CS brought them a lot of money.

That doesnt really answer the question though...

50 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Fie brings her brokeness with her kek

New engine

True!

That explains alot, its much smoother than CS.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ah yes, the Shadow Dragon manga. That manga was weird cause Marth kills Gharnef and rescues Elice.....and then it just ends.

Medeus was warpskipped offscreen

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yes, I agree with this.

Would've been a good chance to have them talk, specially Fernand and Slayde. To allies to enemies to back to allies. Totally potential missed there.

Oh that's right, Fernand and Slayde even knew each other. Too bad.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just do like Fodlan and use Holy Knight...?

Might have to end up doing that. I wanted something with similar oomph to "valkyrie", but at this rate...

Oh dang, you're making some progress. You might catch up to me. Made it to the train yet?

Anyways Oozers are stupid. They have two Techniques, one that stops you from attacking while the other stops you from using your skills. Thing is, those two Techniques have two-turn cooldowns which means they can use one, then the other the following turn and then the first one again the turn after that. So they can basically stun-lock you.

Oozers are definitely among the most dangerous enemies. Especially when there's two of them and they just lock you down entirely.

To the game's credit, however, they begin appearing in the same area where the item to disspell all negative effects becomes available, so you aren't left entirely without recourse.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Made it to the train yet?

Climbing my way up there.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oozers are definitely among the most dangerous enemies. Especially when there's two of them and they just lock you down entirely.

At first I thought it'd be an Ennui effect but I suppose that would also stop the player from using items.

Just now, Armagon said:

At first I thought it'd be an Ennui effect but I suppose that would also stop the player from using items.

And moving, which means no stomps, dashes or anything like that. You still have some options even when facing oozers, but they're definitely a dangerous foe that needs to be focused.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And moving, which means no stomps, dashes or anything like that. You still have some options even when facing oozers, but they're definitely a dangerous foe that needs to be focused.

Yep.

I still think there should've been an extra turn of cooldowns tho. A single Oozer should not be able to shut you down like that.

56 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Also lost them more than half the fanbase in japan if Kuro numbers are anything to go by Ü

No point, he ignores any post that paints CS in a bad light. Xd