Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I think it's a sign of the end times that Fire Emblem is releasing DLC alongside with the base release of the game.

That's been the case since Awakening... which was a decade ago, actually. This is the first time the day one DLC has been anything of significance however.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If there is one thing that has steadily, objectively (I know people hate that word but in this case I feel it's justified) gotten worse for FE, it's the DLC policies. Every game they one-up themselves.

Three Houses' DLC doesn't cost more than the game itself, so I'd say it's still better than Echoes's DLC.

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Alisa and Jusis or Rufus and Black Alberich?

Is Black Alberich a Trails character I don't know about? I honestly can't tell at this point. It feels like the name of a Gundam character for some reason.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Twintail Alear where one tail is blue and the other is red.

That only happens when she engages with Estelle, the Emblem of Big Sticks.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Lucky for them yellows get cleared after quarters

If you're not going to use the rule consistently then why bother?

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Twintail Alear where one tail is blue and the other is red.

https://media.tenor.co/images/2fbb1572e7928e34f13f84a826eb0128/raw

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Three Houses' DLC doesn't cost more than the game itself, so I'd say it's still better than Echoes's DLC.

That wasn't the case here, it was 45 or 50 for SoV and 45 for all the DLC together.

Argetina were clearly the better team. Netherlands created absolutely nothing until the first Weghorst goal, and their only attacking plan was pumping long balls towards the end. Argentina should have decided it in extra time even with the chances they had.

@Imperator Squilla I told you so, Netherlands suck.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Adding +20 minutes to a match was a mistake.

Correct. We have to think about the players physical condition too.

1 hour ago, ping said:

Lions of the North is from September this year. They slowed down considerably (15 DLCs between 2014 and 2018, none in 2019, then 4 since 2020), but it's still really silly at this point. It's honestly made worse by their policy of adding stuff to the base game and then putting some extra buttons into the DLC, since it makes a lot of the DLC incredibly light on content considering the price.

It's still my favourite Paradox game by far, and it's genuinely in a pretty good state on the current patch, with an AI that's actually quite competent for once,  but the monetisation really is... a thing.

Just download CreamAPI and pirate the DLCs, bro. They work with Steam.

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

IS: makes best FE

Fans: *HATE*

But muh fanservice

muh characters

muh story

muh baby realms

44 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Alisa and Jusis or Rufus and Black Alberich?

Armagon is just malding because Rufus is the only competent villain in the series

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The good ending.

The Good Ending is this one here, Armagon.

It would have been KINO if Giorno was the one to stop Pucci's version of DIO's plan

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Is Black Alberich a Trails character I don't know about? I honestly can't tell at this point. It feels like the name of a Gundam character for some reason.

Spoilers, actually.

Edited by Green06

Just now, Green06 said:

Correct. We have to think about the players physical condition too.

Considering Argentina just were on the pitch for 140 minutes, yeah. It's partly in response to the timewasting going on though, so there's that to account for too.

My concern when it comes to calling performative diving out is for those who could actually be injured when it comes to those wincing in pain, those studs are no joke.

2 minutes ago, Green06 said:

The Good Ending is this one here, Armagon.

It would have been KINO if Giorno was the one to stop Pucci's version of DIO's plan

Just once I want a stand focused on kicks

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Did they ever confirm you can customize their hair? I've kind of been operating on the assumption that it's like Byleth, name and that's it, but... Then again, why did I assume that when the game's so big on customization otherwise?

I mean, even if there's not, the default one still exists. Which is what I meant.

Still, I don't dislike the ponytail. It's just not the one I prefer more of the ones that are there.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, even if there's not, the default one still exists. Which is what I meant.

Still, I don't dislike the ponytail. It's just not the one I prefer more of the ones that are there.

Fair enough. I prefer the ponytail to the default, myself, but to each their own.

11 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

That’s because Black Alberich is actually the name of a divine knight, which is the same thing.

13 minutes ago, Green06 said:

I told you so, Netherlands suck.

I mean, i agree, but i said they were efficient

and they were

like 2 shoots on target 2 goals xD

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh.

True.

I forgot.

DLC: Fates > 3H >>>>>>>>> Echoes

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will assume that's a good thing

Xenoblade DLC is more like the expansion packs of old.

10 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

DLC: Fates > 3H >>>>>>>>> Echoes

I expect Engage will be about on par with 3H. Maybe a bit better, maybe a bit worse, but about on par.

10 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Xenoblade DLC is more like the expansion packs of old.

I am so happy for Xenoblade.

k2mDv5a.png

Good man Ike.

eNDYXSS.png

This wont start a billion Civil Wars, will it?

AXvVyDy.png

Ike has transcended and finally become a green unit.

hl0Xeat.png

S0UahsG.png

Dude must've used an antitoxin potion.

6kobkIj.png

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

Cough sorry, I was just really excited when this scene played.

RhEcoWX.png

Oh hey, it's our racist uncle.

xMGU8sJ.pngeAxWGfY.png

This is not okay.

L6i8k6c.png

And that makes Nephenee the last Unit to promote.

3fM7S6p.png

Oh yeah I forgot she existed.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

On your phrasing, I wonder when such discussions would have first arisen? Could there have been arguments on it with different Homo supspecies? Would people have been debating this between travelling groups as their understanding grew and it became a topic around the fire?

I mean for as long as humanity has been around there have been discussions of a higher power, on what the stars mean, who changes the sessions and what not. You could say it hasn't been a debate since the Reformation but looking outside of Europe and Christianity we can see debates on religion being as old as the oldest Civilizations and likely farther beyond that.

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Good man Ike.

I guess being a mercenary prince is enough.

This wont start a billion Civil Wars, will it?

*whistles*

Ike has transcended and finally become a green unit.

Now let's hope that 50% growth doesn't become temperamental again.

hl0Xeat.png

It's a long road of struggle, yet if one can make it to the end, to truly break the cycle... but it's not a road to be walked alone. It's a two-lane road.

Dude must've used an antitoxin potion.

Oh, just you wait...

This is not okay.

Is it that bad to refresh four units? Still, it's just when he's transformed, no?

Now you see why his family are the royals

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh yeah, the DLC talk confirmed Chapter 5 is when you first reach Somniel.

Now, is that before or after? I'd assume before.

9 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

xMGU8sJ.pngeAxWGfY.png

This is not okay.

This is more than okay.

L6i8k6c.png

And that makes Nephenee the last Unit to promote.

And with +4 Str over Ike.

Nephenee should be the protag

I mean for as long as humanity has been around there have been discussions of a higher power, on what the stars mean, who changes the sessions and what not. You could say it hasn't been a debate since the Reformation but looking outside of Europe and Christianity we can see debates on religion being as old as the oldest Civilizations and likely farther beyond that.

I mean, I'd argue it has been a debate past the Reformation too, religious discourse isn't locked to Catholics and Protestants as you said and even there you still have debates going on, though it seems less so among some of the protestant faiths to discuss the theological even there you'll have it. How much it is free among the faithful is dependent on the faith, but still.

Edited by Punished Dayni

Wait. Does Holy Crow is just an euphemism or a real thing, when actual raven shapeshifters exist?

Maybe she does, since the ravens do have a knack for coin as she does in quite a few situations.

I wonder if it's a translation quirk. Ravens use a Kanji that means both Crow and Raven. So perhaps Anna is meant to say Holy Raven but localizers either didn't caught that or deliberately changed it. Likely the latter, since Crow is closer to Cow than Raven is.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I fucking suck at planning.

I drew a nice body for Jade and then ran out of room for the head, and now what? Do I just delete everything so I can redraw it two centimeters down? urrrgh....

Dullahan?

37 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is it that bad to refresh four units? Still, it's just when he's transformed, no?

Just seems a lil' overpowered if you ask me, especially in a game that already wasn't that difficult.

36 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I mean, I'd argue it has been a debate past the Reformation too, religious discourse isn't locked to Catholics and Protestants as you said and even there you still have debates going on, though it seems less so among some of the protestant faiths to discuss the theological even there you'll have it. How much it is free among the faithful is dependent on the faith, but still.

I completely used the wrong word there, I meant to say has been a debate, not hasn't. Damn you dyslexia!

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait. Does Holy Crow is just an euphemism or a real thing, when actual raven shapeshifters exist?

Do you think the Laguz see it as a slur.

14 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Do you think the Laguz see it as a slur.

The problem here is that, as I said, Crow and Raven are the same word in Japan. So it all comes down to how localization decided to use them.

Still, non-Raven Laguz do use Crow, at least when badmouthing them. I'm checking the scripts, so I'll have to see if the ravens themselves do. But again, both are the same word in Japan, so... using crow as an insult/slur could just be a localization invention for all we know.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Looking back, actually, in Ch13 of PoR they use "crow" almost exclusively. Even Ike.

So yeah, this is just translation shenanigans. So it gives credence that Holy Crow was just for the sake of wordplay, but it still means they're using an animal which exists in Laguz form.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

Just seems a lil' overpowered if you ask me, especially in a game that already wasn't that difficult.

The good news is ballistae shred the guy. As do most other things, so there's that to keep in mind and deal with so that he's not in danger, he is refreshing the danger

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I completely used the wrong word there, I meant to say has been a debate, not hasn't. Damn you dyslexia!

Considering Early Christianity and it's willingness to debate minutiae of faith to the point of fracture, it was a thing before then too. Even if internally they tended to still be consistent on "There's one God lads, we can accept that bit. Right? Right?"

Again, I wonder about faiths that have.... not as many adherents these days (moreso the effectively if not actually extinct religions)

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The problem here is that, as I said, Crow and Raven are the same word in Japan. So it all comes down to how localization decided to use them.

Still, non-Raven Laguz do use Crow at least when badmouthing them. I'm checking the scripts, so I'll have to see if the ravens themselves do. But again, both are the same word in Japan, so...

Nealuchi uses it to describe himself here. Naesala says it here. That second is a late chapter @Edelguardiansing, don't read it!

Just checking PoR for now.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Looking back, actually, in Ch13 of PoR they use "crow" almost exclusively. Even Ike.

So yeah, this is just translation shenanigans.

Yeah, a lot of characters do use it there, plenty of them angry.

1 minute ago, Punished Dayni said:

Yeah, a lot of characters do use it there, plenty of them angry.

If it wasn't for the above, then yeah, an argument could be made localization is stablishing a deliberate difference.