Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Sooks said:

Are you okay?

Thankfully it's not a major fall, I can still walk on it (I kinda had to for the meeting I had), but my knee is still paining.

Speaking of, ibuprofen, I should take some.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

@Imperator Squilla @lightcosmo I have been informed that the latest Neptunia spin-off is not actually a spin-off. It actually is a sequel to Megadimension.

We actually got Neptunia 5 before Metroid Prime 4 and Kuro no Kiseki being localized lmaooooooooo (Neptunia games get localized in Falcom years tho)

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Otherwise, yeah I think these are likely.

Leif's moment of anguish

unknown.png

5 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Today we get worst lord

But they showed Sigurd a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

When it evolves:

Shiny Frickin' Goat!

Gogoat!

Gogoat!

Gogoat!

TRUE!

I don't think I'll be using it tho.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

The horror…

Sure Celine may have been a tsundere in that clip, but she wasn't even complaining about something or being cryptic that time.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

But now Altina has a major role and gets to be great. I put it in the spoiler tag this time because I put everything in the spoiler tag but Altina is seriously the best.

"If you were to fall off the platform, you most assuredly would go splat and die." -Altina

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, Divine Knights are Mazingers?

I'm not too familiar with Mazinger... but yes.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Neptunia games get localized in Falcom years tho

But it's releasing next month. Making another game seven years after the last one isn't that much of an accomplishment.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

But it's releasing next month

Oh.

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Making another game seven years after the last one isn't that much of an accomplishment.

More like making an actual sequel. Cause they've been making games, it's just that they kept being spin-offs.

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Imperator Squilla @lightcosmo I have been informed that the latest Neptunia spin-off is not actually a spin-off. It actually is a sequel to Megadimension.

We actually got Neptunia 5 before Metroid Prime 4 and Kuro no Kiseki being localized lmaooooooooo (Neptunia games get localized in Falcom years tho)

Ooooh, nice! That's super exciting!

Well, tbf, Neptunia actually has to build stuff from the ground up, not half ass it like Reverie and still take years to translate. XD

Just now, Armagon said:

🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨

Look at the transition between Re:Birth 3 and Megadimension, they look so different!

Now look at CS IV and Reverie, they don't look any different at all!

For example, look at the lily rank system in both games. abilities learned/shared are different and work differently than before, now look at CS/Reverie's link system, it's the same as before, just with the added chars slapped into the files, literally no extra miles taken here.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Look at the transition between Re:Birth 3 and Megadimension, they look so different!

Now look at CS IV and Reverie, they don't look any different at all!

My guy, Neptunia literally copypasted it's dungeons not just across the series but within it's own games as well, more than once.

Even when they ran it on a better engine, Megadimension reused like pretty much every dungeon from previous games for no reason, also just reusing then more than once.

Just now, Armagon said:

My guy, Neptunia literally copypasted it's dungeons not just across the series but within it's own games as well, more than once.

Even when they ran it on a better engine, Megadimension reused like pretty much every dungeon from previous games for no reason, also just reusing then more than once.

And that's 100% true, but there's more to the game than just that, though. Like... for example, why do you think they specifically changed how CB worked, but left like everything else broken? I doubt that was for their benefit. And honestly while it didn't work at all i really appreciated that they tried to change something to fix it.

That's also why i pointed out that Kuro completely changing their engine was to their benefit, it eclipses CS in terms of graphics/animations.

They actually tried to fix alot of issues (gamplay) they had, and while it isn't perfect, it was a step in the right direction. It doesn't come close in to CS in terms of options that are braindead imo.

When you can't have today free because you work for a US based firm, smh...

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm not too familiar with Mazinger... but yes.

I was referring to the "can be a devil or a god" comment, since that's also a thing in the Mazinger series when it comes to the, well, Mazingers.

Is it dropping Trails as in after they stopped playing Trails. Or Dropping Trails is the thing they were addicted to, which means once they started playing Trails (and thus no longer dropping Trails) they became happy?

Ever do a deep dive back through this topic?😆

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Well, that was fun.

Falling on my knee with all the ice.

Such fun.

I get what you mean.🙂 I slipped once many years ago getting the mail while waiting for my school bus to arrive. Considering I lived quite close to a highway, I was -slightly- concerned a vehicle wouldn't stop in time if something did come while I was still on the ground.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Almost feels like they didn't show these Emblems until now because they're comparatively so much more uninspired than the ones shown before.

Seriously Roy looks pretty bleh.

Hopefully this doesn't mean we'll be tricked into thinking the mechanic is great at first, only to discover later in the game that it fizzles. Maybe we wouldn't feel it entirely on our first runs of the game, but on subsequent ones, we wouldn't have the novelty of the concept concealing its flaws anymore. Which I'm sure can be said of some mechanics in many games including some prior FEs if we think about it for a while.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I was referring to the "can be a devil or a god" comment, since that's also a thing in the Mazinger series when it comes to the, well, Mazingers.

...Does that explain why Mazinger didn't exactly look "heroic" to me at first? Black-red-grey wasn't the first thing that came to mind as a "heroic super robot" color scheme. Maybe not as unheroic as the "red, goblin-ish" Getter-1 design, yet not Combattler or Daitarn that helps explain what I mean. -Not to say black can't be a heroic color, since otherwise I'd be tied to the rear bumper of the Batmobile and taken for a joyride.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Does that explain why Mazinger didn't exactly look "heroic" to me at first? Black-red-grey wasn't the first thing that came to mind as a "heroic super robot" color scheme. Maybe not as unheroic as the "red, goblin-ish" Getter-1 design, yet not Combattler or Daitarn that helps explain what I mean. -Not to say black can't be a heroic color, since otherwise I'd be tied to the rear bumper of the Batmobile and taken for a joyride.

More or less. Go Nagai basically took some cues from his work Demon Lord Dante, the predecessor of Devilman, when designing the Mazinger. This is why Mazinger is named Mazinger. Or rather, Majin-ga (マジンガー). With Majin being "demon god".

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Like, you've also wondered why Koji pilots the Mazinger from the head? That's also Demon Lord Dante:

Demon Lord Dante - Wikipedia

Where the human lead, Ryo Utsugi, would merge with Dante and be basically attached to the demon's forehead.