Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

MSMjPuf.jpg

True Love right there

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And the battle itself was one of my favorites too.

yeah it was hella cool. Not easily cheeseable like the other boss fights either.

You're not doing it right if you don't deploy Mario, Luigi and Peach for this one

But Edge true lord and thus replaced Mario

I never said least degen, I said below average degen.

definetly not

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yet I try as is to avoid playing games where I want to pay close attention to the story at night.

Haha and for a game like 13 Sentinels, you'd kinda be lost if you're skimming it.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Oh.

Well, that's... a little underwhelming. Just a little, after hearing so much about the game's ultra non-linear nature.

Oh yeah, as Sooks said, it's just 1 story. So it's not Steins;Gate in that there's like 10 different endings but God forbid you miss a flag.

This 1 story however is told mostly non-linearly and by that i mean like 95% of it is pick and choose. Some prerequisites exist but only so that things can still make sense. It's handled very well when you consider it's 13 different storylines constantly intersecting.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yeah it was hella cool. Not easily cheeseable like the other boss fights either.

I remember getting a really tight victory on this one. Was down to my last unit and things played out in my favor right at the end.

So regarding Engage leaks. We have info on desert maps. Fellas, I have bad news (go on guess):

Spoiler

Quicksand terrain cuts your speed if you go in it. Leaving quicksand does not recover your speed right away.

INTSYS NOOOOOO YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO MAKE DESERT MAPS WORSE! WE WERE ON THE VERGE OF GREATNESS, WE WERE THIS CLOSE!

19 hours ago, Armagon said:

If it's really such an issue, then Showdown should just show Tera-Types in the team preview.

That was one of the options in the tera suspect test, but one, that required a majority to say that action needed to be taken about terastallization, and second, I honestly don't think that it does much of anything to solve the issues it brings about.

18 hours ago, Benice said:

Why Chi-Yu? In my experience, it wasn't that crazy good.

...Actually, I guess it'd suck to deal with if it's scarfed.

It has 135 special attack base, and its ability drops the Special Defense of the mon it's facing. Also, note that this is after it (alongside the other Treasures of Ruin) was nerfed via patch; that 135 spa was originally 145. Long story short, it's a nightmare to take on defensively; only Blissey and Ting-Lu (another of the aforementioned Treasures of Ruin; its ability lowers the Special Attack of other mons) can take hits from it comfortably.

This isn't infalliable, though- Retains a weakness to Fighting, and there are a lot of pokemon that can bring that to the table; Slither Wing, for example, can pretty safely dispatch of Hydreigon, as can pretty much any fighting type with Close Combat, or even Barraskewda, to say nothing of the potential of tera'd fighting types. Or OU pokemon, if Hydreigon's being played up there.

It could just as easily run tera poison instead, which in some respects is even better (resists Fighting, and it only has ONE WEAKNESS with it; remember your abilities! And said weakness is a type you'd not want to send in on a Hydreigon anyhow).

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

And honestly, i think Megas may have been harder to deal with. I mean yeah sure, you have to give up an item slot and typings don't really change but Megas usually took an already good Pokemon and made them better and people were fine with that.

The thing is, not all mons could mega evolve, and for the handful that changed types because of it, mega evolution didn't completely change their typing; for example, Mega Gyarados still doesn't take Electric attacks well. Also, Mega Evolutions could be predicted based on team structure, as some of the original mons aren't that good. See a Lopunny in OU? It's almost definitely gonna go Mega. Tera has no such constraints, other than being usable once a match.

How? Dynamax is a flat, massive boost to HP that prevents forced switch-outs, generally increases offensive capabilities, buffs the user or debuffs the opponent while doing huge damage, and has no actual counters or any downsides at all, other than Choice items being disabled. Unless you're Shedinja or quad-weak, you can essentially guarantee living a hit while buffing yourself up, either making yourself stronger or the other 'mon weaker. Literally the only reason not to dynamax is because you only can do it once, so it's just about choosing the right time to pick the "kill everything" button- The only strategy is timing.

Terastillization does little aside from change type and increase STAB, and therefore has a lot of counters.

The thing is, a mon's counterplay is tied to the type chart. And Terastallization throws that out the window. Which makes me think that it's the type of thing I'd sooner expect from a really dickish Pokemon romhack than an official game made by Nintendo. On Dynamax, that was blatantly broken for all the reasons you stated; you could also go as far as to call it uncompetitive because it gave such a massive advantage that the opponent likely couldn't recover even if they played to the best of their ability. On Terastallization, aside from the fact that changing a mon's typing has severe ramifications, it's also extremely favorable to offensive mons. 9 times out of 10, I see an offensive mon being the one to terastallize, and it's either to dodge a weakness and set up on something that would otherwise check them or to get an Adaptability boost to one of its STABs. Those lead to the same goal: to nuke everything in sight. Tera is also why Shedinja got banned in Natdex, which is extremely telling, considering that Shedinja is generally not worth using.

Having counters is one thing, but those counters need to actually work in practice. If your counter happens to be moot because the mon you were hoping to counter terastallized into a different type than what you were hoping to take on (or because something else terastallized), you're in for a world of hurt. As is, you basically have to check mons twice thanks to tera. Which is nigh impossible when you're also trying to make a good team that has outs in many matchups.

11 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Sentence 1 and 2 kinda contradict since Pokemon has always had things that fall under "get out of jail free" category. Why would any new mechanic change that?

The only stuff that really stands out as being such to me are Gen 5 sleep (because the sleep counter resets every time the sleeping Pokemon is switched out; this eventually got all sleep causing moves banned), gems (let's just say there's a reason why gems have not shown up in any Pokemon games since X and Y), Z-moves (you get a nuke level move, but those have an opportunity cost, and second, if your opponent uses Protect, the effect is blunted), Dynamax (see above), and Terastallization.

10 hours ago, Loliko said:

Actually it wasn't , my Treck and Gonzales were just stuck on the left side of the map choking a point between two houses. They were surrounded by like 10 ennemies , it was pretty funny actually :]
I'd argue that there is some real worth in Bartre since he can use bows , and in my case , gets a very fast support with Fir. But yeah otherwise all Berserkers and Warriors are like playing slot machines in this game ; but sadly , I have an addiction. Axe go speeen

I would say that's canceled out by his route's maps being harder.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So regarding Engage leaks. We have info on desert maps. Fellas, I have bad news (go on guess):

Hide contents

Quicksand terrain cuts your speed if you go in it. Leaving quicksand does not recover your speed right away.

INTSYS NOOOOOO YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO MAKE DESERT MAPS WORSE! WE WERE ON THE VERGE OF GREATNESS, WE WERE THIS CLOSE!

How is this bad news?

FB_IMG_1673804101365.jpg

Velma one of the funniest shows of all time. Not because it's actually funny but because you got conservatives complaining it's too woke and liberals claiming it's too problematic. We got something that is universally despised by everyone regardless of beliefs. Amazing.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

That was one of the options in the tera suspect test, but one, that required a majority to say that action needed to be taken about terastallization, and second, I honestly don't think that it does much of anything to solve the issues it brings about.

If you know ahead of time which Tera Types the opponent has, then this

Tera has no such constraints, other than being usable once a match.

becomes non-issue.

Tera is also why Shedinja got banned in Natdex, which is extremely telling, considering that Shedinja is generally not worth using.

Electric Shedinja Air Balloon when Haxorous with Mold Breaker

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

How is this bad news?

Going for comedic effect.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hide contents

Hmm

On one hands sounds like a pain, on the other hand can be used to create something interesting if used well.

Hopefully the latter rather than the former

Hey folks. I know it's been a minute, the last few days I went through a bit of a depressive episode but I'm all good now and I'm all ready to Edel some Gards!

ZiOTFJe.jpg

Well if you want to be technical hunting arrows and war arrows are built differently, you can usually tell by the arrowhead how the-

8HKr4Md.jpg

I didn't really use Flayn in my last playthrough...and I fear it will stay that way.

kkdiDx1.jpg

Hey! Why do they get generic units and I don't?!

l4CQVES.jpg

Jesus Christ calm down, you're only at level 15.

dNI9pkH.jpg

Can I get these two married please? Because their dynamic is endlessly more entertaining than whatever Edelgard has with Byleth.

zfeKeVX.jpg

Altair-ibn-laahad GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

WOcq8qz.jpg

Well if we're being honest...

QGkRxDr.jpg

Okay at some point it stops being funny.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Hey folks. I know it's been a minute, the last few days I went through a bit of a depressive episode but I'm all good now and I'm all ready to Edel some Gards!

Uh, good to read you're better...?

Hey! Why do they get generic units and I don't?!

Technically, you do have generic units... they're just unusable. Since the PC's are not the entirety of the classes, after all.

Can I get these two married please? Because their dynamic is endlessly more entertaining than whatever Edelgard has with Byleth.

That's what Three Hopes is for.

Have we reached that point, though.

bF5jM1V.jpg

162.png

Revolver Ocelot

But anyway, a probably silly gameplay question:

Spoiler

Is it possible to go back to the cafeteria in Juro's route after getting access to the break area? I doubt there's anything important there, but it has a story branch I haven't seen yet.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Meanwhile me: Has only ever played the Switch on handheld mode once. Promised never to do it again because the screen is tiny and hurts my shortsighted eyes.

If you have trouble reading small text, don't play Xenoblade Chronicles X.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

It’s revealed that Gouto is actually the one Iori chooses to romance on the night of the final battle.

Oh shit where’s the spoiler tag

Dang, there go my dreams of Iori becoming Rean and being able to romance every other character.

It was a long yesterday and Teehee be Teehee,

21 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

What a great set for a grass team, especially love the Whimsicott inclusion, as Prankster works well with its nasty status moves (and substitute cheese) the type is famous for. Only real poke I think I would add is one of the Decidueye

Whimsicott is a mon that deserves the love.

I was trying to avoid using them in the gym rosters, then of course I've one or two in those other teams, so Decidueye lost out. If I put one in, it'd probably be the easy Z-move pick.

19 hours ago, Sooks said:

fRbAutB.png

Immortalised with the 4-colour Lilina, Of course. 😛

19 hours ago, Armagon said:

this scene broke a Guinness World Record. William Russell reprised his role as Ian Chesterson, one of The Doctor's very first companions. As in, the original group of companions. And in doing so, broke the record for "longest gap between TV appearances as the same character".

latest.png?width=825&height=619

William-russell-ian-chesterton-doctor-wh

57 years (from the time he left the show to the time he came back, not the gap between his first appearance and his latest appearance, which is 59 years, which is even more impressive).

The record was previously held by Coronation Street actor Philip Lowrie, who reprised his role as the character "Dennis Tanner" after 43 years.

Given the nature of this type of record, Russell's gonna be holding onto this one for a long long time.

Absolutely a hard record to beat.

Is this canon? I want this to continue to be a thing.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Anyhow, I'm enjoying the enclosed spoilers-heavy "conversation" here. For me, it's like strolling through a ninja convention, and everybody ninjutsus themselves into the unseen shadows when they want to want to converse with each other, b/c ninjas.😛

Meanwhile it just makes it look like a bunch of filing cabinets I have to pass by on the way through the thread.

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

8HKr4Md.jpg

I didn't really use Flayn in my last playthrough...and I fear it will stay that way.

This is CF, this is recommended.

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

QGkRxDr.jpg

Was it ever?

Oh no, I mean shortsighted. I can't see far.

Same as eye then actually.🤓

Fair enough! Having more options is a good thing, even if some people will only use one or the other.

In support of your PC-leaning stance, you could technically connect a gaming laptop to a TV. I did it for five minutes once or twice.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So Silent Hill is in 13 Sentinels?

I was thinking Centralia blended together with geological evidence from the Oracle of Delphi. But sure, Silent Hill works.

56 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

the last few days I went through a bit of a depressive episode

Relatable. -Well, it has been quite a while since my last bout, but I totally get this as my record here shows.🙂

51 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If you have trouble reading small text, don't play Xenoblade Chronicles X.

This is a chronic problem of modern video games in general. I've seen quite a few reviews of games where it was stated the text was simply too tiny. Increasing game complexity, increasingly elaborate UIs, a desire to be forward and specific in the information given to the player, packing as much information into as few text boxes as possible, all these things have contributed to repeated affonts to the vision of humanity. And game developers keep getting away with failing to fix this problem.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Scenario 33: The Promised Gundam Fight

The Arcadia arrives, and a meeting ensues, in order to do quick intel. Like two route splits ago, there's a scene between Amasaki and Rami where you can choose to see the meeting, in order to get a summary of events from the other path. I'll take it.

So, right off the bat, we're told Domon awakened the Meikyou-Shisui while fighting against Master Asia. Or more like reawakened. And this is an in-game skill too. As well as the Sekiha Tenkyoken attack. As a consequence this inspired Van to begin focusing his mind too. This too had a tangible effect, improving his YII skill, gaining the EM Shield attack, and giving the Dann of Thursday a stat boost, which the Bronie and El Dora Soul also got. Neat. This overall led to the defeat of the Metsä of Tuesday. Though it's not all good news. Master Asia kidnapped Rain, and indeed, she's no longer in the Supporter list. They still don't know just what are Master Asia's goals, or even if he's working with the Claw. That said, someone else who does work for him popped up. Wong Yun-Fat, former Prime Minister of Hong Kong. He tried to take over the world during the 13th Gundam Fight, but Domon defeated him after he got infected with DG Cells. But surprise, not only he lived, it was the Claw who saved his life. Fighting him led the rest of the Shuffle Alliance to get over their own doubts, unlocking the Super Mode skill for each, as well as getting a new attack each (Burning Machine Gun Punch for Gundam Maxter, Shin Ryuusei Kochouken for Dragon Gundam, Rose Hurricane for Gundam Rose, and Bursting Gaia Crusher for Bolt Gundam) and one of their preexisting attacks for all getting an EN cost reduction as well (Erupting Burning Finger for Burning Gundam, Burning Punch for Gundam Maxter, Hoka Kyoten Juzetsujin for Dragon Gundam, Rose Screamer for Gundam Rose which included a Hit boost as well, and Graviton Hammer for Bolt Gundam). During that fight, Ray joined the group with his Volcain Custom. The Regulars are surprised to hear he did, but since his and Van's goals are too similar... then might as well after all. And on Hong Kong related matters, some Cowboy Bebop stuff happened too. I think. In any case, the Swordfish II gained the Acrobat Circus attack out of it.

On further news, the Irregulars also encountered Dr. Saotome, who showed up in the Shin Getter Dragon. Meant to be the supreme Getter Robo, made by combined a lot of Getter Dragons, Ligers, and Poseidons. It's quite huge, kilometers long even. Heck, in some SRW's it can function as a battleship. Anyway, it draws strength from Getter Rays all the same, and Invaders crave Getter Rays. The doctor also used DG Cells to evolve the Invaders and made Metal Beasts. Ultimately, Saotome fled using a wormhole, alongside some buddies of his, Cowen and Stinger, fellow researchers... and also infected by the Invaders. In any case, after the encounter Ryoma is now able to draw out the fill power of the Shin Getter, thus unlocking the Stoner Sunshine attack. Although, Hayato isn't quite pleased with this development, musing how he knows now what Saotome felt when it came to temper and confine Ryoma. In any case, Koji and Ryoma take this moment to depart, for there's a ten-year reunion in the making.

And indeed, what follows next is the long awaited reunion scene between Koji, Ryoma, and Amuro. Banter gratuitously ensues, heh, as the group amusingly watches. Ahahaha, Amuro and Ryoma even bring up threatening to tell Sayaka about Koji's brief fling with Maria Grace Freid! Well, her name is not outright stated as it'd mean having to license Grendizer (which would be... quite something to pull when this game uses Mazinger Infinity... but considering Grendizer Infinitisum is now a thing...), but the implication of their words is very obvious. And now Domon approaches Amuro, and offers a training session. And indeed, the Gundam Fighters and main UC Gundam pilots start duking it out, all done on-map. Amazing. It's Domon vs Amuro, Chibodee vs Kamille, George vs Judau, Argo vs Kincade (the latter mentioning Tochiro tuned up the X-1, and indeed, the X-1 Kai Kai got a stat boost), and Sai vs Tobia. Domon is impressed with Newtype mental prowess, having being taught about it by Master Asia. Soon he asks to switch with Sai, as part of a favor with Kincade to make Tobia stronger. The two begin to spar, with the group encouraging Tobia to give it his all. Priscilla muses if she should also give her all to go after Van, and Allenby tries to encourage her, but she just runs off. Allenby however is feeling bad about herself, feeling guilty to think about Domon when Rain has been kidnapped. And then of course we'd have a sudden mood breaker with a sudden appearance from Fasalina who knocks Allenby out, in order to take her to Wong.

We cut to the group after becoming aware of said fact, or at least just the kidnapping part and that the Claw was involved. And then a message for Domon arrives. It's from Wong...

Domon arrives somewhere, alone and bringing the Noble Gundam with him. As requested by Wong himself. Domon then demands for Allenby's release, as promised. Wong intends to do just that, even hand over the Noble Gundam back too. Except... it's Allenby inside the Noble Gundam... with the Berserker System activated! Domon thought the system was destroyed, but it seems the developers of the Noble Gundam wanted it reinstalled for the 14th Gundam Fight. And of course, with Allenby's current state of mind, she can't control it... again. For more or less the same reason as last time. Except Domon can tell something else must be up, and Wong explains Orphee flowers got added in too. And now the crazed Allenby is demanding a fight out of Domon. And so the fight begins...

So it's just Domon versus Allenby... this won't last long, I bet. Still... let's go...

Achievement unlocked: clean room

now what?

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

What was that about "least degen"?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, as Sooks said, it's just 1 story. So it's not Steins;Gate in that there's like 10 different endings but God forbid you miss a flag.

I mean yeah, but what I meant was that it’s just one story among 13 that you kinda can’t play nonlinearly, and if you did it would invalidate like half of them.

This 1 story however is told mostly non-linearly and by that i mean like 95% of it is pick and choose. Some prerequisites exist but only so that things can still make sense. It's handled very well when you consider it's 13 different storylines constantly intersecting.

True.

Hide contents

Shrimpy is right in that this could, in theory, work really well.

There is also a possibility that there’s a map where this is spammed everywhere and we end up with ninja hell 2.0.

FB_IMG_1673804101365.jpg

Velma one of the funniest shows of all time. Not because it's actually funny but because you got conservatives complaining it's too woke and liberals claiming it's too problematic. We got something that is universally despised by everyone regardless of beliefs. Amazing.

Wait, why are people claiming it’s problematic? The “woke” thing I get just from the one trailer I watched but…

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

But anyway, a probably silly gameplay question:

Hide contents

Is it possible to go back to the cafeteria in Juro's route after getting access to the break area? I doubt there's anything important there, but it has a story branch I haven't seen yet.

If it’s a branch you’ve missed, then yes, almost certainly.

I don’t remember this specific one though, so rip. Can you post a screenshot of your flowchart?

So, after a turn of HP threshold, not sure which, Domon tries to reach out to Allenby, to no avail. All while Wong enjoys this. Just then, Cephiran monsters shows up... but so does Tobia! In a brand new Gundam, the XB Gundam X-1 Full Cloth, made by Tochiro out of spare sparts for the X1. He takes this chance to strike at Allenby, who isn't happy Tobia is butting in. The rest of T3 arrives shortly after. Wong is confident they will lose, but Domon activates the Meikyou-Shisui, and tells him to shut up. In any case, the group wonders how can they snap Allenby out of it, and Domon resolves to do it the old fashioned way. With his fists. He is a Gundam Fighter after all. He thanks Tobia for reminding him, and so he will put everything he has into it.

So, Golems... standard by now. The objective is for Domon to defeat Allenby. Very simple, but naturally the stage won't end there. And indeed, defeating Allenby with anyone else is Game Over. So let's not do that.

Wait, what, why is Eagle back in the NSX... oh! I get it now. If the FTO is not deployed, Eagle is put on battleship duty. That's... an interesting gimmick. Still, that means he doesn't have the skills I give everyone else! Well, it's fine. I can do it after this.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Long story short, it's a nightmare to take on defensively

You know, I think the reason you and I have different problems with Tera probably comes down to the fact that I play the game wrong.

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Achievement unlocked: clean room

now what?

Okay, Allenby defeated. As Allenby demands to know why can't she be happy, Domon says it's up to her to make herself happy. To go beyond herself. This seems to do the trick, as Allenby declares she can move forward, and gains control back. Which means yes, we keep the Berserker System as an in-game mech skill. Master Asia then shows up, praising Domon for what he did, being the opposite of what the Claw is attempting. Wong, not happy with this development, finally deploys some mechs of his own. The group takes this as decisive evidence that Master Asia and the Claw are not working together after all, which Master Asia berates them for not noticing that before, pft. Domon demands to know where is Rain, but he only tells him to stop the distortion of the world, and leaves. And then Zagato's troops show up, led by Inova. Wong seems to have something to say regarding war and instead find joy as kindred spirits... as if the group would be willing to listen to him. He has joined with the Claw, so no way.

More Golems, a full squad of Leprechauns with Allen and Jeril among them, and Elemental Beast Inova in one corner. On the other, Drakuls, Blood Cradles, and Wong in the Grand Master Gundam. SR Point is to defeat Wong... in one battle. Thankfully, stuff like Support Attacks are allowed. Still, Grand Master Gundam has 20K HP. So... haaa... TacP Bonus is much simpler, Allenby must defeat two enemies. Let's go!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I do hope by "defeat in one attack" it only counts as doing damage. I put Angela within Wong's range, but had her evade. If that already disqualifies from the SR Point... well, I'll have to see for myself first.

Okay, used Daunt and Analyze on Wong. Used Smash Hit on Domon. Battle forecast says it's a Shoot Down... let's get that SR Point!

Go, Sekiha Tenkyoken and Combination VTX!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

YES, got the SR Point!

Wong is shocked, even the DG Cells in his body can't regenerate the damage fast enough, clueing the heroes he was indeed infected by DG Cells. The Grand Master Gundam blows up, seemingly taking him down with it.

Okay, SR Point gotten, TacP Bonus gotten. Time to rout!

Jeril doesn't say much of note once defeated. She comments her Aura is still flatlined after the previous events and withdraws, with Show lamenting she may be fated to repeat her fate. Allen, interestingly, considers his work here done, and ditches Zagato's army right there and then, but still hoping to fight against the party again someday.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Alrighty, time to finally do my gyms! I think the last one could be neat as a double-battle gym.

Gym 1: Pidove, Drifloon

Gym 2: Pidove, Drifloon, Wattrel

Gym 3: Tranquill, Drifloon, Wattrel, Archen

Gym 4: Tranquill, Dlifblim, Kilowattrel, Archen

Gym 5: Tranquil, Drifblim, Kilowattrel, Archen

Gym 6: Unfezant, Drifblim, Kilowattrel, Archen, Oricorio-Baile

Gym 7: Unfezant, Drifblim, Kilowattrel, Archeops, Oricorio-Baile

Gym 8: Unfezant, Drifblim, Kilowattrel, Archeops, Oricorio-Baile, Oricorio-Pa'u

If I were to add a seventh, it'd probably be a Pelipper for funny Thunder strats.

The heck, Inova has over 50K HP! Wow...

And beaten. Looks like this was his final stand, for he finally dies. But the Magic Knights know this isn't the end.

With the enemy routed, the group once again go over the fact that Master Asia and the Claw are at odds. They also recall the warning about the distortion Master Asia mentioned, which they think it's referring to the instability of the world boundary and Zagato's invasion. Just then, they receive a message from Federation HQ. Monsters have showed up on every major city of the planet! It can't be postponed any more. The time to take down Zagato has come...

With everyone back on board, Eagle comments how the intel they had didn't showed that Cephiro had enough monsters for a worldwide attack. So their numbers may have indeed increased due to the fall of the boundary. The Federation forces are engaging them, but the monsters don't distinguish between them and civilians. The longer this drags out, the more destruction will ensue. And all this time, Neo Zeon simply watches from space. This moment would be a good time for them to launch an invasion as well. Thankfully, Eagle, with the Magic Knights' help, has been able to sense the flow of magic pouring into Earth from Cephiro. The flow has become clearer as the boundary grows more unstable. However, this mean it's easier to trace it as its source. Which is very likely to be from Zagato, and ergo, Princess Emeraude's location. And the location of said boundary is... in Antarctica. Thus T3 sets forth. Though as it is, Eagle ponders. Defeating Zagato and rescuing Princess Emeraude has to happen to save Autozam. If other worlds have to fall into ruin in order to do it...

And the stage ends.

Oh man oh man oh man... this next part is coming... ah...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Scenario 34: Day of Demise

Well... this is it. The Season 1 Finale of Rayearth. Playable.

... do I have to do this?

*sigh* Guess I have to.

So, scenario begins with Zagato talking with the Northern Sage. The latter explains how his calculations say that, should the distortion continue, then Upper Earth, Byston Well, and Cephiro will all collapse. Zagato muses it's because Princess Emeraude's power has weakened, sending all three out of balance. The Sage asks him if he's feeling regret. He tried to conquer Upper Earth so the Cephirans could move into, but he has not made much headway there either. So his atonement has ended in failure. Zagato muses that too must've been foreordained. As it stands, the Sage doesn't mind either way, so he'll just pray for blessings to be upon them both. The transmission then ends. Rabaan doesn't think it was an appropriate choice of word, coming from him. He comments how the Sage prays for world destruction, yet Zagato has joined him. Zagato says both are willing to take drastic measures. Rabaan wonders just from where is he communicating, but Zagato thinks it's moot to know at this point. He then asks Rabaan if he does not care the world will be destroyed. He seems not to, just saying he'll simply reincarnate again. Still, before that happens, he wants to strike down Show and Shion personally. Thus Zagato leaves the frontline to him, for he still has to prepare his meeting with the Magic Knights.

Which includes visiting Princess Emeraude, apparently. She implores him to stop, for nothing can be done about Cephiro's rules. Zagato is aware, he was the one who aided her in her prayers as the Pillar after all. He knows better than anyone. Still, he will still destroy the Magic Knights, no matter the consequences. He laments he can only make the princess cry, as he yearns for her to smile. But he will put an end to the Legend of the Magic Knights.

T3 has reached Antarctica... where Zagato's floating castle has... uh, either materialized over or the boundaries are such they crossed back into Cephiro. Anyway, Princess Emeraude reaches out to the Magic Knights telepathically. She implores them to grant her her wish and save Cephiro. Aura Battlers then deployed, with Rabaan at the helm. Show tries to get him to understand if this continues, it'd be the end of all the worlds. But Rabaan won't budge. He will do as his soul dictate, which is to slay him and Shion. Thus, the group has no choice but to power through!

Thus, the stage... begins.

FB_IMG_1673804101365.jpg

Its kinda funny, as some of the writing would probably appeal to the anti-woke crowd, if they could just get over her skin color...

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oof. I am glad that time of misery has passed for you. This is kinda random, but I thought about sharing a video in your direction yesterday while you were away, not sure if it is exactly your thing, but was an interesting listen, and is not getting the views it deserves.

ZiOTFJe.jpg

Well if you want to be technical hunting arrows and war arrows are built differently, you can usually tell by the arrowhead how the-

Kinda, the heads you use for hunting work just fine against unarmored foes, and some of the heads for larger game see application for horse killing in times of war. Sure there are arrow heads used only in war to better pierce armor, but the bigger difference IMO is that war arrows are produced quickly, and very intentionally not designed to last. For instance you don't bother to serve the fletching on a war arrow, you don't have to bother with marking the shaft (to legally hunt with arrows back in ye olde times you marked the shaft of arrows with a family, or personal mark, usually simply painted on so that poachers can be identified, and if you are going out without marked arrows, you would be legally considered a poacher anyway...). Finally you wouldn't bother to glue on the head of a war arrow, which has the dual purpose of making them cheaper, and faster to make, but also makes it more difficult to heal. The natural instinct with an arrow partially embedded in you flesh is to simply pull it out, if the head isn't well attached to the shaft that would leave the metal head in the wound, and require frequently fatal surgeries to remove them, so instead the proper way to deal with a war arrow wound is to push the arrow the rest of the way until the head pops out the other end, and break of the shaft to remove both sides with leaving things in the wounds. Admittedly a common practice when archers lined up for war was to plant the arrows in the field in front of them, which often left the heads filthy enough to cause frequent infections, and the glues used on arrows (even war arrows bothered to glue the fletching on) were know to be poisonous. In fact during the Hundred Years war the French would levee charges against the English's use of poison in the creation of arrows with the Pope, although I don't think much came of these ancient charges of war crimes.

That is a low bar to pass given how little chemistry there is between a real character, and a brick wall...

43 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, why are people claiming it’s problematic? The “woke” thing I get just from the one trailer I watched but…

Odd as this sounds, I have seen a few clips from it with Velma repeating some anti-woke talking points in an extremely cringey way...

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Alrighty, time to finally do my gyms! I think the last one could be neat as a double-battle gym.

Gym 1: Pidove, Drifloon

Gym 2: Pidove, Drifloon, Wattrel

Gym 3: Tranquill, Drifloon, Wattrel, Archen

Gym 4: Tranquill, Dlifblim, Kilowattrel, Archen

Gym 5: Tranquil, Drifblim, Kilowattrel, Archen

Gym 6: Unfezant, Drifblim, Kilowattrel, Archen, Oricorio-Baile

Gym 7: Unfezant, Drifblim, Kilowattrel, Archeops, Oricorio-Baile

Gym 8: Unfezant, Drifblim, Kilowattrel, Archeops, Oricorio-Baile, Oricorio-Pa'u

Ah another Gym with consistent evolution lines, a classic. I respect that you stuck with mostly bird like pokemon throughout, as flying is such a common secondary typing that you could have gone a bit crazy with it, and personally, I probably would have if I were making the team. Also the double Oricorio is an interesting choice in there. Personally I would have had a lot of technically flying types, but its isn't really their thing with the likes of Gyrados, Skiploom, Gliscor, and Slamance, and maybe even the bird-like Hawlucha at some point, but I am going by such a different design philosophy with the team that it is really hard to compare

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

If I were to add a seventh, it'd probably be a Pelipper for funny Thunder strats.

It also makes Hurricane 100% accurate as well, which seems more relevant for a flying team. Its funny how this is a completely different, and interesting direction you could take with a flying gym team, completely different from the direction you took, or the direction I implied above...