Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I WANNA SEE MYTHRA'S KID AS WELL

come on monolith

Spoiler

Willing to get it's whoever Cassini was tho.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Willing to get it's whoever Cassini was tho.

Spoiler

What makes it even more interesting is that Z apparently manifested right as the worlds collided.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

We haven't seen much of the next Toho Godzilla film yet either, despite that releasing in a few months...

I expect trailer in July.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

krusu.png.webp

A fellow Nerd

How did Tao Atelier end up there?

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ain't Ys x artist the same one as Atelier Dusk's? 

That doesn't look like Hidari's artstyle (also Tao is from Secret/Ryza).

Certified Ilya classic, and she does it twice!
8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, and? A metric fuckton of men go bald, whatever the reason be. You don't see that many with hair like Lindon's at those ages. It's not super rare, but not that common.

Feels good that my father is 72 and has a longer hair with no signal of balding

The Xenoblade family tree

Spoiler

FuHVKbhagAEOtLz?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Some of the connections are ? like i seriously doubt Ethel is at all related to A but this is still a pretty interesting tree.

Gigachad at the center of it all.

855706b65cd2015d2debc89beaab82f3.jpg

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/04/archivists-rescan-ken-sugimoris-pokemon-artwork-and-the-difference-is-incredible

🤔

To think the West has known poor copies of the artwork, thinking it the real deal, for more than 20 years. For Pokemon, no obscure franchise. Wouldn't have happened had the Internet not been in its relative infancy, and had it not been the case that the Game Boy Color was a system too weak to truly replicate the official artwork within the game itself.

I'm quite used to the mistaken colors, having grown up with it. Later, I thought it simply the case that when Gen 3 arrived, Sugimori's art style had evolved into something less faded, artists can undergo significant style shifts (to stick to video games, Kazuma Kaneko comes to mind, SMT I&II had his "old style" for character/demon designs and Devil Summoner was where his more internationally-famed "new style" was born). I liked the Gen 3 and beyond look, but I appreciated the contrast of the Sugimori's older aesthetic. It befitted an era where Pocket Monsters were generally more monstrous and less cute, and a different vibe overall existed when it came to Japanese video games and their art. 

-I was wrong I've learned tonight. I accept that. Ignorance wasn't so bad, but I won't hurl death threats at the guy posting these new, more accurate scans.

Almost befitting this is happening the same month Nintendo puts Pokemon Stadium on NSO, the game whose visuals were once astoundingly magnificent, but now feel so jarring.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Do they at least house the Fire Crystal?

Did, an evil tree stole it.

I mean, Egypt did worship the sun, Square for their use of it picked a name with a proper elemental association.

Future Redeemed

Spoiler

FuHiNo-aMAITPOX?format=jpg&name=large

Is she where i think she is

FuH2AFDXoAE7vra?format=jpg&name=small

even if that isn't the church itself, like.....that's a normal building in the first shot. If A really is in Elysium....but hold up, Elysium was destroyed in the end.

Anyways in BotW news, I have taken back control of two of the Divine Beasts and have obtained the Master Sword. In my first run, i didn't get the Master Sword until after i had done all the Beasts.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/04/archivists-rescan-ken-sugimoris-pokemon-artwork-and-the-difference-is-incredible

🤔

To think the West has known poor copies of the artwork, thinking it the real deal, for more than 20 years.

Everyone who was doing accurate Ken Sugimori replicas is in shambles.

I just rewatched The Lion King (1994) and while I still think it's good, I believe it's pretty overrated. The film is less than 90 minutes and 40 minutes is just the first act, making the rest of the film very rushed. The film has virtually no second act, relying on two musical montages to express the passage of time and character development, which makes it underwhelming. Well, onto The Lion King II: Simba's Pride now.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

🤔

To think the West has known poor copies of the artwork, thinking it the real deal, for more than 20 years. For Pokemon, no obscure franchise. Wouldn't have happened had the Internet not been in its relative infancy, and had it not been the case that the Game Boy Color was a system too weak to truly replicate the official artwork within the game itself.

I'm quite used to the mistaken colors, having grown up with it. Later, I thought it simply the case that when Gen 3 arrived, Sugimori's art style had evolved into something less faded, artists can undergo significant style shifts (to stick to video games, Kazuma Kaneko comes to mind, SMT I&II had his "old style" for character/demon designs and Devil Summoner was where his more internationally-famed "new style" was born). I liked the Gen 3 and beyond look, but I appreciated the contrast of the Sugimori's older aesthetic. It befitted an era where Pocket Monsters were generally more monstrous and less cute, and a different vibe overall existed when it came to Japanese video games and their art.

My life is a lie

Fun fact: Lindon's voice actor is best known for his role as Lindon.

He is also least known for his role as Lindon, because that is his only known role. They seemingly grabbed a complete newcomer for this vital, always-recruited, fan-favorite character.

Coulda fooled me, he really sold the "wacky grandpa" energy. I wonder what happened there, though. Playable character in a mainline Fire Emblem is a pretty impressive first role to have. Has it happened before in this series?

6 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Feels good that my father is 72 and has a longer hair with no signal of balding

Bastard, my fate is sealed.

7 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Certified Ilya classic

best girl fr fr

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

The Xenoblade family tree

Reveal hidden contents

FuHVKbhagAEOtLz?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Some of the connections are ? like i seriously doubt Ethel is at all related to A but this is still a pretty interesting tree.

Gigachad at the center of it all.

Hmm

Spoiler

descendants of the founders getting into the 10 year cycle doesn't make much sense tho does it

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Future Redeemed

Spoiler

Huh

Something fishy is going on

AHAHAHAHAHA

In one of Lindon's wake up events, Lindon literally bombs God in their sleep.

I wish I could say it makes some manner of sense in context, but the guy pretty much just randomly decides to bring a bottle of nitroglycerine to Alear's room to show it to them for no reason. Then he drops it.

Marvelous. This is almost making me sad I never bothered to go through the loading screen require to engage with this dumbass mechanic.

Seriously watch this shit, every part of it's fucking hilarious.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Everyone who was doing accurate Ken Sugimori replicas is in shambles.

Reminds me of this now that I think about it.:

p05vg18n.jpg

Left- what we've long thought ancient Greco-Roman sculptures looked like. Right- what they actually did as revealed through modern scientific microscopic analysis.

Michelangelo must've been turning in his grave. His Pieta is truly pitiful now.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Anyways in BotW news, I have taken back control of two of the Divine Beasts and have obtained the Master Sword. In my first run, i didn't get the Master Sword until after i had done all the Beasts.

For both my runs I got the Master Sword before going after a single Divine Beast. ...Although I never did them on my first run, and I lost interest in my second run before getting around to them.

Similar to you, I did mostly ignore the towers on my second file. I think my logic was that having the map revealed made me see the world as the map, and not appreciate the world in itself. Eyes looking down at the slate and triangulating from empty spaces where shrines might be hiding, eyes not looking straight up at the pretty world I should be intuitively exploring.

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hmm

Reveal hidden contents

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminds me of this now that I think about it.:

p05vg18n.jpg

Left- what we've long thought ancient Greco-Roman sculptures looked like. Right- what they actually did as revealed through modern scientific microscopic analysis.

Michelangelo must've been turning in his grave. His Pieta is truly pitiful now.

It's crazy to think it took us that long to figure out when it's a semi-known fact that the Statue of Liberty was originally bronze.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Similar to you, I did mostly ignore the towers on my second file. I think my logic was that having the map revealed made me see the world as the map, and not appreciate the world in itself. Eyes looking down at the slate and triangulating from empty spaces where shrines might be hiding, eyes not looking straight up at the pretty world I should be intuitively exploring.

Yeah like playing without a map is showing me just how well crafted this world actually is. I didn't give it enough credit on my first run. Hell, i'm finding Shrines i didn't know existed back then.

Seriously considering not mapping out Tears of the Kingdom either tbh. Maybe idk. 

59 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Honestly, seems like Future Redeemed might fit the "ties xbc1/2" marketing they did much more, as main game was super lacking in that regard

The way things are going tho, it was probably necessary to have main game the way it was. Everything we've seen so far of Future Redeemed relies a ton on main game context. Torna wasn't like this.