Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

37 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

lh5503ulm9cb1.jpg?auto=webp&s=fbebab5cc5

Mommy's boy

Don't let this distract you from the fact that you are friend shrimp.

Also who's the creepshow on the corner

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But then it's the weekends and everything is closed.

That's one of the things that's like 50/50 in terms of how good it is. In the US, people work on weekends. That sucks for the work/life balance but it is admittedly good for the consumer. In Europe, people don't work on weekends but then that means if you forgot some groceries and it's Saturday, you gotta wait.

Yeah, that can be a bit annoying.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well there's nature everywhere obviously but the national park system is not as robust.

I guess. Can't say I know all too well how national parks work in the US.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Still a better work/life balance than US.

It's funny, US does have generally higher wages but the higher wages don't pay for shit. George Bush once told a single mother of three "wow you're working three jobs. That's uniquely American isn't it" like yes Bush, that is uniquely American, because that's basically unheard of in other first world countries. Hell I bet third world countries it's unheard of too. 

Ah yes, truly something to be proud of.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like surely at least Spain and Portugal, given it's proximity to Africa. Ruben does say he didn't seem to have an issue with it.

To be fair, looking into it, I believe we might have AC here, with some restrictions. I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. This isn't something I've ever thought about.

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

We will defeat them

with the power of friendshrimp!

Perfect typo, I guess.

Friend_Shrimpy69º

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

We will defeat them

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Perfect typo, I guess.

Friend_Shrimpy69º

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

We will defeat them

Little did Ruben know, this is an XC2 quote from Rex. Well... mostly. XD

32 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Don't complain if i find an appropiate Pfp and sig to go with that name, ok?

Don't complain if I Palpatinepost

32 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Little did Ruben know, this is an XC2 quote from Rex. Well... mostly. XD

I mean, I'm pretty sure it's a generic enough line that multiple characters have said it in the history of fiction lol

Still, thanks for letting me know. Tell Shrimpy for me that if he must Xenopost to me, he should give me Morag quotes, at least.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Can't say I know all too well how national parks work in the US.

We simply have a lot of them, they are way bigger and because of the US's varying geography, there's way more variety. They are also generally removed from civilization, undeveloped land save for the ranger outposts. From my understanding, certain national parks in Europe allow people to live in them, on account that they were there first.

If you got the time and you love nature, you can experience pretty much every type of wilderness within a single country (getting to Alaska and Hawaii is trickier obviously). Can't really get that in Europe, Spain's national parks are gonna be way different from Denmark's, which would be way different than Italy's, etc.

Edited by Armagon

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- Another quick Celceta question- I'm in what's obviously the final dungeon (I can feel it, because I'm not hyped, I'm actually struggling to get myself to finish the game, that's strangely normal for me). Map completion is at 99.4%, is that normal, or did I somehow miss the last .6%?

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's way too fucking hot

i am more like melting in this heat

If its any consolation lately I been puttin down Gatorade by the quart at work

You start sweatin it out right quick once you climb up into a trailer where its 120 degrees and start unloadin stuff

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Understandable. Perhaps try Sun God's Wrath next and see how far Blademaster came with the years!

Ch 4 of Corrupt Theocracy got this lv 8 enemy paladin and sniper with silver weapons and these two together will wipe out the greenies quick

I figured Id get em at a choke point to try and kill the numbers advantage and it woulda worked except for one thing. I blocked the sniper against the river with a paladin and cavalier figuring it would neutralize him for the moment while I deal with the other asshole, and next thing I knew the sniper’s on the other side next turn. Im like WTF is this?? 🧐

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Requiem is another classic. First chapter being tough was a common complaint back kn the day. It has a very good story, but the gameplay hasn't aged as well....

This one was obviously better done than CT, but my god that prologue chapter... 😳

I had less trouble with 11A and 21 from FE6

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- Another quick Celceta question- I'm in what's obviously the final dungeon (I can feel it, because I'm not hyped, I'm actually struggling to get myself to finish the game, that's strangely normal for me). Map completion is at 99.4%, is that normal, or did I somehow miss the last .6%?

i don't remember exactly, but i remember runing around alot on the map (not the final dungeon) for the last 0.3% lol

Before the final boss you should have the 100% yeah

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We simply have a lot of them, they are way bigger and because of the US's varying geography, there's way more variety. They are also generally removed from civilization, undeveloped land save for the ranger outposts. From my understanding, certain national parks in Europe allow people to live in them, on account that they were there first.

If you got the time and you love nature, you can experience pretty much every type of wilderness within a single country (getting to Alaska and Hawaii is trickier obviously). Can't really get that in Europe, Spain's national parks are gonna be way different from Denmark's, which would be way different than Italy's, etc.

I'd say that's primarily because the US is a large country. You'd probably have to cover the same distance to get this variety as in Europe, with the advantage that it's technically not travelling to a different country.

35 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

This one was obviously better done than CT, but my god that prologue chapter... 😳

I had less trouble with 11A and 21 from FE6

Don't worry, it gets better afterwards.

35 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

i don't remember exactly, but i remember runing around alot on the map (not the final dungeon) for the last 0.3% lol

...I might not bother going for it then. The last thing I need is to pettily prolong the game when I already just want it done.😅

Although I've been suspecting the final relic is yet again that Extra Gauge-boosting thing, and that it's the 100% map completion reward. That annoys me.😆

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although I've been suspecting the final relic is yet again that Extra Gauge-boosting thing, and that it's the 100% map completion reward. That annoys me.😆

yup

And nice dialogue from Griselda iirc

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And nice dialogue from Griselda iirc

She's a nice lady. I was expecting more from her than the game has actually allotted. Maaaaaybe in some distant day when Falcom decides "Time for Adol's Super-Epic Trip to Romn", although considering IX was criticized for being too urban without enough adventurous landscapes, I'm not sure if anyone would want a game in the imperial capital.  The next book in Adol's story would then skip ahead six years or so to his time in the distant land of Wa, to make a clean break from the Romun stuff.

NG+ does some funny things in Triangle Strategy. The bulk of the playable army is tertiary characters without much plot impact, but then there's...

Spoiler

Roland: "Ser Maxwell... You, too, abandon me now?"

Maxwell, just chilling in the barracks with his spear: "I hope they serve dinner soon."

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

NG+ does some funny things in Triangle Strategy. The bulk of the playable army is tertiary characters without much plot impact, but then there's...

Hide contents

Roland: "Ser Maxwell... You, too, abandon me now?"

Maxwell, just chilling in the barracks with his spear: "I hope they serve dinner soon."

Spoiler

Asking about... dinner, you say?

@GuardianSing A video randomly appearing on my recommended list that I thought might interest you despite the rather eurocentric premise (why yes, the world would be quite different for Native Americans if they had never existed to begin with...). But it's an interesting thought experiment how much the economic devolopment in Europe would've been stinted if there hadn't been anybody to exploit in the Americas, as a visualisation of how much "western civilisation" is built upon that exploitation. It also never really occured to me that without maize, tomatoes, and potatoes already being cultivated when the Spaniards arrived, the entire population explosion in Europe might have never happened, or only with a great delay (with the invention of artificial fertilisers).

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Asking about... dinner, you say?

Spoiler

Dinner, you want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough hunger.

The virgin Rayquaza vs the Chad Giratina

20 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

>onigiri

>jelly donut

LMAO

https://feuniverse.us/uploads/default/original/3X/d/b/db36e3939fd209f0ace096ec9d0e0444a1ae937e.png

20 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

exactly what i had in mind.

https://nuzlocke.app/guides