Believe me it's not

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

F, I hope you’re doing well

I am not. Still, thanks

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

nothing to do with Spanishness but I like the song

Counterarguement:

On 8/4/2023 at 9:42 PM, Lightchao42 said:

I ended up winning on my first try. It took some skill and luck but she was easier than Gaius and [REDACTED].

Is redacted

Spoiler

Renne?

Ash is also hard.

On 8/4/2023 at 9:42 PM, Lightchao42 said:

What, New Sakura Wars?

No, the last CS platinum trophy. I bought Sakura Wars last year or so, but only recently I finished it. Currently playing AC4.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I still need to bring this into the 20th century. One day... one day...

Is there a "de Cantabria" dynasty in the game or did you edit it? Nice coat of arms if you edited it.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

@Newtype06 you still on board, right?

Yep. Also, join Gnip, Ruben and me and play Dragon Age: Origins. It's 70% off rn.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/47810/Dragon_Age_Origins__Ultimate_Edition/

dragon-age-origins-file-50587dea.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Presumably the game was designed around fast travel.

The Depths maybe but i doubt it as a whole. Cause, you know, you can fly. You can only reach certain places by flying.

Oh he said it.

Stone Kino Temple.

I think I can agree but I don’t really remember the totk wind temple music.

Stormwind Ark (i'm not calling it the Wind Temple, i'm glad the game gave the dungeons a secondary name cause honestly, a pet peeve of mine is when dungeons are just called "___ Temple" if it's used more than once. It's just kinda lame, at least give the preceding word a cool name. Forest Temple is meh, something like Woodfall Temple at least is more creative, anyways where was i, oh right) debatably has two dungeon themes. One when you're doing the God-tier ascend into it and the other when you're actually in the dungeon itself. The dungeon themes are dynamic, they become more "complete" as you progress the dungeon, a trend started by Lorule Castle

nothing to do with Spanishness but I like the song

When Twilight Princess finally got good.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On the subject, Ace Combat does have an equivalent for Spain.

35-sapin.jpg

Sapin. Yeah, that's its name.

Ys 🤝 Ace Combat

Taking Spain's name and just rearranging the letters.

.......wait IS THAT A COUNTRY CALLED FUCKING RATIO?

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

20181127015735_1.jpg
20181127034502_1.jpg
20181122011222_1.jpg
20181128013117_1.jpg
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG

I feel like i've seen this game somewhere before.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

20181128013117_1.jpg

I didn't knew Nera Briscoletti was in this game.

9 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:
Is there a "de Cantabria" dynasty in the game or did you edit it? Nice coat of arms if you edited it.

There is. The King in the 769 AD startdate is Aurelio of Asturias.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurelius_of_Asturias

I kept the dynasty ruling for the entire game period, as it should be.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ys 🤝 Ace Combat

Taking Spain's name and just rearranging the letters.

.......wait IS THAT A COUNTRY CALLED FUCKING RATIO?

Eeyup.

This is the world of Ace Combat.

Strangereal World. by StriderPhantom on DeviantArt

Welcome to Strangereal.

Nintendo remake the game with real controls i beg you.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Strangereal World. by StriderPhantom on DeviantArt

Welcome to Strangereal.

>Antarctia

bro they really just typo'd Antartica. Just like Ys typo'ing Africa by calling it "Afroca".

I likw how the maps sorta resemble those of ours but then they just added a new continent anyways (is it supposed to be Australia?)

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Believe me it's not

But logic is cool

I am not. Still, thanks

Relatable and only makes my hope increase

Counterarguement:

Oh we’re switching series

anyway that’s not depression so I win

24 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ROAR!

20181125015538_1.jpg

ANCHOR GEAR!

This is HEAVY Get Over The Barrier vibes.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Depths maybe but i doubt it as a whole. Cause, you know, you can fly. You can only reach certain places by flying.

Wait, seriously? Like sky islands? Cause there is this one set idk how to reach…

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Stormwind Ark (i'm not calling it the Wind Temple, i'm glad the game gave the dungeons a secondary name cause honestly, a pet peeve of mine is when dungeons are just called "___ Temple" if it's used more than once. It's just kinda lame, at least give the preceding word a cool name. Forest Temple is meh, something like Woodfall Temple at least is more creative, anyways where was i, oh right) debatably has two dungeon themes. One when you're doing the God-tier ascend into it and the other when you're actually in the dungeon itself. The dungeon themes are dynamic, they become more "complete" as you progress the dungeon

Hmmm, I’ll give it a listen.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

>Antarctia

bro they really just typo'd Antartica. Just like Ys typo'ing Africa by calling it "Afroca".

I likw how the maps sorta resemble those of ours but then they just added a new continent anyways (is it supposed to be Australia?)

Yeah, it's called Strangereal for a reason. It's meant to be an AU Earth, with enough stuff to recognize it... and then some things just flat out different.

Hm? Which one? Usea or Anea (the top-left one)?

Fun fact, this issn't the first version of Strangereal. It's from Ace Combat 5 onwards, but before that, Strangereal looked like this:

AC04 Strangereal Map | Fandom

Usea got a big upgrade, that's for sure. lol

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, seriously? Like sky islands? Cause there is this one set idk how to reach…

Yep. A lot of them you could get there from the ground through the Skyview Towers and then paragliding but there's whole sets where you need to build something to help you get there. Hell, even with the islands you can reach through the Skyview Towers, there's still parts that you can't get to without a flying craft. 

This includes the Great Sky Islands, which you'll want to go back to later.

Although there's two specific ones with waterfalls that lead to/close to it. You'll need the Zora Armor to use that method tho, which you don't have yet.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? Which one? Usea or Anea (the top-left one)?

Usea.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

but before that, Strangereal looked like this:

Oh they nuked Africa.

Oh and Usea just drifted to the other side it seems.

Edited by Armagon

I like how this song popped off so hard, they put it in the OST but not in the actual game, and didn't give it an actual name.

They should do the same with TotK, i need the definitive version instead of the one where the SFX is edited out (pretty well actually) but you can just faintly hear them sometimes

Oh wait, I remember the approaching Stormwind Ark music. The dive through the storm music is great. But all of phase 3 and on is great

Damn, the storm wind ark has a lot of phases. And the early themes aren’t that good, which makes sense why I don’t remember the music because those would have been the ones that played for the longest. I think the approach and sky dive has better music tbh.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yep. A lot of them you could get there from the ground through the Skyview Towers and then paragliding but there's whole sets where you need to build something to help you get there. Hell, even with the islands you can reach through the Skyview Towers, there's still parts that you can't get to without a flying craft.

I’ve literally just been using skyview towers.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This includes the Great Sky Islands, which you'll want to go back to later.

Yeah but you can fast travel back there.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

And the early themes aren’t that good, which makes sense why I don’t remember the music because those would have been the ones that played for the longest.

Tbf the song is also "incomplete" in those early phases.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Yeah but you can fast travel back there.

I mean.....yes. But it's not as fun when the SPIDER-MAN CAN COME OUT TO PLAY

FwxN_IPacAAMNYw?format=jpg&name=large

(this is an old screenshot)

Just now, Armagon said:

Usea.

Not quite. It's not meant to be analogue to anything... I think. Erusia has some French flair, and lots of Spanish places abound (San Salvacion, Los Canas, Sierraplata, Roca Roja, etc.), and eastern-northeastern Usea has some Nordic flair too I think, so... nah, just its own thing.

Some places are indeed analogues. Anea is meant to be Scandinavia, despite the physical one still being there on that map. Osea is the USA. Yuktobania is the URSS. Belka is Germany. Sapin is Spain. Leasath and Aurelia (and the other unnamed countries there) are South America. Etc.

Just now, Armagon said:

Oh they nuked Africa.

Oh and Usea just drifted to the other side it seems.

It's fascinating, really.

The first four Ace Combat games take place in Usea, and we only ever saw Usea, never the rest of the world. But that world map was in one of Ace Combat 04's promotional images, finally letting us see the entire world.

But then, Ace Combat 5 was the first game to take place out of Usea, and its conflict was on a grander scale (Osea vs Yuktobania... sounds familiar in light of the above?), so it needed to show the entire world. And it seems they took that chance to give Strangereal a little makeover for that. But it's clear they already it in mind, since the old map already has Anea, as well as Leasath-Aurelia, and Osea even if it has a different shape. Curiously the region with Belkan, Sapin, etc. didn't exist yet, considering things.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's not really how it worked though, right?

Nope, its 5 hit/avo per star. But the translators seemed to think it was to affect number of bonds. 

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Los Canas

This sounded grammatically incorrect to me but then I thought about it as a family name and yeah it works. But only as a family name, you would say "las canas" otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Osea vs Yuktobania... sounds familiar in light of the above?

Ah yes, the hot war.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbf the song is also "incomplete" in those early phases.

Yeah, I guess I’ll keep an ear out for building dungeon themes.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean.....yes. But it's not as fun when the SPIDER-MAN CAN COME OUT TO PLAY

FwxN_IPacAAMNYw?format=jpg&name=large

I would have never thought of this specific device.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This sounded grammatically incorrect to me but then I thought about it as a family name and yeah it works. But only as a family name, you would say "las canas" otherwise.

Yeah. Still, canas, really? Then again, Sapin's capital is Gran Rugido.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah yes, the hot war.

Funnily enough, they did had a Cold War era as well.

You see, one big difference about Strangereal is that nuclear weapons are... kinda rare. They do exist, but the first time they were ever used was... well...

Watch them both for the full effect.

So yeah, after that happened, the entire world went "NOPE". Thus, no nuclear weapons proliferation in Strangereal.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I would have never thought of this specific device.

There is an alternative, the hoverbike. It's more optimal but harder to get the balance right. Goblin Glider is easier to make.

It is nothing compared to shit like this

or this

or this

finally, Spirit Tracks 2.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So yeah, after that happened, the entire world went "NOPE". Thus, no nuclear weapons proliferation in Strangereal.

This is the most unrealistic part of Ace Combat.

Anyways, i like how the end of the mission captured the dread and confusion after a nuke was set off.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

This is the most unrealistic part of Ace Combat.

Anyways, i like how the end of the mission captured the dread and confusion after a nuke was set off.

To be fair, nukes would get in the way of giving us full-length wars, specially between superpowers, since MAD would just be invoked. So whenever nukes become relevant, it's to stop their launch or acquisition or the like. But never actually used.

Also being fair, I guess it's also the psyche of it. Using nukes as an offensive weapon is one thing. Using them as a defensive weapon, on their own soil, to create a radioactive "wall" to stop the attacking forces... it's a whole different picture. The videos don't show it, but each nuke was launched at a city as well. 12K dead seems low, but it's likely they ordered the people to evacuate before that happened... I'd hope...

Also also also... it's a Japanese series, so being anti-nuke is... well, to be expected.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There is an alternative, the hoverbike. It's more optimal but harder to get the balance right. Goblin Glider is easier to make.

You could just make the standard fan plane and add a steering stick.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It is nothing compared to shit like this

or this

or this

finally, Spirit Tracks 2.

Jesus, this game is peak.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You could just make the standard fan plane and add a steering stick.

Problem with the planes is that they disappear after a minute. Useful for short-distance transportation (carrying Shrine crystals and maybe Koroks) but not for long-distance.