• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Kondo: First of all, I would like to thank you all so much for your support. Ys X was a milestone for us, and it was an adventure for us as well. We had to reevaluate everything we had done up to this point and wondered if it would be appropriate to do so.

After Celceta, we have been trying to create new experiences for everyone, along with Adol, so we will be sure to include elements unique to each title in our game production.

We finally started discussing the next title yesterday*, and we are beginning to think that the next one will be exciting for everyone, so we will probably take a little more time, but we hope you will join us for Adol’s next adventure.

*Note: Interview conducted on November 28th, 2023.

Ys 11/5 Remake is GO!

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Big industry leak

>Sony considering rasing game prices to $80-$100 in 2027

Sony.....bro.......what might you be doing?

Methinks someone is overeager now that $70 is becoming a success.

We'll get by ...as long they don't take our sales away.🤑

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Big industry leak

>Sony considering rasing game prices to $80-$100 in 2027

Sony.....bro.......what might you be doing?

I wish I'd been wrong about this. I truly do.

14 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Sadly there are only 19 Vestaria Saga Gaiden entries on that blog. Which isn't quite as impressive as the 159 for VS1.

Boo, booooooooo superior game not getting its dues.

vs-cs001.png

Okay this looks really good though.

Sail bros.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Imagine, there'll be a point where 60$ is the sale.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Time to convert to indie-ism then!😉 Those can't afford to price gouge, since it's hard enough to find buyers. -Not a problem for you as it would be for me.

That, and keeping current really isn't all that important, ain't it? Just wait for steeper drops.

This Genshin shit is serious bruh. This isn't even the first time I've heard of Genshin fans going full Chernobyl at the mere sight of a straight ship.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Among the stuff was budget leaks. I'll go into releases games but Insomniac's latest Ratchet and Clank, a game that was pushed as a PS5 system seller, bombed. Sold 2 million copies, which is nothing to sneeze at, but it still didn't meet back it's budget.

The Western game industry is facing the same problem as Hollywood. Massively inflated budgets and not enough of a return. In light of this, Nintendo's decision to never go full next gen might actually be paying off more than we thought.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Black Friday moment.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Time to convert to indie-ism then!😉 Those can't afford to price gouge, since it's hard enough to find buyers. -Not a problem for you as it would be for me.

That, and keeping current really isn't all that important, ain't it? Just wait for steeper drops.

Yeah indies tend to get priced depending on the perceived value of the game by its creators, or how much they feel they could get away with before people write them off for being greedy. They don't follow so strict an industry standard that keeps going up for no other reason than people's reaction to a raise is "it's only 10 more bucks, the game deserves it" which inevitably results in "70 is the industry standard, every other game does it" which later leads to "80 is only 10 more bucks, the game deserves it."

...Yeesh...

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

You could buy so many Vestaria Sagas for that money.

Exactly three. Never more, because I don't know if it's Kaga or Dangen but someone's being very silly and refusing to put either game on sale.

Just now, Armagon said:

In light of this, Nintendo's decision to never go full next gen might actually be paying off more than we thought.

And yet it still decided to sell a game with recycled assets for 10 more bucks for no other reason than pure, unabashed greed lololololololol sort of /j

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Exactly three. Never more, because I don't know if it's Kaga or Dangen but someone's being very silly and refusing to put either game on sale.

At the current price it's practically like stealing anyway.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This Genshin shit is serious bruh. This isn't even the first time I've heard of Genshin fans going full Chernobyl at the mere sight of a straight ship.

I have scrolled past plenty of Genshin yaoi. -No surprise, BIG game. Even when the majority of its characters (or at the very least prominent ones) are female, it seems the merry men will find guys to fawn over and ship together.

Ofc, I severely doubt there'll be anything officially queer in any major Chinese gatcha. China might not be as openly anti-queer as Russia or perhaps Africa. But, at the end of the day, the CCP would want nothing more than the entire population to obey traditional Chinese Marx-Maoist values with the spin of whoever the current leader is. Variations of gender and sexuality are deviancy = bad. I know China has carried out a crackdown on males real and fictional alike looking too pretty/feminine, just as they have on women dressed too skimpy.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And yet it still decided to sell a game with recycled assets for 10 more bucks for no other reason than pure, unabashed greed lololololololol sort of /j

You joke but this is what Activision did with the latest Call of Duty. You literally needed Modern Warfare 2 (the remake) to even access Modern Warfare 3, at least at the beginning (it seems they went back on it but you can find the news articles).

That is what $70 DLC actually looks like.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

know China has carried out a crackdown on males real and fictional alike looking too pretty/feminine, just as they have on women dressed too skimpy.

Yeah they had released some alt costumes for some characters that was literally just the same costume but the skin is covered up.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Among the stuff was budget leaks. I'll go into releases games but Insomniac's latest Ratchet and Clank, a game that was pushed as a PS5 system seller, bombed. Sold 2 million copies, which is nothing to sneeze at, but it still didn't meet back it's budget.

-I didn't comment on this before, but for like 95% of games, 2 million would be incredible! -For a game to fail with that magnitude of sales, yeaaaaaah the costs are becoming unsustainable indeed.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah they had released some alt costumes for some characters that was literally just the same costume but the skin is covered up.

-I know might've been a little biting with the above gaming-political remarks.😅 But I did that for a point.

With Western and Japanese gaming, factual queer inclusion in "mainstream" or "not-super niche" gaming, if lacking, can be gradually improved. With games from China however, whatever the studios themselves may believe, the heavy-handed gov't of unfreedom quashes the notion of gradual improvement. -Or so I'm thinking.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You know this is going to be challenged. Given the SCOTUS makeup as it is now, it'll probably be overturned.

Probably. I can see Trump immediately sueing.

That said, this hasn't happened before since the 14th Amendment has come into place I think. So it'll be interesting.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Probably. I can see Trump immediately sueing.

That said, this hasn't happened before since the 14th Amendment has come into place I think. So it'll be interesting.

And regardless of outcome, SCOTUS will take another legitimacy hit, from one side or the other.

Now I'm reminded that Lincoln wasn't on the ballot in every state back in 1860. Nothing important came out of that election, the country wasn't the least bit polarized beforehand.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Honestly, i'm glad 2024 is gonna be light on games for me. I think i'm gonna take that time to revisit games i need a refresher on. In particular, like half of Fire Emblem. Guardian's journey through the series makes me want to revisit some of these myself. Especially DS Emblem, i'm half convinced the reason i feel so indifferent towards them is because i played them on donkey doodoo dogshit-ass DeSume and not on the actually good MelonDS.