• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, Tryder and Daiohja, at least, seem to have been made by the same team. Despite Zambot and Daitarn being Tomino works, Tryder isn't, despite being nominally part of the trio. So no surprises there with Daiohja.

Two pairs of full-siblings, half-siblings to the other. Maybe a suitable analogy.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, need to ask. Was it just me, or did it looked that this particular page suddenly got an issue?

After the server migration that happened around... ~11:00PM Eastern US time, I noticed one glitch today. That being, checking SF via a private browser mode (maybe because it bans cookies?), does mess up which post is being shown as the latest made in a given topic.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

After the server migration that happened around... ~11:00PM Eastern US time, I noticed one glitch today. That being, checking SF via a private browser mode (maybe because it bans cookies?), does mess up which post is being shown as the latest made in a given topic.

Hmm. For me it was the page showed as if you had signed-off. Despite that not being the case in other pages.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh that came out today.

It’s going to be hard for the developers to emulate the cheesiness of the Zelda CDI games. I’ll at least give them credit for giving it a shot.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh that came out today.

I can't wait to bomb some Dodongos.

Also, more kaiju.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Joshua's scarf

I had 250,000 mira at the end of FC, I wonder where Joshua bought a scarf that cost that much.

TearRing_Saga_Series__Berwick_Saga_-_Lazberia_Chronicle_Chapter_174_SLPS-25497_20240214195814.png?ex=65df85a0&is=65cd10a0&hm=1b58acc3d5efa349e32aa7499cd133b62ca901a33322436e7f5f8e2f6366ac53&

He's good

He's so good, he choked that point so well

I'm so proud of him

My boy

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh that came out today.

It's lamp oil, rope, bombs time. You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough rubees.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've seen the reviews, they're all looking positive. Maybe @Saint Rubenio will add it to his game log, I doubt he has much on his plate as-is.

I mean, I'm still Berwicking and then I oughta get back to that one game I was playing before Berwick. You know, the game I genuinely was enjoying quite a bit?

...I'll admit Radiata did start to drag a bit. It has that open world game effect where, while I'm exploring a new world, finding all sorts of new characters and quests and shit, it's super fun, but when all that's done and what remains is to do the main plot, it naturally becomes less interesting. I don't want to quit on it, I genuinely was enjoying it, so I'll definitely go back once I finish this run. But it's the kind of game that's best in its first half, and then I got distracted by Berwick of all games lol

Anyway, might see about this one after. What's the price tag? 20 huh. Mite higher than I would've expected, I had it pegged for a 15 buck game myself, but oh well.

In fun news today, i had to reset my laptop cause it got stuck in a loop. Now i'm in the process of getting everything back and logging into everything (my files were kept). The really cool one is one of bank accounts. I don't remember the user ID and unlike the password, it's not something i can just go through the recovery menu. I'm gonna have to call them, oh look, they closed for the day. 

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Also, more kaiju.

We will be seated for the dysfunctional buddy cop-duo.

16 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J272.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J273.png

Do you think they're setting up something climactic??

The chapter is called the threshold of fate...

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J277.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J278.png

Again, very very strong aversion to considering the princess an actual heir. It almost feels intentional at this point.

I mean points for realism I suppose, old medieval dynasties were very desperate to get male heirs but in a game with mages and dragons I'm not exactly throwing up my hands and cheering "Thank god they at least remembered the misogyny!"

And considering the lead developers real world views I doubt apple falls far from the fiction

That could easily be part of it, although I generally got more the impression that it is more of a male preference form of succession generally, but with Dierdre being an amnesiac stranger that has never been trained to rule even before losing her memories, Azmur might be making the practical assumption that her husband will probably be the real power when he passes, with Dierdre as a figure head at best.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J279.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J280.png

Double dad deathbed

It would barely be an FE game without dead parents 😛

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J281.png

Broken promises as well

It is funny that you have to repair Sigurd's holy weapon.

15 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Though I suppose there is a chance that Grandvell is just flatout worse about it than the surrounding countries. The lack of a Midia / Mathilda-like character in Grandvell is most certainly noticeable. Meanwhile in Silesia, female knights and officers actually do exist. And Ayra for her part rejects the idea that being a woman means she has a larger responsibility towards her children than their father.
Might be more of an Ayra thing than an Isaac thing, though. Hard to say.

Literally one of the images in GuardianSing's post is showing General Aida. I guess there is a clear difference in that as all the strong women I can think of raised in Granvale are magically oriented.

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ok so the usage of "goat" as slang apparently predates the millennium but seeing this in the game caught me off guard. 

It wasn't short for Greatest Of All Time before, it was just a joke about the obnoxious animal in the past, like jokes about the Jack Ass.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As I believe has been pointed out before, it's consistent with all of Kaga's work. He never, ever, ever lets a woman be the regnant monarch. Ever. Not a single one, in the long term at least. Well, there's one in Vestaria, and only one, but she is a mind-controlled villain who's 99.99% getting replaced when/if Vestaria sees its conclusion. So I'm not exactly too inclined to give him too much credit there.

...That is a bit more debatable. Archanea has queens rule between the games, with Sheema, and Minerva, although both were vassal queens of the Archanean empire, just like Marth's Altea; and in Jugdral Hilda would do the same after the death of her son and husband. Plus there are certainly ways to arrange for Genealogy to end with Regnant queens, although it usually requires the death of their brothers to get them there.

As for Vestaria Saga, are you talking about Athol? I kind of remember there being something about a Queen in Sphire too after a succession crisis in the region, but I don't think that has been a region we really get to explore in any of the games.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And again, what do you lose from this? She does absolutely nothing as a unit.

You loss out on all the lock picks you can steal in later chapter, and sell into more boots money.

21 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Archanea has queens rule between the games, with Sheema, and Minerva

And then they give it up so that Marth could Manifest Destiny.

....Oh, it's not that Dragon's Crown has alt routes in the stages. It has alt routes that you are required to do. It's one of those "ok now do the stages again" games. I mean, makes sense but damn, i thought i was nearly done.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

And then they give it up so that Marth could Manifest Destiny.

Well, so did Yubello and King Aurelis. But yeah. It's all about uniting humanity, baby!

Sheesh, they let the TH lords get away with it through force, but when Marth does it by hand-outs, he gets vilified....

I didn't really spoke up much about it, but I finally finished Layton and the Curious Village.

I might get the other two of the first trilogy... at some point.

Did the member badge thingy break (the one below your pfp)? Or is it just my crappy internet?

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It is funny that you have to repair Sigurd's holy weapon.

It does imply that Byron fought to his utter limits to survive for this long. And it does prevent him from slaying his pursuers while rendering him weaker than his solid stats would indicate (although his 20 maximum HP should already be enough of a fragility penalty).

Nonetheless, the notion of having to repair holy weapons outside of gameplay is odd, so getting Tyrfing broken is strange. Like, there could be some kind of compromise, but I'm not sure what. Give Byron an Iron Sword instead and keep Tyrfing sheathed? Have the broken Tyrfing magically repair itself through the sheer willpower of its rightful wielder when passed on to the next generation ready to avenge the freshly fallen?

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...That is a bit more debatable. Archanea has queens rule between the games, with Sheema, and Minerva, although both were vassal queens of the Archanean empire, just like Marth's Altea; and in Jugdral Hilda would do the same after the death of her son and husband. Plus there are certainly ways to arrange for Genealogy to end with Regnant queens, although it usually requires the death of their brothers to get them there.

I did say "at least in the long term." Or, perhaps it would've been more apt to describe it as "at the end of the story." When the conclusion arrives, none of them are still sitting on their thrones. They either abdicate to a man or die, in Hilda's case. Any time women get to rule in Kaga's games it's a strictly temporary thing that either ends poorly or is swiftly passed on to men.

Again, the only true exception is Syvil of Sphire, from Vestaria Saga, who is still queen at the end of both Vestaria 1 and 2. But again, she's a mind-controlled villain and I am all but certain she'll be replaced if/when Vestaria 3 comes out and concludes the story. Then there's stuff like Kay of the Highlands and Aegina not seemingly marrying Sherpa or anyone else any time soon. Because Berwick is the best game Kaga ever made (it's all thanks to the fabled editor).

I'll admit I didn't know it was possible for queens to happen in FE4, but the fact that it's only possible by killing off all the men only adds to the point. Kaga does not seem to believe queens should happen unless it's the absolute last resort.

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

As for Vestaria Saga, are you talking about Athol? I kind of remember there being something about a Queen in Sphire too after a succession crisis in the region, but I don't think that has been a region we really get to explore in any of the games.

Athol's... eh. I suppose she kinda sorta counts, even though she might marry Zade and he'll be the defacto ruler of Meleda. Still, she does have more "power" than the average Kaga female ruler, what with her special position and powers and all, and being the direct descendant to the royal line while Zade is just some nobody duke's son, which means Kaga's love for divine right could override his love for male preference. So she might get to be the one true exception, once all's said and done.

...That being said, if I dared to argue that Athol is Kaga's best ruling lady I'd be, if anything, doing the man a disservice lol. Girls like Sienna, Sheema, Tia, Ayra, Linoan... for a few examples, might be doomed to play second fiddle to men, but they handle their roles with a decent amount of grace and badassery. Athol, meanwhile, is a complete mess of a character that just happens to have been written too "powerful" to play second fiddle to the guy (but not to be an active liability nearly all the time of course)... and even then, VS2 happens and she's just a rock for most of it lol

I suppose what I'm saying is that Kaga never allowing women to rule doesn't necessarily mean all of his female characters are terrible. He definitely has problems writing women, but he's not incapable of writing cool girls from time to time. It's just frustrating that, when he does, he still feels the need to hover a dude above them. Let Sienna be girlboss solo queen dammit.

47 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Again, the only true exception is Syvil of Sphire, from Vestaria Saga, who is still queen at the end of both Vestaria 1 and 2. But again, she's a mind-controlled villain and I am all but certain she'll be replaced if/when Vestaria 3 comes out and concludes the story.

It's easy to see how this is going to be played too. Theodel will become king of Sphire by marrying Princess Emilia.

Sure would be nice to be wrong about that, but there ain't a snowball's chance in hell that it won't end up that way if the game ever sees a release.

11 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This might be a bit nitpicky, but no - Akaneia did not have queens between games. Both Sheema and Minerva are referred to as "Princess", and the same is true for Nyna. It's nitpicky because Marth is also still "Prince Marth" throughout the game, but he at least becomes king in his ending.

Akaneia's worldbuilding is rather holey, so there's no concrete reason given why Sheema and Minerva never had a coronation, but there's the precedent of Nyna still being the "Princess" to Hardin's "Emperor" even though she is the one carrying the legitimacy of that claim, so it's hard for me not to assume that a similar arrangement would've been made had Sheema and Minerva remained their respective countries' rulers.