Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

21 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

communication with good and beloved localizers happen more often than you think (infact, just witnessed one happen yesterday)

Admitting good localizers exist in your world of localizations so bad that going behind creators backs, and fan backlash causing games to be retranslated being the "norm" sounds like a softening of the extreme echo chamber induced bias about other side bad my side good you kept spewing about localizers and fan communities.

50 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

but i guess a biased view from outside makes the world easy for you. The other side bad, my side good. 

Every time you talk about it, you send up redder, and redder flags about this situation not being on the up and up. From early on when you tries to frame this whole thing about needing to justify the behavior as OK because these were somehow work twitters, and admitted through your own action that it was normal for people not to even try to distinguish between personal and work twitters, to the more recent need to justify the behavior as OK because they "started it", to painting such extreme scenarios for how dire the official localization scene is that such drastic measures were needed. If you knew the community's behavior was actually OK, you wouldn't need to keep inventing justifications for why the behavior is OK in this special case.

If I have a bias in this, its that I have seen through experience that most official localizations are just fine, some could be better, some could be worse, but it definitely isn't dire enough to harass people about it.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And of course gotta end it with a straw man.

You might actually bother to read the comment, as it is relevant to

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

and criticism ain't just harassment and death threats.

what you are obviously missing here. I included the comment for a reason, not to compare what you are describing to Gamer Gate (if I were doing that it would have been a much longer post, as there are quite a few points of comparison, although I don't think the similarities amount to more than things similar to most online harassment campaigns).

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is funny because at that point it's just a localization but with extra steps.

Ü

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's always money. It's always the money.

Why else would they change the system?

To appease people?

Lmao

12 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Admitting good localizers exist in your world of localizations so bad that going behind creators backs, and fan backlash causing games to be retranslated being the "norm" sounds like a softening of the extreme echo chamber induced bias about other side bad my side good you kept spewing about localizers and fan communities.

When did i ever say all localizations bad?

You know exactly which localizations i am referring too here - and i agreed with Armagon as such when i told him the UO complaints are a nothingburger - and i even had to dive out of my comfort zone of  this one where i went to shithole on the net where even they were like "nothingburger".

I never said retranslations happening being the norm - but i still stand by bad localizations being the norm, and happening much more often than they should. Quite a few examples i mentioned weren't about retranslations, either - and i don't know why you understood them as such.

From early on when you tries to frame this whole thing about needing to justify the behavior as OK because these were somehow work twitters

what are you even talking about here?

I am not justifying harassment - i am justifying the localizations complaints and grievances - these are not harassment. Stop strawmanning legit complaints as harassment.

o painting such extreme scenarios for how dire the official localization scene is that such drastic measures were needed.

and i still stand by it.

but it definitely isn't dire enough to harass people about it.

nor is criticism harassment. You keep strawmanning about harassment every time.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

7 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Oh hi Camus.

Lmaooooooooo it really is just fucking Camus. I love it, they're not even trying. Even Kaga tried harder when he was making Emblem Saga! At least make him a redhead or something, set him apart a bit!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lmaooooooooo it really is just fucking Camus. I love it, they're not even trying. Even Kaga tried harder when he was making Emblem Saga! At least make him a redhead or something, set him apart a bit!

…Why exactly are we excited for this game again?

17 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Because it has a demo with a timer, I suppose.

Although my personal take is that it's not a good sign when a salesman tries to rush you when you want to access the quality of an item.

23 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I mean, "we" is kind of the incorrect pronoun to use when you are not excited for it and I've my mind fully set on making a fangame where I give a playable cast I like horrible deaths one after the other. Already Garcia has found his son's mangled corpse.

And the answer to your question is, good gameplays and good precedent set by the development company.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, "we" is kind of the incorrect pronoun to use when you are not excited for it and I've my mind fully set on giving a playable cast I like horrible deaths one after the other. Already Garcia has found his son's mangled corpse.

So this the kind of commander Rubenio strives to be:

That’s one butcher’s bill I wouldn’t want to see.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No but you see, this Camus has a sword! Totally new character!

Bolded: tbf tho, Runan is just Leif 2 and that's after Kaga changed his hair color so he didn't look like Marth.

39 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

So this the kind of commander Rubenio strives to be:

That’s one butcher’s bill I wouldn’t want to see.

Well, you do play as the bad guys. Hey, you probably would like the hack! You get to kill children!

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No but you see, this Camus has a sword! Totally new character!

"With this sword, Suvidarg, I am all but invincible. A pity you had to waste your life."

- Sumac Unicorn Overlord

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bolded: tbf tho, Runan is just Leif 2 and that's after Kaga changed his hair color so he didn't look like Marth.

Runan is a really funny case because he was less copyright infringing before the lawsuit forced Kaga to change his design. I mean, sure, signature blue hair, but at that point he was in a similar position to Alain here where he made you go "yeah Marth at home lol" but he didn't exactly resemble anyone in particular. Then Kaga gave him brown hair and instead turn him into literally just Leif. Brilliant.

On 2/27/2024 at 10:35 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tell me the scenario stopped at, the OG pilot & mech chosen, whichever series favorites you want, and I could probably dash through the game to get you a save at that point.

Stage 29, Toya and Granteed with Festenia as pilot

But you don't need to worry, I was able to retrieve and even older save and played until stage 29 again. The only problem is that I used some abilites people consider... "unnatural".

Super_Robot_Taisen_J_-_English_Patched-7.png?ex=65f38400&is=65e10f00&hm=c65c33297b7a6cd6e9ce8295218280cad9fb16a8e5f1aae7fcf9a9c287c6aacc&=

Pro-tip: always keep a backup of the backup

On 2/27/2024 at 11:51 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

As someone who does play 769!Asturias... yeah. But it's only the beginning that's rough, and Umayyad tend to Holy War on Charlie, which makes it easy to double-team them to Reconquista.

Well, I can no longer do that in my game since Asturias is gone, Charlie was deposed in favor of the Merovingian claimant (who was murdered shortly afterwards) and now Karloman's descendants rule over a fractured Francia that was swallowed by Saxony . Oh, and the Umayyads conquered the Maghreb too.

On 2/27/2024 at 11:51 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

This reminds me, my last 769 run I did tried to bother ensuring the world didn't end up too much of a mess. Led to weird stuff like culturally Egyptian Iceland, France doing the Norman reverse on Scandinavia, Byzantine Empire reaching the Baltic Sea, etc.

Is it possible to keep Visigothic culture alive or the melting pot events will fire no matter what?

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I was almost involved in a fandom war

1163076787262206052.webp?size=128&qualit

Trails-related? Oshi no ko? Is it related to incest?

Peak Fiction

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, you do play as the bad guys. Hey, you probably would like the hack! You get to kill children!

I thought we were talking about Unicorn Overlord.

2 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Trails-related? Oshi no ko? Is it related to incest?

Peak Fiction

4 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

ChariZArd

It was there all along!

Well, I can no longer do that in my game since Asturias is gone, Charlie was deposed in favor of the Merovingian claimant (who was murdered shortly afterwards) and now Karloman's descendants rule over a fractured Francia that was swallowed by Saxony . Oh, and the Umayyads conquered the Maghreb too.

Oh yeah, I also tend to quickly matri-marry to inherit that sweet Carolingian Blood. Done with a cadet branch to then unite it back into the main branch.

Is it possible to keep Visigothic culture alive or the melting pot events will fire no matter what?

It's possible. You can become quickly a powerful character. Culture flipping doesn't happen for those. To be a powerful character, I think you need to be Empire-tier. Or hold two kingdom-level titles. Don't know exactly.

21 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Because it's an lot better than half the shit that gets announced, nowadays

But Legacy of Kain just came out…20 years…ago…

Or how about that Robert Graves…whose best know historical fiction novels where published…in the 1930s…

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

12 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I thought we were talking about Unicorn Overlord.

You're the reading guy, Wraith. Work on your reading comprehension.