Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Once defeated, Cower&Stinger try to flee, but the party stop them, and they blow up. With that dealt with, the party now sends a group planet-side, to help stop the Gardim forces assaulting it. Who are also seeking the Iscandarian... and aren't keen on sharing the Large Magellanic Cloud with the Gamillas. As it were, Mori has left the planet... as a dying Ito reveals to the search party, having helped her escape as part of his atonement. Mori herself is now being taken to the Gamillas system itself... which, as it turns out, Iscandar is part of it. Thus the stage ends...

The last two DLC maps unlock here.

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Tell him...

”Conscience?? You DARE speak to me of conscience??” 🤣

I'm having too much fun writing Riev as a main character of something to think of such trifles as conscience.

2 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I would chose integrity Rubenio.

Good. I choose death. For everyone.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

IMG_7849.png?ex=65fefed6&is=65ec89d6&hm=

Why the fuck is a remaster of two 20 year old games fucking 50 GB?

I mean, if it's a remaster, that means the textures and maybe the models too are going to be a lot larger. I don't know if 50 GB larger, but larger.

If it's just the two games repackaged, then yeah, it's rather incomprehensible.

Okay, the second to last DLC map is one that is basically a staple since SRW began doing Mission Pack DLC: A map where only the female pilots deploy. Men can only participate if they're sub-pilots. Barring 30, the story for these maps is more or less the same. A happenstance discussion (or sometimes it is about a related topic) escalates into the women of the group arguing over who is the best. As such, they decide to hold a fighting tournament with their mechs over who is Miss *insert name of player group here*. Anyway, that's hence why they're all deployed on the map. There's even a long introduction of the initial match-ups as it will be done single-elimination style. Though due to the numbers, some matches will be done three-way, and there's even a five-way with the battleship captains and Jill if present. Hilariously enough, Lottie is not placed to any match for the first round... for some reason, pft. And so, the time to decide who is Miss Tenku is about to begin... not.

Since such a scenario would be too complex to play through, and without having to actually have an actual winner, what actually happens is that an enemy group stumbles across the designated battlefield, or were planning an ambush, or what-have-you. Point is, now they all cancel the tournament and fight the enemies off together. This is basically how all of them go no matter the game. Well, sans 30 since it doesn't do the tournament thing.

The reason why this unlocked so late is because Melda is the last female to permanently join the group, since when I said they were all here, I do mean it. 4 Battleships and 26 Units, for a total group of 30. This includes Akira in the Cosmo Zero, despite not being a permanent party member. That said, there is one exception. Chitose, if the protagonist, doesn't actually participate here. The scenario is slightly different depending if Soji or Chitose are the protagonist, but regardless, it's actually Nine who pilots the OG mech here. On that subject, some do get to use mechs other than their own here. Like Fa being in the Zeta Gundam, and Roux in the Double Zeta.

In any case, the unlucky group to be defeated in this game are... well, in lack of much options, the Gamillas. Specifically, Goer's group. Okay, let's go!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

47 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good. I choose death. For everyone.

Sexy Spanish guitar music, Rubenio’s ancient weapon - older than any of us, and a thousand times more deadly.
The legends claimed that the guitar was possessed, and thrived by devouring the souls of its victims. For all our bravado, we knew what it meant when Rubenio played the guitar in anger - it meant you were dead.

Just now, Sidereal Wraith said:

Sexy Spanish guitar music, Rubenio’s ancient weapon - older than any of us, and a thousand times more deadly.
The legends claimed that the guitar was possessed, and thrived by devouring the souls of its victims. For all our bravado, we knew what it meant when Rubenio played the guitar in anger - it meant you were dead.

I even have it all laid out, you know. I have a text file with the order in which everyone is going to die.

I'm actually rather pleased, unlike in the FE6 hack I might have room to fit the entire playable cast. Everybody dies, Wraith. Just this once, everybody dies!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everybody dies, Wraith. Just this once, everybody dies!

If there won't be a Rocks Fall Everyone Dies ending for the playable villain cast, too, I'll be severely disappointed!

(I don't know what your angle for the plot is, but if the player's goal is to revive Weirdly Spelled Demon Lord, this doesn't even sound too far-fetched)

3 minutes ago, ping said:

If there won't be a Rocks Fall Everyone Dies ending for the playable villain cast, too, I'll be severely disappointed!

Consider that Fomortiis's whole goal is the destruction of all humanity.

...That being said, "this guy dies too what a shocker" makes for some pretty boring end cards. I'll have to see how I handle that when I get there. In the FE6 hack I killed off a solid 2/3rds of the cast, and half the survivors got a bad ending anyway. It was still, against all odds, a semi-optimistic ending. I don't know if I'll go that route here.

3 minutes ago, ping said:

(I don't know what your angle for the plot is, but if the player's goal is to revive Weirdly Spelled Demon Lord, this doesn't even sound too far-fetched)

Assuming it won't be too much of a hassle to implement (don't think so but you never know), the plan's two endings, branching on the penultimate chapter. Bad Ending, and Extremely Bad Ending.

25 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

If the Saint excels in angry guitar music he musta been with the band Entombed for their first couple albums.  Lol 😎

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everybody dies, Wraith. Just this once, everybody dies!

I had no idea you were a fan of Glen Cook.

Alright, Goer was sent packing. Upon the group's return Nine, who was the one who set-up the tournament to begin with, still has a verdict to give. What this is depends on who is the protagonist. If Chitose, then Nine was looking to see who was better than her, since in her eyes, Chitose is the best. Her conclusion: Chitose still wins, heh. If Soji is the protagonist, then Nine reveals she did all this because she's playing matchmaker, and thought Soji deserved only the best. This revelation causes everyone to bolt off to his chagrin, pft. Though the two do then realize it means Nine is winner by default, to which... I guess there is something of a spark there from Nine's side at least.

So, last DLC map... it's a final simulation battle. This time it's just a straight battle, no area to defend. Bosses are those fought in the last late game stages, though it goes as far back as the second to last route split, as the likes of Dr. Hell and Full Frontal are here again. Okay, let's do this!

53 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

If the Saint excels in angry guitar music he musta been with the band Entombed for their first couple albums.  Lol 😎

40 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ruben with guitar be like...

Is this going to be the new meme, that I'm some kind of killer guitar player?

I mean, incorrect, but don't mind that, by all means go ahead! It's a cool meme.

13 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I had no idea you were a fan of Glen Cook.

Not particularly. I'm also not a fan of FE8's Glen, though he does at least make for a decent voice of reason character to use to bounce off of Caellach, with the other generals away in another route.

Okay, they had me on the first half, not gonna lie... but I persevered!

And that's it, all DLC done.

Scenario 48

The group has a council with the now freed Dietz, who explains Dessler wants to expand Iscandarism through the universe, no matter the cost. His so called Dessler Doctrine. But this can only sustain the Empire for long before the cracks start to form, hence why rebellions have rose against him. Okita proposes a cease-fire, which Dietz is on board with. As the group continues to Iscandar, he'll go on to liberate more dissidents from the other detention centers in the meantime, but allows for Melda to remain with the group as liaison. At planet Gamillas, Dessler's plan is finally revealed. He wants the union between Gamillas and Iscandar, or rather reunification apparently, hoping it will make everyone fall in line. That involves getting the assent of an Iscandarian princess.

Okay, they don't even hide it. Celestella outright calls it Dessler wanting to stablish a Co-Prosperity Sphere. But, you know... IN SPACE.

In any case, Dessler makes the reunification announcement official after the funeral service to Domel.

Back with the heroes, the group is a bit torn they are leaving Mori to her fate, but Iscandar comes first. Still, Gamillas is next door and would still try to stop them. The final warp jump will commence...

Just then, they receive a transmission from Dietz. The ELS are attacking the Gamillas home planet!

Dessler is confident, for they have their trump card, the Dessler Cannon. It wipes a big chunk of the ELS. It's basically Dessler's own Wave Motion Gun. Something he tries to point out to Queen Starsha of Iscandar, and also that "Yurisha" is with him.

The heroes arrive, and take note of a particularly giant ELS. This is also the point where Tieria finally becomes Setsuna's sub-pilot, if not taken the option to convince him to return to a physical form. Setsuna states the ELS are only trying to communicate with them. They mistook the fight against Gamillas as a form of such. The plan is to attack the large ELS so Setsuna reaches the core and make contact with it, and thus with the entire swarm too. So simply put... focus on Gamillas, ignore the ELS save for the large one, and also stop the Gamillas from defeating even a single ELS. It's not an actual objective, just defeating the large ELS is. But it is the SR Point requirement, haaaaa. Though as I mentioned before, I'm not aiming for those this playthrough. Adding that the Gamillas need five minutes to bring back the cannon system back online... it also means a five turn limit for the SR Point. Fun.

Okay, so, this is the Awakening of the Trailblazer finale. Once again, this is happening co-starring with Yamato events.

Now, despite the objective being to defeat the Large ELS... it's more of a "Setsuna reaches tile on the map" thing. The Large ELS is not even on-map, it's part of the background. But, it is listed in the Enemy List, has stats and everything. So it will attack. The "pilots retreat at 80 Focus" gimmick is back, to boot.

Okay, gonna send everyone at the Gamillas... hmm, Setsuna might get swarmed. I think the heroes defeating ELS is fine for the SR Point. Just, not the Gamillas. Though again, I'm not aiming for the SR Point. Well, I'll see what to do...

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2024-03-09-20-04-38-63_572064

But is it Thraccia FoW!? If you gotta go in, you gotta go all the way in!

Tfw Siege hell with suicidal green unit

NGL this game oozes Kaga

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2024-03-09-20-04-38-63_572064

Fliers + haste + really cool map actually

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Hm? Defeating enough enemies, and now Gardim forces show up. It's the other OG protagonist with a few mooks. The... I guess it's technically the final secret of the game. The OG protagonist must defeat them. Should be obvious at this point what we'll get.

Okay, let's keep moving...

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

This wouldn't be a problem if it was Berwick Saga Fog of War desert maps.

It kinda is

Units in terrain are hidden from sight, both yours and the enemy afaik, until you are near or use a detection ability

That, and it bring real time means there's more room for reaction

Despite this should be a free-for-all, Gardim and ELS are coded to the same faction. I know they can do four factions on a map... ah well.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It kinda is

Units in terrain are hidden from sight, both yours and the enemy afaik, until you are near or use a detection ability

That, and it bring real time means there's more room for reaction

There's also skills that hide yourself from the enemy so even in normal maps, you can FoW them.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I am begging Western game developers to find out what compression is.

IMG_7849.png?ex=65fefed6&is=65ec89d6&hm=

Why the fuck is a remaster of two 20 year old games fucking 50 GB?

IMHO one game that well deserved a remake was Golden Sun. Hideous graphics but I cant really hold that against it

How the hell did Dragon Warrior... grindfest that it is, merit not only one but a couple remakes but Golden Sun didn’t get any? 🤔

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

NGL this game oozes Kaga

Yeah I started Drakenhold and immediately two women were imprisoned (well one got out on her own).

Though I'll say the women are more competent here than in any Kaga game.

1 minute ago, Capt. Fargus said:

How the hell did Dragon Warrior... grindfest that it is, merit not only one but a couple remakes but Golden Sun didn’t get any? 🤔

Different companies. Maybe we'll see a Golden Sun remake one day.