I just recruited her

Hilda hilda!

She op af

Dragon Dive is crazy

Also

>Wyvern with healer imouto

But wait for more Kaga

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Me watching the Smoke Bolt hit me with ICBM range.

Yup

Or wait until you do Virginia's side quest

Literal Siege hell

Kaga being forced to watch the UO dev team hypnotize the men instead of the women

You will eat your words soon

😛

but it's not like it's here to rip your balls in half.

But that's what i want 😛

Ok, with how unique the game i can overlook that a bit

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's legit one guy who's doing it lmaooooooooooooooo. That's why the Gharnef comparison is more apt.

Ah, I see.

Also every mind controlled recruitable ally so far has been men. Men who are at least 30.

Nice. Really breaking the boundaries there. At least until they stop doing it, if Shrimpers is to be believed.

GIaaIBNb0AAht84.jpg?ex=6601ced2&is=65ef5

I like this one. Her hair is neat, her proportions aren't horribly deformed and her clothes aren't designed so I can gawk at her flesh. This one is cool.

I'll say, the thing to note with UO's story is that there's more to it than just the main plot. If you only do the Main Quests, then yes I suppose it's Fire Emblem™ but the Side Quests really flesh out a lot of the details.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You will eat your words soon

😛

Can't win 'em all I suppose.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

But that's what i want 😛

Play permadeath mode then.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like this one. Her hair is neat, her proportions aren't horribly deformed and her clothes aren't designed so I can gawk at her flesh. This one is cool

So thing about the character designs, the uniqueness is in the head. Facial features, hair, that sort of thing. Apart from the actually unique classes (Lord, Priestess, etc), the character designs are pretty uniform. That's intentional

Screenshot_2024-03-11-15-42-25-99_40deb4

This makes sense when you consider all the art in-game is hand drawn.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'll say, the thing to note with UO's story is that there's more to it than just the main plot. If you only do the Main Quests, then yes I suppose it's Fire Emblem™ but the Side Quests really flesh out a lot of the details.

Isn't this basically what people say about support conversations in FE?

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So thing about the character designs, the uniqueness is in the head. Facial features, hair, that sort of thing. Apart from the actually unique classes (Lord, Priestess, etc), the character designs are pretty uniform. That's intentional

Too bad I never considered homogeneity to be one of my problems of Vanillaware art.

Facial features? The hair, yeah, everyone seems to have pretty distinct hairstyles, but every girl I've seen in this game has an extremely similar face. Even the mercenary girls with the huge muscles have a delicate anime face that looks like someone badly edited it on. Which is an issue that plagues lots of anime-ish artstyles, don't get me wrong, but from what I've seen it's here in full force.

...But before I start being negative about Vanillaware's hallowed art again, let me reiterate, Hilda has a nice design. At least from the waist up. Couldn't see the full thing on the screenshot, saving me from having to see the inevitable armored boots with stiletto heels. But I'd probably put this one in my team.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Play permadeath mode then

If only it wasn't locked behind beating the game

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

'll say, the thing to note with UO's story is that there's more to it than just the main plot. If you only do the Main Quests, then yes I suppose it's Fire Emblem™ but the Side Quests really flesh out a lot of the details.

It's kinda like 3H's Paralogues...

Actually Berwick Paralogues would be a more apt comparison

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I say that the only FE game where supports add something to the main story is PoR :lol: Everywhere else, they're their own little world, not even necessarily a bad own little world, but they're generally very much separated from the actual plot of the game.

Bonus points for Fates having its supports literally take place in a timespace disconnected from the physical world.

(PoR also is a nice example where the main plot is a very bog standard "reconquer Good Kingdom from the Evil Guys", and most of the appeal comes from the racism subplot. You do run into that subplot in the main missions, though)

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As Ping said, Supports mainly exist in their own little bubble. The Side Quests are more akin to Berwick paralouges like Shrimpy said.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At least from the waist up. Couldn't see the full thing on the screenshot, saving me from having to see the inevitable armored boots with stiletto heels. But I'd probably put this one in my team.

*Zooms out*

...well she has the armor boots but no heels. Just normal foot.

Actually that's most characters. Everyone either has armor or leather boots and only like two of the girls have the funny stiletto heels.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As Ping said, Supports mainly exist in their own little bubble. The Side Quests are more akin to Berwick paralouges like Shrimpy said.

Good. Very good.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*Zooms out*

...well she has the armor boots but no heels. Just normal foot.

Actually that's most characters. Everyone either has armor or leather boots and only like two of the girls have the funny stiletto heels.

Oh? I saw this girl, Virginia I think it is? And like a couple more with stiletto steel boots and assumed the entire game would be like that. Good to be wrong on this.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2024-03-11-15-42-25-99_40deb4

Even not hand-drawn, think of FE. Since like, Awakening, since it's like the only part of a character that is maintained across classes, giving everyone memorable heads has been a focus. (Ofc, it's also that the case, naturally, heads/faces are the part of the our species's body that we naturally focus in on, usually.) Also, XCX, with armor functioning as it does there. For extreme examples- throw Henry in Berserker or give Gwin L's starting clothing, instant defined musculature.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I did input the Gold Password, several times even, back as a kid.

4 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

My heart bleeds for your younger self!

After I finished it yesterday I loaded up the 2nd one and punched the gold password in. I cheated and took pictures of all 6 pages instead of tryin to write it down 😁

Followed that up with a save state soon as the intro scenes were done 😎

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You are being far too harsh on that game, as it absolutely pushed the boundaries of what was possible graphically for the GBA. The first was released only a few months after the GBA itself, and was considered one of the best games on the console graphically for years. The original pair are absolute classics, and it is simply a shame the attempt to revive the series with Dark Dawn proved tragically mediocre.

...god, I just realized this game is over 20 years old, and it makes me feel old.

Oh dont get me wrong I love the game. I just found it curious it never got a remake when IMHO one definitely would’ve done it justice

>Map wide Rescue

>1 Valor

Oh baby

I will say, i do quite like how the side cast is involved in the story...at the same time, i don't think sacrificing permadeath for that is worth it

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- when you finished the Darkenhold main storyline, what path did you take the castle from? See, cause i'm pretty sure i was supposed to go up the coast but i went through the gate instead. In hindsight, that difficulty spike was there for a reason lol.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good. Very good.

In addition, UO's Supports, Rapports if you will, are dependent on which places you liberated. So there's usually an additional requirement to viewing one.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I will say, i do quite like how the side cast is involved in the story...at the same time, i don't think sacrificing permadeath for that is worth it

While the permadeath mode exists.....is that something that really works for this sort of game? I don't think every SRPG needs permadeath.

I'd say. I wonder if one day SRW could do another interesting approach regarding the treatment of Koji, Ryoma, and Amuro.

T and 30 may perhaps begin a trend where they're treated as veterans... but I wonder if there could be a game where they're treated as perhaps legends. As in, they're no longer around, but their deeds are remembered and stuff.

There's enough material for it to work.

UC Gundam has the post-CCA era to cover. From Unicorn to all the way to Victory.

Getter Robo now has the anime adaption of Getter Robo Arc. Taking place 19 years after the anime adaptation of Getter Robo G. Whre Ryoma died/disappeared, and now it's his son who pilots the titular Getter Arc. When you think about it, you can align Arc with Unicorn/Narrative if you play with the passage of time a little. Have the One Year War and Dinosaur Empire stuff together, then have Arc and Unicorn/Narrative. Or perhaps even Hathaway's Flash? Though the gap is now on the other side. Unicorn is about 17 years after OYW, and Hathaway's Flash is 26. But well, nothing new for SRW to stretch of squeeze time frames.

Now, the main issue could be Mazinger, perhaps. That said, there is something. Mazinkaizer SKL. The one time SRW didn't had Koji because it used SKL in SRW UX and only SKL. I looked it up, and turns out, SKL is set in a world where Koji and company died when taking down Dr. Hell. I don't think there's a mention of how long has passed since then, but again, it can be tweaked for SRW.

And there you go, have a SRW with Unicorn, Arc, and SKL. Where the main trio are Dead/MIA, but their legacy lives on.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

when you finished the Darkenhold main storyline, what path did you take the castle from? See, cause i'm pretty sure i was supposed to go up the coast but i went through the gate instead. In hindsight, that difficulty spike was there for a reason lol.

Yh i went from the coast

Virgina even tells you to speak with Gilbert

That said, the map wasn't easy either way

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

is that something that really works for this sort of game?

Why not?

Aslong as it only happens on squad wipe!

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Virgina even tells you to speak with Gilbert

She did say go around but I thought I could go up from the gate since that was "around" lol.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Why not?

I mean I guess the mode is there but the with the Honor cost of everything, would be tricky.

Unless NG+.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

GIY20dMWQAAXlTb?format=jpg&name=large

Oshi no Ko not beating the incest allegations.

❤️

It doesn't need to, AquRuby is the way - and the only way the story works

That said, this is a leak from a chapter that has yet ro come out

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That said, this is a leak from a chapter that has yet ro come out

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Coliseum cleared...at lvl ~22

Melisandra 1v1'd Amalia lmao

Now i have a lvl 40 peep in my team....not gonna use until much later tho lol

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It's great. People were blind to the story all the time and it's now hitting them in the face and a moral outrage is happening. Japan and Asia are super loving it tho

Based Aka

OOOOOOOOOF I knew something was off when Gilbert didn't join.

It's a very good thing I had an additional save ready. So yeah gonna do the thing to recruit him which means replaying that state on Story cause I already beat it.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

While the permadeath mode exists.....is that something that really works for this sort of game? I don't think every SRPG needs permadeath.

I think the game needs to be harder if it's not going to punish you for losing units. Triangle strategy has no permadeath (and it REALLY wouldn't work there, every unit is so specialized) but units die if a stiff breeze blows over them so the challenge is in deploying the right tools and using them correctly to beat back the storm before it overwhelms your entire team.

This... From what Shrimpers says, no permadeath might have lead to this game being too easy. Systems like generic units and highly homogenous characters are better suited for a permadeath system where you can lose them at any turn. Without it, it's a bit of an excess of units without a real reason to use most of them. Just speculating here, though, of course.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's great. People were blind to the story all the time and it's now hitting them in the face and a moral outrage is happening. Japan and Asia are super loving it tho

Based Aka

Wait, people thought this wouldn't happen? The way you talked I thought everyone was following this thing for the incest.

...personally, I hope he kills one of them off before the end. Then when you post about it here I can laugh about it.