Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I never mentioned it before, but I do recall watching a few episodes of probably two different iterations of the series as a child. So young I was, however, that I paid zero attention to what was being said/happening, and have no true recollection of them whatsoever.😅

I also remember watching a bit of ZOIDS too back in the day. Probably just one version of it, though. Sadly it was so long ago I don't remember much either.

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Last weekend I gave the gift of games, so to speak 😎

@Saint Rubenio What was that term you used a while back for a gal that plays VGs? 🤔

Last weekend I introduced my sister to the PC version of Might and Magic - Clash of Heroes, or whichever the one on Steam is. Did a quick battle while she watched. Looked  like she liked it, at least enough to go huntin for the Steam app on her phone Lol

Its always nice to pass something on 😀

Okay, time for the final tower.

Mfw I get the encounter with 6 Shining Pom... and I beat them all...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, time for the final tower.

Mfw I get the encounter with 6 Shining Pom... and I beat them all...

Black Fang goes whoosh!

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Black Fang goes whoosh!

Well, it couldn't one-shot them yet, but when it's a Preemtive Strike, it leaves everyone else to KO them with arts.

Finished New Super Mario Bros 2. Holds up fine. Coin gimmick is dopamine at first but i feel like the game doesn't really commit to it too much past the first two worlds. It's a 7, Wii is still better.

Ugh, hit another slump with my writing. Even trying to shift to write something else is the same apathy...

I've been feeling like a long, immersive game lately....

Berseria-Begin.png

Do I start this today at last? When did I even buy it?😅

It's been more than a year since I last played a Tales. I should be plenty recharged for enjoying one.

-Honestly, this is actually in second place on "JRPGs I want to begin". I've spent the entire month of April thinking of another instead, but I've squandered every good opportunity to do so. I'm feeling like Berseria will be easier to initiate, the other one can be began like a week-and-a-half from now, hopefully.

I'm not sure what's harder for me nowadays- starting a J/S/ARPG, or completing one.😆 It's not the stuff in-between that's troublesome, it's diving in and finishing the laps.

It also feels wrong to pick a Steam game to play, since even factoring in emulation stuff, I know I've been doing a lot of PC gaming of late. My Switch backlog hasn't diminished all that much in comparison.

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Finished New Super Mario Bros 2. Holds up fine. Coin gimmick is dopamine at first but i feel like the game doesn't really commit to it too much past the first two worlds. It's a 7, Wii is still better.

What’s that like?

A souped up version of the original?

On 4/19/2024 at 10:16 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Acacia Sgt

I discovered only today what is apparently two-months-old news.😅 It has been known for decades that the Earth hundreds of millions of years ago (720-635 mya) underwent total or near-total glaciation, what is referred to as "Snowball Earth". Where the entire planet -with the possible exception of a thin band of liquid water around the equator- was covered in thick ice.

02TB-SNOWBALLEARTH1-superJumbo-v2.jpg

(One rendering of what it could have looked like.)

The study from earlier this year clarifies what may have happened that triggered Snowball Earth. First, the Earth's atmosphere during that period ~700 mya had atmospheric CO2 levels that were below 200 parts per million, less than half of the modern 420 ppm and rising.

Now, the reason I notified you of this, is because of what the study goes on to say. Only if the Earth were sufficiently cold already, could a Snowball Earth be triggered through the impact of a large enough meteor.☄️ And that, had a space rock of sufficient size struck during the Last Glacial Maximum, a mere 21,000 years ago (with 180 ppm CO2), Snowball Earth could've followed. It would only taken a decade or less from impact to result in sea ice 10 meters thick -at the equator.🧊

😛

She was responsible

GxK - Kong confronts Shimo.png

2 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

What’s that like?

A souped up version of the original?

Which one are you referring to? 2 or Wii?

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She was responsible

GxK - Kong confronts Shimo.png

Which one are you referring to? 2 or Wii?

Either one really but I was  thinking more of the one you finished

@Saint Rubenio Eiyuden Chronicle reviews have been rolling in today. Generally positive scores, 7-8 on average, through Eiyuden is not without criticisms, namely the game is being described as dated in ways. ...And the Switch version is a loadfest wreck that's torpedoing the score on that particular system (please don't schadenfreude-laugh too loudly🙄).

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Saint Rubenio Eiyuden Chronicle reviews have been rolling in today. Generally positive scores, 7-8 on average, through Eiyuden is not without criticisms, namely the game is being described as dated in ways.

Kind of worrisome, hearing that and thinking back to my less than ideal experience with Suikoden.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...And the Switch version is a loadfest wreck that's torpedoing the score on that particular system (please don't schadenfreude-laugh too loudly🙄).

Classic Switch. I wonder how it runs on the Steam Deck!

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Kind of worrisome, hearing that and thinking back to my less than ideal experience with Suikoden.

Well they devs have already announced plans for a sequel. Maybe they'll get to...

• Either adding a random encounter slider, or ditching them altogether.
  • Adding a list that keeps track of potential recruits once you meet them the first time and what they're asking for in order to join.
  • And, adding a way to change somebody's equipment without putting them on the active team first.

-Three little flaws the reviews mention that, if given some simple modern QoL updates, would help alleviate the jank from yesteryear.

If I got the game -which I wouldn't at least for a very long while since I was lukewarm about Suikoden myself- then I'd likely be willing to forgive it in my abundance of understanding, because Suikoden has been dead and there isn't anything exactly like it. But, I would be more critical of a sequel that didn't address issues consumers had with the prior title, the resurrection excuse wouldn't hold up so well.

1 hour ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Either one really but I was  thinking more of the one you finished

Ah. Yeah I guess it's a bit more souped up. But it's NSMB so it lost its luster after Wii.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And the Switch version is a loadfest wreck that's torpedoing the score on that particular system (please don't schadenfreude-laugh too loudly🙄).

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Classic Switch. I wonder how it runs on the Steam Deck!

Apparently it runs like shit even on PS5.

Still stand it shouldn't be a wig.

Phew, that was a lot to go through, but Chapter 8 done. I think I'll only do some preparations and begin the Final Chapter proper next time.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well they devs have already announced plans for a sequel. Maybe they'll get to...

• Either adding a random encounter slider, or ditching them altogether.
  • Adding a list that keeps track of potential recruits once you meet them the first time and what they're asking for in order to join.
  • And, adding a way to change somebody's equipment without putting them on the active team first.

-Three little flaws the reviews mention that, if given some simple modern QoL updates, would help alleviate the jank from yesteryear.

If I got the game -which I wouldn't at least for a very long while since I was lukewarm about Suikoden myself- then I'd likely be willing to forgive it in my abundance of understanding, because Suikoden has been dead and there isn't anything exactly like it. But, I would be more critical of a sequel that didn't address issues consumers had with the prior title, the resurrection excuse wouldn't hold up so well.

I mean, this is basically Suikoden 6. Or 7? Whichever one would've come next. The only thing Eiyuden lacked was the name, because I'm pretty sure all the major folks behind Suikoden were in this project. Conversely, Konami basically only has the brand name left, which is why they're only doing a remake of the thing they legally own.

Anyway, yeah, it does seem like they might've been playing things a tad safe, just do "Suikoden again" for the new generation. I should look into how the famous hard mode functions. What I liked about that old fangame, Exit Fate, is that it was challenging enough that I had to think, even in random encounters. They weren't like, hard, but I at least had to think a little bit, and the animations were very fast while being nice to look at, so the result was battles that went by in a breeze but were a smidge less boring than your average JRPG random encounter. Not to mention you could just bribe them without going into battle, it was all just very fast, very smooth to play.