Jump to content

Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread


MisterIceTeaPeach

Recommended Posts

Unusually warm weather today, I sat outside and read an entire magazine to catch up on my history.

romanmosaic1_16x9.jpg?w=1200

Mosaic of the Roman god Oceanus, discovered in the 1980s in a 4th century AD Roman villa located in Carranque, Spain. You approve of the blue beard like rolling waves @Saint Rubenio?🌊 And Shrimpy, yes those are crustacean claws and antennae emerging from his head.

...Also read of the gold and silver treasures left behind by the historical Thracians (thought of as barbarians and warriors -for hire even!- by the Greeks, no wyverns though). The Odrysian Kingdom (480 BC-30 AD) of the Thracians being located at the intersection of modern Greece, Turkey and Bulgaria.

...And that, contrary to what certain corner of the Internet would have you believe, anime did not invent unnecessarily sexualization.😝 The late 4th century Greek Neoplatonist, Hypatia, was one of the last great philosophers of was last great Classical philosophers, and a woman at that. When Enlightenment era Europe developed a liking for this ancient lady of rational thought, she began being depicted in the 1700s & 1800s as a beautiful youthful nude woman in the classical/Renaissance/neoclassical style. -Despite the fact said sculptures/paintings are supposed to depict her tragic death at the hands of a fanatical Christian mob in 415 AD, and Hypatia was born around 360 AD, which means she would've been ~55 years of age.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 176.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Codename Shrimp

    29032

  • Acacia Sgt

    21146

  • Saint Rubenio

    20176

  • Armagon

    16637

If i had a nickel for every SNES game that was the third installment of a series that began in the 90s and that SNES game included a remake of the first game, i'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, it's just weird it's happened twice.

Kirby Super Star 🤝 Mystery of the Emblem.

(For the record, I'm playing Ultra).

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hopefully the altered controls make them to some degree enjoyable for you

The patch just makes it so that you can move with the d-pad. Touch controls aren't gone.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If i had a nickel for every SNES game that was the third installment of a series that began in the 90s and that SNES game included a remake of the first game, i'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, it's just weird it's happened twice.

Super Castlevania IV is basically a "narrative remake" -not that it really has any plot- of the original Castlevania. And, Dragon Quests 1-3 got Super Famicom remakes. And, there's Super Mario All-Stars, and the Japan-only BS Legend of Zelda 1 remake...

...I get it. Development costs/time were probably low enough back then, and the graphical jump from NES to SNES was pretty big.

FYI- Sakurai has stated he originally wanted to leave Copy Abilities out of Spring Breeze, to imitate the original Kirby's Dream Land, but, a member of the dev team persuaded him not to. -Even though this, for Sakurai, leaves Dyna Blade without anything to distinguish it from Spring Breeze.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

(For the record, I'm playing Ultra).

Enjoy!😀 Hopefully!🤞

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Super Castlevania IV is basically a "narrative remake" -not that it really has any plot- of the original Castlevania. And, Dragon Quests 1-3 got Super Famicom remakes. And, there's Super Mario All-Stars, and the Japan-only BS Legend of Zelda 1 remake...

...I get it. Development costs/time were probably low enough back then, and the graphical jump from NES to SNES was pretty big.

SRW 2 instead be like:

Remake game in the GB instead, and add even more content.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

romanmosaic1_16x9.jpg?w=1200

Mosaic of the Roman god Oceanus, discovered in the 1980s in a 4th century AD Roman villa located in Carranque, Spain. You approve of the blue beard like rolling waves @Saint Rubenio?🌊 And Shrimpy, yes those are crustacean claws and antennae emerging from his head.

I knew this country was cool.

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

anime did not invent unnecessarily sexualization.😝

They may have perfected the art but they certainly did not pioneer it.

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

When Enlightenment era Europe developed a liking for this ancient lady of rational thought, she began being depicted in the 1700s & 1800s as a beautiful youthful nude woman in the classical/Renaissance/neoclassical style. -Despite the fact said sculptures/paintings are supposed to depict her tragic death at the hands of a fanatical Christian mob in 415 AD, and Hypatia was born around 360 AD, which means she would've been ~55 years of age.

...Yikes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Even though this, for Sakurai, leaves Dyna Blade without anything to distinguish it from Spring Breeze.

Spring Breeze 🤝FE3 Book 1

Remakes with less content

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HEsrPdt.png

Yes you damn cat

but...

LF72glJ.png

>Nasu
>Everyone happy

Such a thing exists?

xbJqU5u.png

hmmm

YCmkiWh.png

you know what

you are right

it's 230, i have work in ~6hours.

pBkRQGj.png

I thought we weren't Fate'ing?

But color me excited, Ciel route has been top tier so far

Edited by Shrimpica
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMG20240415204831.jpg?ex=66304007&is=661

These are the DS games i've installed so far. 

  • The DS Zelda games with the d-pad patch
  • The DS Fire Emblem games with the full content/Eng patch because maybe playing them on real hardware will turn my opinion around
  • Explorers of Sky to relive my childhood
  • Super Star Ultra because i've never played it before (the whole thing as opposed to just parts of it)
  • Portrait of Ruin cause i could use some Castlevania and it looked fun when @Saint Rubenio played it
  • And then turns out there's a Rayman DSIware game you can get from hshop
18 minutes ago, Shrimpica said:

pBkRQGj.png

I thought we weren't Fate'ing?

But color me excited, Ciel route has been top tier so far

So is the cat supposed to be god or something, i thought it was a joke.

Edited by Armagon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

bTuqSWg.png

what the fuck

O.o

Tbf, she's the avatar of Planet - but...

Ok, not today

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So is the cat supposed to be god or something, i thought it was a joke.

Joke have the deepest lore, or something

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Shrimpica said:

bTuqSWg.png

what the fuck

O.o

Tbf, she's the avatar of Planet - but...

Ok, not today

This shit look like Evangelion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  • Portrait of Ruin cause i could use some Castlevania and it looked fun when @Saint Rubenio played it

Portrait of Ruin is the second of the three DS Igavanias, Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia being the other two. -PoR was also the sixth Igavania in ten years, so the approach was getting worn out for the franchise at the point of its release. Whilst not exactly the most original title (with some sprites going back to 1993's Rondo of Blood), and perhaps too easy, Portrait of Ruin is a solid Igavania. I played it to the point of overdoing it when I younger.😆 Treat it as junk food.

 

35 minutes ago, Shrimpica said:

what the fuck

O.o

Tbf, she's the avatar of Planet - but...

Ok, not today

32 minutes ago, Shrimpica said:

I am scared

Can i have Dark Sakura back

This is what you get for not going to bed.😜

-Nice to see you've a case of Good Game Insomnia.😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Portrait of Ruin cause i could use some Castlevania and it looked fun when @Saint Rubenio played it

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Portrait of Ruin is the second of the three DS Igavanias, Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia being the other two. -PoR was also the sixth Igavania in ten years, so the approach was getting worn out for the franchise at the point of its release. Whilst not exactly the most original title (with some sprites going back to 1993's Rondo of Blood), and perhaps too easy, Portrait of Ruin is a solid Igavania. I played it to the point of overdoing it when I younger.😆 Treat it as junk food.

Ah, Portrait of Ruin. Still holding out for a DS Collection one of these days...

Also, you haven't played it if you don't do...

At least once.

Also, mandatory shilling: Get SRW W and patch it if you are able.

Edited by Acacia Sgt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

SRW 2 instead be like:

Remake game in the GB instead, and add even more content.

Forgot to comment on this before, but I do find it weird that this is where Victory and G Gundams got their debuts.😆

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, Portrait of Ruin. Still holding out for a DS Collection one of these days...

Seems like an obvious thing for Konami to do. Although they do have to put in a tiny bit of additional effort to adjust for the lack of two screens, touch controls, and NDS WiFi. Still easier than a Boktai tetralogy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Forgot to comment on this before, but I do find it weird that this is where Victory and G Gundams got their debuts.😆

Yeah, it's actually a bit curious. It also had Lune show up and join the party (though naturally leaves just before the final battle).

As it is, it's more of a reboot than a remake.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Seems like an obvious thing for Konami to do. Although they do have to put in a tiny bit of additional effort to adjust for the lack of two screens, touch controls, and NDS WiFi. Still easier than a Boktai tetralogy.

Eh, the second screen was usually just to place the map and or enemy stats without having to go into the menus. So that can be scrapped easily. Touch controls are only a problem for like... Sisters Mode in Portrait, and the Seal the Bosses thing in Dawn. Either they can be enabled with a Computer Mouse (at least for PC)... or, since patches exist that remove/replace those features, it's not impossible to just go without.

Not sure what they did with the WiFi, but if it's online anything, then it shouldn't be a problem nowadays.

Edited by Acacia Sgt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, the second screen was usually just to place the map and or enemy stats without having to go into the menus. So that can be scrapped easily. Touch controls are only a problem for like... Sisters Mode in Portrait, and the Seal the Bosses thing in Dawn. Either they can be enabled with a Computer Mouse (at least for PC)... or, since patches exist that remove/replace those features, it's not impossible to just go without.

True. Harder DS adaptations have been made (The World Ends With You, Etrian Odyssey). But Konami not being all big on video games nowadays except Momotaro Dentetsu selling like crazy in Japan, maybe even these little things are making them drag their feet on a Castlevania DS Collection.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, it's actually a bit curious. It also had Lune show up and join the party (though naturally leaves just before the final battle).

As it is, it's more of a reboot than a remake.

...And then for some reason chats with Shu afterwards.

A portable reboot that never got the needed sequels?😛 If it weren't for Pinball and Link Battler, the GBC would've been devoid of SRW, surprising.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

True. Harder DS adaptations have been made (The World Ends With You, Etrian Odyssey). But Konami not being all big on video games nowadays except Momotaro Dentetsu selling like crazy in Japan, maybe even these little things are making them drag their feet on a Castlevania DS Collection.

Yeah, it's the worrying part. Having played through both previous Collections, I do wish it could become possible.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

...And then for some reason chats with Shu afterwards.

A portable reboot that never got the needed sequels?😛 If it weren't for Pinball and Link Battler, the GBC would've been devoid of SRW, surprising.

I think 2G was still for the original GB, like the very first game. I guess that's what the GB(C) has going on for a mark. It's where SRW began.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, due  to an unfortunate mishap, we've got two copies of Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising. So far, I kind of hate it. It's not exactly terrible, but I'm at the point where the volcano went off  and the villagers are setting up spa. It just feels like I'm just sitting through an VN than an actual game, at the rate of how often I get pulled back to town.

Edited by Armchair General
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Portrait of Ruin cause i could use some Castlevania and it looked fun when @Saint Rubenio played it

Jonathan, Charlotte, Jonathan, Charlotte, Jonathan, Charlotte.

I'd still call Ecclesia better but that's just me. PoR is still perfectly fine.

2 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Well, due  to an unfortunate mishap, we've got two copies of Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising. So far, I kind of hate it. It's not exactly terrible, but I'm at the point where the volcano went off  and the villagers are setting up spa. It just feels like I'm just sitting through an VN than an actual game, at the rate of how often I get pulled back to town.

Not good. That is what I was concerned about - gameplay being boring.

...is the story any good so far, at least?

Edited by Saint Rubenio
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This is what you get for not going to bed.😜

Tbh it's sometimes scary to read Tsukihime at night lmao

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Nice to see you've a case of Good Game Insomnia.😛

better than normal Insomnia which i have 24/7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Shrimpica said:

better than normal Insomnia which i have 24/7

Don't get fat.😃

3 hours ago, Shrimpica said:

Tbh it's sometimes scary to read Tsukihime at night lmao

Isn't that what you sometimes want with scary things though? Wouldn't playing in the sunny daytime possibly ruin the immersion?🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

.When was the last time Nintendo did a normal direct featuring their own output? -Just asking.

Uhhhhhh in like February I think.

Edit: that might've been a Partner Showcase actually.

Edited by Armagon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...