Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

Curious about that one, seeing as it kind of requires other players and my 3DS social network is nonexistent I never found it worthwhile picking it up.

There is very much a single player mode. I just don't think many people can endure the tedium that switching Links constantly brings. Also pits are overpowered because while the stationary Links turn into stone that can't be damaged by enemy attacks, if they're pushed into a pit you still take the damage. Spoiler, but at least one boss likes to do damage by using wind to push Links into pits.

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

That is a very unfortunate typo.

I think I've seen a McDonalds sign with that typo a decade ago.
Still, my favorite mistake in advertising was the time Krispy Kreme decided to make the Krispy Kreme Klub in the UK. To this day I can't decide if it was incompetence, or someone made an edgy joke and didn't expect it to be approved.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Couch fucker, dolphin fucker, yeah it's over for this guy.

You think he's related to Margaret Lovatt?

• Replies 179.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

On 7/25/2024 at 8:39 PM, Codename Shrimp said:

Sakura - Takumi - Hinoka are my fav. FE maps in existence. That section of Conquest is just chef's kiss.

They're certainly the high point of the game for me too, even though I think lategame Conquest is not as good early-midgame

On 7/25/2024 at 10:53 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, interesting.

Was gonna ask about the event, but I remembered it's Fourth Crusade related. I had to do it in a more old-fashioned way of inviting a claimant, converting him, then help him press the claim. Certainly made things harder ensuring his dynasty, or any other converted-elected, would continue ruling until they converted the Empire.

Holy Fury was a blessing, certainly the best expansion of the game. A shame we didn't get an Orthodox-centric expansion

15 hours ago, Dayni said:

Now that's a lot of score.

So you didn't have all of Spain? was it all in pieces?

With "Portugal" I meant the Empire of Portugal that I created instead of de jure Hispania, comprising all Iberia

I had Hispania too, but it was titular basically

2 minutes ago, Venger_06 said:

Holy Fury was a blessing, certainly the best expansion of the game. A shame we didn't get an Orthodox-centric expansion

Indeed. Though I still did it even though I had HF. Thus the Fourth Crusader event never triggered, heh.

I did got the Children's Crusade to happen, though. As the first ever Crusader, even. Thanks to my sponsoring and military help (more like I did all the job since for some reason their armies spawn where the character does, despite the event-chain already have the character in the Holy Land, and it was a Prussian kid so...), it was victorious unlike the historical one.

@Interdimensional Observer

Oh, DD has only just reached the assault on Heinel's Castle for Voltes' storyline?

Also, interesting. They're doing the "Katherine drugs Heinel unconscious" plot point that SRW A did. Unlike A, however, DD is no doubt going to use the full story. Alphaverse already explored this angle of Heinel being present for it, but it was him alone if I recall. Wonder what they will do here.

Not even the leaders of Europe's far-right parties would be saying shit like this.

5 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

vCppnAF.jpeg

Moblie Baths soon 😮

Firis-shadowing.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not even the leaders of Europe's far-right parties would be saying shit like this.

And he'll still get millions of votes. That's why he has the confidence to say it.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

@Interdimensional Observer

Oh, DD has only just reached the assault on Heinel's Castle for Voltes' storyline?

Also, interesting. They're doing the "Katherine drugs Heinel unconscious" plot point that SRW A did. Unlike A, however, DD is no doubt going to use the full story. Alphaverse already explored this angle of Heinel being present for it, but it was him alone if I recall. Wonder what they will do here.

Thanks for sharing.😀 

They could have Heinel still hesitant to turn against Boazan? And then have Katherine die in some way that pushes him into burying his Voltes hate and into assisting his half-brothers? -Although having Katherine live, only to kill her later, they'd have to execute it well. If the next thing that happened in the Voltes plot was her sacrifice, it'd be too soon, making her temporary survival feel too ephemeral & meaningless, I'd think.

...And "Divine Doers" is what they name the heroic group in DD?🤨 Well, I get the initials, but "Doer" is such a weird word-that-shouldn't-be-a-word to me. And "Divine", with regards to SRW, titular usage of that word is owned by a certain someone.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thanks for sharing.😀 

They could have Heinel still hesitant to turn against Boazan? And then have Katherine die in some way that pushes him into burying his Voltes hate and into assisting his half-brothers? -Although having Katherine live, only to kill her later, they'd have to execute it well. If the next thing that happened in the Voltes plot was her sacrifice, it'd be too soon, making her temporary survival feel too ephemeral & meaningless, I'd think.

...And "Divine Doers" is what they name the heroic group in DD?🤨 Well, I get the initials, but "Doer" is such a weird word-that-shouldn't-be-a-word to me. And "Divine", with regards to SRW, titular usage of that word is owned by a certain someone.

Well, it wouldn't be unheard of. I think I mentioned this when you played, but SRW W does have Leo Shishioh survive his canonical death... only to still kill him later on. Though yeah, if it's too soon, then it would feel like a waste. Though who knows. She might live to the end. I have a hunch they might actually make Heinel part of the party in the future. Nevertheless, this is certainly a different context from what Alphaverse had it all go down. Alpha 1, which covers up to this point of the plot, doesn't quite happen. Or, I don't know if the castle assault still happens, but the final fight against Heinel is on the Moon, and then he's fighting more because the Balmarians have Katherine hostage. And Alpha 1 already had him as a temporary ally as a secret. Though in that context it's understandable he'd be willing to work with the heroes if he's angry at the Balmarians. But by Alpha 2 he definitely already seemed to be a changed man, so something definitely went down to make him change.

Oh, yeah, the name does sound a bit... goofy, heh. I admittedly don't know the context behind that one.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, it wouldn't be unheard of. I think I mentioned this when you played, but SRW W does have Leo Shishioh survive his canonical death... only to still kill him later on.

*Takes five seconds to realize who you mean* ...The fanslation went with "Reo"! Well, not the first mistake it made -IMO- with GGG, all the uses of the word "courage" where it should be "bravery" I criticized about before.😛 "Leo" is on-the-nose well he does have a prominent one, but befitting of GaoGaiGar.🦁

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

and then he's fighting more because the Balmarians have Katherine hostage.

That's different. The appearances I've seen of him doesn't have Heinel show any real affections for his subordinate (I don't think he expressed feelings specifically of romantic loss when she died in J), despite how she feels for him.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But by Alpha 2 he definitely already seemed to be a changed man, so something definitely went down to make him change.

Voltes in Alpha 2 is pretty fillery I'm guessing? I have no idea sure how much they can do between Heinel's canonical defeat on Earth and heading to Boazan in Alpha 3. -But then the addition of Daimos -and specifically the Heinel-Richter friendship- helps to mitigate the awkwardness of Voltes in Alpha 2?

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Takes five seconds to realize who you mean* ...The fanslation went with "Reo"! Well, not the first mistake it made -IMO- with GGG, all the uses of the word "courage" where it should be "bravery" I criticized about before.😛 "Leo" is on-the-nose well he does have a prominent one, but befitting of GaoGaiGar.🦁

It might really be Reo, come to think of it. I mean, we also have Laiga/Raiga (Liger) and Taiga (Tiger). So characters with big feline names is something of a theme there too, not just lions, heh.

That's different. The appearances I've seen of him doesn't have Heinel show any real affections for his subordinate (I don't think he expressed feelings specifically of romantic loss when she died in J), despite how she feels for him.

I'll admit I don't know the full story there, but I wouldn't say he doesn't feel something for her, perhaps. It's just, he puts his duty and other personal feelings (like his enmity with his half-brothers) way to the forefront. This is parallel with Combattler's plot in Alpha 1, where the Balmarians do the same to Oreana, so Garuda also keeps fighting for them. Which goes back that the Campellians and Boazans seem to be vassal states of the Ze Balmary, at least during Alpha 1.

Voltes in Alpha 2 is pretty fillery I'm guessing? I have no idea sure how much they can do between Heinel's canonical defeat on Earth and heading to Boazan in Alpha 3. -But then the addition of Daimos -and specifically the Heinel-Richter friendship- helps to mitigate the awkwardness of Voltes in Alpha 2?

Yeah, integrating Heinel to the Daimos plotline is basically to making the series relevant during Alpha 2 beyond just being there for continuity's sake. Also roster padding, since I did mentioned Alpha 2 is the game with the smallest cast of the Alphaverse. At least it's more than what Combattler got in Alpha 2, which is... well, I wouldn't know. Maybe they also have some relevance, but it's likely less than what Voltes got, for sure.

Vance can't shake off the allegations

It's wild that false allegations might actually sink his chances.

2 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Next chapter has no DVs tho xD

I was on about dancing, but sure.

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It only ended like... 2-3 years ago. It's worth pointing out Hasha came out in 2002. The Cipher Cards with Al and company were from... 2020 or so. So FAR from being forgotten.

Apparently it ended in 2020, with the Hasha cards being in 2017. Except Al got a final one in the last set, because ooops all lords

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/04/demo_for_stunning_fan-made_2d_metroid_prime_game_released

-Looks like it was taken down a few years ago?🤔 Weird, I don't think I learned about it until this year, or maybe last?

Might be worth seeing if it's still out there.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was thinking about the refrigerator.

"Why is there ice in the milk? And the eggs are frozen solid!🤨"

"There is nothing colder than how you treated me last night!"

I wouldn't risk it. That and the toilet, I wouldn't want that acting up on me.

The recliner could also end up taking advantage of the person getting too comfortable with their guard lowered.

7 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

There is very much a single player mode. I just don't think many people can endure the tedium that switching Links constantly brings. Also pits are overpowered because while the stationary Links turn into stone that can't be damaged by enemy attacks, if they're pushed into a pit you still take the damage. Spoiler, but at least one boss likes to do damage by using wind to push Links into pits.

Ah, so you're playing body swap constantly.

Imagine being one consciousness and having multiple bodies to control. would be a mess.

6 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

With "Portugal" I meant the Empire of Portugal that I created instead of de jure Hispania, comprising all Iberia

I had Hispania too, but it was titular basically

Okay, that's fair, just getting it wrong.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Imagine being one consciousness and having multiple bodies to control. would be a mess.

I think that's part of the reason the Link totem exists, where you stack all three. Besides having use in height based puzzles, it means you can just kind of carry the other two when you don't need to do anything else. Which is still really tedious, but less so than having to walk the same paths three times.
Experimentation is a double edged sword. Sometimes, you do something no one has dared to try before and revolutionize the industry, and other times you do something no one dared to try, only to become ensnared in the web of reasons they avoided it in the first place.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

It's tolerable, some tricky timings, but tolerable. I made it through the entire game ...except the final battle. There's your typical LoZ magical tennis match there, with the orb changing colors every time you hit it, so you need to quickly swap to the correct body and swing before you get struck. I recall failing that so many times, I once or twice eventually made it past that, but the fatigue made me always lose in the subsequent final phase of the boss battle.  

Now, doing the various bonus challenges -at least some of which are timed- that unlock after you clear each world? Solo on those might be very very nasty indeed.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Wouldn't be a problem if you didn't need all your bodies active at once. If you could find a room to have them securely sleep in for however long is necessary while another is active, it'd be fine. Alternatively, some very good AI that could stay awake, self-preserve and follow your specific plans could be workable. -I'm not speaking of Tri-Force Heroes here, just random creative writing thoughts of my own.😆

In Four Swords Adventures, they simply allowed you to move all the Link's in formation. Or they would just follow the leading Link while remaining intangible to enemies.

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

In Four Swords Adventures, they simply allowed you to move all the Link's in formation. Or they would just follow the leading Link while remaining intangible to enemies.

They also let you play with two or three players instead of the full four, with any of the players being able to use the remaining Link, whereas Triforce heroes it's all for one, or one for all when it comes to Link distribution.

2 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

They also let you play with two or three players instead of the full four, with any of the players being able to use the remaining Link, whereas Triforce heroes it's all for one, or one for all when it comes to Link distribution.

It did not occur to me that they could have set it up like that. Wow.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It did not occur to me that they could have set it up like that. Wow.

Not sure I would've known if not for playing it with both one and two people instead of the full four. Which makes me annoyed that Triforce Heroes doesn't offer a two player option, when wrangling three people is far trickier. But that's Nintendo for you. They don't necessarily run with what worked for them before.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Apparently it ended in 2020, with the Hasha cards being in 2017. Except Al got a final one in the last set, because ooops all lords

Ultimately, the point is that Al isn't really obscure. And the fact Hasha characters got into Cipher shows IS do consider them to be official characters to some capacity. Since no other non-game-originated characters were put there, that I'm aware of at least.

Now, what would clinch it would be if they were actually put in Heroes, too. Chances are certainly very low, though. I can only see it if it was, as I mentioned, part of an awareness/promotion campaign for a Binding remake.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

56 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

He's gotta be careful with the liquor or he's gonna turn into Clifford.

Hey, a pint or 15 never hurt anyone, least of all me.

So, having an itch again for a Musou, I got Hyrule Warriors. Ah, I missed this feeling of mowing down hundreds of mobs, hahaha...