Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

This is objectively incorrect.

This is true. We conducted a study of it. 100% of people surveyed said this thread needs Dragonflames. (Sample size was questionable, but you know, sometimes you have to make do with what you have)

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

What I mean is that, now that more people enjoy Fates Conquest, I should probably stay away from here for a bit, because I don't trust myself to be able to hold back on commenting negatively about it, thus perhaps ruining everyone's enjoyment.
And this does not mean that I don't want people to play or enjoy it, don't misunderstand.
It's just that I don't want to ruin people's enjoyment of it by making snide remarks about my own feelings on the matter.

I mean... I don't think anyone's going to be all that worried. Fates is one of those games that gets hated on as low hanging fruit, and I think that annoys people who like it more than people that have an actual gripe (like Peri's ability to effect everyone's judgement).

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Also, as Sooks said, we are used to it. We Fates fans lived through an era where the whole fanbase hated our guts, even if we only liked the gameplay 😛

Inb4 Shrimpy recalls that I played my first Fire Emblem at the end of 2019 and didn’t become involved in the fan base until August of 2020

It still doesn’t bother me though xD

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And you know that i am super negative when it comes to GBA FE titles and some other games

See? I love GBA fe, yet me and Shrimpy are pals.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Inb4 Shrimpy recalls that I played my first Fire Emblem at the end of 2019 and didn’t become involved in the fan base until August of 2020

It still doesn’t bother me though xD

Fates hate is still alive to this year xD

5 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I think that annoys people who like it more than people that have an actual gripe

I love Fates (or to be exact only Conquest + Heir of Fates) due to gameplay. I am not blind to it's other faults 😉

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

See? I love GBA fe, yet me and Shrimpy are pals.

#ConquestGang

3mthmjkhpwz11.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Edited by Shrimperor

This is my only contribution to this game:

46 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Sorry for the slow reply, I've had a trip to the doctor. Seems the glandular fever came back negative... which is good.
As for the cause... I've just flat got a low Immunglobin A (the one related to the digestive system, including the throat and mouth) level. I mean, its's a tenth of the lowest it should be.
For that reason, it's questioned whether removing the tonsils (which are supposed to help prevent infection, though in some peoples cases they do a terrible job) could actually make me worse instead of better... so it's being considered a last resort. (that said I'm so at the end of my rope it's not funny with this).

Thanks for your concern though, and I can definitely speak. I mean, slightly painfully, but I can speak.

This sounds really nasty.

I don't know the success rate of a tonsil removal, but seriously if the pain doesn't stop, this might be the option.

25 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That you had no hand in starting.

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t mean to sound rude but I don’t remember you being that involved.

Well, sure, but I still contributed.

Agreed. The whole point of essay answers are to get the student's perspective, not a pre-determined answer.

Yep.
In prompts like these, it's important that the reasoning is sound, not the result.

This is objectively incorrect.

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Considering you are one of the biggest contributors of this thread, that statement is factuslly wrong.

I'd be lying if I said I don't appreciate you guys holding me in such high regard, apparently.

It’s only me. One person xD

And I am very used to the Fates hate xD

If your remarks on Conquest had any effect on me, you would know. I’m not so fragile as to get upset over someone else’s opinion on a video game.

True, true.
Not saying you are, just... I think it can be disheartening to see a game you like torn into.

I might not actually be able to because I can’t think of three reasons why someone would never take risks... xD

Hmm...
I could think of fear, simply being cautious, a general lack of ambition that would necessitate risks.
Does either one of these work for you?

Stop being so hard on yourself.

I'm genuinely trying not to be.
Thing is, it doesn't work a lot of the time.

Also, as Sooks said, we are used to it. We Fates fans lived through an era where the whole fanbase hated our guts, even if we only liked the gameplay 😛

And because you lived through that era, you don't need an idiot like me doubling down on it.
That's all I'm saying.

And you know that i am super negative when it comes to GBA FE titles and some other games

True, true.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

3mthmjkhpwz11.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

The bett-- NO!

See what I mean?

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not people hating my guts though

Right? xD

No. I don't hate your guts, Sooks. Don't worry.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

In the spirit of FE6, an FE6 meme. xD

image0.jpg

Lilina as the lord of FE6? I'd be all for that.

Do it IS. DO IT!

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And because you lived through that era, you don't need an idiot like me doubling down on it.
That's all I'm saying

More like we developed immunity to it xD

See what I mean?

No, i don't xD

8 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

I don't know the success rate of a tonsil removal, but seriously if the pain doesn't stop, this might be the option.

I'll have to wait and see on that. It's ultimately the doctor's decision on whether I'm referred for it or not.

Well, sure, but I still contributed.

In the most nonaggressive way possible, yes.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

'm genuinely trying not to be.
Thing is, it doesn't work a lot of the time.

relatable.gif

Most of the time, the worst critic is one's self. Unfortunately.

This statement is objectively incorrect because of the bolded word.

54 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

For what it's worth, I screwed up high-school something drastic by missing more days than I attended with migraines. I can tell you while it's possible to fix school results afterwards... the time and effort actually becomes a lot more painful than just doing it right the first time.

I can relate to this! I had three truancy charges against me, lol.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I can relate to this! I had three truancy charges against me, lol.

I'm being literal. I missed over half the school year due to one form of sickness or another. Chronic migraines mostly. Thankfully, the odds of anyone I knew back then seeing this post and remembering who I am... is low. Helps one be forgotten when you barely exist to them.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Same with me to "Echoes bad". xD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

No, i don't xD

I was about to comment "the better Conquest" to that picture of Nepgear, but I stopped myself, because that would be exactly what I was talking about.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

In the most nonaggressive way possible, yes.

Hm, okay. I yield. xD

relatable.gif

Most of the time, the worst critic is one's self. Unfortunately.

Indeed.
Goes for writing, as well.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

This statement is objectively incorrect because of the bolded word.

I... can be pretty stupid, though. xD
Particularly when it comes to figuring stuff out.

---

I hope you will get well soon, @The Roger The Paladin!

---

And I finished Senran Kagura 2 last night (I couldn't sleep, so... my 3DS kept me company).
It's... actually not a bad game at all. The story was awesome, the music was banging, the gameplay is fun (except for one or two bosses, which were just completely unfair in my opinion), and the characters were really likeable. I got Nights of Azure 2 vibes from the final boss theme. And the playable final fight between the two main characters after the credits was amazing (even though you couldn't really win it, there was ending narration over it, but it was still pretty great).
Also, this theme that played during the fight:

:headbangingcat:

Though there is apparently a playable version of that battle, which I still need to get to.
I liked the game enough to the point where I want to 100% it.

One annoying this: To get the Castle music i want and the Lodestar  class, i need to do the Awakening DLC

And that map is very very very annoying.

Basically the Awakening Lunatic experience. 

Well, it's Awakening prologue DLC what did i expect lol

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I was about to comment "the better Conquest" to that picture of Nepgear, but I stopped myself, because that would be exactly what I was talking about.

You wouldn't be saying anything bad or hurtful though, so nope, it's not what you were talking about.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And I finished Senran Kagura 2 last nigh

grats!

And seems you liked it!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I... can be pretty stupid, though. xD
Particularly when it comes to figuring stuff out.

points to me letting my dancer get killed and overall acting like an imbecile when it comes to playing FE6

points to me ending FE10 with four units because I didn't prepare properly

points to me being terrible at FE in general

6hodLTw.png

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And I finished Senran Kagura 2 last night (I couldn't sleep, so... my 3DS kept me company).
It's... actually not a bad game at all. The story was awesome, the music was banging, the gameplay is fun (except for one or two bosses, which were just completely unfair in my opinion), and the characters were really likeable. I got Nights of Azure 2 vibes from the final boss theme. And the playable final fight between the two main characters after the credits was amazing (even though you couldn't really win it, there was ending narration over it, but it was still pretty great).

Great! Glad you enjoyed it.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

There's nothing toxic or negative about that though. Just an opinion you're entitled to have.

looks around the corner to check for the opinion police

>.>

<.<

points to me ending FE10 with four units because I didn't prepare properly

Okay, how? There's literally more units who count as game over than that number.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I hope you will get well soon, @The Roger The Paladin!

Thanks. But I have improved enough to focus on stuff again... hence my recent shilling/new addition in the sig for my LP's return/most recent update.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

points to me being terrible at FE in general

Points to me literally forgetting what house Anna was in during said update.

20 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Lilina as the lord of FE6? I'd be all for that.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Do it IS. DO IT!

One word: Guinevere

I am not joking.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

This xD

Indeed.
Goes for writing, as well.

LIKE YOUR TEACHER TELLING YOU TO WRITE WHAT YOU THINK AND THEN TELLING YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO THINK A CERTAIN WAY

I’m not salty...

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hmm...
I could think of fear, simply being cautious, a general lack of ambition that would necessitate risks.
Does either one of these work for you?

I can see my teacher saying the first two are too similar xD

Also we need examples and they have to be from our lives, and let’s just say... if you watched paint dry, more would be happening than if you watched my life (ignoring parts I can’t or really really shouldn’t write about >.<).

I think I got it, but thank you!

That's all I'm saying.

Having an opinion on A PIECE OF ARTWORK (that is widely regarded of as low quality by the way) =/= being an idiot

No. I don't hate your guts, Sooks. Don't worry.

I already knew ^^

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

❤️

*Memories of 1 hour preps intensify*

What were you doing for so long? xD

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

looks around the corner to check for the opinion police

>.>

<.<

They aren’t here. The teehee thread is a place to share opinions.