Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Monolith had a heavy influence on BotW. Probably why it broke with the same tired Zelda tradition and did something new for once.

Aight, thenMario Oddessey also works as an example.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

SoV looks great

in what world?

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

? You were the one who just mocked the idea that you can expect good visuals from a Nintendo game:

I already say i don't consider BOTW visuals to be terrific. Good for nintendo standards, yes. Why it's better is because it's a main ninty title

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I already say i don't consider BOTW visuals to be terrific. Good for nintendo standards, yes. Why it's better is because it's a main ninty title

I don't consider BotW's visuals terrific either. But it's not about Three Houses visuals being terrific or not. It's about them being utter shit. As in, Fire Emblem games released 12 years ago look better then it. Like... a lot.

I'm also pretty sure Radiant Dawn actually had a good framerate.

Edited by BrightBow

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, I'd say... the visuals wouldn't be that high on the list whenever I ponder if to buy a game or not, just saying...

yeah same. I wouldn't be emulating SNES games to this day otherwise lol, or even buying and playing 16 bit games.

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

but in terms of quality of visuals, that ain't quality. If I'm paying about 90 dollars, I at least want a finished product.

Well I mean....a finished product can still have ugly visuals.

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>Nintendo
>Visuals

Nah, Nintendo can put out great visuals. Sure, they aren't gonna get 4K anytime soon but artstyle is more important. 

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

rarely used Grenadiers actually, except when I absolutely had to. I preferred the OHKO on a radiator of Lancers. Although, given it can take a few CP to get in position for that, I can see that a Grenadier could use the same amount of CP to destroy a tank in multiple hits. I always used the anti-armor weapon and never bothered with the shorter ranged and less accurate anti-personnel/all-purpose artillery.

Grenadiers can also oneshot the radiators if you aim it right. Although I did make it harder on myself because I never realized until the end of the game that I could raise the camera angle to aim better.

So I'd still argue Grenadiers are better than Lancers.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm left a little curious what they'd do for United States of Vinland vs. Unnamed Fictional Japan. This game has mentioned the former, and reading the one Japanese female scout's bio, it is said she's a spy for her country, whose relationship with the USV has soured as of late. Where are they going to find some of descent from the Valkyria of northeastern Europa for that? On the positive side, if they pick the Pacific warfront, the venue is going to be a total 360 from VC4.

A Pacific warfront-themed Valkyria Chronicles would be pretty interesting given it'd mostly be naval battles.

It'll also open up the world too, the series is currently (I actually don't know if they have plans for a fifth) so focused on Not Europe that we don't even have a map for the United States of Vinland because unlike America, Vinland was not involved in Not WW2. I mean, it's probably just a modified USA map but still.

A game set during EW1 would be pretty interesting although just like WW1, it is stated that EW1 was basically trench warfare the entire way through and that doesn't sound like fun.

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

Regardless, TH doesn't really LOOK like a game worth 90$. Most of the FMV cutscenes are pretty good, at least, but that's about it.

Tbf, games cost more in Canada.

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Monolith had a heavy influence on BotW. Probably why it broke with the same tired Zelda tradition and did something new for once.

Monolith had a heavy influence on the world design but I'd imagine the Zelda team was still calling the shots.

If Monolith Soft was completely in control, BotW's world would be not as empty. This isn't me bashing BotW's world, it was still very fun to explore but especially after playing Xenoblade X, BotW Hyrule does feel like Monolith's weakest world. But you know, different philosophies.

See this gam expects you to be pondering the best crops to plant, but that question is for SQUARES.

Me personally, I’m wondering who the best bachelorette is, as every farmer should.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I mean, it's probably just a modified USA map but still.

Calling it now, if that were to happen, showing us their version of North America, there'd be no Baja peninsula because it's pretty much a trend for those kind of maps.

I'm always left to live underwater in not-quite-Earth maps, smh...

I wouldn't have a Switch if I cared about state-of-the-art visuals. But that's no excuse for a game looking ugly like Three Houses.

Three Houses and Vestaria Saga are actually pretty similar in that regard. They both look like a mess of unfitting assets cobbled together. Except Vestaria Saga actually runs well. 
Vestaria Saga is also a free game with no budget. But even besides that, you can most certainly feel the passion and creativity in Vestaria Saga. While Three Houses is your usual Avatar wankfest with minimal strategy.

Edited by BrightBow

Kaga has a lot of passion but he's also a hack who doesn't know what good game design is if it bit him in the ass.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm always left to live underwater in not-quite-Earth maps, smh...

Hey man, look on the bright side. The Baja peninsula will still be there.....I think. Whereas Florida is taking a dive forever in 50-100 years.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

u09JEgh.png

Hmm, staff Rank and higher speed, or better all around stats hmmm

Either way i will need her to be a bow Knight for Ryoma's chapter so she can learn Shuriken Breaker for that map hmmm

Better all around stats and a horse and swords for one-two range if you grabbed the Kodachi.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Hey man, look on the bright side. The Baja peninsula will still be there.....I think. Whereas Florida is taking a dive forever in 50-100 years.

Well, not there exactly. Eventually we'll be an island which eventually crashes into Alaska... but eh, we're still millions of years away from that.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, not there exactly. Eventually we'll be an island which eventually crashes into Alaska... but eh, we're still millions of years away from that.

You know, this reminds me about how I think it'll be absolutely fascinating to see tectonic plates move in real time. You'd need to be immortal for that and have a lot of patience but I'm really curious to see how the separation/unification of a continent would look like from our perspective.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Kodachi.

Eh, low MT and -5 AS really really hurts. Even with 30 SPD xD

Like, i rarely use 1-2 range weapons unless i really need them or with dual attack then tradeequip. I leave ranged physical attacks to Bows and Shuriken xD

I am trending towards Bow Knight myself due to just better stats and skills, then letter on i can switch to adventurer + Arms scroll for staff rank for final maps

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Eh, low MT and -5 AS really really hurts. Even with 30 SPD xD

Like, i rarely use 1-2 range weapons unless i really need them or with dual attack then tradeequip. I leave ranged physical attacks to Bows and Shuriken xD

I am trending towards Bow Knight myself due to just better stats and skills, then letter on i can switch to adventurer + Arms scroll for staff rank for final maps

Right sorry, forgot how Conquest differs from other FEs when I said that