Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

- No Game No Life kinda...? Ruben still can't count, he watched 7.011 animes. Only one episode of this one. This is more what you'd call a generic anime, so to speak. It's about an unbearable, condescending, misogynistic pile of shit who enters the game world with his little loli sister that the anime loves to sexualize. They encounter this other waifu, and the protagonist makes it his life's goal for the episode to ruin her life as much as he possibly can. Then I stopped watching out of sheer disgust.

I found it fun enough, especially within the actual games themselves. Course, it does do the thing that plenty of parodies (which this does to some(?) extent) do which is go way over the top with certain things to the point where you have to ask if it's merely a celebration of these things, especially if it doesn't actually call out hard enough (There's a certain scene you'd easily claim heinous and I do not blame you), I don't blame you hating the guy, I think it's fine you didn't continue.

I made the mistake of watching the movie, which I do not recommend.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

smh didn't even reach episode 6 (i think it was episode 6 that was really wild, don't remember)

The word game? Yeah that's the one.

I'd argue it's more than losing clothes, but yeah this show has a problem considering what it does with the game at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To the moon

Go play the game, you peasant.

...not that I have, either. I probably should, actually. But I'm busy playing Omori.

I played To the Moon ages ago.

I still haven't finished the rest of that series.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Soren lied and told people he was blessed by spirits or something like that iirc

Yeah but Radiant Dawn establishes that Laguz can sense Branded. You get this with Vika who's like "idk, something seems off about Micaiah".

.....actually, that whole thing about Laguz being able to sense Branded is dropped like immediately. It's only brought up twice.

Idk, i just think the concept of the Branded is not as thought out as it could've been.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

They play some game where they keep losing clothes.

...Oh, please...

It was...Wild

Yes, wild is a word that you could use to describe it. I would use multiple words. In no particular order, those words would be "glad", "I, "so", "stopped", "am", "I", "watching".

Already did. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars agooo. And just bought the sequel during the steam sale and will probably play it soon.

Oof... I guess I am the peasant. I watched a playthrough, but it was so long ago that I hold no memories. Like, none at all. Hmm... Perhaps after Omori.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I made the mistake of watching the movie, which I do not recommend.

That's the complete opposite of my friend's opinion. He told me he recommended the anime mostly for the movie. I didn't trust it enough to watch it.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's the complete opposite of my friend's opinion. He told me he recommended the anime mostly for the movie. I didn't trust it enough to watch it.

I am concerned about why your friend liked it.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but Radiant Dawn establishes that Laguz can sense Branded. You get this with Vika who's like "idk, something seems off about Micaiah".

.....actually, that whole thing about Laguz being able to sense Branded is dropped like immediately. It's only brought up twice.

Idk, i just think the concept of the Branded is not as thought out as it could've been.

They also handwave in the other direction by Soren being thought of as someone who made a pact with a spirit, which we learn is a thing from Soren's backstory (a mage took him in because he had this mark that he thought meant he made a pact super young) and from Pelleas who also did that.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now I'm curious. Explain the movie to me. What is it about?

Backstory long before the anime about a guy and loli Mecha

or something like that, don't exactly remember

Edited by Shrimperor

Ruben, if you're looking for recommendations, I'd say go with Fullmetal Alchemist (Watch '03 and Brotherhood in that order), and Cowboy Bebop.

FMA '03 is a slower-paced character study that is very early-mid 2000's (the protagonist looks like Reese!), while Brotherhood is a fast-paced action show. '03 was started while the manga was ongoing, and since they didn't want to add a ton of filler and make the show super long, with the creator's permission, they wrote their own version that just shared some similar plot threads with the manga. Brotherhood is a more direct adaptation of the manga, starting in 2009, and uses the first 10 or so episodes to reintroduce and recap stuff that it shares with '03 before new stuff starts happening. Both are really good shows, though I prefer '03 due to the heavier tone, aesthetics, and pace.

Cowboy Bebop is short, just 26 episodes, about a crew of misfit bounty hunters in space in the style of a spaghetti western. It's charming with fantastic character writing and a really good story, even though most of the show is an almost Star Trek-esque villain-of-the-week thing. It and FMA '03 are my favorite anime shows, though Evangelion comes close. 

Eh, anime I've watched to completion or some semblance of it...

Short version:

Toradora! - 9.5/10

My first and still my favorite. Likable/lovable cast, good character development, although the ending was a bit weak.

Fruits Basket - 9.5/10

The best I've watched, as far as quality goes. A slow burner, but one that's done well. Looking forward to the next season. I might read the manga in the meantime.

Kaguya season 1 - 8.5/10

Good humor, likable characters, awesome OPs.

K-On season 1 - 8/10

Good, although after a while the niche of "cute girls doing cute things" gets a bit tired. Not much going on. Music is fantastic.

Yeah...I haven't watched much anime. I find that I'm more into manga, tbh.

I like how quickly I can read a few chapters and come back later. Easy to get into, for me anyway.

Edited by twilitfalchion

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now I'm curious. Explain the movie to me. What is it about?

It's set as a prequel to the show which is in full on war. This is not my issue.

Spoiler

My issue is the dynamic of the two main characters, who look suspiciously like the protagonists of the show, who are shown as developing a romantic relationship over time, they die having seemingly failed to prevent the risk of humanity's destruction only for the guy's imaginary friend to take shape into a god (the one you've seen in the show) and stop the war............

Then the show hints they were reincarnated into the protags. You know, the siblings (who even while adopted have been so for a long time and at least Sora has shown no interest in her. The sister sadly........)

Keep in mind I was kinda curious about a sequel season, but the movie dented that.

Spara's recommendations are great, especially FMA (moreso FMAB), but my experience of Bebop's suboptimal. I'll also mention Trigun if you take a look at the start and are interested beyond that, Avatar despite being not quite anime, Monster if you want something a bit more thriller and horror and a know Adventure Time's not anime, but it's still great, I will stand on that hill.

Edited by Dayni

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I mean, Avatar is still my favorite "anime," even if it's not technically an anime. It's the best show I've watched even now.

Agreed on that front. No other show has ever really reached the pure beauty of ATLA for me. LOK was still good overall, but I don't think it was possible to ever quite recapture ATLA's magic.

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Ruben, if you're looking for recommendations, I'd say go with Fullmetal Alchemist (Watch '03 and Brotherhood in that order), and Cowboy Bebop.

Heard great things of both. Unfortunately, by "heard great things" I mean I've ran into massive spoilers for FMA over the years. And by "massive spoilers", I mean... Everything. Pretty much everything. Soooooo yeah. Meh.

...Not Cowboy Bebop, actually. I know next to nothing about that one.

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

Cowboy Bebop is short, just 26 episodes

Oho, yes? That's interesting... Hmm. Perhaps, perhaps.

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

the protagonist looks like Reese!

Always a plus: Have Berwick Saga in any way, shape or form.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah...I haven't watched much anime. I find that I'm more into manga, tbh.

I can give you guys the full list of mangas I've read too!

- Berserk. Friend strikes again with a recommendation. I despised Guts's guts for the longest time, but the Golden Age arc changed my perception of him and the manga as a whole completely. Then it ended (and what an ending, too), and I gradually lost interest because everything after Golden Age was just not nearly as good. The last arc I read, I simply couldn't take seriously because the bad guy looked like an even more ridiculous Barth. Spent the entire arc laughing my ass off.

- Shuumatsu no Valkyrie: Another Friend Recommendation. Fun fights, cool visuals, funny characters, no plot whatsoever. It's fun, and that's about it.

-

...That's it, yeah.

Oh, and for cartoons, there's not even a list. It's one. One. See if you can guess it.

Recommendations, huh... hmm... anything that has appeared in SRW ever.

Still, it's hard to just say one or two...

Macross! I'd totally recommend Macross. And I truly mean Macross. Not Robotech. There's a difference!

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Unfortunately, by "heard great things" I mean I've ran into massive spoilers for FMA over the years. And by "massive spoilers", I mean... Everything. Pretty much everything. Soooooo yeah. Meh.

Ah, that's kinda shit. For both shows, too, or just one of them?

Either way, they're still super fun to watch through. I'd say to watch through them despite the spoilers, because there's a lot of craft in the shows to appreciate. Both have beautiful soundtracks and really nice aesthetics that augment a lot of the scenes.

Ha you suck Shrimpy, I am the true manga lord. If you add three zeros to my manga count, I have read so many more than you.

...Did you know manga in Spanish means sleeve? It does! Isn't that funny?

Just now, Spara said:

Ah, that's kinda shit. For both shows, too, or just one of them?

Both.

Just now, Spara said:

Either way, they're still super fun to watch through. I'd say to watch through them despite the spoilers, because there's a lot of craft in the shows to appreciate. Both have beautiful soundtracks and really nice aesthetics that augment a lot of the scenes.

Spoilers never stopped me. Heck, sometimes it was spoilers that got me interested in something. So yeah. Duly noted