Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10/10

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Speaking of, I just noticed. Why the hell is there a random Mackily armor knight trapped in the middle of the mountain ridge?

To prevent you going that way early on.

They have dialogue if you get someone to talk to them.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

...Speaking of, I just noticed. Why the hell is there a random Mackily armor knight trapped in the middle of the mountain ridge?

I know he is part of a hidden event. Don't remember how to trigger it, though.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Serenes Forest has this to say:

Mackily Soldier

(Chapter 2)

After Hierhein is conquered, have a male character wait adjacent to the neutral Mackily soldier, which is blocking passage to Mackily via the mountain path directly north of Evans castle, for a minor conversation to occur.

Oh man, I have been away too long from this board if I am missing Saint Rubenio's comments on my favorite FE. I may have to dig a little deeper, but I wont annoy anyone with comments on things from days ago (?)

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, Finn's probably not going to marry, because I'm not entirely sure how heritage works, but I seem to recall reading that the guy gets stripped of all his possessions if he has a child. So I guess Nanna will be erased from history so he can keep his brave lance.

If you loss an item/weapon through inheritance, you get it back in the second gen as a dropped item/weapon (OK there are some exceptions like the pursuit and knight ring...), so you can get that Hero Lance back on Finn if he marries (you just have to wait about a chapter to do it...)

Fun fact: The person that inspired me to finally try out Genealogy adviced me to avoid pairing people so I could get the true Kaga experience.

Not sure what to make of that. Arden at least has to marry. The rest... meh. I definitely want to avoid making gen 2 too easy, so I'll probably not try too hard to get people laid.

Interesting point, and probably true. Kaga always expected people to be willing to continue on after messing up horribly...

Also I will suggest having Azel marry someone as well, that way you can see the only mention of the Fire Emblem in all of Jugdral.

As a second extra comment, if you actually have Arden marry, you should look up where to send him for the chapter 5 secret event. Almost no one sees it as it requires Arden to marry...someone at IS really loved the idea of someone actually using that terrible unit (OK, to be fair, the weapon ranks of his promoted class are actually kinda amazing...)

Sigurd just got demolished by Elliot. I was led astray, this guy is no Seth. Solo Genealogy my ass!

I feel any mention of Soloing Genealogy needs the asterisk that the first gen has been soloed with every character in the game (Arden included...)

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Did Sylvia just say "I like it rough!"?

...You know what, I'm just going to pretend I never read that.

Marry her to Alec, their convo is rather...interesting...OK, you'll hate it, so probably don't...

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Huh... How interesting. Didn't know this game's AI was so intricate. I guess the whole "clever AI" thing wasn't just a meme.

I will also note that the "clever AI" is much more consistent, the normal AI is a lot more random in its attack behavior, while "clever AI" goes for kills (or setting up kills).

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

To prevent you going that way early on.

They have dialogue if you get someone to talk to them.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Serenes Forest has this to say:

Mackily Soldier

(Chapter 2)

After Hierhein is conquered, have a male character wait adjacent to the neutral Mackily soldier, which is blocking passage to Mackily via the mountain path directly north of Evans castle, for a minor conversation to occur.

Oh no, I get that one. The one blocking the road is obvious, he's like the Anphony cavaliers before capturing Heirheim.

I'm talking about this bloke here.

Elt0xurt o

He's completely trapped. There's no way for him to move, or for anyone to reach him. What's up with him?

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I may have to dig a little deeper, but I wont annoy anyone with comments on things from days ago (?)

Actually, I started yesterday. So knock yourself out!

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

if you actually have Arden marry, you should look up where to send him for the chapter 5 secret event. Almost no one sees it as it requires Arden to marry...someone at IS really loved the idea of someone actually using that terrible unit (OK, to be fair, the weapon ranks of his promoted class are actually kinda amazing...)

I might look this up. Trying to go in as blind as possible (read, I recognized the Arden Beach from memes and reading a screenshot LP like 6 years ago, so not that blind, but still mostly blind), but this sounds too hilarious not to check out. Really, anything Arden is memey enough that I wouldn't feel bad about looking it up. Not that I needed to, in this case.

In any case, Macbeth is down and Anphony is up for grabs. I'll do it tomorrow, though. It's a bit late, and I'm tired. Maybe I'll just take a quick stroll to Nordion and check how Ardeen is coming along before I go to bed.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh no, I get that one. The one blocking the road is obvious, he's like the Anphony cavaliers before capturing Heirheim.

I'm talking about this bloke here.

Elt0xurt o

He's completely trapped. There's no way for him to move, or for anyone to reach him. What's up with him?

We're talking about that guy.

You can get the convo with that one.

As for why that pass exists.... you'll see.

So much genealogy...

53 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Reminds me of the infamous dejap translation of Tales of Phantasia for the PS1.

That was...something.

As a not... Tales fan, I do not know of what you’re referring to.

What happened there?

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmph... F-Fates bad still.

Shhh... it’s okay... Rinkah is always there for you....

50 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Yes Benice, you must fight against the animes!

Saltiron.

47 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Do kids these days just say "anime" when we used to say "ecchi"?

Everyone these days, really.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The dot, goddamnit. The dot makes all the difference. I'm sure someone that knows Japanese would agree with me!

That applies with accents in Spanish. Same language right?

Edited by Sooks

WHAT!? AIDEEN LIKES MIDIR MORE!?

Midir has to die.

...Okay, maybe not, I just checked and apparently, although their starting love is higher, their growth is actually lower than the one she has with Arden. For... some reason.

Oh my God, but Jamke has 250 to start with... I can overtake both if I have Arden and Aideen stick together forever, I'm sure (according to Arden's augury, Aideen already fancies him, which means at least 200 points - for reference, Midir is at the same level), but it's going to take a bit more planning than I first thought. Heh, maybe them falling behind this badly was a blessing in disguise.

Then again, maybe I'm mistaken. The Serenes page has the old augury lines, so I can't tell if I'm doing this correctly.

...And that's the story of how I went out of my way to figure out the intricacies of love, with the sole purpose of getting Arden married, and Arden alone. Very me, I must say.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

We're talking about that guy.

You can get the convo with that one.

As for why that pass exists.... you'll see.

What...? Is it even possible to get to that guy? I mean, I guess I've got a save. I can check.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So much genealogy...

Blame me. And Arden.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That applies with accents in Spanish. Same language right?

We do have accents, but they're not dots... usually. There's one exception, but it's not that common.

What...? Is it even possible to get to that guy? I mean, I guess I've got a save. I can check.

So long as the unit can get over the green hills below, yes.

So not your horses. Or Arden? I think yeah, not Arden.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So long as the unit can get over the green hills below, yes.

So not your horses. Or Arden? I think yeah, not Arden.

I might reset and check it out, though I better be careful to disable autosaves or I'll die in real life. I hope Kaga self-inserts into the game to call me an idiot for going all that way.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We do have accents, but they're not dots... usually. There's one exception, but it's not that common.

Théÿ’rè śîmīłãr thôùgh. Lïttlê åddítìøńš thåt ćäñ çhâńgē wõrds.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I might reset and check it out, though I better be careful to disable autosaves or I'll die in real life. I hope Kaga self-inserts into the game to call me an idiot for going all that way.

This reminds me, you do use multiple saves, right? There is no way to reset to the start of a map.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

This reminds me, you do use multiple saves, right? There is no way to reset to the start of a map.

I do. One save at the start of every chapter, then file 1 for the autosaves. Maybe I should do more, like a save after every castle, but... Meh.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Théÿ’rè śîmīłãr thôùgh. Lïttlê åddítìøńš thåt ćäñ çhâńgē wõrds.

Oh God, language was a mistake.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

40 minutes ago, Sooks said:

As a not... Tales fan, I do not know of what you’re referring to.

What happened there?

A girl, Arche, sleeps and has romantic dreams, which she talks about and others overhear as she sleeps. The fan "translation" had the maturity of a 12 year-old straight male, so the romantic dream being Arche talks about was positively charged with sexual energy, when it could be more innocent than that. And one character, commenting on Arche's sleep talk, says "Arche ducks like a tiger".

"Ducks" is me changing one letter, you know what word I mean.

Fan translations in video games used to always be that way. It's better now.

Although Arche isn't entirely innocent, there is one later scene where she doesn't want to meet with or can't meet a unicorn, which requires a "pure maiden" to interact with. The official North American GBA version of the game, which I felt was professional quality (minus turning one little mention of "Ragnarok" into "Kangaroo"), I distinctly remember had Arche say after the unicorn scene "I had a boyfriend once...".

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A girl, Arche, sleeps and has romantic dreams, which she talks about and others overhear as she sleeps. The fan "localization" had the maturity of 12 year-old-straight-male, so the romantic dream being Arche talks about was positively charged with sexual energy, when it could be more innocent than that. And one character, commenting on Arche's sleep talk, says "Arche ducks like a tigers".

"Ducks" is me changing one letter, you know what word I mean.

Fan translations in video games used to always be that way. It's better now.

Although Arche isn't entirely innocent, there is one later scene where she doesn't want to meet with or can't meet a unicorn, which requires a pure maiden to interact with. The official North American GBA version of the game, which I felt was professional quality (minus turning one little mention of "Ragnarok" into "Kangaroo"), I distinctly remember had Arche say after the unicorn scene "I had a boyfriend once...".

Ohhh a fanslation?

Ohhh

That makes more sense.

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..Okay, maybe not, I just checked and apparently, although their starting love is higher, their growth is actually lower than the one she has with Arden. For... some reason

What...? Midir is a guy, though.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And then there was the point where Kaga apparently considered letting only one child per pairing randomly be born. Which is interesting... as a randomizer mod, not so much as the only mode for things. Not that it'd be hair-pulling to get one child vs. the other, but it could be a little screwy with your pairing plans.

You know, this is more in-line with what Kaga would do. It does also explain why each mother has two kids, which even among the games with child units, is unique.

I'd say, Phantasia needs another localization... been a while since the last port/remake. Let's have another! With localization please.

On that subject, localize Narikiri Dungeon while we're at it. And Summoner's Lineage.

---

Anyway... man, apparently I got hired during a busy week or something. Third day straight I was asked if I could stay for some extra time. I stayed this time, now that I could use a chair because... phew, my feet are still killing me.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Live footage of Rubeino chasing @twilitfalchion to the ends of the Earth

Ha. Love that clip.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know, reading around Pyra/Mythra reactions it feels like i am one of 5 people who really really hates the smash leggings xD

Especially Pyra's

Yet somehow it's making people more horny lmao

I dunno. I prefer the leggings. Based on style alone, I think Mythra in particular looks really great.

shrugs

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, there's something charming of the Game Boy Color's rendition of Fighting of the Spirit...

Perfect for Mega Man vs. the Summons. Remember, the Undine Geyser isn't actually effective on Volt, the Undine Geyser beats Efreet, the Efreet Punch beat Celsius, the Celsius Blast beat Luna, Luna Rays beats Shadow, Shadow Bomb beats Slyph, Slyphid Wings beats Gnone, Gnome Shovel beats Volt, Volt Orb beats Undine. 

You're right, it is unusually good. Most people wouldn't associate the GameBoy Color with good music, and the GBA was infamous on the sound quality front. Excellent rendition for the technical limitations!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yet somehow it's making people more horny lmao

What is forbidden, is exotic. It's simple. Make something hard to get, and some people will want it more. Thus, all female video games characters henceforth should always dress conservatively! 

IRL though... nah, I'll spare you the TMI.😛