• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Kgp59uve o

There we go, now that I'm making a dumb face, it's perfect.

Now it's time to watch events unfold while a single yellow mage keeps me from moving forward with his force fields.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I might be the only person here who really just knows nothing about genealogy, heh.

Arden top tier you better use it or you die irl

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now it's time to watch events unfold while a single yellow mage keeps me from moving forward with his force fields.

There are times I like events being told using actual gameplay in FE. Chapter 4 Genealogy is not one of them. It'd be soooooooo easy to run over and defend Silesia Castle, but no, you have to watch as Queen Rahna is as hapless as Maria Theresa to invasion. And it drags on too long. 

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There are times I like events being told using actual gameplay in FE. Chapter 4 Genealogy is not one of them. It'd be soooooooo easy to run over and defend Silesia Castle, but no, you have to watch as Queen Rahna is as hapless as Maria Theresa to invasion. And it drags on too long. 

You know, it just hit me that maybe this was supposed to be the time you employ to backtrack from Castle Thove.

Except I expected people to swarm Sailane, so instead I'm just waiting. Whoop-de-doo.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe remove the blank background from Kaga as well...

Too much effort.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah that's one of my main complaints of FE4

Sure, big maps are cool and all (in concept), but they are never used to their full capacity due to stupid forcefields.

Just now, Benice said:

Hey @Shrimperor, d'you happen to know how to make staves work in SRPG studio? The Staff item type doesn't seem to function.

Don't you just have to give them the desired status? Atleast that's how i remember doing it..

But i only created like, warp or something, based on the warp orb already in game

I do indeed know that it exists and of the incest.

Let’s see... Sigurd is the lord, and he marries Deirdre, and Arvis is the villain. The game introduced the weapon triangle and has massive maps, which have like castle thingies you’re supposed to leave a unit at or something? Eldigan and Lachesis are characters... so are Hilda, Sylvia and Brigid. Your characters can get married and have children who you play as during gen 2, who get replaced with substitutes if you leave people unmarried. The children are supposed to be really good. Gen 1’s story is supposedly really good and “one of the best stories in fe” and Gen 2’s is supposedly “fates tier” and I think it has an evil cult and/or a dragon. Everyone in gen 1 dies at some point or another. I think that’s it.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Arden top tier you better use it or you die irl

Oh yes, Arden exists.

Edited by Sooks

I swear, this generic fucking mage is the main villain of this chapter. He's not even allied with the enemies! He's on our side, he's with Silesse! And yet he's like "nope, you ain't gonna help my liege, we're gonna stand our ground no matter what because I'm too lazy to turn off the force fields!"

Just now, Sooks said:

Oh yes, Arden exists.

He does more than exist. He conquers the hearts of maiden and... manden? Alike. He is a titan among men. Top tier.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Don't you just have to give them the desired status? Atleast that's how i remember doing it..

Hm...

I'll have to ask the Discord.

1 minute ago, Robert Stewart said:

Un-fun fact: Steam's default screenshot button is Vestaria Saga's reset button, apparently.

Ah, yeah. You can turn it off, though. In fact, you can just turn off Steam's overlay in general. I did it, it doesn't jibe well with Vestaria's resolution.

I love how all of this chapter's bosses are recolors. All of them. You'd think at least Daccar might be important enough to warrant his own sprite, but... Then again, friggin' Chagall is reused, so what do I know.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I swear, this generic fucking mage is the main villain of this chapter. He's not even allied with the enemies! He's on our side, he's with Silesse! And yet he's like "nope, you ain't gonna help my liege, we're gonna stand our ground no matter what because I'm too lazy to turn off the force fields!"

The evil side of gatekeepers.

2 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Un-fun fact: Steam's default screenshot button is Vestaria Saga's reset button, apparently.

:facepalm:

So it worked?

Oh wait, not all of them! Lamia's not a recolor. She's kind of an edit, but still, good enough! I do have to wonder why they keep using the unique sprites on randos, though. The same thing happened with Macbeth.

Also, those are the 100 EXP civilians I've heard about, aren't they? Gee, Beowulf, Alec, Noish and Midir sure could use 'em to get closer to promotion!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah that's one of my main complaints of FE4

Sure, big maps are cool and all (in concept), but they are never used to their full capacity due to stupid forcefields.

If there weren't any forcefields, we could get multi-front wars on these huge maps, that'd be more dynamic. Realistic too, since many a war has had multiple fronts. It could potentially cut down on the backtracking in Chapter 2 for instance, provided we endowed a few non-Sigurd characters with the power of the Seize command, Quan would be a good choice.

The story would need to be able to accommodate the capture of castles in different sequences, but it could be done.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

:facepalm:

So it worked?

Well, I was able to complete the demo, at any rate. I don't own the full game.

But now that i know it's compatible with Wine, I'll grab it next time it's on sale.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If there weren't any forcefields, we could get multi-front wars on these huge maps, that'd be more dynamic. Realistic too, since many a war has had multiple fronts. It could potentially cut down on the backtracking in Chapter 2 for instance, provided we endowed a few non-Sigurd characters with the power of the Seize command, Quan would be a good choice.

That's how i always imagine how FE4 should've been.

Kinda like Warriors games, but in FE format, so to say.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That's how i always imagine how FE4 should've been.

Kinda like Warriors games, but in FE format, so to say.

That would've been cool. Certainly would've improved a couple of the maps I've seen so far. Of course, measures would have to be taken to prevent the entire game from being spawncamped.