• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

You said people commonly say that Hannibal has the worst growths in the series. Or at least, implied it.

I don't know where people said he had some of the worst growths in the series.

I can tell you the last time there was a large rating thread for Genealogy, he was considered one of the worst units. As in he had the lowest rating of the entire cast. Poor guy.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

You said people commonly say that Hannibal has the worst growths in the series. Or at least, implied it.

That's... not what I said at all, actually. I said (not other people, me) that Hannibal's growths are the worst in the game. That's a fact. A fact that should not stop you from using him, because his beard growth y'see, that's the highest in the game, and everyone knows beard is the best stat.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

And he’s an armor knight.

Even better!

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I don't know where people said he had some of the worst growths in the series.

I can tell you the last time there was a large rating thread for Genealogy, he was considered one of the worst units. As in he had the lowest rating of the entire cast. Poor guy.

I mean, objectively speaking he's... I dunno, he defends the base castle from the last stretch's dracoknight invasion really well, so I could see that as an argument to put him above Arden, but beyond that...

But the beard, man. He's one of two people in Genealogy with facial hair, and poor lil' Oifey and his handlebar just get put to shame.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, objectively speaking he's... I dunno, he defends the base castle from the last stretch's dracoknight invasion really well, so I could see that as an argument to put him above Arden, but beyond that...

Spoilers inside.

Spoiler

I mean you can get away with fighting none of them.

I know I had Hannibal with the rest of my forces, little as he did.

Arden also has THE POWER OF PURSUIT and the enemies are just bad.

Blast from the past right here.

Edited by Dayni

So, I just checked what the chest in 11-1 of Berwick had, just to see what I missed out on due to no thieves...

It was a Vanishstone. A VANISHSTONE. DAMNIT.

That would be so good for 12-m, but maybe there's one still in the shop I can nab...

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's... not what I said at all, actually. I said (not other people, me) that Hannibal's growths are the worst in the game. That's a fact. A fact that should not stop you from using him, because his beard growth y'see, that's the highest in the game, and everyone knows beard is the best stat.

Oh. Well. Great memory for me.

I mean, I can use everyone anyway...

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Spoilers inside.

Hide contents

I mean you can get away with fighting none of them.

I know I had Hannibal with the rest of my forces, little as he did.

Arden also has THE POWER OF PURSUIT and the enemies are just bad.

The POWAH is debatable in the same way as Sophia's guiding ring in FE6 is debatable. Sure, both are extremely good items (heck, Arden's even more so), but can you really give the unit points for it when the only reason they're the only ones that can get it is because the developer felt like it? It's not like it's something that Arden or Sophia can accomplish due to their own merits. They don't even have to fight, they just have to walk there and be otherwise useless. A green unit could do that.

On the other hand, defending the castle that one time is legit utility that Hannibal can pull off at base... But if you're fast, you skip that part altogether and Hannibal gets to do absolutely nothing the entire game.

There's arguments for both being better than the other, I feel. There's no argument that they're both the bottom top two of Genealogy, that's for sure.

12 minutes ago, Spara said:

So, I just checked what the chest in 11-1 of Berwick had, just to see what I missed out on due to no thieves...

It was a Vanishstone. A VANISHSTONE. DAMNIT.

That would be so good for 12-m, but maybe there's one still in the shop I can nab...

Ah yeah, that stone. Czene's random-ass conversation requirement continues to torment you...

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh. Well. Great memory for me.

It's okay, it happens to all of us.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, I can use everyone anyway...

Yes! Hannibal! Now have him kill the final boss. By the power of the beard.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Arden is actually genuinely decent on the prologue map. Probably in the first half of chapter 1 too.

I mean, yeah, he can function... But at that point the question becomes, why drag him around to be "decent" instead of letting the actually good units get all the experience?

On the other hand, Hannibal isn't going to be doing much long-term, so sending him back to base in chapter 9 to defend so you have the full might of your good units to face the dracomaster squad is a legit good use of the guy.

Mind, I'm trying to argue for objective utility in fast play here. This is a field that is... pretty much completely foreign to me, so please bear with me. How did we even get to this point? Arden and Hannibal both good cause memes, there we go. I mean, Hannibal doesn't even get memes, but he does get the Jugdral Beard. Good enough in my book.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

It might be needed to rig that outcome. Since the final boss has Awareness + Wrath. So it's difficult for characters without Awareness themselves to survive. To say nothing of the issue to even deal damage in the first place.

Edited by BrightBow

I hope they enjoyed the time they spent together while it lasted...

5T52JwM.png

Anyway, I've done three pairings. The biggest challenge now is to make Claude fall in love with Erinys.

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Why battle if all you get from it is coins?

Honestly, I can apply this to any other games with combat that don't give out EXP. Like Zelda. Most fights in Zelda don't actually give you anything apart from a few rupees so why bother?

Origami King isn't an RPG so I don't mind the lack of EXP. It was a problem in Sticker Star because that game did try to be an RPG.....wait, no it didn't. Sticker Star just sucked.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

I hope they enjoyed the time they spent together while it lasted...

5T52JwM.png

Anyway, I've done three pairings. The biggest challenge now is to make Claude fall in love with Erinys.

That is a tough pairing to pull off thanks to how little time they have together. Well done!