Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Okay, what in the world is happening here. Hawke's light tome broke in the arena, so I repaired it. However, he doesn't have it equipped now, and the option to equip it doesn't appear. The guy's unarmed until I can get him in range of an enemy and attack... Except he can't reach anyone and without WTA he stands more of a chance to die to siege tomes.

Why, Kaga. Why.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

"Gah! Lord Julius... I crave your pardon..."

That moment when you have so many generic garbage bags that you run out of ways to phrase "Urgh... please forgive me, my liege..." for their death quotes and have to get creative. Heck, that was probably all Project Naga, too. I bet in the original all of these clowns parrot that same line when they keel over.

Anyway, Edda seized. Siege tome and sleep staff spam forced me to just quickly carve a path through with Seliph and Ares alone. And now Lewyn's going to try to make me feel bad about the fact that Claude died a virgin. Yeah, couldn't care less, sorry. Am I going to get a spiel like this for every castle whose dynasties I ended via meteors?

Just now, Benice said:

21 SPEED ON ESTEBAN

NOTHING CAN STOP THE POWER OF PURSUIT ANYMORE

That'll help him to deal with the maps that he makes harder by existing, that's for sure.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, what in the world is happening here. Hawke's light tome broke in the arena, so I repaired it. However, he doesn't have it equipped now, and the option to equip it doesn't appear. The guy's unarmed until I can get him in range of an enemy and attack... Except he can't reach anyone and without WTA he stands more of a chance to die to siege tomes.

Why, Kaga. Why.

Huh... never heard of anything like that. I suppose it's not too surprising a bug given that broken times can't be equipped, unlike broken weapons.

Anyway, try saving and loading. Not even joking. The game has some dissonances that occur between a map being set up at the beginning of a chapter and a map being loaded by accessing a save. From my understanding, Project Naga fixed some of those. The most prominent being Celice's missing 3rd Leadership Star. But I would imagine there is still some stuff that can be fixed by simply loading.

Speaking of glitches, do not use Celice's dismount ability. It has a nasty bug that causes Celice to be permanently greyed out until he is refreshed by a dancer.
...not that there is ever any reason to use it, but there is also no harm in knowing.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, Shrimperor said:

iJ8Xq5LFUddW7Tf2iErhKjH2HeWiCmgMyV17MUip

How about no? You were utterly useless the time I played Echoes.

Just now, BrightBow said:

Huh... never heard of anything like that. I suppose it's not too surprising a bug given that broken times can't be equipped, unlike broken weapons.

I think the problem here is that, when you only have one weapon, the equip menu doesn't even come up. Which is fine, usually, since having only one weapon means you've no need to equip anything. However, in this context, it left the poor guy without a way to increase his chances against meteors. The one chance for this little glitch to be actually detrimental, and I went and found it. Great work, me.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Speaking of glitches, do not use Celice's dismount ability. It has a nasty bug that causes Celice to be permanently greyed out until he is refreshed by a dancer.
...not that there is every any reason to use it, but there is also no harm in knowing.

Gee, and here I thought the Dew bridge was a harsh penalty for Ironmanning. In gen 2 you can potentially get softlocked if you lose Lene/Laylea!

Fuck Brian is amazing, I think he'll survive the war because I can't see my units beating him without serious trouble. I'll have to go for a backcap.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Finn's dead because Brian. Guh...

Goodness, how am I going to deal with this? I might have to reset the entire thing, the way this is looking.

...Or I could sacrifice Tristan and Rodolbahn. They're still chilling at the castle, because they're completely useless. Hmmmm... Might be worth considering.

Just now, BrightBow said:

This is Tristan's time to shine. With critical hits, he can punch through Brian's 47 defense. Go Tristan!

He died too soon and then Chalphy fell. Brian didn't even lift a finger.

I think I can do this, but it'll require someone sturdier than Tristan. Someone who'll survive the onslaught of knights.

Or maybe I can just deploy Rodolbahn and have him act as a second layer of wall. Worth a try, I mean, I really would rather try everything before resetting the chapter.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He died too soon and then Chalphy fell. Brian didn't even lift a finger.

I think I can do this, but it'll require someone sturdier than Tristan. Someone who'll survive the onslaught of knights.

Or maybe I can just deploy Rodolbahn and have him act as a second layer of wall. Worth a try, I mean, I really would rather try everything before resetting the chapter.

Don't you have the Sleep Staff?

At this point, virtually every item should have reappeared in the shop.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Don't you have the Sleep Staff?

It has been broken for ages, and healers have a hard time getting money. Also I'm bad.

EDIT: Oh, and the guy's resistance is sky high due to his axe, so I couldn't sleep him even if I had the thing.

Well, at any rate, Rodolbahn did a good job of defending the castle. He survived until Brian, and somehow dodged three tosses from him, but the guy just kept going, so Rodolbahn eventually faltered. Sucks to be Radney, she was standing at the foot of the castle when her brother fell. A heroic sacrifice, it was.

Problem is, now I have to count on Tristan again...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Yeah, I miscalculated anyway. No way you are going to have a staff user with more then 27 magic. Or 22 with the Magic Ring, as the case may be.
The only way this could work is with the Sleep Sword. ...with a 3% success rate.

But it might be worth pointing out that there are more ways to gain the Critical skill then... well, having the Critical skill. You can also get it by putting siblings adjutant to each other. Same with lovers. Any weapon with more then 50 kills will also give you the Critical skill. And of course, effective weapons work by making every attack a critical hit.

Edited by BrightBow

Tristan didn't dodge even a single attack. What a useless schmuck this fool is. The second it's up to him, he dies, no questions asked.

I might have to sacrifice Arden's son to buy a turn, then Rodolbahn to buy another. Then Altena can make it to Dagon (nice to see him again, by the way. Where's the funny hat though?) and Seliph can seize in the same turn.

Tristan is so bad that he doesn't even work as a sacrifice. I am baffled that it is possible to be this pathetic.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I just spent like an hour in the arena moving around funds and the paragon band and strategically resetting the RNG with promoted units who didn’t need exp to maximize exp gain on my lower level units in my attempt to use everyone. And it worked! I got a couple units to promote (Johalvier and Lester) and every other unit is at least level 16 (except Nanna who only got to use the paragon band for her first two battles because she’s... really bad? I had to sell it, give her more gold to buy a skill ring, a speed ring, and a brave sword just to clear the arena (and even then she got pretty good rng (although part of that is due to pavise, boo pavise))) though the ones that are are very close to 17. And they said shipping in gen 2 was useless. Hah!

Edited by Sooks

FAYE HAS 67 CRIT

WAIT HELP NO SHE WAS BERSERKED THIS IS BAD

Edited by Benice

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just spent like an hour in the arena

See, I don't do this. I probably should, it might've prevented stuff like Seliph being underleveled until chapter 10, but... God, it's too tedious.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

FAYE HAS 67 CRIT

WAIT HELP NO SHE WAS BERSERKED THIS IS BAD

Have Alvina run far, far away. Now.

Okay, Tristan. Attempt number 124923752348572756. Please don't instantly die. Please. I'm begging you.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Hah! 12 strength Esteban!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Have Alvina run far, far away. Now.

It's Saphira and Vester that I'm worried about...

Dork cardinal is down! Faye's now capped sword as well.* I'm hoping that I got Kramer enough happiness so that I can get his paralogue...

unless the cap is 70 for her, but I think it's 60.

Yes! Tristan did it! He dodged once! The axe knight then decided that he really wanted to hug the gate of Chalphy instead of canto'ing away. And then Brian demolished Tristan, but who cares? He did something, for once in his sorry existence!

Also,

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck, that was probably all Project Naga, too. I bet in the original all of these clowns parrot that same line when they keel over.

This turned out to be prophetic. Dagon has the exact same battle and death quotes as the garbage bag in Edda whose name I've already forgotten. That's... absolutely hilarious.

And with that, House Dozel is no more. Except, y'know, for the fact that the lord of Dozel is still alive out there somewhere. Ah, well, no time to dwell on that. I like how Lewyn doesn't take the time to reminisce about Lex like he did with Claude. Sucks to be him, I guess.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

See, I don't do this. I probably should, it might've prevented stuff like Seliph being underleveled until chapter 10, but... God, it's too tedious.

Most of that time was spent planning and resetting RNG.