• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Are you doing a ranked run?

Not really, just trying to ironman the game while playing as fast as I feel comfortable playing.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, what in the world is happening here. Hawke's light tome broke in the arena, so I repaired it. However, he doesn't have it equipped now, and the option to equip it doesn't appear. The guy's unarmed until I can get him in range of an enemy and attack... Except he can't reach anyone and without WTA he stands more of a chance to die to siege tomes.

Why, Kaga. Why.

I wonder if this has something to do with the double light tome glitch...

Spoiler

Lightning Times Two?

A minor bug that occurs if you didn’t pair Fury. During Chapter 7 you will be able to buy a Lightning tome from the Vendor. When you later recruit Hawk, he will come with a Lightning tome as well. However the two Lightning tomes are actually the same one… The two will share the same kill count and usage. When you reset and load the game again, the Lightning tome from the Vendor will disappear and you’ll end up with only one Lightning tome (which is correct).

note this quote is from an older translation, so Fury=Erin, and Lightning=Light

59 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Speaking of glitches, do not use Celice's dismount ability. It has a nasty bug that causes Celice to be permanently greyed out until he is refreshed by a dancer.
...not that there is ever any reason to use it, but there is also no harm in knowing.

Ironically one reason to use it is to avoid another glitch that I know Project Naga didn't fix, where killing the final boss with a canto unit (I am not sure if the Manfloy dying event is part of it, but it was on the save I was experimenting with...), which causes the sound to bug out, and if you don't end turn quickly enough the game can freeze, and all of your unit's loss counters are set to 168 (or something like that, I am a little too lazy to double check...)

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuck Brian is amazing, I think he'll survive the war because I can't see my units beating him without serious trouble. I'll have to go for a backcap.

49 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Finn's dead because Brian. Guh...

Goodness, how am I going to deal with this? I might have to reset the entire thing, the way this is looking.

...Or I could sacrifice Tristan and Rodolbahn. They're still chilling at the castle, because they're completely useless. Hmmmm... Might be worth considering.

I am surprised you didn't just use Shannon to distract them, but I guess he was too far away from the castle, (or any warp/return staff uses...)

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

(except Nanna who only got to use the paragon band for her first two battles because she’s... really bad? I had to sell it, give her more gold to buy a skill ring, a speed ring, and a brave sword just to clear the arena (and even then she got pretty good rng (although part of that is due to pavise, boo pavise))) though the ones that are are very close to 17. And they said shipping in gen 2 was useless. Hah!

Bah, Nanna has staff use, and its easy to power level with staff. Also Shipping in gen 2 is useful, just not as vital as it is in gen 1. I mentioned it earlier, but it is burried at this point, that being lovers gives the pair a +10 hit and avoid boost if they are withtin 3 squares of each other, if one attaks while adjacent to their lover they get access to crits, and get a +20% crit chance, and of course, the ability to pass money between married couples (and if you marry a thief, they can pass that money all around...)

28 minutes ago, Benice said:

FAYE HAS 67 CRIT

WAIT HELP NO SHE WAS BERSERKED THIS IS BAD

Benice Run, your army is going to die....

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Benice Run, your army is going to die....

It didn't end up being much of a problem, fortunately. It meant that I had to waste the "remove berserk" item on her instead of my healer who can get rid of it, but Vester wasn't 'Zerked, so it worked out!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That’s one failed attempt. Hoo boy...

@Saint Rubenio how did you recruit Hannibal?

Ignore Hannibal, seize the castle further west to get his son free, then send his son to talk with Hannibal. Don't worry about sending Seliph back to seize Hannibal's castle, it automatically flips once he joins.

To keep the Shield of Carthage alive (where are his elephants?), just massacre his army in one turn, so that he goes into the "retreat to castle to get reinforcements" mindset. Then surround him with a few units, and he won't bother attacking them.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

To keep the Shield of Carthage alive (where are his elephants?), just massacre his army in one turn, so that he goes into the "retreat to castle to get reinforcements" mindset. Then surround him with a few units, and he won't bother attacking them.

Well that works. The only problem is that in order to not die Altena needs to go, but for that to happen I either need to talk to her (for recruitment) or kill her, and obviously I want to do the former, but that causes more wyvern reinforcements and Hannibal’s squad to be aggro’d and they would get to my army at the same time, and that’s like double the size of my army so...

Waitwaitwaitwait

Guess which disney character the bloke in this song voices.

If you guessed DONALD DUCK, you're right! (The same VA also plays the Japanese versions of Moto Moto, Donkey from Shrek and Aloysius O'Hare from The Lorax. Soo...)

Edited by Benice

30 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ironically one reason to use it is to avoid another glitch that I know Project Naga didn't fix, where killing the final boss with a canto unit (I am not sure if the Manfloy dying event is part of it, but it was on the save I was experimenting with...), which causes the sound to bug out, and if you don't end turn quickly enough the game can freeze, and all of your unit's loss counters are set to 168 (or something like that, I am a little too lazy to double check...)

I'll just grab my report here.

Can confirm.

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Freedom at last.

788080642117468171.png?v=1

79c.gif

Now play CrossCode.

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

4zyjqe.jpg

GOTTEM

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't think my Arden ever left the home castle haha

Same. 

And i'm sorry @Saint Rubenio but during Gen 2, i remember leaving Hannibal on guard duty during those last few chapters. Pretty sure i did, it's been forever since my first and only run.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I just got my good-bye e-mails from my Uni...

feelsoldman

200.gif

But now a new stage of life begins.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How about no? You were utterly useless the time I played Echoes.

What did you reclass her as? Because she's always been one of my better units in my runs.

44 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

PS4 download times...what joy...

Anyway, MonHun World, here I come!

What if you

Wanted to play the game you just bought

But PS4 said

"Install in process".

Unless it's a digital copy, installing physical games is still one of the biggest scams in the video game industry.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But now a new stage of life begins

Ch. 3 - End.

Let's hope Ch4. will be good.

Ch 3 was super cool, but i wasn't really feeling the illness interlude, and the pacing at the end of it sucked due to Corona plot twist

25 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ch. 3 - End.

Let's hope Ch4. will be good.

Ch 3 was super cool, but i wasn't really feeling the illness interlude, and the pacing at the end of it sucked due to Corona plot twist

Ch 4 will introduce canon waifu.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ch2 already tried that and failed, hard.

Then again ch2 was bleeeeeeh

F

44 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Haha i doubt that

I disagree. Chapter 4 has a high probability.

But it’ll also probably be harder, it will rely a lot more on the funds system than on other chapters. Unfortunately, last chapter’s plot twist is here to stay... at least I’m getting it over with in my chapter two.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Good news: I will recruit Hannibal in a couple turns.

Bad news: I was spoiled on the internet. F.

Oh man, I can't believe you were spoiled that Sigurd is the final boss.

18 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Oh man, I can't believe you were spoiled that Sigurd is the final boss.

Honestly, you’re not even that far off. If you think about it.

Ah, not staying extra hours today.

If it were up to me, I'd only clock enough for what I'd consider a good weekly salary...

11 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am curious now, what spoiler did you find?

Spoiler

Julia becomes an enemy in chapter 10.

I mean, not that I really expect myself to care that much when she’s gone. Like mother like daughter...

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I mean, not that I really expect myself to care that much when she’s gone. Like mother like daughter...

Maybe...

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Haha i doubt that

Writers who introduce the canon waifu in Ch.2 are cowards anyway.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Julia becomes an enemy in chapter 10.

Don't click on this if you really don't want to know (though I won't talk about the story itself).

Spoiler

Julia is only an enemy temporarily.

....and this is how you don’t do hordes of wyverns.

OH LORD WHY!?!?

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Don't click on this if you really don't want to know (though I won't talk about the story itself).

Reveal hidden contents

Julia is only an enemy temporarily.

Well that makes the spoiler slightly less impactful I think.