Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

This is the map where you bust out all the thieves. All of them.

All? I legit just have one and it's Juni.

Unless there are other kinds of lockpickers.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Probably too late, but worth noting is that Maerchen is actually faster than everyone else on swamp terrain. He can reach the middle chest while the others take care of the rest.

That......makes a lot of sense.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

All? I legit just have one and it's Juni.

Unless there are other kinds of lockpickers.

For the future, lockpicking is a skill in this game. If you take a closer look at your units' skillsets, you'll see that both funny pirate guy and the lord have it.

So, yeah. Sorry you made such a mistake and had to run all over the place with Juni.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For the future, lockpicking is a skill in this game.

Well you say "in this game" but lockpicking has been a skill in every game. I've just been super conditioned to think that only Thieves have it (even in the GBA games, thieves have an internal skill that lets them use the lockpicks and then Rogue just straight-up has Lockpick).

That's why i didn't think to check Holmes and Maerchen. They aren't Thieves so i just assumed they didn't have Lockpick.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

That's why i didn't think to check Holmes and Maerchen. They aren't Thieves so i just assumed they didn't have Lockpick.

Holmes is the leader of a gang of thieves and Maerchen is kind fo a thief+, so it makes sense they'd have it.

TRS has a bunch of characters with skills that used to be class-exclusive. There's a Cleric that can learn Dance and a Myrmidon with Steal, for example.

If I were on the receiving end of this, I think I would simply stop playing.

3 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

There's a Cleric that can learn Dance

Which I have chosen not to get because I'd feel bad.

I didn't know she stayed a Cleric tho, I just assumed she "promotes" into Dancer.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Wouldn't you check everyone's skills anyway?

I mean, this game is like Tellius in the sense that skills don't really matter all that much. So I just..... didn't really check.

I mean, this game is like Tellius in the sense that skills don't really matter all that much. So I just..... didn't really check.

Why do skills not matter much?

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What...? Flurry gives you a free 2-5 combat rounds on command! Wrath increases your crit up to 100% depending on your health! The terrian skills give you one extra movement in certain maps! Terra is always a crit even if you have no regular crit chance! Mug takes the entire inventory of enemies when they die, making Maerchen legit useful if you use him correctly! Steal can steal anything on hit, even equipped weapons! Summon lets you have your own summoners, provided you've the appropriate staves! Narcus is literally Xane if you check his skill! Warp skill!

Sure, some of them are underwhelming, like Nihil and the more chance-based skills, but you're making a mistake in assuming they suck as much as Tellius skills. Flurry and Wrath, for example, are both godly, and the extra movement from the terrain skills is wonderful.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What...? Flurry gives you a free 2-5 combat rounds on command! Wrath increases your crit up to 100% depending on your health! The terrian skills give you one extra movement in certain maps! Terra is always a crit even if you have no regular crit chance! Mug takes the entire inventory of enemies when they die, making Maerchen legit useful if you use him correctly! Steal can steal anything on hit, even equipped weapons! Summon lets you have your own summoners, provided you've the appropriate staves! Narcus is literally Xane if you check his skill! Warp skill!

I literally have none of these yet. 

Like maybe it gets better later but 16 chapters in and the only skill that has made any real difference is Adept.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I literally have none of these yet. 

Okay, to be fair, Mintz and Leonie aren't there yet.

But believe me, at the very least where Flurry is concerned, you'll be taking back your words as soon as you get to play with them.

Also, the terrain skills are absolutely there. You just haven't noticed them, but Runan's definitely had 6 movement in a couple of city maps.

And what do you mean, "literally"? I mentioned mug, and mug's on Maerchen! You just haven't given him a chance!

Like maybe it gets better later but 16 chapters in and the only skill that has made any real difference is Adept.

I mean, it's not Berwick Saga. Skills aren't all that in this game, but they're certainly more than Tellius. I mean, c'mon, in Radiant Dawn literally all of the tier 3 skills are various flavors of chance-based insta-death.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And what do you mean, "literally"? I mentioned mug, and mug's on Maerchen! You just haven't given him a chance!

Tbf, Maerchen only got to play on Ch.14.

I mean, c'mon, in Radiant Dawn literally all of the tier 3 skills are various flavors of chance-based insta-death.

It was genuinely hilarious too.

Beat Galeem with Pikachu (not first try.... I really needed to not let the laser grid ruin me) in WoL.

Any big surprises to worry about?

Tbf, Maerchen only got to play on Ch.14.

Well, you should field him more often. Sure, statwise he's an intentional meme, but taking the entire inventory of the units he kills is actually incredible if you can set up kills for him. Do not underestimate him.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Canto also isn't universally on every mount.

That too, you might want to be careful with that, Armagon. As you've discovered the hard way, FE conventions aren't necessarily set in stone for TRS.0

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Canto also isn't universally on every mount.

That too, you might want to be careful with that, Armagon.

Oh yeah but so far, this hasn't really been an issue. 

Heck, Canto isn't a thing in Old Mystery (i think), GBA and 3DS games either (well technically it is in the GBA games but not after attacking), so yeah, this is a non-issue.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah but so far, this hasn't really been an issue. 

Heck, Canto isn't a thing in Old Mystery (i think), GBA and 3DS games either (well technically it is in the GBA games but not after attacking), so yeah, this is a non-issue.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Oh right, DSFE doesn't have Canto either.

Fine, fair enough. But still, pay more attention to the skills. It only takes a second!

47 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, you should field him more often. Sure, statwise he's an intentional meme, but taking the entire inventory of the units he kills is actually incredible if you can set up kills for him. Do not underestimate him.

-Provided you keep him away from all your other units so they don't suffer the -50 Hit & Avoid penalty from being within 3 spaces of an allied unit with Mug.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, if I have to deal with Joker's Arsene bullshit, I deserve a gimmick of my own.

Not only that, but Clouds limit, Bowsers tough guy, Sephiroths wing, all gimmicks that make them tough to deal with.

But yeah, I agree. At this point it's just fair game.

So started Odyssey
seems fun, and already got 18 Moons from first level

but....

Seems like there's some kinda drift because Mario automatically moves back/crouches in 2D mod? And this is exclusive to Odyssey, i tested the controller with other games and PC and it's working fine...

Anyone had a similiar problem?