Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The only timeskip design I’m not really fond of is Edelgard, apart from when her hair is down. I don’t like the Leia do.

I love it. Fits her character so well.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sylvain and Felix both have war designs that I don't really like. In fact, generally speaking the Blue Lions have my least favorite designs in the game. Compensation for having Dimitri, I suppose.

You like Dimitri!? That’s an astonishing revelation.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sorry man, I just think half of the Golden Deer are kinda weak.

You’re right, but the weak half is Claude, Marianne, Raphael and Leonie. Any other opinion is blasphemous.

Seriously though, why do people hate Ignatz so much?

Same for the Blue Lions too.

IVsAkzM.jpg
The only Blue Lion I’m not really a fan is Dedue.

Only the Black Eagles had characters were I cared about all of them.

At least this is based.

Same but I'll add that I'm not find of the timeskip designs that cut their hair.

Edelgard at least has it bundled up but it shouldn't be.

Edelgard and Ingrid do it super well though.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Except Hilda. Hilda can eat shit.

What did she even do to you!?

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh and the Ashen Wolves but they don't count.

Meh. Balthus is just ehhhh and while I like indoors Constance, outdoors Constance gets very old, very, very quickly.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, it is indeed time to disagree. In all my attempts to like Three Houses, I stole half of Claude's house, because while I despise him I quite like his class.

What the heck? Ruben likes the golden deer!? Who? Why??

They’re exactly what you hate in modern fe characters!

Wait if you didn’t even pick the Golden Deer why do you despise him so much?? I need answers!

When I read that one of them summons monsters by sighing for some reason I lost interest on those guys, to be honest.

But she’s the best one.

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You’re right, but the weak half is Claude, Marianne, Raphael and Leonie. Any other opinion is blasphemous.

Well, I'm glad we're in agreement with Raphael and Leonie at least.

But the other weak members are Ignatz and..... yeah actually just Ignatz.

Seriously though, why do people hate Ignatz so much?

It's not that I hate him, it's just that he exists in the same game as Ashe and Ashe is basically the same character, you cannot convince me otherwise.

Of course, I forget Ashe exists too.

The only Blue Lion I’m not really a fan is Dedue.

I'm not really a fan of Dedue either.

I'm not really a fan of Ingrid or Mercedes either.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Edelgard and Ingrid do it super well though.

Yeah but I believe in long-haired supremacy when it comes to girls.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Meh. Balthus is just ehhhh and while I like indoors Constance, outdoors Constance gets very old, very, very quickly.

The bigger problem with the Ashen Wolves is that the main game acts like Cindered Shadows never happened.

The versions you can recruit in the main game are not the same as the CS versions so all their development that they got in CS is just null.

They should've been made post timeskip recruits, so that it lines up with CS's ending. 

Anyways, that's why I said they didn't count.

But she’s the best one.

Based.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Same but I'll add that I'm not find of the timeskip designs that cut their hair.

Ngl, I also prefer short-haired Mercedes. The floof is nice, but the short hair is even better, IMO.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Ngl, I also prefer short-haired Mercedes. The floof is nice, but the short hair is even better, IMO.

Them's fighting words!

Seriously, however, I do like the design. It's just that... the long-haired one exists.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Seriously, however, I do like the design. It's just that... the long-haired one exists.

That is basically my stance as well.

I mean, I can make exceptions. Like, Shamir sometimes has me thinking that short-hair supremacy is the answer. Not that Shamir has a timeskip design but you get what I mean.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ashe is basically the same character

What??

Of course, I forget Ashe exists too.

Okay, I am sort of guilty of this when thinking of the Blue Lions as well. I do think he is a good character, but standing next to his own house he’s kinda forgettable. I think a part of this is he doesn’t really have his own dynamic within the house, like Dimitri is the house leader, Dedue is his loyal retainer, and then Mercedes and Annette are besties while Felix, Sylvain and Ingrid are childhood friends. Then there’s Ashe... just Ashe.

Like certain characters in that house make me think of others, but Ashe doesn’t really have anyone like that.

I'm not really a fan of Ingrid or Mercedes either.

You were so based, Armagon... 

Yeah but I believe in long-haired supremacy when it comes to girls.

But her design is just so... cool! I think she pulls it off.

The bigger problem with the Ashen Wolves is that the main game acts like Cindered Shadows never happened.

The versions you can recruit in the main game are not the same as the CS versions so all their development that they got in CS is just null.

They should've been made post timeskip recruits, so that it lines up with CS's ending.

But don’t they still have that development?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You were so based, Armagon... 

I will say Mercedes does get better when she Supports with DK (yes, Donkey Kong). Which you can only do in Crimson Flower, yet another reason why that's the best route.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But don’t they still have that development?

They don't even acknowledge that Byleth exists, so no.

On the subject of female character hair designs, I go for long-haired preference when it exists. As in, if a female character has both long-haired and short-haired designs, I'll prefer the former usually, at least when it comes to the hair itself. If the character has only one design... eh, not a factor at all in liking it or not.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

iCqxt7J.png
The objectively correct Three Houses character tier list based on character. S tier isn’t really ordered beyond the top three and I also had a lot of trouble ordering A tier, but right now it looks okay.

Any disagreements are objectively incorrect as always.

I wonder if this joke is getting old...

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They don't even acknowledge that Byleth exists, so no.

Not in universe but in general. CS still exists, just not in the main game’s version of events.

Edited by Sooks

As far as females characters go, I prefer longer hair but I’m still fine with short or pulled up. Like Ingrid. Post time skip Ingrid slaps. 

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't say I blame him. The thing about Irish names is that, to an outsider, they look like English names, but the pronounciation rules are completely different. It's deceptive, like that.

This leads to someone like me, who to this day still has no idea how you're supposed to pronounce Siobhan. Seriously, how do you? Please tell me, I'd love to know.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, does this mean he was joking all along?

I mean, I could argue about their looking similar, but not the bloody time.

In the clip he actually pronounces Shiobhan well enough. The fact this guy who definitely rings up his Irish ancestry pronounced it like that makes me wonder if he did it on purpose.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Moving to a new apartment. 

T - 2 Days

Oh, good luck then!

Anything particularly rough to move?

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On the subject of SoV, I booted it up the other day to continue a playthrough I had started a while back. I was legitimately caught off guard by how intense the generic boss theme is.

IntSys, it was a 15-second loop, you didn't have to go that hard on it.

You forget this is SoV, of course they had to-

>Realises everyone shouting about the player cast in 3H

>Essentially has no opinion as he basically likes the lot.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:
>Essentially has no opinion as he basically likes the lot.

Which is why you can’t let a slight upon Ingrid or Ignatz go! To arms!

...or something.

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

You like Dimitri!? That’s an astonishing revelation.

We're talking designs here. Dimitri's post-timeskip design is absolutely glorious.

As a character, I like him also. I used to like him more, but his extremely rushed character development has soured my opinion of him a bit. But still, at least he has a character arc and some relevance, unlike some others I can think of.

Claude. It's Claude.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

You’re right, but the weak half is Claude, Marianne, Raphael and

Yes, yes--

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Leonie

You bastard of a bastard!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

What did she even do to you!?

She's a self-centered, coddled, manipulative little dipshit that is portrayed as cutesy and funny because waifu. No bigger reason, I just don't like her at all. Perhaps I'm mistaken and she really has a heart of gold or something. To be honest, I did not care enough to find out.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

What the heck? Ruben likes the golden deer!? Who? Why??

They’re exactly what you hate in modern fe characters!

I talk bigger game than I play. My standards for liking characters aren't as high as you'd think, and generally they have my favorite designs out of the students, so that's enough for me to take them all away from the idiot.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Wait if you didn’t even pick the Golden Deer why do you despise him so much?? I need answers!

Because he's utterly pointless and didn't deserve a route. He does nothing in Blue Lions, does even less in Silver Snow, is a minor one-off boss in Crimson Flower, and even in his own route he barely does anything because it's a rehash of Silver Snow. He has no development, unclear goals in all but his own route and his character is, overall, about on par with any of the secondaries. He did not deserve to be a main character, and I have to wonder how much better the game would've been if they'd used the time and budget that went into his awful route to polish the rest of them.

51 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

This is the correct answer. Hat >>>>> big hair.

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

iCqxt7J.png
The objectively correct Three Houses character tier list based on character. S tier isn’t really ordered beyond the top three and I also had a lot of trouble ordering A tier, but right now it looks okay.

Any disagreements are objectively incorrect as always.

Hanneman is high-ish. I will accept this in spite of its egregious mistakes.

Also Gilbert in B? I thought I was the only person in the entire world who didn't think he's the worst blight on human history. I mean, he's a really flawed person, but he's well-written at  that. You know, when he's not having all of his character flaws magically fixed by Byleth over the course of three conversations because avatar.

24 minutes ago, Dayni said:

In the clip he actually pronounces Shiobhan well enough.

I will check it later.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Recovering every part of the old New Spain, once piece at a time...

Give it back

Edited by Saint Rubenio

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Imagine disliking a character...

Anankos exists though.

Checkmate?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

QckI1RM.png

"We had tried to be reasonable with Spain

Now they will pay the price for their lack of vision."

Is this because I never tried out SRW?

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Merlinus exists though.

There, fixed.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There, fixed.

I mean, he wasn't the first thing that came to mind for me, apologies.

Indeed a stubborn lot. But that's mostly since they were allied with the Netherlands, and they joined the war too. Sadly, my navy isn't strong enough to fight them head-on on similar numbers. I have to either pick fights with numerical advantage... or let them through.

EtWUaHA.png

Fortunately, they don't send too many soldiers at once.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"We had tried to be reasonable with Spain

Now they will pay the price for their lack of vision."

Is this because I never tried out SRW?

You can still do it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Man really put Marianne several spots below Bernadetta, despite the former doing her gimmick much better.

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not in universe but in general. CS still exists, just not in the main game’s version of events.

Well yeah, but now it feels lame.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Peri exists though.

Regardless of which character you like or don't like, at least we can all agree that Peri is the absolute lowest you could go.