Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why is Gilbert so low?

Because i hate him. The only playable character in the game i really hate.

I hate ''Duty > Family'' people.

Claude at S rank?

One of my fav. series wide and whose ideals resonate with me to the max.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Wait how is that funny?

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Same. Just makes you look like an asshole.

Gilbert doesn't even do it in a "i'm doing this to protect my family" sort of way, because at least then i'd be more understanding. But no, the guy just fucking leaves. 

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I just did it because it'd be funny.

Just like how i had Ashe kill Lonato.

Just like how i had Jill kill Shirahim or whatever his name was.

Just like how i had Nino kill Lloyd/Linus, whoever it is you fight there.

Armagon at the world:

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The individual tiers aren't really in any order.

ZuJLcVNy_o.png

Rodrigue is so funny on there.

Why is a generic boss on there tho?

Also bad Sylvain take, take this L.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The individual tiers aren't really in any order.

ZuJLcVNy_o.png

You can probably guess what my immediate thoughts would be, but other than that this is pretty good. Although I’m having doubts on Marianne in general now.

What is Seteth doing in S tier though? His placement is shocking.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Debating if I should torture myself by watching the Snyder cut, a four-hour film shot in 4:3 aspect ratio for some reason.

Well what’s the appeal of the film? Or is it literally just because of that?

3 stars of Affinity for Frontier Village, just a little more to go... and then I do the rest of the quests anyhow, including still-wholly-untouched Alcamoth.

They've revealed the details on Portugal in Civ VI, the fan-obsession with this civ meant the developers turned the country into the god of the high seas. +7 trade routes on a default Standard-sized map with +50% yields more than compensates for limiting international routes to coastal/Harbor cities. The Navigation Schools for extra Science is unexpected, but ought to make the civ amazing with otherwise useless 2-3 tile islands. Spain, England, the Netherlands, and Phoenicia feel powercreeped by this (Indonesia is more coastal Production & Faith than Gold so it should be fine). And the one penalty is naught compared to Mali's painful one, despite both being obsessed with gold generation. Hopefully the promised buffs to 2/3rds of all civilizations next month is enough to fix the would-be rivals, Spain has been eviscerated by Portugal on the maritime (and touch of science) side, and Byzantium last year crucified them in the religion & religious war aspect.

Needless it be said, once the inevitable 25% off sale happens again, next week I would think, I'm buying the full DLC pack, warts and all.

But first, I must consider- to buy Dragon Quest III, or not? $9 USD on sale with tax for an NES game with updated (and terribly clashing) graphics is questionable, but the game seems a bit better quality-wise than a "historical curiosity" like FE1 is, and Japan still loves it I think. Although, I'd be happier if this was DQVI on sale, why hasn't Enix thrown it on the Switch eShop yet when they have the DS versions of the game on mobile? It's the one IV-VIII DQ I haven't played yet. 

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Them's fighting words!

*Remembers one of the wishes you're allowed to choose for winning against the DQXI bonus boss is an accessory that does nothing except adjust one girl's hair length.*

Honestly I've never paid enough attention to the matter to determine which I prefer on the whole.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Hey wait a minute........are Miriel and Laurent the only FE characters to actually wear glasses?

This doesn't surprise me, you don't usually associate the Middle Ages with glasses -although neither do you with blue hair, pegasus, and female empowerment- and they weren't invented until the era was in its last few centuries. So it'd make sense that, for a franchise that tries to have a veneer of medieval, that it might not ever include glasses, until the one game it gets more carefree.

25 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

There's a reason why I don't like the term waifu. It has a negative connotation in my mind.

I have never used that term. And in the few instances where I would've use that term, I instead borrow from Xenoblade and use Noponese "wifeypon" instead, which should sound utterly ridiculous, which is as I intend it to be.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Armagon said:

Debating if I should torture myself by watching the Snyder cut, a four-hour film shot in 4:3 aspect ratio for some reason.

Might as well play Crash Bandicoot at that point, for time spent at that ratio.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Remembers one of the wishes you're allowed to choose for winning against the DQXI bonus boss is an accessory that does nothing except adjust one girl's hair length.*

Honestly I've never paid enough attention to the matter to determine which I prefer on the whole.

That's actually a very acceptable compromise they did there. The option to choose. I wouldn't make use of it, naturally.

Still, perhaps if they had to do something like that, they could've instead used it for something more, or add it as well of.

Spoiler

I'm referring to another character's... appearance, if you know what I mean.

ezgif-3-b0e22bab9804.gif

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well what’s the appeal of the film? 

Nothing, it's a (probably) bad superhero film made a guy who doesn't understand superheroes.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But first, I must consider- to buy Dragon Quest III, or not? $9 USD on sale with tax for an NES game with updated (and terribly clashing) graphics is questionable, but the game seems a bit better quality-wise than a "historical curiosity" like FE1 is, and Japan still loves it I think. Although, I'd be happier if this was DQVI on sale, why hasn't Enix thrown it on the Switch eShop yet when they have the DS versions of the game on mobile? It's the one IV-VIII DQ I haven't played yet. 

What is there even to consider? It's DQIII, totally get it!

Hmm, I remember once reading that the developers of DQ have stated that they wouldn't make a port or remake unless there was enough substantially new stuff added to it. However, this might've relaxed as of late considering precisely the Switch ports of I-III, and VII's mobile port (which is the 3DS version ported to phones).

NxD7BwY.jpgdjkSmJo.jpg
Well that’s that.

Based.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Someone asked for context.

They regretted it.

Life is pain.

I'm so glad I didn't actually do that event.

43 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Did someone say horny fanart?

Open at your own discretion

Reveal hidden contents

Screen_Shot_2020-04-28_at_12.21.48_PM.pn

Behold, the ultimate waifu:

Spoiler

eugen.jpg

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

just did it because it'd be funny.

Just like how i had Ashe kill Lonato.

Just like how i had Jill kill Shirahim or whatever his name was.

Just like how i had Nino kill Lloyd/Linus, whoever it is you fight there.

You could've done something like that in TRS.

If you hadn't killed Zieg

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Because i hate him. The only playable character in the game i really hate.

Eh, fair. I don't like him either, per se, I just pity him. I do believe that he's quite well written, though.

34 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

One of my fav. series wide and whose ideals resonate with me to the max.

I mean, better his ideals than any of the others.

I'm perhaps a bit unfair to Claude, honestly. I hate him not because of who he is, but due to more technical factors, so to speak. If he was secondary (like he should've been) I probably wouldn't mind him.

24 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

He is best boy along with Dimitri.

Fuckin' preach.

...maybe not the Dimitri part, but-- yeah, Seteth is awesome.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Life is pain.

I'm so glad I didn't actually do that event.

You should be. Especially if you knew what happens if Bartz is the one that saves her...

Spoiler

He falls in love with her after watching her dance.

To his credit, however, he doesm't jump to the Alabama business without hesitation. Instead, he leaves alone on a journey to sort out his feelings.

But still. Kaga c'mon.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sorry I personally dont like Marianne as a character. Xd condemn me.

I hereby condemn you. To repent, you must tell me you like Hanneman instead.