Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Sooks said:

My switch just plummeted several feet onto hardwood screen down. My poor switch screen. 😞

Uh-oh. Hopefully the Switch was made to the same quality of Nintendo's handholds. Famously they made sure the DS could survive a 5 ft fall onto concrete 10 times in a row with only minor damages.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Uh-oh. Hopefully the Switch was made to the same quality of Nintendo's handholds. Famously they made sure the DS could survive a 5 ft fall onto concrete 10 times in a row with only minor damages.

I mean it works but it has a few scratches. ☹️
Actually, it might only have one. I thought I saw more than that...

Anyway, TIL make sure you’re holding your switch case appropriately when you open it.

Edited by Sooks

Man. This reminds me how I once accidentally pushed my 3DS off the table. Thankfully it landed atop my shoes rather than the floor.

Echoes_Villager_f.png

One of life's greatest mysteries is why the fuck did Hidari make the generic female villager in SoV so cute.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I didn't know about the "King Kong" thing, but I suppose they can keep the spirit of my idea even if they don't actually call him King Kong.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. They could totally still do it, just not like, directly.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

My switch just plummeted several feet onto hardwood screen down. My poor switch screen. 😞

Pain.

"I've been here for three whole days already!"

Y'know what, I believe you, Zeke. That factory was a very long delay.

EDIT: OOF, just got 350% overkill on him. My mans didn't deserve that...

SWEET INFANT JOSE, 150 WEXP AND 7K EXP

Edited by Benice

20210317_181008.jpg

34 minutes ago, Benice said:

EDIT: OOF, just got 350% overkill on him. My mans didn't deserve that...

SWEET INFANT JOSE, 150 WEXP AND 7K EXP

Overkill bonus go brrrrr

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

That is an incredibly bold assumption, but technically correct because I’m not surrounded by people in general, heh.

Ah... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have assumed like that. My apologies.

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh man googling my username leads to stuff from my dark past

Hey, that looks interesting. I'll do it now that nobody's on the thread, and that way nobody will see it if it's something embarrassing.

tKs3RTCz_o.png

Ergh... I mean, I was expecting some screenshots of my LPs, or at the very least some of the images in my Steam account, but... Nope, it's just two of my profile pictures, then glasses and cities. That's all, too. If I scroll down it just tells me "the rest of the results might not be what you're looking for."

Funnily enough, when I pressed "see all results anyway" and scrolled down, images from my LPs actually started to pop up. Very few and far between, but hey. There they were. Good Google.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

This is what I get if I search up Benice:

TD0x1Z3.png

I am a shower cream!

Made from the blood of the FE7 cast.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

The universe once again is attempting to save you from reaching chapter 13.

Honestly though, that sucks. Hope it was only superficial damage.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Echoes_Villager_f.png

One of life's greatest mysteries is why the fuck did Hidari make the generic female villager in SoV so cute.

Because SoV art is the best part of the game. Seriously, I wish they'd kept this artstyle, instead of moving to Three Houses's one. I don't think it's bad, mind, but it's just much worse than this, in my opinion.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

20210317_181008.jpg

Oh yeah, we talk about the toxicity in the FE fanbase, but as far as I know, we've yet to harrass a person to the point of becoming suicidal because they were acting as a character people hate. Not even for acting badly, for having a role that people don't like. Goodness...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

The real mystery is how does Hidari not get asked to do every single game in existence.

@Sooks, Yikes on the damages. Did it drop a metre or something? I've seen mine fall a foot or two no issues, but I don't know how bad a situation it is for you.

Listening to someone pronounce Micheál as Meehole I almost want to ask does he know? (As this was about the current Taois.)

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think this answer to this would be

hmmm

Yup, although

Spoiler

I think Blade Eater would work better. But yeah, something in that direction

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ergh... I mean, I was expecting some screenshots of my LPs, or at the very least some of the images in my Steam account, but... Nope, it's just two of my profile pictures, then glasses and cities. That's all, too. If I scroll down it just tells me "the rest of the results might not be what you're looking for."

You should edit your avatar to have glasses!

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Turns out whoever is making this... thing... is doing so without Nintendo's legal approval. The cursed aberration will be dead before you know it.

hmmm, i dunno if that's swift enough a death for me, though.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

ouch, sorry to hear that! 

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You should edit your avatar to have glasses!

I do wear glasses. I did try to give my avatar glasses, but I can't draw and nobody in Berwick has eyewear, I would've ruined the portrait.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have assumed like that. My apologies.

It’s actually not a problem. I was trying to be le funny.

I’m in a blue state anyway. I mean we definitely have our share of conservatives (we only became ‘officially’ blue recently), but still.

The universe once again is attempting to save you from reaching chapter 13.

Nothing will stop me! Nothing!

Honestly though, that sucks. Hope it was only superficial damage.

It seems to be.

Oh yeah, we talk about the toxicity in the FE fanbase, but as far as I know, we've yet to harrass a person to the point of becoming suicidal because they were acting as a character people hate. Not even for acting badly, for having a role that people don't like. Goodness...

Don’t give them ideas... /s

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

@Sooks, Yikes on the damages. Did it drop a metre or something? I've seen mine fall a foot or two no issues, but I don't know how bad a situation it is for you.

I’m U.S. scum, I don’t practically know your measurements! Just about yeah, but it seems to just be a scratch.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

ouch, sorry to hear that! 

Thank you.

Edited by Sooks

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s actually not a problem. I was trying to be le funny.

I’m in a blue state anyway. I mean we definitely have our share of conservatives (we only became ‘officially’ blue recently), but still.

Ah, I see. Well, good to know.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Nothing will stop me! Nothing!

Last I checked chapter 13 was called Reunion at Dawn.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m U.S. scum, I don’t practically know your measurements!

Watch out, Sooks, I am about to say the spookiest word of all:

Meters.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Meters.

No no, I got a better one:

Litres.

(I have to insist on not using US English for this sheesh.)

Edited by Dayni

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Last I checked chapter 13 was called Reunion at Dawn.

Really? I always read it as “We’ll Softlock the Game If You Didn’t Use Your House Units, Screw You They’re The Only Ones That Matter”. Neat.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Meters.

Gah! That was scary...

19 minutes ago, Dayni said:

No no, I got a better one:

Litres.

AAAAAAAAAAAA

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Listening to someone pronounce Micheál as Meehole I almost want to ask does he know? (As this was about the current Taois.)

May I ask the context on this? 

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I do wear glasses. I did try to give my avatar glasses, but I can't draw and nobody in Berwick has eyewear, I would've ruined the portrait.

Conrad_von_Soest,_'Brillenapostel'_(1403

The Late Middle Ages had glasses apparently, just without the sides to keep them on your head. Maybe thats why you don't see anyone wearing them- they have glasses, but they wouldn't be practical in battle.

58 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m U.S. scum, I don’t practically know your measurements!

Although it's not totally precise, I keep in mind that a meter is roughly equal to a yard, so 3 feet. The metric system is much simpler with "every unit is a factor of 10 greater or smaller than the others" who the heck memorizes how many yards are in a mile? I blame American football on our failure to convert. 

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

May I ask the context on this? 

The guy probably did it on accident, talking about him in a news piece involving him and being bad at Irish (In this case pronouncing the second syllable badly, the syllable would be more like Hall than hole).

Micheál being called Meehole is an online thing that's sprung up particularly in the near year since he became Taoiseach due to the state of our state with the pandemic and other issues that have been handled badly. Frankly I find him to be kinda limited partly due to it being a coalition and frankly the second largest party's actions are far more worthy of being called out imo, but that's a whole other bag of cans can of worms.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The guy probably did it on accident, talking about him in a news piece involving him and being bad at Irish (In this case pronouncing the second syllable badly, the syllable would be more like Hall than hole).

Was the news by any chance American late night satire? (Start at the 1:40 mark.)

Because I was watching it as usual last night.😀

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Was the news by any chance American late night satire? (Start at the 1:40 mark.)

I should've suspected you'd have caught on.

Still, the Meehole thing is very much not something you hear from people out loud, hence the confusion.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

(I have to insist on not using US English for this sheesh.)

I'll give US measurements this: their unit names sound a lot cooler. Of course, that also means that they aren't as self-explanatory as non-American units, where you can pretty much assume if it says "kilo" that's a hundred and if it says "centi" it's a hundredth.

So yeah, bottom-line, Imperial system sucks big time.

59 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Gah! That was scary...

Here's perhaps an even more terrifying one for ya. Avert your eyes:

Grams!

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Conrad_von_Soest,_'Brillenapostel'_(1403

The Late Middle Ages had glasses apparently, just without the sides to keep them on your head.

That thing is so stylish. And cumbersome, but hey.

29 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I can't say I blame him. The thing about Irish names is that, to an outsider, they look like English names, but the pronounciation rules are completely different. It's deceptive, like that.

This leads to someone like me, who to this day still has no idea how you're supposed to pronounce Siobhan. Seriously, how do you? Please tell me, I'd love to know.

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wait, does this mean he was joking all along?

...Well, I still don't know how to pronounce Siobhan, so I'll not delete my previous response.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

giphy-3.gif

Very aerodynamic.