Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not the meme, but the Neph Neph was definitely there. I mean, I just saw it, when I was looking for that screenshot!

I find it funny that she promoted in 4-1 off a bunch of armours in the one EP and healed herself from 6 HP. She did it twice in two chapters. I do realise Hard is rougher, so it wouldn't be that easy, but I'd find it hilarious to pull it off there if I went back to those games.

That comment from me does confirm it was closer to 15 in the one phase than 20 though.

Also, you learned leadership stars were a thing in RD. A thing that nobody notices but probably would if someone said that he got 3, Micaiah got 0.

Edited by Dayni

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Unbenannt3.PNG

Good job Micaiah, you got one less than my Ike did.

I assume you saved these screenshots to PC. I could not, I was playing it on a homebrewed Wii.

And there was too many photos to be taking in the time it ran.

Hence why my record for RD was so spotty.

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Also, you learned leadership stars were a thing in RD. A thing that nobody notices but probably would if someone said that he got 3, Micaiah got 0.

Really makes 3-13 "fun", I'd say.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Really makes 3-13 "fun", I'd say.

Honestly 3-13 is mostly fine, if you have an adequately trained squad. And I say this as someone who almost lost on the last second when an ally moved, allowing Ike to attack Volug. He survived because of Howl. I am not a genius.

Micaiah getting 0 doesn't make much sense at all, especially in universe.

I think the leadership star debate hasn't really been had, but personally I am fine with it staying in the past.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

f you had to rout, then sorry, that's on you

Yeah, probably. It was so long ago, but I just recall every map being...Not good. Still, I don't like how OP most of the greil mercs were; I tried to use the bad ones, but it was still mostly autopilot.

Edited by Benice

Just now, Dayni said:

Honestly 3-13 is mostly fine, if you have an adequately trained squad. And I say this as someone who almost lost on the last second when an ally moved, allowing Ike to attack Volug. He survived because of Howl. I am not a genius.

Micaiah getting 0 doesn't make much sense at all, especially in universe.

I think the leadership star debate hasn't really been had, but personally I am fine with it staying in the past.

As pointed before, there's only so much EXP Part 1 gives you. When I played, I only focused with just 2-3 units as it were, precisely so I could go quality over quantity. Trueblade Edward by 3-13... was amusing to trounce Ike that way. Though in another playthrough I went with the Sleep+Purge combo first.

True. Starting with 0 wouldn't be too bad if she gained stars through the story. Her promotion at the end of Tier 1 merit her to gain at least 1 star, at least.

Can't say I mind them too much... but then again...

*Looks at Saias' 10 stars*

Well, a surprise early tax return has lead to my ability to get a surprise working TV right now, and thus I can finish chapter 12 on the TV. Assuming I can set up the PlayStation first, because it says no signal despite being good to go... I’m pretty sure I selected the wrong HDMI, though.

I’m still salty about the movers breaking my original TV. I liked it.

58 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not having the 15% boost? Probably helpful in not making it too easy...

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Believe me, that would've improved the game so much for me.

Ah, yeah, that sounds about right.

Edited by Sooks

On 3/14/2021 at 11:32 PM, BrightBow said:

There is no way they are close to the same age unless Rex has some sort of disease impacting his growth. Which would still make Homura a pedo.

Bit slow on the response here. Sorry about that.

I actually don't think there's much of an age difference between them. Rex is indeed a teenage boy. However I don't think Pyra and Mythra are supposed to be an adults either. They're teenagers too. Mythra's entire thing with Addam is being his bratty teenage daughter. At the very most I'd put Pyra and Mythra at 17 years old which really isn't that much of an age difference. As far as ages go I don't think they are far apart. Rex just happens to be really short. 

Though as ridiculous Saias' leadership stars were, Thracia has the mercy that they count all stars in your party, not just the leader's... which is why he joins with much less stars.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Radiant Dawn is by far the worst implementation of leadership starts, which is a shame. Having Micaiah's leadership starts increase (or have any at all...), or making the leadership stars on other characters matter could have helped (like giving Tauroneo some to help Micaiah in key chapters, or having Ike give a star to Soren and Titania to represent their advisor positions...).

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

As pointed before, there's only so much EXP Part 1 gives you. When I played, I only focused with just 2-3 units as it were, precisely so I could go quality over quantity. Trueblade Edward by 3-13... was amusing to trounce Ike that way. Though in another playthrough I went with the Sleep+Purge combo first.

I think I had a bit over 5 I was using, the initial DB, Aran, Jill, Ilyana and the rest were tier 2.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

True. Starting with 0 wouldn't be too bad if she gained stars through the story. Her promotion at the end of Tier 1 merit her to gain at least 1 star, at least.

Can't say I mind them too much... but then again...

*Looks at Saias' 10 stars*

And yet Saias had less of a modifier than the final boss of GotHW.

I wonder why it mattered less there........

I don't like how they're handled in RD because it's not so clear who counts under what stars most of the time, from Part 3 in particular

Edited by Dayni

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

And yet Saias had less of a modifier than the final boss of GotHW.

I wonder why it mattered less there........

Thracia's leadership applies globally, where as Genealogy's leadership is local (only applies within 3 of the leader...), which makes it easier to make it not matter with positioning.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I don't like how they're handled in RD because it's not so clear who counts under what stars most of the time, from Part 3 in particular

That's not really hard, since you can check the factions and who each is their commander. And the status screen shows individual units' commander.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

Thracia's leadership applies globally, where as Genealogy's leadership is local (only applies within 3 of the leader...), which makes it easier to make it not matter with positioning.

I probably should have added /s there.

20 minutes ago, Dayni said:

To be fair, Authority/Leadership Stars have remained in the past. They've never returned at all.

Should they? I'd be fine with their return, although now we have Rallies and things like Charm and the Fates Sisters' Personal Skills that express a kind of "leadership" bonus.

If Authority Stars were to return, I think I would prefer the following the mechanics behind them:

• Authority Stars do not apply to the entire map, barring maybe some bosses. They have a limited area of effect.
  • In case of units other than the lord having Authority Stars, the bonuses granted by the Stars of any character are applied solely to some particular units, for whom it makes sense to receive the Auth Stars from that "commander".
  • The bonuses granted by Authority Stars are expanded to exclude Hit and or Avoid, and to include other stats, anything other than HP probably Move, and weapon ranks obviously.

Thus, to alter one RD character, for the sake of an example of this Skrimir becomes the following.:

• Authority Radius of 2
  • Applies to Ranulf, Lethe, Mordecai, Kyza, Lyre, and Skrimir himself. All the Beast Laguz except Muarim, and Skrimir's uncle and uncle's shadow.
  • +2 Str and +5 Crit. Because Skrimir has a small brain and loves attacking, he orders you to CHARGE!
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh wow, a green unit just took a ballista! A green unit was useful! First time in series history right?

Oh, I hope you get to play RD. Probably the game where the allied units are the most useful.

3-13 halberdiers amirite?

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, I hope you get to play RD. Probably the game where the allied units are the most useful.

3-13 halberdiers amirite?

I’ve only heard of some archer, I think it was 3-something. I forget what’s special about them though.

Edited by Sooks