Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If Guillo dies I will go to the developers of this game and hurt them.

Killing off Guillo would be a war crime.

Imagine killing off someone who has lines like this

Screenshot_2920.png?width=769&height=432

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Killing off Guillo would be a war crime.

I agree. Pink Derrick must live.

Imagine killing off someone who has lines like this

Screenshot_2920.png?width=769&height=432

Who even is he talking to...!?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

He's talking to the guy in red about the girl in white.

Well, I'm not even sure what he wants to do with her, but let him. He's Pink Derrick, I trust him.

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

They're also forgeable though silver gauntlets.

I tend to get the rusted ones from the drop.

Anyone else using gauntlets?

Catherine and Caspar both have B rank, no one else has any hope of getting A gauntlets before endgame. But as Catherine is much faster and has nimble combo, I feel like she’s the better choice for Rhea killer. I mean she’ll probably get a boost from the horny she gets around Rhea too.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I'm not even sure what he wants to do with her, but let him. He's Pink Derrick, I trust him.

Oh how good it is that you didn’t play Berwick when you were a kid...

That joke probably doesn’t make sense.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean she’ll probably get a boost from the horny she gets around Rhea too.

I feel it'd be more of a debuff.

Caspar got quick riposte! CASPAR GOT QUICK RIPOSTE! With that I certified him for Wyvern Lord, and Bernadetta certified for Bow Knight. It’s time for chapter 18, the Enbarr invasion... after this break, that is. We’ll see how this goes.

Catherine also got to level 30, making everyone 30 or above. She failed her 37% certificate exam for Falcon Knight, but that’s not surprising. I can just leave her on the bench since I doubt I’ll have 12 deployment slots because Silver Snow. I might have to grind her gauntlet rank during the month of chapter 20, though, because I doubt I can go from B to A in just two months of instruction, even if I make sure to raise it every week and set it as her only goal.

Edited by Sooks

So sad to know SRW Cross-Omega is finally reaching its end in two days. 2015-2021 had a good run it seems.

On the flip-side, it seems they're allowing a download of an offline version until June 30.

Though I wonder. Now that Cross-Omega isn't in their workload, its shut-down could be the prime time to reveal a new game... I do hope that happens, heh. Since the series inception in 1991, they only failed to have anything new at any given year once, back in 1992. 2020 had no new game, but between Cross-Omega and DD, there was still SRW stuff coming out. Still too early to write off a new game for 2021, and DD is still going strong, but still, new game being announced soon would be quite the treat.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'm sure it's all well and good for some people but it's just that a lot of bosses have very, very powerful specials that cane delete 80% of your HP and it could just be what I have right now but healing items don't seem to recover as much HP as you lose.

Bosses can also easily Down you, which throws another wrench into the plan.

Fair criticisms here. Maybe I'm trying to justify my suffering when I was younger.😅

Although, outside of knockdown and high damage, barring the one instance I'm about to comment on below, bosses don't have a whole lot in BKO. Dealing damage is the cornerstone of many video game genres, but as Shrimpy commented once on XC2's bosses being sorta samey, BKO has a similar feel in retrospect, every boss from the first onwards hits like crazy.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

My favorite part is when it's offspring could heal it for 1200 HP.

The healing is described in the bestiary as the chicks singing to ease the mind and body of the parent. The parent-child bond is strong.

Also, the bestiary entry for the chicks if you didn't read it.:

Chick of the giant Holoholobird. Attempts to tame it for its cute exterior all ended in futility. Hatches quickly in response to its harsh habitat. Its beak attacks are weak, but the psychological damage is huge. But it's cute, so we forgive it.

Forgive it? Oh, I will, once they're in my stomach. The pecking physically hurt.

I speculate the Holoholobird made many a player starving for ritual vengeance via the consumption of poultry.

The Ex Combo I mentioned before was practically necessary for me for this fight, being all multi-target specials, Fiery Ice/Blazing Glacial Queen kills the hellspawn in one clean attack and puts a dent in the parent. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And it hard punishes turtling. Maybe it’s time for stride shenagians...

Three Houses throws anything even remotely challenging at the player

Oh boy, is it Stride o'clock already?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Three Houses throws anything even remotely challenging at the player

Oh boy, is it Stride o'clock already?

You understand well, young padawan. There may be hope for you yet.

Anyway tell me how you want me to get past an ambush spawn of three falcon knights with silver lances and a demonic beast at literally the spawn location turn 4 surrounded by very powerful enemies.

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Anyway tell me how you want me to get past an ambush spawn of three falcon knights with silver lances and a demonic beast at literally the spawn location turn 4 surrounded by very powerful enemies.

Uhhhhhhhh

Use the wyvern army to do wyvern army things?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Uhhhhhhhh

Use the wyvern army to do wyvern army things?

That sounded ruder than I intended it to be. Which was not at all. My bad.

And no, wyvern army isn’t very helpful when the powerful enemies have just as much move or range. I am going to stride and rescue! 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

That sounded ruder than I intended it to be. Which was not at all. My bad.

Given the situation described, I cannot blame you for sounding frustrated.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And no, wyvern army isn’t very helpful when the powerful enemies have just as much move or range. I am going to stride and rescue! 

That sounds like it might even work. Give it a shot, and good luck.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That sounds like it might even work. Give it a shot, and good luck.

I can get units powerful enough to one round in range of both of the bosses, however they’re both very dodgy...

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

BKO has a similar feel in retrospect, every boss from the first onwards hits like crazy.

BKO bosses be like

tenor.gif

52 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Forgive it? Oh, I will, once they're in my stomach. The pecking physically hurt.

The first time one of them did like a 15-hit combo, i was like "????????" and of course, it Downs.

52 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Ex Combo I mentioned before was practically necessary for me for this fight, being all multi-target specials, Fiery Ice/Blazing Glacial Queen kills the hellspawn in one clean attack and puts a dent in the parent. 

I'm pretty sure if you don't have that combo ready, you're just fucked. 

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I went east, eventually merging my forces at the NE bridge because divided Enbarr's a mess of a fight. The reinforcements came to me.

Yeah those reinforcements specifically are one of the series's worst imo. Has anyone ranked the worst reinforcements in the series yet?