Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

SRW Behind the Scenes:

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That'd be more than "several" games, 2005 is a decade and a half ago. 

Is this some sort of silly IRL ethics concern? Because what's wrong with nuclear-tipped missiles, yet nuclear reactions in giant robots and a fantasy super-radioactive element being used for a giant laser are okay? -Well, I suppose the HTB Cannon shoots clean and "safe" laser-light produced by electricity from nuclear fission without any emission of radiation the way an ICBM does.

Well, not counting the ones where the Ra Cailum didn't showed up.

Beats me. We'd probably need to check for similar attacks if they still showed up or not in latter SRW's. I do know at least that when DD ran the CCA story, the Ra Cailum still used its nuclear missiles (though granted, that was in the story segments, not on-map).

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminds me of my Macedon run, I had like 6-8 Hetairoi horsies going up against my first victim, the Ottomans. All of which were dead by the time I was done with them and I started moving on Sweden.

Macedon was the other civ I considered for this run, but I decided I liked Scythia better. Fun little fact.

Truth be told, it took me... 3 or 5 attempts before I actually won a civ match. All the early ones ended because I didn't know things very well and decided it'd be better to start over.

I mean, I probably would have lost my first game if you didn’t tell me how I could easily nan a culture victory.

You could downsize the map to Small and try the Snowflake map for a much quicker Domination try. It's only six civs, each started at the tip of a symmetrical snowflake design.

I think I’ll see if I can manage to fell Poland and go from there, after that the only civs left will be Macedon, China and Germany.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She could, but if you've left her sufficiently bruised, she might not and will just issue verbal denouncements at you.

I mean she’s already offered me like all of her luxury and strategic resources and a sizable amount of gold for peace so I think she considers herself crippled enough. Maybe.

I guess the AI doesn’t consider army size.

Took a Polish city, promoted a swordsman to a unit that uses guns and more cavalry are coming (across the sea is the only place where I have like any production at all) so things are looking up.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

Unfortunately Midir can't use both.

Well that's an issue. 

But seriously, any HP draining weapon beats right through Great Shield so no worries!

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Print more money. Let inflation become tomorrow's problem.

Well, if all goes well, the game will end before tomorrow....

Yup, my cavalry now do like two damage to this Polish city, I’ll load an old save and see if I can blitz the capital and let Jadwiga go but if not... gg?

Played Mario Party 3 for a bit, and the CPU opponents are morons. 

"Let's see, I have the option of stealing coins from someone with 60 coins, or the player with 3 coins, obviously choose the player". 

Lmao, waste of a perfectly good steal right there.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Played Mario Party 3 for a bit, and the CPU opponents are morons. 

"Let's see, I have the option of stealing coins from someone with 60 coins, or the player with 3 coins, obviously choose the player". 

Lmao, waste of a perfectly good steal right there.

But if that AI holds a grudge against whoever has 3 coins then they’re actually a very accurate representation of a Mario Party player.

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I still think about how CrossCode mastered the art of writing a silent protagonist. It really doesn't come close too.

What did they do to master the art?

Just now, Sooks said:

What did they do to master the art?

A character who is canonically mute yet has a ton of personality.

Well, Lea isn't 100% mute, she is capable of saying a very few select amount of words but these words are very basic and not enough to form a full sentence. But the amount of personality she has ensures that you can basically fill in the blanks with what she's trying to say.

All of this put into a very good personal story.

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Interdimensional Observer, how big of a deal is being bankrupt?

And how do I fix it?

Every negative 10 Gold you're in arrears causes -1 Amenity. That I can imagine would add up fast, leading to decreased yields of all kinds, and possibly rebel barbarian units spawning in your cities.

As for ways to try to fix your current crisis:

• Try to lay down more Harbors and Commercial Hubs for the gold they naturally generate + Trade Routes. Try not to build more infrastructure of other kinds for now, since those cost daily maintenance. You can run Harbor or Commercial Hub projects for a little extra gold while the projects are active, if you don't have anything inexpensive for the cities to otherwise do.
  • If you have any Envoys laying around, send them to Commercial City-States if they don't have 6 Envoys in them already.
  • Check to see if you have any policies that can increase Gold income. Triangular Trade, Merchant Confederation, Free Market, Town Charters, Naval Infrastructure, Raj; you should have access to some of these.
  • Improve any Deer/Furs/Ivory/Truffles that haven't been improved, or Bananas/Citrus/Cocoa/Cotton/Coffee/Dyes/incense/Silk/Spices/Sugar/Tea/Tobacco/Wine, or resources found in the sea. Camps, Plantations, and Fishing Boats with Cartography researched add 2 Gold to a tile's yield. Be sure your citizens are assigned to these tiles.
  • If Jadwiga still has money left to give you, you could try selling her any luxuries you have excess copies of, she might pay a few gold per turn for each.

Those should help stop the long-term bleeding. Since you're at war, you can also pillage improvements in enemy territory to get some small bursts of Gold now. Pillaging Mines and Lumber Mills can get you a little Gold (as can China's Great Walls if they've built any), just keep in mind if you take that city and choose to keep it, you'll need to repair the pillaged tiles. Pillaging costs 3 movement points to perform, or all of them if the unit's maximum move is less than 3.

Man, the way to upgrade the ranking of one of my units in AE continues to elude me. Too many dungeon runs for the item drop I want, but still nothing.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Let the crossovers...

TaA0um7.png

… continue!

Also, yes, it does get brought up the Phantasia characters have done time traveling of their own.

Also, to those more familiar with Vesperia, is that Repede dog really a smoker or the pipe is just for show? XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Also, skits!

EsQgY76.png

voG7iMy.png

Wouldn't be a Tales collab without them. They're voiced, too! Only if set to Japanese voices, though. Which the PC version doesn't have as an option. ... Well, actually, I already looked up that there is a Skit Theatre somewhere, so if I wished that badly to hear them I guess I can download it on my phone (or Bluestacks or something) and transfer the data to hear them out. Or find them on Youtube or something.

I'd say, it's odd if amusing just watching the voiceless skits, then have one with the party's cat (as I mentioned before, yes, there's a cat with the party, even if it doesn't up in most cutscenes), since those sounds are still there. So random meowing in an otherwise silent skit, pft.

Okay, that's it for tonight. Will continue this tomorrow...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

I can’t tell if this is a jab at me but I was surprised at the creativity from these levels, not them getting more difficult.

Ergh... No, not really. What kind of a jerk do you take me for? It's a jab at FE lol.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Wait... what? Unless you’re talking about like, maddening, then no? Why would you think that? Maddening is the only one I can think of (of the ones I’ve played) where early game is the most difficult part.

In my opinion, obviously.

Really? As far as I'm aware the general consensus is that most FEs are far more difficult at the beginning, because after that your units start to snowball in stats and you start to get powerful tools like warp and stronger weapons, and the game just cannot keep up. The GBA games, the Tellius games, the original Mystery, Three Houses and Genealogy all suffer from this issue.

Shadow Dragon could've been fine, but it falls apart due to easy warp access and broken forges. As for Thracia, it has both the Shadow Dragon warp issue and the "game can't keep up with the player's snowballing" issue, and on top of that its lategame maps all range from boring to just plain horrible. In my opinion, it has the worst lategame in any FE.

Conquest and New Mystery in its higher difficulties are pretty much the only ones that manage a decent difficulty curve, and even then, New Mystery has ambush spawns fun and Conquest's difficulty spike, I would argue, has the completely opposite problem: It's too much, too sudden and too unforgiving if your team isn't super optimal.

Now, prepare yourselves, because coming from me this is going to come as one hell of a shock, but I believe Berwick Saga is the closest to having a proper difficulty curve. Its most difficult maps are in the chapters 10-13 range, which is very much the lategame, and the earlygame is the easiest part, as it should be. Though, admittedly, Berwick does ease up a bit in its final two maps.

As for the rest of KagaSaga, Vestaria has a good curve too, but TRS's difficulty curve is all over the place. Mostly for story reasons, so I'm willing to forgive it a bit, but... yeah.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now, prepare yourselves, because coming from me this is going to come as one hell of a shock, but I believe Berwick Saga is the closest to having a proper difficulty curve. Its most difficult maps are in the chapters 10-13 range, which is very much the lategame, and the earlygame is the easiest part, as it should be. Though, admittedly, Berwick does ease up a bit in its final two maps.

Kinda agree, but not really. Berwick's Mid game was the easiest part for me.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's too much, too sudden and too unforgiving if your team isn't super optima

It doesn't need to be optimal, after all i finished Conquest Hard ironman while losing Camilla and alot of the stronger units mid game.

But you went out of your way to sabotage yourself. An averge team would do fine in conquest, and i am speaking from experience. Eltosian even finished Lunatic wihout Royals.

Otherwise, yeah, i agree with your post. It's one of FE's biggest problems

Edited by Shrimperor

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Kinda agree, but not really. Berwick's Mid game was the easiest part for me.

Sure, you've a right to be wrong your own opinion.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But you went out of your way to sabotage yourself.

Yes, this is why I wish to replay Conquest one day. With Thracia I've played it enough times to know that the lategame is just awful, but Conquest is one game where I'm not sure if my problems were due entirely to an excessive difficulty spike or if my team was that unfortunate. I do feel that it's a shame that the game isn't flexible enough to allow for such memey builds, but... Well, I really should see what the game feels like when Corrin isn't horrible, hahah.

...I don't see how Takumi's Castle can improve even with a super team, though. The map's super long and the enemies are incredibly tough, and one misstep puts you at the very beginning. Eugh...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I don't see how Takumi's Castle can improve even with a super team, though. The map's super long and the enemies are incredibly tough, and one misstep puts you at the very beginning. Eugh...

While i agree it's long, i don't think it's bad. But a check point would've helped yes
And with a good team you have more breathing room. Also that map really requires smart use of staves