Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Spara said:

That would be a sight xD

I do particularly look forward to how you'll react with story stuff, hehe

I'm worried about the lategame, not gonna lie... Textractor worked like shit, and when it actually did work at all, the quality of the translations was awful. Unless Zephgarus returns all of a sudden with the remaining 8 chapters of the game translated, I might not be able to experience the full story.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

he's gotta wait for me though! I will try to finish VS1 tonight...depending on how long the final map will take me

Not to worry, I'll wait for you. I've got Metal Gear College Ball to keep me going until then!

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

he's gotta wait for me though! I will try to finish VS1 tonight...depending on how long the final map will take me

Aye, 'tis a doozy of a map. Good luck! 

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm worried about the lategame, not gonna lie... Textractor worked like shit, and when it actually did work at all, the quality of the translations was awful. Unless Zephgarus returns all of a sudden with the remaining 8 chapters of the game translated, I might not be able to experience the full story.

You should be able to get the gist of most things. I can always answer questions, too, if need be. It's definitely noticeably shoddier in some places than others, but yeah. Only place I had trouble getting all the translations was the epilogue, which was a hassle to get working because I would have to restart the game and speed through to get back to where I was, or else Textractor would just die.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Perhaps I should go and read some supports online.

Please do, hopefully you'd find some new appreciations for these characters that you didn't know you had. You mentioned Henry so in particular, i recommend reading his Support with Olivia.

You can also look at the DLC interactions as well, some good stuff there.

10 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Binding Blade has basically the same plot beats as Shadow Dragon.

Moreso Mystery than Shadow Dragon but yes.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I put it below Awakening, that's how you know it's an affront to mankind.

Jokes on you, i also put Mystery below Awakening.

should i stream tho, or post my reactions here like i've been doing?

I'm down for either, myself.

Ya know (Finale Spoilers)

Spoiler

Zade kinda reminds me of Ike. Or a calm version of him. Don't misunderstand me, they're totally different characters, but the way he wants to do nothing with politics when it's all over and become a mercenary leader reminds me of Ike haha.

NGL he rose in my eyes a bit the last few chapters, he has kinda been a non-character early on 

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Same. I think I have decided to do Namco x Capcom -> Endless Frontier duology, assuming I can get DS emulation running.

Heh, we have the opposite problems. You can't really run PS2 yet but I can. Meanwhile, our experiences with DS emulation are the exact opposite.

As I have pointed out, you will want a stable frame rate for Endless Frontier even though it is a turn-based RPG. The primary combat aspect is trying to keep enemies juggled in the air as much as possible. If they touch the ground for the slightest moment, they can start guarding your attacks again, or worse, Forced Evasion which premature ends your attack and likely gets followed by a slight counterattack by the enemy. Lag that keeps interrupts your timing on adding in additional attacks could mess up your combos. 

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is Walhart a good villain? Is the Valm arc great?

The fan-named "Valm Arc" didn't inherently have a bad premise, it just doesn't belong. Because outside of introducing the gemstones and a little Lucina and Basilio stuff, the entire story is not directly relevant to the "Plegia/Gangrel Arc" and the "Grimleal/Grima Arc", which are more interconnected. As a direct sequel to Awakening, it would've been fine, it'd have given Valm an entire game to develop its story, but as is, it squeezes too much into too small a package.

Walhart is sorta likable. Maybe he has no idea how to govern an empire, but he loves conquering and has quite a bit of bombast. The premise of a staunchly Atheist Humanist Charismatic Dictator is kinda cool. I doubt any empire he assembled would endure for long past his death, because I think it would be too dependent on his extraordinary person and he wouldn't have constructed stable institutions to effectively manage it after his death, but such is life.

Like Zephiel, Walhart believes in the necessity of order, but he shits on the idea of eradicating humanity or enslaving it to dragons. Like Ashnard, Walhart loves battle and human nature, but he would disagree on letting the world fall into pure chaos. Like Travant, he wants to conquer, but Travant has a narrow goal -the whole Thracia and nothing more- whilst Walhart has no limits to his ambitions. If you can't tell, I really want the four of these guys to get into a fight with their entire armies against each other.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uh... Look, I've given the entire series a chance, but a game that doesn't even have FE gameplay is not something I've any interest on. You'll have to forgive me for not being so attached to the series's name that I'd waste my time on anything that plasters the words "fire" and "emblem" on its title. If the premise was even slightly interesting to me, them maybe, but it isn't. Soooo yeah.

I know you were memeing, but well, those are my honest reasons for not wanting to play Tokyo Mirage.

Not to mention the last playable character uses Navarre as his Mirage. No permadeath + playable Navarre = the game does not exist for you.😛

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Jokes on you, i also put Mystery below Awakening.

Utterly shameless, Armagon. Utterly shameless.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The fan-named "Valm Arc" didn't inherently have a bad premise, it just doesn't belong.

Yes, that was the impression I got before I started skipping. A shame.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not to mention the last playable character uses Navarre as his Mirage. No permadeath + playable Navarre = the game does not exist for you.😛

E E E A A A R G H

Utterly disgusting!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hide contents

Zade kinda reminds me of Ike. Or a calm version of him. Don't misunderstand me, they're totally different characters, but the way he wants to do nothing with politics when it's all over and become a mercenary leader reminds me of Ike haha.

NGL he rose in my eyes a bit the last few chapters, he has kinda been a non-character early on 

Good to hear you like him better now. And Cyltan? Did he also rise in your eyes?

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, all right. Fair enough. That does makes sense. Perhaps I should go and read some supports online. Like, I've heard there's a Henry support that gives characterization to the Plegian throwaways, of all people. That sounds legit great! Plus, Libra/Tharja actually did grab my interest, I was just unable to get it to A because the game became Panne Emblem right afterwards. Hmm...

If you want to like Panne more and want to read supports, I will recommend Libra/Panne.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And Cyltan? Did he also rise in your eyes?

Oh, alot. I just think his ''development'' was a bit rushed. That one chapter whe Hoelun saved him should've had a CG as well, if a kiss between Zade and Athol got one....

If you are asking me about my fav. characters they would be Hoelun and Theo, i think. Athol would've been there if it wasn't for her stupid stunt at the defence chapter and some of her pouting.

...let's leave full impressions until i finish the game

Oh, alot. I just think his ''development'' was a bit rushed. That one chapter whe Hoelun saved him should've had a CG as well, if a kiss between Zade and Athol got one....

Unfortunately Kaga is kind of a dick like that.

But yeah, that's the kind of character Cyltan is. I've seen it in a few more places, and I'll admit, I've a soft spot for that kind of development.

If you are asking me about my fav. characters they would be Hoelun and Theo, i think

Hey, mine too! Alongside Hilda, in my case.

...let's leave full impressions until i finish the game

Fair enough.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hide contents

Early one he came across as if he was simply being humble. But his mask slipped a fair amount of times since then and it became apparent just how serious he is when belittling himself, especially when he is compared to his brother.

I do like Zade a lot. He is a precious baby.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As I have pointed out, you will want a stable frame rate for Endless Frontier even though it is a turn-based RPG. The primary combat aspect is trying to keep enemies juggled in the air as much as possible. If they touch the ground for the slightest moment, they can start guarding your attacks again, or worse, Forced Evasion which premature ends your attack and likely gets followed by a slight counterattack by the enemy. Lag that keeps interrupts your timing on adding in additional attacks could mess up your combos. 

Good to know. I'll be trying a different DS emulator when i get to it because Desume has always been kinda laggy for me.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you can't tell, I really want the four of these guys to get into a fight with their entire armies against each other.

Ashnard has the unfair advantage of blessed armor. Maybe Travant's Holy Weapon (he has one, right?) can theoretically pierce it but Zephiel and Walhart would be outta luck (the Legendary Weapons of Elibe are just really strong but not mythical and the Wolf Berg is just a personalized axe).

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

E E E A A A R G H

Utterly disgusting!

Oh boy.

You thought Navarre was edgy in his own games? This is what he looks like if you promote him into a Swordmaster in TMS

latest.png?width=523&height=432

All your worst nightmares.

I hope HSoS has more stuff like ch17 and 19 and less like 18 haha

I suppose that depends on perspective, but yeah, it has some great maps! There're only two duds I can think of, though next time, I might try playing the latter "dud" map in a very different way to see if it's any better doing it the way Kaga seemingly intended and not the way that makes the map easiest. 

Just now, Armagon said:

Ashnard has the unfair advantage of blessed armor. Maybe Travant's Holy Weapon (he has one, right?) can theoretically pierce it but Zephiel and Walhart would be outta luck (the Legendary Weapons of Elibe are just really strong but not mythical and the Wolf Berg is just a personalized axe).

Assuming the blessings are the same quality as the Black Knight's armor, Travant's Gungnir might stand a chance. Or, Zephiel could try having Idunn or a slew of their War Dragons breathe on Ashnard, since Dragon Laguz breath pierces the blessings too. Unfortunately, Walhart doesn't seem to have any potential options, other than a castle collapse atop of Ashy.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

ummm, where's Lianka? I mean i can imagine why Ed wouldn't be there since it's a cave at all (even though there're 2 dragons down there, and even then we saw a dismounted Ed...), but where is Lianka? She has 2 of my repair stones for that Team...

She left the party along with Eddard and Ma'aya.

If Eddard would have died back in the desert, Lianka would actually be available for this map. It's why there is this empty spot in the middle of your party formation. Of course doing the prison chapter without Eddard is... an experience, let's put it that way.

anywaya, gotta finish some stuff before i can start endgame. Cya all in an hour or 2

Of course doing the prison chapter without Eddard is... an experience, let's put it that way.

I don't wann even imagine it

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Wraith said:

To look at Him was to go blind. To stand before Him was to die.

I mean, that seems like a weird way to treat your followers, blinding anyone who gazes upon you.

Also, just like the setting to have standing be a life-threatening situation:

50a725e402772ad789937b4ea549df42.jpg

(Also, looking for an appropriate image also got me Minerva for whatever reason. I didn't google for her SD art to make that meme last night, so I have no idea what happened)

Just now, Armagon said:

You thought Navarre was edgy in his own games? This is what he looks like if you promote him into a Swordmaster in TMS

Ow_the_edge.jpg

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Good lord. Clearly TMS is the worst game in existence. Wraith was right all along!

...That, and the absolute bastards had the gall not to include Wrys. Wrys should always be included. The worst Archanea game turned him into a vulnerary! Can you believe this!?

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(Also, looking for an appropriate image also got me Minerva for whatever reason. I didn't google for her SD art to make that meme last night, so I have no idea what happened)

When the player finds out that the Whitewings only retreat if you kill them in that one Shadow Dragon map.