Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Yes, thank you!

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I didn't say it was poorly designed, I'd say it was unnecessary design. Not because it was bad, but because how little it was likely used. Maybe if a Tales tossed an online version of its usual coliseum it'd have seen a spike in real use.

But if Tales of didn't have constant perfect FPS, comboes would be impossible, making online unlikely.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

🤨

Hey, that part is strikethrough for a reason! 30 seconds worth of googling led me to that conclusion.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although in your case, maybe you should offer them a little mercy. Although they are rife with pretty anime boys and cute/cleaved anime girls, they do have a few old men.

1ae8a84933b31f7c6371a7d582f55fb7.jpg

Yes. That is good. All games must keep a balance between anime waifus and old men.

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

What are you doing to my precious units?

"Hilda's" battle convo in that part had me shaken to the core.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That's map is kinda sick ngl.

Like, it's hella weird, but in a good way haha.

It feels more like a puzzle dungeon than a map, but i dig this.

Oh yeah, it's a super unique map. Really experimental. One of my favorites in the game, certainly.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Hilda's" battle convo in that part had me shaken to the core

Spoiler

Her's is the one that made the least sense tbh. Like they are fighting their inner dark self, and for most it made sense.

Hers made me go ''wat?''

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, it's a super unique map. Really experimental. One of my favorites in the game, certainly.

definetly.

I am not even mad at some of the surprises haha

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Being able to deploy a super-unit or three every map, with certain limitations (Limited means of healing? Energy consumption for actions? An inability to move more than X spaces away from its brain-linked master?), alongside the standard basic infantry and infantry with extra armor/cyber-bicycles/jetpacks or hoverboard. Sounds like an alright idea to try for a single game.

I believe Fates Puppeteers had a similar mechanic going on. This would be like, an expansion of that system. Yeah, that sounds neat.

And if they don't want to go full sci-fi, they can go the magitech route of Baten Kaitos.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What? But I praised something about Awakening!

That was for the horny.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

would take a FE made by Monolith Soft. Modern IntSys are terrible at making FE games, and Conquest feels more accidental than anything else. Might as well hand over the brand to someone else.

Not even trying to be biased, a Monolith Soft FE had the easy potential to be better than the entire series and KagaSaga combined. Monolith has SRPG experience too (granted, not the FE way) so it's not like they'll be tackling something new.

5 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Made myself a birthday present by puchasing Persona 5 Strikers for 35 € on Amazon.

Though I guess no one here does play it...

I think I should turn into a ghost again since this chat is blasted with games and other things I have no clue of, and no one plays or cares for Kirby.

Monologing only causes depression.

Ayy happy birthday.

Also have you played Planet Robobot? I feel like you have but I'm not sure. I'm asking because that's the best Kirby game imo.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

rJufc1t.png

lml9itm.png

Kaga what is this?

What are you doing to my precious units?

Did your units get turned to bones?

45 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

MkHl254.png

dafuq is going on in  this map

what was Kaga smoking xD

I think it's hilarious how the game is going "a terrible fate has befallen one of your units. But don't worry, for she is not dead".

Ok, but seriously, how are suppossed to do this map without Dune? Ironmanning this game and losing Dune can lead to a most likely softlock

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ok, but seriously, how are suppossed to do this map without Dune? Ironmanning this game and losing Dune can lead to a most likely softlock

What's so important about Dune that you'd need him on this map?

Just now, Armagon said:

What's so important about Dune that you'd need him on this map?

His Prf Bow.

Not only does it deal effective Damage to certain very powerful enemies, but it also gives him Canto.

And this is not the first map where i feel without some of the units the player has it would be a softlock

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Happy birthday!

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Happy Birthday @Zan Partizanne!

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ayy happy birthday.

Thankies!

Also have you played Planet Robobot? I feel like you have but I'm not sure. I'm asking because that's the best Kirby game imo.

Yes, I have, and it's my favorite Kirby game too from solo player aspect.

Would probably still rank Return To Dreamland as the best game overall for having four player mode.

The Great Cave Offensive isn't too complicated for me, you can stick to one area until you clear it out of treasures and then move on to the next. Maybe you stumble into the next area accidentally in the crystal caves and cloud gardens portions, but the jungle is pretty linear and the castle is entirely optional.

The actual problem for is if I die, I will have to start from the very beginning.

The structure isn't too complicated, but replaying all the stuff all over again is a bit annoying.

By the way I forgot something to ask the past days: I'd like to release a part of my SRPG for test playing.

I'd like get a feedback about the gameplay and difficulty (not the story and characterization since it's still in progress) before I'm going to do any further without having the certainty it's playable. If there are any volunteers who would like to test it, I'd be grateful. I'd share it in the upcoming weekend.

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Monolith has SRPG experience too (granted, not the FE way)

Don't remind me. 

I don't care if according to Wikipedia, Famitsu the Score Inflator gave the game a rather low 28/40, I still need to get to Namco x Capcom. Reiji, Xiaomu, twelve years since we first met, and I've never seen your beginnings. I owe you the honor.

Before you say "watch an LP then if what you mostly want is to see the characters", that would save me the ~$1000 for the necessary PC, but I feel like I have to play the game instead to get a real appreciation for them. Plus, between XS, Original Generations, and Berwick, there is a bunch of PS2 emulation I would want to do. And if I could run Citra without the game lagging on this kind of stuff: 

I'd emulate the Project X Zone duology. Buying them both nowadays could probably run nearly a hundred bucks.

Toss in Steam-ing Trails to expand my JRPG horizons into that series, and a few other games on Steam too (maybe I could try Arise then), and I'd say it'd be a worthwhile investment for me. Albeit still a pricey one.

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And if they don't want to go full sci-fi, they can go the magitech route of Baten Kaitos.

Can we get more of Lyude's "sound shock guns"? Weird if novel idea that was. And of course, I'll take a few Guillos.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

35 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>multi tile monster

Kaga did that first, too?

BABY ADONSPHAIR!

Would be a cooler boss if the failsafe wasn't super obscure.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

Would be a cooler boss if the failsafe wasn't super obscure.

...there's a failsafe?

In case you don't have Dune, huh?

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

..there's a failsafe?

There's a chest in the bottom-right of the map that contains a Withered Bow. If Cyltan enters the middle hall-room thing with it in his inventory and not the Am Solim, it becomes Ceddica's Will, a very, very powerful bow. A trained Cyltan will just ORKO, and an untrained one will deal very decent damage, especially with buffs from Siegfried and Aynellia.

23 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I'd like get a feedback about the gameplay and difficulty (not the story and characterization since it's still in progress) before I'm going to do any further without having the certainty it's playable. If there are any volunteers who would like to test it, I'd be grateful. I'd share it in the upcoming weekend.

If I manage to get SRPG studio to work for me, I think I might take you up on it. It certainly wouldn't be the only thing to do it for.

Apologies for not mentioning your birthday earlier by the way.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In other words, Fates is the only competently designed FE in the modern era.

Well...

Every day I gain new appreciation for that game. One of these days I must put out these unelitist tendencies by playing Birthright. Or worse... Revelation.

You think Revelation is worse than Birthright?

I mean you’re right, but why? I through you didn’t know much about either of them. I think you would quit Birthright out of boredom because nothing happens in the story until the veeery end so just imagine Awakening up to chapter 8 but for almost every chapter with the occasional mention of siblings or something, and the maps won’t meet your standards, so I can’t really see anything keeping you.

Oh wait Rinkah is playable in that one.

Revelation’s story, meanwhile, is an actual plot and I think would be something to laugh at for you (Rinkah is also playable though).

...You know what's concerning, though? I cared more about Conquest's cast than Awakening's. I never skipped a support in Conquest

Maybe I'm just misremembering, but while they weren't exactly super engaging, Fates's supports were at least a bit better than Awakening's!

That is concerning. Conquest’s supports are dull and lifeless, completely devoid of any charm or life, but not only are the interactions between characters in Awakening sometimes charming/cute in and of themselves (Sully and Kellam, Miriel and Vaike, etc.) but there are a few genuinely good supports hidden there. Just a tad.

Of course that’s all my opinion. Maybe you skipped them too early, because y’know...

The only other chain that was semi interesting was Libra/Tharja.

Oh hey that’s one that gets a lot of praise (but people dunk on the S support a lot). I’ve yet to read it but-

It was headed in an interesting direction. Unfortunately, they had very little to do in the final chapters, so they couldn't raise enough points for A before they both died.

Only in a Ruben play through.

Unless they used some sort of "power of friendship" shenanigans to spare her life. Wouldn't surprise me...

How much did you skip?? They’ve been foreshadowing that forever now lol

And yeah, that’s what happened but I actually like it because it doesn’t come out of nowhere and the end is a parody of the first cutscene, genuinely touching

Sounds very America/10 to me.

We need Armstrong elected don’t we?

29 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

By the way I forgot something to ask the past days: I'd like to release a part of my SRPG for test playing.

Since this is the last week of the semester, I can definitely make some room to play test.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I still need to get to Namco x Capcom.

Same. I think I have decided to do Namco x Capcom -> Endless Frontier duology, assuming I can get DS emulation running.

Heh, we have the opposite problems. You can't really run PS2 yet but I can. Meanwhile, our experiences with DS emulation are the exact opposite.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can we get more of Lyude's "sound shock guns"? Weird if novel idea that was.

I always found it funny how Lyude's attacks were all music based but his weapon is just a gun. Like all his attack Magnus are different trumpets and the like but his weapon model is still a gun.

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  Hide contents

g6gi9M2.png

''ritual''

Anyway, starting final map later today!

Let me know how that behemoth of a map goes.

15 minutes ago, Spara said:

There's a chest in the bottom-right of the map that contains a Withered Bow. If Cyltan enters the middle hall-room thing with it in his inventory and not the Am Solim, it becomes Ceddica's Will, a very, very powerful bow. A trained Cyltan will just ORKO, and an untrained one will deal very decent damage, especially with buffs from Siegfried and Aynellia.

....and if you have the Am Solim in his inventory instead?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

..and if you have the Am Solim in his inventory instead?

Nothing happens to it, since the game expects you to use Am Solim for the kill if you still have it.

4 minutes ago, Spara said:

Nothing happens to it, since the game expects you to use Am Solim for the kill if you still have it.

Ah, so the failsafe is only if you're ultra fucked then.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You think Revelation is worse than Birthright?

I mean you’re right, but why?

Remember when before I played Awakening I was saying that Awakening seemed like the kind of game I wouldn't enjoy? Just as then, I am merely parroting the general consensus.

Of course, my conceptions of Awakening were simultaneously proven completely correct and hilariously wrong, so... Who knows, really.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean you’re right, but why? I through you didn’t know much about either of them. I think you would quit Birthright out of boredom because nothing happens in the story until the veeery end so just imagine Awakening up to chapter 8 but for almost every chapter with the occasional mention of siblings or something, and the maps won’t meet your standards, so I can’t really see anything keeping you.

Oh wait Rinkah is playable in that one.

Revelation’s story, meanwhile, is an actual plot and I think would be something to laugh at for you (Rinkah is also playable though).

I like how you aren't even bringing up the gameplay. Just the story and Rinkah.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Maybe you skipped them too early, because y’know...

Maybe I did. There might be interesting things lying beyond, I don't deny. It's just, the early parts of Awakening's story and the early supports were all so fucking bad that I got tired of giving it chances.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh hey that’s one that gets a lot of praise (but people dunk on the S support a lot). I’ve yet to read it but-

Only in a Ruben play through.

Not gonna lie, I was genuinely sad. I wanted to know Libra's backstory. But Panne took over the game before they could get there, and then they died.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How much did you skip??

Nothing up to the Hierarch bullshit. After that, I started to occassionally skip scenes here and there.

After Gangrel's death, though? Literally everything. Didn't watch a single scene outside of the couple support chains that I kinda wanted to see.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

We need Armstrong elected don’t we?

I mean, you kinda already did... Armstrong even says "make America great again" at one point.

29 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Anyway, starting final map later today!

Best of luck, Shrimpy! Get through it, and then I can play an actually good FE for a change.

25 minutes ago, Spara said:

This is so Kaga.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Best of luck, Shrimpy! Get through it, and then I can play an actually good FE for a change.

You're gonna play Tokyo Mirage Sessions? Awesome.

LeaSmug.png

Edited by Armagon

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Since this is the last week of the semester, I can definitely make some room to play test.

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

If I manage to get SRPG studio to work for me, I think I might take you up on it. It certainly wouldn't be the only thing to do it for.

Ah, this would be cool.

It's not long, this would be four plus one optional maps, max. of two hours gameplay time.

The game shall have seven (plus the one optional) maps in total since I don't have the luxus aka time to make a +20 maps game like a standard Fire Emblem game has.

Apologies for not mentioning your birthday earlier by the way.

Thanks and don't worry!

I haven't cared for my birthday anymore for years since there's nothing to celebrate anymore.