Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Oh yeah and @Saint Rubenio on top of getting quartz that give more than one type of element, there are also quartz that give more than one value for whatever element(s) it gives. For example, you have HP 1 as your water quartz which gives +1 water, but you can get HP 2 which gives +3 water. And it wouldn’t take you til late game to unlock the revive spell at least for one chapter, because even if you have a ton of trouble getting a line with all that, someone automatically joins with it in chapter 2.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, if I understand this correctly... Yeah, it is utterly impossible for me to get Thelas right now. In fact, with how absurdly rare water sepith are, I'm growing increasingly afraid that I'll have to grind.

And I am not grinding.

It depends on the type of monster you fight whether or not you get it, you’ll get it much more excessively in later areas. No grinding necessary.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

how absurdly rare water sepith are

first time i hear anyone saying this xD

People are usually searching for more Time or fire haha.

But yeah don't grind. I never did grind either.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:
  Hide contents

I got to play as Joshua lvl 72 and holy **** he is strong. Xd wiped Mueller out no problem-o.

yeah because you're playing on normal xD

That fight on Hard and/or Nightmare is hell. One of the hardest in the series.

I think the one that’s the most common for me is probably earth.

Also, Ruben, how are you approaching battles? Joshua never died that much for me, the very beginning of the game is tough and I would get it, but after the perzel farm quest I was starting to manage I think.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean... is it enjoyable..?

Not that I know anything about this boss battle, but you and YouTube comment sections seem to regard SC hard as veeeeery difficult.

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, the green unit died.

isn't he a game over condition?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I mean... is it enjoyable..?

would i be shilling it so much if i didn't find it fun? xD

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Huh? I'm not playing on Normal this time. 

Also, I was joking. Xd it sounded cooler that way though.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

would i be shilling it so much if i didn't find it fun? xD

I just meant that boss battle specifically, of course overall SC is like your favorite game ever.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Also, Ruben, how are you approaching battles?

...Is there more than one way? So far there's being very little variety to it. Normal attacks do absolutely nothing, and with only two units and a very limited spell pool, right now it's just "charge soul blur, charge fire bolt, rinse and repeat" with the occassional heal thrown in there.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

isn't he a game over condition?

Yeah.

He is.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

...Is there more than one way? So far there's being very little variety to it. Normal attacks do absolutely nothing, and with only two units and a very limited attack pool, right now it's just "charge soul blur, charge fire bolt, rinse and repeat" with the occassional heal thrown in there.

Have you purchased anything from the armory at all?

Okay, so

1- I like how I could've just forgotten the miner-in-training and left him for dead.

2- That guy is extremely suspicious.

Just now, Sooks said:

Have you purchased anything from the armory at all?

A staff and a bit of armor. Budget's tight, so I couldn't get much more than that.

Normal attacks do absolutely nothing

Morale!

..Is there more than one way?

yeah, change your positioning as an example so you can start a bit further back and enemies don't reach you turn 1

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Morale!

I do that for boss fights. Not necessary for grunts when spells 2-shot most things.

yeah, change your positioning as an example so you can start a bit further back and enemies don't reach you turn 1

Oh yeah, I did that ages ago already. Seems to be something you do once and forget about it for life, to be honest.

Awwww... Okay, gotta say, I'm a bit disappointed. I was sure that I'd be given the option to return the card to the miner that lent it to us, and if I didn't I'd be penalized slightly for it at the report. Unfortunately, it seems we returned it offscreen. Dammit, and here I thought I was a genius...

2- That guy is extremely suspicious.

How ever did you find out??

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

1- I like how I could've just forgotten the miner-in-training and left him for dead.

Wait, really? You could do that?

A staff and a bit of armor. Budget's tight, so I couldn't get much more than that.

If Joshua’s dying that often grab him some armor when you can.

Oh yeah, I did that ages ago already. Seems to be something you do once and forget about it for life, to be honest.

Prepare to get wrecked in early chapter 3.

Awwww... Okay, gotta say, I'm a bit disappointed. I was sure that I'd be given the option to return the card to the miner that lent it to us, and if I didn't I'd be penalized slightly for it at the report. Unfortunately, it seems we returned it offscreen. Dammit, and here I thought I was a genius...

That actually happened to me too.

if I didn't I'd be penalized slightly for it at the report.

you might've not gotten the Bonus BP if the quest had any

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, holy is speed good in SC. Seems like it's much better than in FC, could be just me though.

Speed is the most important stat!

Just now, Sooks said:

How ever did you find out??

I'm very smart. Regular people could've never noticed.

Just now, Sooks said:

Wait, really? You could do that?

I'm assuming I could've. The game made a point to tell me that I could do missions badly. The chief miner only remembered four people, and the game didn't remind me of the new guy's existence until I approached his location. I could've just ran past him and taken the elevator.

I mean, the game probably would've forced me to go back and save him, but I expect I would be penalized for it. If not, I am disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If Joshua’s dying that often grab him some armor when you can.

He already has some. Really, he and Estelle both take similar damage. It's when I'm fighting stuff like, three cockroaches that one of them tends to die.

Just now, Sooks said:

Prepare to get wrecked in early chapter 3.

I mean, look. If the game just randomly decides "nah enemies are behind you now, you die", I'm not going to consider that my fault, because how could I possibly know that it would do that and change the formation accordingly? I'm not an oracle. You can't see enemy formations until the battle starts. Which... kinda kills the strategic value of the feature, not gonna lie.

you might've not gotten the Bonus BP if the quest had any

Yeah, what I was complaining about is that I actually outsmarted the game. I thought they'd want me to return the card, but when I spoke to the miner the game had seemingly forgotten about it.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Speed is the most important stat!

True!

Who would you say the best members are overall for the point I'm at?

Assuming you remember em all that is?