Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Shrimpy, I'm fighting these things that look like scorpions and they use the attack "Earthshaker" that deals around 2,400 damage, wtf am I supposed to do? It's a hunting quest around Zeiss, btw.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

36 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Shrimpy, I'm fighting these things that look like scorpions and they use the attack "Earthshaker" that deals around 2,400 damage, wtf am I supposed to do? It's a hunting quest around Zeiss, btw.

Oh yes, the Wormssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

rn45ox0wg6w41.png

Probably the most infamous quest monsters in the series

here's a tip:

Spoiler

They only use Earthshaker when you attack them. Take em out one by one if you can't take em out all at once.

Also they are weak to wind iirc

Edited by Shrimperor

Have you guys watched Erased? If so, you will understand this meme.

https://i.redd.it/t90m0boxp4z61.png

32 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I thought SnK was going to be forever remembered in popular culture. It will, but for completely different reasons than I imagined.

I am finally home. That means I can see what happens next in FC. And also be not bored.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, I heard about that. Scarlet and Izana just... randomly die for no reason at all. Which sucks, because Scarlet is cool and Izana is the best waifu.

Oh hey, I wouldn’t compare them. Izana’s is way funnier. Scarlet just sort of randomly dies after doing literally nothing, but she’s indirectly killed by the main villain and her death ties back into the plot later, but Izana doesn’t get that. Oh no no no no, after giving THE prophecy™ that solves the plot, he just collapses on the floor and dies. Why? Who knows! 

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yukimura's the incomprehensible one, from what I heard. Doesn't he just, sort of appear in a cutscene and then is promptly forgotten by the game? Such a shame, too, the man's design is so cool.

The excuse the game gives you is that he’s the one managing Hoshido why the royal family are messing around in curse land. Why couldn’t a generic have handled Hoshido? Who knows!

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

Thanks to everyone who has wished me a happy birthday. Stay classy you lovely people. I'm going to the pub to get drunk. 

You’re welcome! I hope you enjoy.

Of course, this is 4 hours late but don’t worry Wraith, it was for a reason that you’ll love.

I was busy not wasting your taxes.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Boy oh boy, you thought Conquest's plot was bad? Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha.

At least what the characters in Revelation do in sensible most of the time. 

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahaha, the game actually expects me to make the right choice. Fuck what they have to say, I'm going there and whacking them with the staff. I want to see blood after the fucking forest fun.

Wait huh? What choice? I don’t remember a choice there.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good boss.

Indeed.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, this is the last I will say about it, then I'll shut the fuck up, because I don't want to ruin everyone's fun (you should have fun), and don't get me wrong when I say this, but it is kind of comforting to know that there is at least one other who isn't enamored with Trails the Sky as much as everyone else is. For how beloved that game is around here, I felt like there is something seriously wrong with me for not enjoying it, and, like with every other widely beloved game I didn't enjoy (Conquest/Xenoblade 2), this frustrated me to no end, because I thought to myself "what the fuck am I missing?"
Because, from what I played, I wasn't floored by like, anything. There was nothing setting the game apart from other JRPGs I've played in the gameplay department, and the storytelling was no better than CS (it had all the bullshit that bothered me in those games), and the music... eh, a matter of taste, but I didn't really like the battle theme all that much.

It’s really okay to not like a very popular game, because games are completely and will always be subjective. I don’t think I would like Xenoblade either, honestly. Conquest might have many fans but it also has many detractors, so that’s not an uncommon feeling.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

*sigh*

Ah well.
Ignore me.

Never!

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Also

C U R S E

Oh no.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Oh hey, I wouldn’t compare them. Izana’s is way funnier. Scarlet just sort of randomly dies after doing literally nothing, but she’s indirectly killed by the main villain and her death ties back into the plot later, but Izana doesn’t get that. Oh no no no no, after giving THE prophecy™ that solves the plot, he just collapses on the floor and dies. Why? Who knows! 

I've heard theories that he just feigned his death to mess with the heroes and not have to work.

They sounded... Way more plausible than they by all means should.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Wait huh? What choice? I don’t remember a choice there.

The one where you either sit there and listen to what Josette has to say, or you charge at them with the staff.

I charged.

Hey @Benice where the hell are you?

Spoiler

Dorothy walks in right when we’re speculating about the bad guys are the army. I’m onto you, and the colonel who’s on your side.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Dorothy walks in right when we’re speculating about the bad guys are the army. I’m onto you, and the colonel who’s on your side.

Dorothy will be the final boss in the series

dorothy-hyatt.png

does this look like the face of mercy to  you?

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Dorothy will be the final boss in the series

dorothy-hyatt.png

does this look like the face of mercy to  you?

Exactly, it doesn’t. I can see the sadism in her eyes.

Oh my god, Joshua’s new S-craft is incredible.

Edit:

Spoiler

“Let me know anything you find out, this he SCOOP written all over it!” Yeah sure, you obviously just want to make sure we don’t learn too much from your photo that just so happened to be perfectly timed and you didn’t plan at all so we can go to the fort for your nefarious deeds.

Edited by Sooks

Spoiler

I don’t even need to bother explaining why I think the guy who comes to talk to you when you visit Fort Leiston is with the antagonists, do I?

Oh okay, at least the game is acknowledging how obvious it is.

Edited by Sooks

Alright, finished through the last five levels of Wrath of Cortex and beat Crunch for the fifth time.

Man, playing through Crash and Burn and I kinda wish we'd had gotten the original pitch of the level. It got truncated out of between third to half its original length and lost what likely was a miniboss battle.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Also funny thing.

This is like the only level track that gets to loop itself back, rather than fading out as the other tracks do.

Apparently this actually caused an issue when porting, and a result the NGC and Xbox versions of the game had to take it out.