Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

After Trails in the Sky 3rd there're the 2 Crossbell games, Zero and Ao no Kiseki

They aren'T available legally in english tho

Oh, okay gotcha. 

My thoughts on Trails in the Sky SC: I'll use spoilers in case.

Spoiler

The story was amazing, I loved that they kept all the NPCs you met throughout the first one and kept them relevant to the story.

The player characters growing was really well handled. I liked watching them mature in their own ways.

I'm happy Estelle and Joshua got their happy ending! 

The music was amazing, ofc. No issues here, as most of its preference either way.

Gameplay: the battles were hard, partly probably cause I played on a harder mode this time. 

I got a tad cocky against the enforcers and Loewe ended up killing me with demon flames turn 2, 10,000 damage to my whole team lol.

Also the gimmick against Luci was awesome, I ended up killing my whole team with an S craft, haha. Till I realised that you could see which one was real by their EXP worth and Sepith drops. Nicely done.

Final boss actually wasnt that bad. I liked it much more than the first ones final boss.

I ended up as a B+ rank Bracer, not too bad.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

partly probably cause I played on a harder mode this time. 

you did? You played on hard this time around?

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I ended up as a B+ rank Bracer, not too bad

nice nice! Almost nobody get's A-rank i SC as you need 380/382 BP...

which means 1 Mistake and you are out lol

B Rank is canon anyway xD

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I love beating people up.

...In Yakuza.

"It makes you wonder, why people actually spend 80 bucks to beat up a bunch of sprits to the ground where they can do it for free on a real live human being." - George Wood

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hide contents

The story was amazing, I loved that they kept all the NPCs you met throughout the first one and kept them relevant to the story.

I remain skeptical about if I should play the Trials of series. I’ve heard that Trails of Cold Steel is just meh and I need more convincing beyond just it’s “amazing world building” as stated by Mother’s Basement.

Edited by Wraith

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

you did? You played on hard this time around?

nice nice! Almost nobody get's A-rank i SC as you need 380/382 BP...

which means 1 Mistake and you are out lol

B Rank is canon anyway xD

It was rougher than I expected. 

Dang, I missed a few of the ingredient quests.

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

“amazing world building” stated by Mother’s Basement.

?

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

"It makes you wonder, why people actually spend 80 bucks to beat up a bunch of sprits to the ground where they can do it for free on a real live human being." - George Wood

A reference to the guy who made Gaming in the Clinton Years, of all things, was not something I was expecting.

Just bringing it up because I think that may be the greatest name for anything ever.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It was rougher than I expected. 

Play 3rd on Nightmare then 😉

It is the most gameplay focused on in the series, so enjoy it to the gameplay there to the max on the highest difficulty!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Play 3rd on Nightmare then 😉

It is the most gameplay focused on in the series, so enjoy it to the gameplay there to the max on the highest difficulty!

Ummm... I'm gonna have to pass on my first playthrough. Xd

I struggled quite a bit, but that might be cause I'm not great at the game yet, haha.

Omg @Shrimperor Kloe’s debuff completed trivialized the fight. First try while using it and I won, thank you.

That and Clock Up EX because that allowed me to frequently impede him, and Kloe’s S craft really helped when he used that super powerful art that I already forgot the name of, like you said it would.

Kaempfer MVP though, “Sieg, take ‘em down!” played like 20 times. Tfw defeated by a bird.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ummm... I'm gonna have to pass on my first playthrough. Xd

I struggled quite a bit, but that might be cause I'm not great at the game yet, haha.

Sky SC is the hardest game in the series, it's normal to struggle there xD

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Clock Up EX

You weren't using it? Of course you had trouble imped'ing him then xD

super powerful art that I already forgot the name of

Silver Thorn

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Tfw defeated by a bird.

Sieg is the true final bord of the Series

he get's nerfed to the ground in SC. Still pretty damn powerful tho

Now, ONTO THE FINAL DUNGEON!

HOLLOWED LIGHT OF THE SEALED LAND TIME!

Edited by Shrimperor

Tried to play more Future Connected, if I keep at it, maybe I'll feel better.

Initially, I think there was an emotive bump, some... optimism on my part? But as I continued to play, I think my mood began to sink again at my "wrongness". My appetite for battles wasn't what I'd think it would be if I wasn't being so critical on myself, the difference is magnitudes from my second XCX run's lust for unending battle, and my desire for do side quests has taken a hit as well. I stopped my play session sooner than would've been expected.

Nonetheless, I will say that the Bionis's Shoulder is better than I expected. I was concerned it'd be much too much like the Bionis's Leg, and that the sameness would result in a drab environment. But Monolith has weaved in subtle differences that prevent the Shoulder from falling victim to that. It has a more... pastoral, bucolic, rustic feel than the Leg, which is rougher and more akin to plains suited less for agriculture and more for livestock, or alternatively, highlands. I do like wandering around on it.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Some neat new footage.

I'm calling it now. Ludmila best girl.

Well, the game releases in just four days in Japan. Need to build up some release hype. I'm not really interested in following the details as people start playing the game in Japan. If I get the game when it releases internationally, then I'll go in pretty blind on it.

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

xRGvAFt.png

m1Jyi1h.png

Your mages cast spells at glacial speed, and while the enemies cast spells at the speed that glaciers are actually melting IRL?

Did Falcon really just pull a “win in game, lose in the cutscene” for the strongest boss that you don’t even have to beat but is an extra super challenge? 

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You weren't using it? Of course you had trouble imped'ing him then xD

I don’t think I’d ever used it throughout the whole game because I had action quartz on everyone.

Silver Thorn

No not that one, I could use equipment to not bother with the status and it barely does any damage.

The one where he spins around and like generates fire, I think it’s called devil something.

he get's nerfed to the ground in SC. Still pretty damn powerful tho

F

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Your mages cast spells at glacial speed, and while the enemies cast spells at the speed that glaciers are actually melting IRL?

I WISH

Enemies cast Magic faster than i usually do, using support positioning and equipment and stuff.

The Ai in this game is hella fucking smart. They escape your magic if they see you casting it, they heal while at low HP, they combo fucking alot, and they rush you way to early for my tastes.

It makes me glad FE Ai is stupid as it is xD 

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t think I’d ever used it throughout the whole game because I had action quartz on everyone

Without Buffs you wouldn't survive one boss in SC. Use buffs whenever needed!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The one where he spins around and like generates fire, I think it’s called devil something

that's his S-craft, not Art

Welp, for some reason OPL no longer detects the sd card adapter I have installed in the HDD bay.

Only think I  can verify isn't the problem so far is the SD card itself...everything else, who knows.

So much for playing more Berwick today.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A reference to the guy who made Gaming in the Clinton Years, of all things, was not something I was expecting.

Just bringing it up because I think that may be the greatest name for anything ever.

Do you think they made Yakuza 0 with Silicon Graphics Computers?

Without Buffs you wouldn't survive one boss in SC. Use buffs whenever needed!

Will do in SC. If I need them.

that's his S-craft, not Art

Oh.

No wonder it always killed everyone then.