Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

36 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

When Ruben spots lewds

QvnuxLy.gif

I don't know, I don't think there's enough primal rage for this gif to be accurate.

32 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Older?

How did I miss this?

Now I'm very confused. The sentence makes no sense now.

Haha Rooben cannot write

I meant the other way around...

32 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Also, that makes it ~25 years, right?

First game came out in 1996, so it's exactly 25 right now, yes.

5 minutes ago, teeheefalchion said:

Ngl, I've not had much issue finding faithful fan art when I've looked for it. Maybe I've just been lucky, idk. Seems to me like there's a good mix of faithful work and not so faithful work.

Well, it's not like I've gone out of my way to look for it. The only fanart of Touhou I see is on music videos, hah.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

First game came out in 1996, so it's exactly 25 right now, yes.

Dang youngins', giving me a heart attack with the thought I was younger than Touhou.

People are just being kinda gross about a woman for being tall (Sound on)

27 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Dang youngins', giving me a heart attack with the thought I was younger than Touhou.

Jesus, Dayni, next you'll tell me you're older than Wraith. That cannot be, he's too old to be younger than other people.

27 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I do love how nobody seems to make up their minds on how to pronounce her name.

Like, seriously, Dimitrisk? Is that how it's pronounced, really? I won't claim to be an expert, but somehow that doesn't sound right...

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Jesus, Dayni, next you'll tell me you're older than Wraith. That cannot be, he's too old to be younger than other people.

Nah he's older.

3 hours ago, TeeheeFlames said:

Also, this game's difficulty looks to be sadism in entertainment media form. This boss in particular... holy crap!
... I'll stick to watching playthroughs of this series. XD

Shall I introduce you to a bullet hell classic?:

Don't be deceived, a game beaten flawlessly in 25 minutes had to have dozens of hours behind it, which is more than I would ever invest in getting better at a game.

After reconsideration: Here's how i would rate the Trails the 3rd cast in terms of gameplay (hard mode only so far)

Spoiler

b016940379611fc6537fe806ed891413.png

No tier is in any particular order except the "A" tier. 

A tier are characters that should be somewhere on the team, in almost an scenario. They have amazing strengths and easy to cover weaknesses for the most part. Can support the party very well in alot of battles and can hold their own easily.

B Are characters that can fulfill unique niches to make them stand out alot more than others and you cant go wrong by having them around. They do have more noticable weaknesses, though.

C Are characters that are decent, but have notable flaws that drag them down a little. They CAN stand out, but fail to usually cause another character can do their job, but better.

D... that's reserved for Josette, obviously! XD

Edited by lightcosmo

You would think going to sleep later would make me wake up later but nope... same time. My brain is an enigma, sometimes. 

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Glad to know you're hyped and I missed all of it because timezones.

It was like 10 or 11 for me so I know you had no chance of being awake for it.

Hide contents

If you had chosen to have Alette and Egil around to fight, they would've helped in the fight, but Alette would've been ambushed by a dredge afterwards. You would've been given a few options to save her. Picking the wrong ones would've resulted in Egil making good on his word to keep Alette safe... At the cost of his own life.

Don't party just yet, however. I don't know how it works in PS, but in the Steam version there's an achievement for keeping Egil alive the entire game. That's how easy it is to get the poor kid murdered. So yeah. Stay alert.

Spoiler

That easy huh? I guess the devs want Egil to be Egsicuted quickly.

So does that mean you had him die right there when you played?

Oh also, is there an important-ish decision I’m forgetting I made by now? I remembered one I forgot while typing this but I forgot it again (for reference, the last thing I did was win the battle with Hogun and Mogun).

Oh, incidentally - is there a guy called Tryggvi in your game? In the PC version he's a kickstarter bonus character, but I've heard it works differently in consoles.

Yeah, he’s here. Not dead yet.

How're you liking the characters otherwise? Any favorites yet? I've already mentioned that mine is Ludin, though now that you've met the guy, you're probably wondering how that can be, haha.

No one has really had the chance to be developed that much. I guess I like Rook and Alette because they want to protect their family and Alette wants to help people in general. Also, their designs are two of my favorites, for whatever that’s worth.

Gameplay wise, Iver easily takes the cake. Factoring in the the early chapters with that other group of characters, I have a feeling that Vard might just be OP, am I correct?

As for the twins... yeah, sorry, the village's chance of survival is exactly 0. On the other hand, the people you fought were the ones who wanted to stay and let the dredge destroy them. You basically saved the ones who wanted to do the reasonable thing. Plus, you get Hogun and Mogun, which is pretty nice!

Well yeah, that was the idea. If they want to stay and die that’s on them, but they shouldn’t force others to make that risk. Besides, it read like a lot of the village wanted to come with.

Oh, and if you're wondering, it is impossible to save Vognir. He dies no matter what.

Ah yes, the character who I definitely remember. I don’t think I made any choices around that part, so yeah. I sort of suffer from the problem of too fantasy, which means that when everything in a game is named like Grögenrofelheim I tend to have trouble remembering names, so while his was thrown around a lot I kind of didn’t know who he was even when he died.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Meanwhile, FE has 8 characters in Smash while Sakurai pretends Touhou doesn't exist. I know I'm sounding like a salty Smash fan here, but c'mon. Surely even the most rabid FE fans here see the issue with this?

I actually never thought of Touhou in Smash because all I know about it is that it’s popular with many fan games and the music of it people post here is fantastic.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hide contents

That easy huh? I guess the devs want Egil to be Egsicuted quickly.

So does that mean you had him die right there when you played?

Spoiler

Indeed, I lost Egil right there. I panicked and forgot Rook had a bow lol

Hide contents

Oh also, is there an important-ish decision I’m forgetting I made by now? I remembered one I forgot while typing this but I forgot it again (for reference, the last thing I did was win the battle with Hogun and Mogun).

I believe you listed all the relevant choices up to the point where you are.

...Well, okay, no, I forget one: Did you tell Gunnulf that he looks like a frog?

Yeah, he’s here. Not dead yet.

Okay, was just curious.

No one has really had the chance to be developed that much.

I don't know, Ludin was already my favorite when the game used him getting his scrawny ass whooped as a tutorial, I loved that.

I guess I like Rook and Alette because they want to protect their family and Alette wants to help people in general. Also, their designs are two of my favorites, for whatever that’s worth.

Yeah, those two have great designs. Alette more than Rook, in my humble opinion.

Gameplay wise, Iver easily takes the cake. Factoring in the the early chapters with that other group of characters, I have a feeling that Vard might just be OP, am I correct?

Oh yeah, Iver is awesome, and he's only going to get more awesome. Varl are quite powerful... until you realize that they cannot maneuver to save their sorry asses. When you need to move somewhere fast, Varls can be quite inconvenient.

Ah yes, the character who I definitely remember. I don’t think I made any choices around that part, so yeah. I sort of suffer from the problem of too fantasy, which means that when everything in a game is named like Grögenrofelheim I tend to have trouble remembering names, so while his was thrown around a lot I kind of didn’t know who he was even when he died.

That's fair enough. I didn't think it was that complicated, myself, but oh well. I suppose you'll get used to it eventually.

If you want to know exactly who he was (no spoilers for you here, it's in a box in case anybody else cares to avoid spoilers):

Spoiler

Vognir was the prince of the Varl, next in line to rule over the Varl realms. Makes sense that he'd be establishing connections with the prince of men.

Nice, I can't edit my post.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's fair enough. I didn't think it was that complicated, myself, but oh well. I suppose you'll get used to it eventually.

I just wanted to correct this, because I just realized that this is exactly the problem I have when a Japanese game doesn't localize the names, so everything looks like Kazamayumi Tatsuyamamoto and I cannot spell anyone's names. So I can understand, even if to me these nordic names weren't as difficult to keep up with.

I didn't actually start the chapter yet, this is from last night, but

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

That's just Shulk. I thought PxZ didn't have Xenoblade characters in it until the second game.

5 hours ago, TeeheeFlames said:

Hot DAMN these games have some godlike music.

Yeah, Touhou music does go in hard.

I mean, the games were originally bullet hells (the kind where you can't dodge) so it makes sense for the music to go in just as hard.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Is there any Touhou that has presence on anything Ninty

I do believe there are some fan games on the Switch.

That's the thing with Touhou. The official stuff is likely on PC only. But the fan-made stuff? Anything goes.

I'm sure if you're committed enough, you could make a Touhou game for the Atari 2600. Or the DOS.

Edited by Armagon

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

Indeed, I lost Egil right there. I panicked and forgot Rook had a bow lol

RIP.

I’m guessing Rook could have defended him if you remembered his bow? 

Spoiler

Was them getting ambushed an actual in-game battle or just a story choice after that?

I believe you listed all the relevant choices up to the point where you are.

...Well, okay, no, I forget one: Did you tell Gunnulf that he looks like a frog?

I told him that he looked nice in green, because he does, if the choice you’re talking about is the one I think it is.

So do general dialogue options that aren’t making decisions ever matter?

I don't know, Ludin was already my favorite when the game used him getting his scrawny ass whooped as a tutorial, I loved that.

I don’t know if I would give Ludin points for that as much as I would give the game points for that.

Yeah, those two have great designs. Alette more than Rook, in my humble opinion.

I might just very slightly prefer Rook’s. Maybe.

Oh yeah, Iver is awesome, and he's only going to get more awesome. Varl are quite powerful... until you realize that they cannot maneuver to save their sorry asses. When you need to move somewhere fast, Varls can be quite inconvenient.

No need to maneuver urgently if you OHKO everything.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just wanted to correct this, because I just realized that this is exactly the problem I have when a Japanese game doesn't localize the names, so everything looks like Kazamayumi Tatsuyamamoto and I cannot spell anyone's names. So I can understand, even if to me these nordic names weren't as difficult to keep up with.

I would probably have the same problem if I ever played such a game.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m guessing Rook could have defended him if you remembered his bow?

Hide contents

Was them getting ambushed an actual in-game battle or just a story choice after that?

Story choice after the battle.

Spoiler

If you choose to shot at the dredge, it is staggered long enough for Iver to get there and finish the job. If you do something else, Rook fails to buy enough time for Iver, so Egil has to do it by getting splattered.

I told him that he looked nice in green, because he does, if the choice you’re talking about is the one I think it is.

Damnit, you boring man! Why didn't you go for the sassy option? Tainted run! Tainted run! I demand you reset-- okay, no, you're insane enough to actually do it.

So do general dialogue options that aren’t making decisions ever matter?

Sometimes they do, but often it's just for flavor. Still, do be careful, you never know when you might anger the wrong person.

I don’t know if I would give Ludin points for that as much as I would give the game points for that.

Well... Yeah, true.

Honestly, I just love that part of the tutorial. It's hilarious. Not to mention, one hell of a way to cap off the tutorial part of the game.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No need to maneuver urgently if you OHKO everything.

That's not going to last, believe me.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh look, there it is.

12 PM EST works for me, as even though I usually work on Tuesdays, my shifts don't start until 3.

18:00 here. It's... actually perfect, it coincides with my snack time. I'll catch it, and see if they announce the next FE, or more likely, absolutely nothing of interest to me.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Armagon said:

I didn't actually start the chapter yet, this is from last night, but

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

That's just Shulk. I thought PxZ didn't have Xenoblade characters in it until the second game.

Ah, Resonance of Fate. It's... not the best game. Gameplay wound up being too simple, and the story is restrained entirely to cutscenes that were strictly made with a "Listen it's been three minutes since we started filming this I don't care what you're doing this scene is OVER!". Shame, because the premise of the world sounded alright reading the game's manual. Music was fairly forgettable unfortunately.

Shulk-esque Zephyr there just snapped one day, not sure if there was a reason for it, the game didn't make it clear (b/c it keeps its plot so terse), and shot up the orphanage he was living at. Vashyron the seasoned gunslinger was sent to in to kill the mad boy, ended up taking in the delinquent afterwards, him having calmed down. Later, Zephyr saw Leanne ready to commit suicide by throwing herself off a cliff IIRC, and saved her. Thus, the three became bounty hunters living under the same roof.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh look, there it is.

12 PM EST works for me, as even though I usually work on Tuesdays, my shifts don't start until 3.

The very last day of E3? Nintendo better be the best saved for last. My hopes are rising, and I'm not happy with that.

Oh hey I just made a decision. Some people wanted to leave to look for their family nearby and I gave them extra supplies.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damnit, you boring man! Why didn't you go for the sassy option? Tainted run! Tainted run! I demand you reset-- okay, no, you're insane enough to actually do it.

Because he looks wonderful in the green.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's not going to last, believe me. You better not be underestimating the value of breaking armor, because you're in for a nasty surprise when it becomes important.

I’ve already been breaking armor, although when characters promote I’ve mostly just been giving them strength so far.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I do believe there are some fan games on the Switch.

It's spreading.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh look, there it is.

Tuesday, should be easy enough to catch live.

But if I don't all I need's the link and no dipshits to spoil it all.

Spoiler

Well I just made like three choices about a drunkard in a row and messed up horribly. Guess he’s my first casualty. But I feel like if there was no way to stop him drinking, there’s no way to stop him going missing...