Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Teeheemperor said:

Eren’s “No, I don’t want that!” segment came to Yams when he was drawing the panels Yams loves whiny Eren, so when he was drawing “No, I don’t want that!”, he thought to himself: “Eren is back”

from the Interview with the AoT author.

That seems like regression from Season 1. Oh god, you don't mean-

I am more and more feeling my laziness dodged a bullet train.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Eren's character got completely assassinated in the last arc.

Yeah don't continue the series, it's complete and utter bullshit. Unless you plan to read the fanending because that's lookin Kino so far

1 hour ago, Teeheemperor said:

from the Interview with the AoT author.

"I was too shy to draw EM kiss"

https://i.redd.it/wvfdvinp8o271.jpg

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Eren had his character development in Season 3. Then the timeskip happened and he became the best character in the series. He was on his way to becoming the best protagonist of all time, but then Isayama destroyed him in the last 16 chapters.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

E3 is 11/12 days away, and Nintendo still hasn't announced when they'll present. Feels strange.

They usually announce it like the week of, don't they?

4 hours ago, Teeheemperor said:

ra1UKzm.png

Yooo this art looks clean.

The Banner Saga Trilogy has arrived! The bonus edition apparently comes with an art book and a mini-poster of all the characters (the bonus edition was the only version of the trilogy I could even find, not that I would turn down a 14 dollar bonus edition) and I really like this art and the art style. A lot. It definitely works at hyping me up for the games. I would pick a favorite character from looks alone but they all look so good! Too bad 98% of them might die. I’m definitely excited to play this. I will start after dinner, though, because dinner is soon.

36 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ooh! Nearly forgot! Happy pride month, everyone!

Ah, yes! Happy pride month! 🏳️‍🌈

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yooo this art looks clean.

yeah i am really super digging it. Also
>Pirate Union

will probably scrath the Pirate Emblem itch that will never be scrathed XD

But i think i will try to finish Blaze first

13 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

will probably scrath the Pirate Emblem itch that will never be scrathed XD

Well shit, sign me up. Unless it doesn't have a translation.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well shit, sign me up. Unless it doesn't have a translation.

it doesn't 😞

I am gonna use a combination of google fu and translated guides, which will probably be a pain xD

The moment when birds kick someone out of the bed at 4:15 AM...

At least I didn't oversleep again unlike yesterday.

@lightcosmo

Thanks for the explanation!

I'm going to check this out with more care from now on.

One little thing which bothered me in the beginning were the bars. I accidently mixed up the HP with the SP bar. I way totally confused at first when I saw the purple bar sinking after using magic. I noticed very late that there is another tiny (circled) bar around the character's sprite. I know it's a traditional style for KH, but for newcomers it was a bit confusing.

6 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

@lightcosmo

Thanks for the explanation!

I'm going to check this out with more care from now on.

One little thing which bothered me in the beginning were the bars. I accidently mixed up the HP with the SP bar. I way totally confused at first when I saw the purple bar sinking after using magic. I noticed very late that there is another tiny (circled) bar around the character's sprite. I know it's a traditional style for KH, but for newcomers it was a bit confusing.

Of course!

Yeah they kinda assumed that most people know KH II's layout. (Its pretty much the same)

Hp is Green, MP is blue, and Focus is orange? I assume its orange, at least. 

I don't want to bombard you with information as it will just confuse you. 

But I will say that you can do things like Dodge Roll right out of his attacks as they have little endlag, can be a lifesaver when you are in a rough spot or when you trigger an RV in boss fights. 

Finished the Desert Palace, it was... okay. The slight puzzles took a little time to solve, the enemies in the way I mostly ran from except when it seemed like I couldn't. The dungeon I had to do with Zidane beforehand, where magic was forbidden, suffered from me getting lost trying to find the place and getting sick of getting into battles when at the game's suggestion I had ditched my healers. And Cid having to free the other heroes in 6 minutes? Please don't tell me I had to get that right, or else fail and have to refight the fracking boss beforehand, that forced minigame was terrible, games should not give me nerves for things I do expect them to give me the nerves for.

FFIX is starting to sink a little. Nowhere near bad yet, it's still in good territory, but it feels like it's missing a beat here or there.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

You know, if there's something new i've noticed about playing Monolith Soft's other games, it's that they are able to handle dual protags pretty well. Like, Xeno has Shion and KOS-MOS, Lora and Jin, which are very good. But looking at their other games, Reiji and Xiaomu and Kogaro and Mii each have pretty likable chemistry (and this helps as they're able to stand out in a crossover game).

And of course, i can't forget the BKO trio, a game that handles triple protags really, really well on account of it being just those three.

.....Hmm, now that i think about it, i think Monolith Soft games generally tend to have more dual protags than single protags.

• Shion and KOS-MOS (Xenosaga trilogy)
  • Reiji and Xiaomu (Namco x Capcom)
  • Sagi, Guillo and Milly (Baten Kaitos Origins)
  • Kogaro and Mii (Project X Zone)
  • Debatably Rex and the Aegis girls (Xenoblade 2)
  • Jin and Lora (Torna)

Compared to the games that only have one protag

• Fei (Xenogears)
  • Kalas (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings)
  • Welt (Soma Bringer)
  • The dude from Disaster: Day of Crisis
  • Shulk (Xenoblade 1)
  • Elma (Xenoblade X)

Edit: yo @Interdimensional Observer which category do the EF games fall into? Are Haken and Kaguya dual protags or?

Edited by Armagon

That feeling when you lose a battle because depth perception fails you and you think a character is adjacent to another one but they’re actually one tile away. Why brain, why?

If I miss one thing in PXZ2, then Frank West.

He was my favorite character, at least was the most entertaining one of all.

I don't want to bombard you with information as it will just confuse you. 

But I will say that you can do things like Dodge Roll right out of his attacks as they have little endlag, can be a lifesaver when you are in a rough spot or when you trigger an RV in boss fights. 

I appreciate any help!

I think it's the easiest way, if I just ask around, if I should have left any questions.

Gonna play (stream) again tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Reiji and Xiaomu

If there is any problem with these two, it's that they're a little unoriginal. The director for Namco X Capcom was also the director Super Robot Wars Impact. The setup of stoic man and silly woman was more or less copied from there.

And yet, although I haven't seen 3/5 of their appearances, I do actually prefer Reiji & Xiaomu over their predecessors. I mean Kyosuke is fine -good RD Ike vibes without the grounds for attention-stealing actually- but Excellen for what of I do like of her, overall hasn't landed as well as Xiaomu for me, despite me discovering Excellen first.

Some would say this mold was reused a second time for Haken & Kaguya, but I'm not seeing it. In their case I'd say it was select superficial touches, and nothing more.

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  • Debatably Rex and the Aegis girls (Xenoblade 2)
  • Jin and Lora (Torna)

I might err on the side of discounting Rex & Aegis, but it's hard to, because she is ultimately more important than he I would say. Although, the heroine having more in-universe power than the hero doesn't absolutely doesn't preclude the hero being unequally superior to the heroine. Sometimes it's feels like a blatant excuse for the male protagonist to be awesome. He brings the fragile, inexperienced, emotionally unstable girl with ICBM magic in her fingertips to not bring the world to ruin, and instead teaches her via his love for her how to use her power -which he can have no personal experience of having- for the forces of good.

Now as for Jin and Lora... whose mask is the loading icon? If you treat Torna as primarily building sympathy for maingame Jin, then it's imbalanced in his favor. And then Mythra wrecks things by wrecking things and the Torna duo is arguably more Jin & Mythra than Jin & Lora, which technically can mean dual protagonists, but they're not connected to each other the way you'd expect dual protagonists to be which is... a headache to think about. 

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Edit: yo @Interdimensional Observer which category do the EF games fall into? Are Haken and Kaguya dual protags or?

Technically, the title screen of the first EF is a crossing of Haken's Nightfowl assault rifle and Kaguya's Goshiki Zankantou sword (not sure what "Goshiki" means, but I know Zankantou translates as "ship-cleaving sword"). Butthe attention I can say without doubt is imbalanced towards Haken. It's Haken + his princess, like Fei + his Antitype, and Shulk + his temporary cyborg. Evidence of this I would say is by the fact that after PXZ1, when Haken made his non-spinoff debut in the SRW OGverse proper with Moon Dwellers, he brought a girl with him, but it wasn't Kaguya.

EF Exceed, which keeps Haken in the game but shifts the focus to a new guy named Alady, had a similar slant towards Alady over the new heroine Neige. Although I'd want to say Alady-Neige felt slightly more balanced, since Haken had a something of a "veteran" vibe to Kaguya's innocence and inexperience, whereas Alady, although highly disciplined, is himself the more innocent-minded character between him and Neige.

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Welcome back you two. Sorry i dropped your game.

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Some would say this mold was reused a second time for Haken & Kaguya, but I'm not seeing it.

Yeah, Haken doesn't really strike me as the stoic type.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you treat Torna as primarily building sympathy for maingame Jin, then it's imbalanced in his favor.

I guess but i never really felt like it was that imbalanced tbh.