Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

PFFFFFFFFFFFT LMAO

XD

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE! IT WAS SAID YOU WOULD DESTROY LOS CHICOS DE GONZALO, NOT JOIN THEM!

literal turd just lying next to the lava pool

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

big F

I always say the same thing: at least your language is butchered with the purpose to make things seem cool. Could be worse.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

To talk more about that certain episode of Shrimpramblings!

My idea for a this FE like game is basically a witch hunt setting in a continent ('the known world') where there's a strong centeral country and everywhere else are basically the wild lands. MC-chan is a survivor of a witch hunt herself.

During the war their will be hints that the known world is basically a big fat ass lie, and they are basically on a Planet (totally not earth ™️ ) that aeons agon used to be on the verge of destruction. Through ruins, legends and books found during the war, the party will learn about a strange technological society...

That at the end of the game you find out is actually the rest of the Planet, and thus ends game 1.

Game 2 will be the fantasy vs. Tech idea i talked about before xD

Awesome ideas!

Also: FE X Xeno crossover?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Awesome ideas!

Also: FE X Xeno crossover?

Xeno was one of the things that influenced the idea yeah, along my love for Witches and wanting do an AoT like setting Justice

and me being an FE fan ofc haha

Glad you like em^^

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Xeno was one of the things that influenced the idea yeah, along my love for Witches and wanting do an AoT like setting Justice

and me being an FE fan ofc haha

Glad you like em^^

I'm a Xeno fan, of course I did! 

And an FE fan, I guess. Xd

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I guess Armagon keeps posting that image of that blue-haired girl, so let's say he's the lord.

IMG_20210606_193310.jpg

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

was thinking of starting a "series" of loosely connected short stories based on some original stuff I was cooking up.

Short stories are a great way to start too. A lot of writers start out this way before diving in to the big stuff.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

During the war their will be hints that the known world is basically a big fat ass lie, and they are basically on a Planet (totally not earth ™️ ) that aeons agon used to be on the verge of destruction. Through ruins, legends and books found during the war, the party will learn about a strange technological society...

That at the end of the game you find out is actually the rest of the Planet, and thus ends game 1.

But does the party get lightsabers to use?

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

clmp3ft4io371.jpg

Tetusya Takahashi: "I will literally use Nietzsche quotes and books as subtitles for Xenosaga".

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

FE X Xeno crossover?

PxZ2 is the closest thing we've got to that so far.

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yes

The mysterious party member could have access to those xD

Lightsabers sound like they would be the key weapons of a strange technological society.

Edited by Sooks

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yes

The mysterious party member could have access to those xD

Give him customizable options and let him have one of these

220fc51b42a0dadca8af8399eaa1bc12.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Lightsabers sound like they would be the key weapons of a strange technological society.

If your story features high-tech and you don't have lightsabers, is it really high-tech?

......wait Xenogears and Xenosaga don't have lightsabers, shit.....

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If your story features high-tech and you don't have lightsabers, is it really high-tech?

Aren’t they in the same universe as Xenoblade? Or do the other Xeno series not have any connections to it?

Ok no, I still can't get over PalWorld. Like bro

IMG_20210606_200457.jpg

IMG_20210606_200627.jpg

IMG_20210606_200737.jpg

This is a real game. 

Screenshot_20210606-112349.png

unknown.png

Like, I can't get over the absolute contrast between the cutesy anime aesthetic and the fact that you can treat your Not Pokemon as less than worthless if you felt like it.

Just now, Sooks said:

Aren’t they in the same universe as Xenoblade? Or do the other Xeno series not have any connections to it?

The other Xeno games are technically separate IPs.

But everyone, both players and devs alike, regard it as one series.

Apart from the Xenosaga trilogy and the Alrest saga, the games are standalone but there's a lot of conceptual and thematic similarities between the games.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Try em out and find out! Xd

Fair warning, Xenogears and Saga are slightly outdated, and could be seen as a tad slow to most. I personally dont mind it (except 2's battle system, Lord help us) but they are... basic as well. Not that that's a bad thing, just another thing people dont look for in a game nowadays. 

Xenosagas series is very storyline driven, and thus has alot of LONG scenes that can be a little hard to follow for a first time player, imo. I love their scenes personally of course (no bias) as I feel they have alot of impact, emotionally speaking. 

I wont be spoiling anything of course, just thought that giving fair warnings was appropriate.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"in any case, in my games, all women are whores", "in the open-space, it lacks tits" or "at Quantic Dream, we do not play games for fags ”.

...I take back any and all defense of David Cage.

Anyways. What'd I miss?

Edited by Benice

Finished Final Fantasy IX.

The final battle was somewhat lackluster. Arguably a notch down in every way from VIII actually. The last phase- why did Grand Cross insta-kill two of my characters, and why did the final boss, despite Auto-Haste on everyone, get triple actions sometimes? Its defense was too high and I won as "fast" as I did solely because of a Zidane Trance. (My final team BTW was Zidane, despite being able to remove him oddly only at this end point, Vivi for damage, Amarant for Chakra and Aura, and Eiko for healing.) Not to mention the final phase is... like why did they invent it? I don't think it would've taken a lot of work to retool and actually integrate its existence. 

That said, the ending itself was fine. 

As for an overall rating, well the game hasn't aged perfectly, I've pointed that out in prior commentary. The music is never bad, the graphics for their time are good, as is the presentation, the gameplay serviceable and actually better than VII & VIII I'd say. 3/8 playable characters do have irrelevancy issues, and the plot, if nothing groundbreaking or unusual for FF, is sufficiently pleasant.

I think I'd actually give it a 8/10, there is something to the cast and tale that have a surprising quiet charm. Had I played this before it had put on as the age has to me, I might've been so inclined to give it a 9/10. A good Final Fantasy.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

*incoherent screeching in fear*

Tyrants and Kishins.

Megidoladyne targets all allies and their demons, but this means Lucifer has to get a turn to use it first. Tyrants in DS1 always have opponent turn delay built into their Racial Skill- Tyranny; this is lost in DS2 once they upgrade to Blood Treaty, probably because it was deemed too strong. 

Give two teams each one Tyrant demon, and give at least one a Kishin so they can engage Lucifer twice every time they get a turn via Double Up. Do this, and Lucifer will next to never get a chance to act on his own. Easy

Recarm is an alternative strategy- as a leader that has been revived gets their turn immediately after revival. So keep the demons on the leader's team healthy, but let the leader die after their demons pound at Lucifer. Keep another team standing still and doing nothing except resurrecting the suicidal leader.

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Kossy's Dragon Tooth is conceptually a beam of light formed into a slashing implement. Not a sword per se, but you could count it if you wanted to bend the rules.

Still can't think of anything for XG. They have nanomachines, they have giant robots, sophisticated AI drone networks, laser beams, but no laser swords. Although it's worth it if that was the price for a martial artist main character. 

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Anyways. What'd I miss?

I still can't get over PalWorld.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although it's worth it if that was the price for a martial artist main character. 

True. 

IMG_20210606_115849.jpg

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Finished Final Fantasy IX.

The final battle was somewhat lackluster. Arguably a notch down in every way from VIII actually. The last phase- why did Grand Cross insta-kill two of my characters, and why did the final boss, despite Auto-Haste on everyone, get triple actions sometimes? Its defense was too high and I won as "fast" as I did solely because of a Zidane Trance. (My final team BTW was Zidane, despite being able to remove him oddly only at this end point, Vivi for damage, Amarant for Chakra and Aura, and Eiko for healing.) Not to mention the final phase is... like why did they invent it? I don't think it would've taken a lot of work to retool and actually integrate its existence. 

That said, the ending itself was fine. 

As for an overall rating, well the game hasn't aged perfectly, I've pointed that out in prior commentary. The music is never bad, the graphics for their time are good, as is the presentation, the gameplay serviceable and actually better than VII & VIII I'd say. 3/8 playable characters do have irrelevancy issues, and the plot, if nothing groundbreaking or unusual for FF, is sufficiently pleasant.

I think I'd actually give it a 8/10, there is something to the cast and tale that have a surprising quiet charm. Had I played this before it had put on as the age has to me, I might've been so inclined to give it a 9/10. A good Final Fantasy.

Congrats on finishing!

What did you think of the character growth and such?

Also, the enemies follow "scripts" which is why they can skip you when they want. They dont have to follow the same rules as you do.

Spoiler

First choice of chapter 11, or at least the first one that seems meaningful, is telling Zefyr that Juno tried to do some mind altering on Bolverk or stay silent. I stayed silent, because Juno is obviously important and having the mender council after her wouldn’t help things, but it’s not clear if she believes Juno is alive, and if she does they might go after her anyway. Oh well.

After that I chose to warn the families in their homes to get to the mines instead of looting the great hall or helping take supplies (and I declined to steal from the big house, I know I know, the bad guys, but maybe I’m too soft for that). Now I’m going to choose to go back to the top of the mine to fight off the dredge.

And the battle went pretty well, I won, and as far as the choice itself no one died. Though I was terrified when after it, four or five big dredge showed up and I thought my three survivors were going to have to fight them, I audibly gasped. But I didn’t, so Bolverk’s story didn’t end too early. I received a lot of clansmen, presumably the people I warned, so I trained a hundred of them into fighters.

Then there were some events, a man was offered glowing berries they found and I didn’t have him eat them for obvious reasons, someone claimed that found gold and I sent out search parties but the returned empty handed, then some families went missing so I chose to help and to follow a path where I heard voices, but nothing was there, so I searched down the main path… and found all the missing people, woo! Then Bolverk had a dream about getting water and I chose to try like how it was in the dream because I didn’t understand the choice, but it actually worked which improved morale and got me some renown. I had the menders fix an old bridge so we could cross safely, which we did. After that I had Bolverk try to get a big gem out of the cave walls at the god stone type thing underground, which ended with him smashing it in rage and injuring children. Hooray. I tried to have Bolverk see the future at the bottom pool (in the cave pools) which ended with him injured, because of course it did.

After that there was the battle against dredge with the big one that revives other enemies which was very scary and very close, though I won, albeit with Krumr as the only surviver. Then morale declined and I lost a few fighters and clansmen as Zefr and Nikels attempted to stop it, which I doubt is my fault because I won the battle and didn’t get to make any choices after, though it sounds like Nikels died so RIP. We were lost in the tunnels so I sent scouts to help us find the right way to go, but presumably they all died. A big dredge ambushed us and killed two people after, because of course it did. I won the following battle too though.

After that I had a choice to put a stone singer in a cart to take it with us after Zefr revealed she could, and I apprehensively said yes because it might be helpful. But if it betrays us… I mean it won’t be Onef tier, but it will be semi close.

…oh and he gave us the way to go, nice. Now let’s hope it’s not a trap.

…54 CLANSMEN AND 85 FIGHTERS LEFT BECAUSE OF THAT? WHAT? YOU’RE WELCOME FOR SAVING ALL OF YOU, BY THE WAY! Well we emerged on some ruined looking mountain side, and ominous music started playing while Zefyr said she didn’t know what it was. If this is that dredge’s fault…

The chapter ended there.

Also, Oli is great. My best non-varl unit, like the Ludin of this caravan. The guy who can go invisible and ignore armor seems interesting, but I didn’t really get a chance to use him properly.

Pinging @Saint Rubenio because you usually head to bed by now in my time zone.

….that was a lot longer than I expected, almost LPish. Do you want me to keep going like that or just highlight the important choices and any noteworthy event outcomes?

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I still can't get over PalWorld.

When was it even announced?

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Try em out and find out! Xd

That was very smooth, but I have no interest in the titles.

50 minutes ago, Benice said:

Anyways. What'd I miss?

I worried a lot about a choice in a war scenario in Banner Saga 2, but ended up not getting any playable characters killed!

Edited by Sooks

You know, actually Revelation snow shoveling isn't that bad. At least not as bad as Fuga's Wild Ride Reloaded.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"in the open-space, it lacks tits"

What's that supposed to mean?

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

When was it even announced?

Like yesterday.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

That was very smooth, but I have no interest in the titles.

JgMHKO6.gif