Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Good taste right here. Although I personally like 3 better, 4 is still great!

I believe I played all of them except 2 as a kid. 4 was always my favorite, but they're all good games.

Nothing beats the timed escapes in 4 though. What a great mechanic that is.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

tfw even months after i left people are still talking about me in the Falcom fanbase

CSGS2Td.png

positively and negatively lmao

I kinda hate this ngl

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

tfw even months after i left people are still talking about me in the Falcom fanbase

CSGS2Td.png

I kinda hate this lmao

833394833812094976.png?v=1

--------

Looks like MangaDex is getting back up again. Not fully, but the new site is up.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

CSGS2Td.png

I kinda hate this ngl

Oof. Sorry.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wario Land 4, first level I played: "Hey, these timed escape sections aren't as bad as I remember them, the music's a bop, what's not to love?"

Wario Land 4, second level I played: "FUCKING GHOST STOP STEALING MY KEY BIRD, I'M ON ONE HEALTH AND THERE'S ASSHOLES WITH SPIKE SHELLS EVERYWHERE, TIME'S RUNNING OUT, STOP--"

This game's as good as I remember it.

You opted for the Sapphire Passage first? Hmm... I'm not sure if there is a counterclockwise difficulty scale with the passages, although Emerald is the easiest. But of the first levels in each passage, Sapphire is the hardest, although its final level I'd think the easiest. 

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nothing beats the timed escapes in 4 though. What a great mechanic that is.

Ever play Wario Land: Shake It!? Because Shake It! has the same mechanic, and I thought it a good game, although I know at least one person who found it generic. It also has this.:

b31.gif

Beautiful 2D animation, I mean that seriously.

So i do have......a number of complaints with Atelier Firis as far as QoL goes. There is a jarring lack of it, something not seen since the horribly designed Atelier Totori.

• Quest-givers are not marked on the map. Sometimes an NPC will have a text bubble over their head, indicating they've got a quest for you. But a majority of the time, you don't know who gives you one and this is important as quests can give you recipes as a reward.
    • While you can mark quest objectives on the map, they only account for the current quest objective. Which means should the quest objective update, you have to go back to the map and mark it again. Every. Single. Time. 
  • Party members are added into the party at inns, which that in of itself isn't an issue. But the game doesn't tell you this so i was legitimately confused when two characters said they'd join and then they weren't on the status page. Also, when they aren't in the party, they have active times but the game doesn't tell you this either or at least i didn't see where 😐.
  • The most egregious one: Atelier Firis is an open-world-lite game where you can't skip travel. Or rather, you can't skip travel to a different area. To explain, imagine if in Xenoblade 1, you could skip travel anywhere within the Bionis Leg but if you wanted to go to Makna Forest, you actually had to make the entire trip there. This is horrendous design and should you get lost and end up in the wrong area, yes, you have to turn around and walk all the way back.

As far as everything else goes, so far, it seems to be an improvement from Atelier Sophie but damn, i can't ignore all these QoL issues.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

"An uni bag" is incorrect, isnt it? Xd 

Yeah, it's a "Fury of the Earth" lmao.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't see how this would've been a sort of Episode 6,

Well i mean, it's the closest thing we have to it. Future Connected is a story that takes place after the main story is "done", much like how Xenogears capped off everything and if you remove the planned Episode 6, nothing would change.

Did the one year later apply to after the XC1 ending scenes showing all the heroes at peace, which itself is several months after the final battle?

Yes exactly. During the credits, you can see short-hair Fiora, in case you wanted more proof.

Now, I'm not sure what to play next, everything is open with the IX and XCFC albatrosses gone.

CrossCode is only $20.

Have I lost you? 

Nah, i getcha.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Lmao i love her already

Yeah, she's definitely your kind of character. 

Now if only she'd stop rupturing my ear drums.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Anyway...

I just recently learned this is a thing:

Japanese Battle Baseball box art

So apparently, at some point, during the Gundam-KamenRider-Ultraman crossover fest that was the Compati Hero series. Which included a sub-series of sports games, the Compati Sports, they though to invite Godzilla and friends for a baseball tourney.

I can see it now...

"So, for our next sports tournament, let's do baseball."

"Fine by me."

"Me too. Say... how about we spice things out for this."

"What do you mean?"

"Let's add a fourth franchise."

"That's not a bad idea. Who do you have in mind?"

"How about the Kaiju?"

"That works."

Battle-Baseball-Japan.png?resize=640%2C480&ssl=1

Yep.

And then it happened irl

tumblr_nic1mrztDv1tljkc0o3_250sq.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

WHAT!?

@Saint Rubenio

Hide contents

Does Sigbjorn die if you talk to him at the beginning of chapter 13??

Oh dear.

Spoiler

I mean you should've known better than to start fights as Bolverk. The man's kinda known for losing control.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

You opted for the Sapphire Passage first? Hmm... I'm not sure if there is a counterclockwise difficulty scale with the passages, although Emerald is the easiest. But of the first levels in each passage, Sapphire is the hardest, although its final level I'd think the easiest. 

I just went for the one I thought was neat.

Ever play Wario Land: Shake It!? Because Shake It! has the same mechanic, and I thought it a good game, although I know at least one person who found it generic.

Huh... Interersting.

It also has this.:

b31.gif

Beautiful 2D animation, I mean that seriously.

I always love how Nintendo's artists consistently have so much fun with Wario.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh dear.

Reveal hidden contents

I mean you should've known better than to start fights as Bolverk. The man's kinda known for losing control.

I didn’t start it!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

tfw you have hate followers on 4chan
a site i never visited...

Zoinks.

I'm so sorry...

16 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

It's from Junji Ito's Enigma of Amigara Fault.

Ah, Ito fucking boomed me.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wario Land 4, first level I played: "Hey, these timed escape sections aren't as bad as I remember them, the music's a bop, what's not to love?"

Wario Land 4, second level I played: "FUCKING GHOST STOP STEALING MY KEY BIRD, I'M ON ONE HEALTH AND THERE'S ASSHOLES WITH SPIKE SHELLS EVERYWHERE, TIME'S RUNNING OUT, STOP--"

This game's as good as I remember it.

So, I assume you're loving the pain.

I see you're apparently 4Chan famous.

I am so sorry.

Yeah Bolverk says “you’ve outlived you’re welcome here” completely independent of my choice, how am I supposed to know that would happen? Especially when Sigbjorn has 2 lines.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

What

Why?

May I ask for some context? This is so outlandish...

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I didn’t start it!

Pretty sure the only way to get him killed is to punch him, starting a fight.

Of course, I could be wrong.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So, I assume you're loving the pain.

Dayni, please.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What

Why?

May I ask for some context? This is so outlandish..

Trails fans hatin

and someone using my name or something

I did say Falcom fanbase is like the worst thing to exist, hey i was right

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Trails fans hatin

What the fuck... Jesus, the Trails fanbase really is toxic if this kinda shit can happen...

@Sooks I just checked a guide and... Yeah, you were right, that dialogue choice does lead to the fight. Not gonna lie, I think it's dumb too. The wording isn't nearly confrontational enough, it should've been clearer.

Trails fans hatin

So you’re like, famous for disliking modern Trails? Or I guess infamous, maybe.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Imagine being famous on a site you never visited.

I never gave enough reason to pull that off.

So what do we make of these people-

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Trails fans hatin

And now Toxic might not be strong enough of a description.

Thanks internet.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Dayni, please.

tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

@Sooks I just checked a guide and... Yeah, you were right, that dialogue choice does lead to the fight. Not gonna lie, I think it's dumb too. The wording isn't nearly confrontational enough, it should've been clearer.

Yeah, I did some dishonorable stuff and reloaded the dialogue myself. If you pick the last one, where you outright threaten him, you get a choice whether or not you want to fight him (same goes with after picking the first one), but if you pick the middle one, you absolutely have to fight him.

Yeah, well, screw you too game. I’ll be more dishonorable then.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

So you’re like, famous for disliking modern Trails? Or I guess infamous, maybe.

very

I mean, yeah, i helped create a trails fangroup, got a big amount of people into trails, and was really loud about my dislike of the direction of the series while i was active

but i never really used anything beside reddit or discord (or some niche forums), so i never expected to find me being mentioned outside those, honestly

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

tenor.gif

Dayni I want women to hurt me, not sentience-less entities made of 0s and 1s.[/]

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, I did some dishonorable stuff and reloaded the dialogue myself. If you pick the last one, where you outright threaten him, you get a choice whether or not you want to fight him (same goes with after picking the first one), but if you pick the middle one, you absolutely have to fight him.

Yeah, well, screw you too game. I’ll be more dishonorable then.

Not gonna lie (and not that it matters but hey), I'll give you a pass here. That is just not fair. If it had been the other options, where you willingly escalate the situation, then it's absolutely your fault, but this doesn't make any sense. I mean, heck, the dialogue option seems less confrontational than the rest until Bolverk just decides to say something completely different.

Oh well. Nobody's perfect. I'm willing to forgive them this blunder.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

very

I mean, yeah, i helped create a trails fangroup, got a big amount of people into trails, and was really loud about my dislike of the direction of the series while i was active

but i never really used anything beside reddit or discord (or some niche forums), so i never expected to find me being mentioned outside those, honestly

Congratulations, I guess. You've achieved fame. That which so many would kill for!