Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

a84.png

The policy summary:

Claude: Here's three houses for them.

Edelgard: Let the survivors sort out the houses.

Dimitri: Edelgard's death will surely result in there being more houses.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey now, I can't get mad at Yakuza. I liked it while it lasted.

Speaking of, did you see my note about Kiwami on the ban thread?

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But I wanted to grumble in a corner... Now I need a different reason. Quick, someone mention Three Houses.

I mean… I was planning on playing the second Trails in the Sky game soonish (within 2 weeks, unless Banner Saga takes me longer than that).

But I can not post a ton about it if @Shrimperor doesn’t want me to.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The old man is always the best.

This time he’s as odd a unit as his personality is.

Hey that might be another reason you like this trilogy, not only does everyone have facial hair, but only like three characters look super young.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But I can not post a ton about it if @Shrimperor doesn’t want me to.

nah man, post to your heart's content, i don't mind. In fact i would enjoy it

Heck, even if i hate them, if someone asked for my help in CS games, i would help them

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

tfw even months after i left people are still talking about me in the Falcom fanbase

positively and negatively lmao

I kinda hate this ngl

Whenever you publicly voice an opinion you are subject to reactions, such as hate. Also, the only time I saw you on reddit you were being a bit of an asshole.

54 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

tfw you have hate followers on 4chan
a site i never visited...

To be fair, you keep putting your name on a lot of things you do. I've seen that meme guide of yours on how to get into Fate's fanbase being reposted several times.

37 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean, yeah, i helped create a trails fangroup, got a big amount of people into trails, and was really loud about my dislike of the direction of the series while i was active

but i never really used anything beside reddit or discord (or some niche forums), so i never expected to find me being mentioned outside those, honestly

That's why. Trails doesn't have a large fanbase, so users in each group more often than not overlap.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Reveal hidden contents

And then she reveals that Nikels was secretly the bravest, most selfless man in the group.

Godspeed, kid. Every time I wish there was away to save you.

Spoiler

RIP Nikels, you won’t be forgotten.

I mean, considering I got him killed both times, I'd say you're doing a good job of picking the opposite choices to mine.

In this case the choice being "suck or don't suck at the game."

Haha, but that’s only for not sucking at the gameplay, as far as actual choices I suck at the game, not you.

I’ll let you know if anything interesting ever comes up as a result of his survival, if you want me to. 

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But I wanted to grumble in a corner... Now I need a different reason. Quick, someone mention Three Houses.

Okay okay what if Claude… but upside down. Hilarious, right?

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hey that might be another reason you like this trilogy, not only does everyone have facial hair, but only like three characters look super young.

Yes, I've already cited that as an upside.

...I mean, my favorite character is one of the youngsters without facial hair, which is... Extremely odd. Maybe I'm just a contrarian.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

nah man, post to your heart's content, i don't mind. In fact i would enjoy it

I’m glad!

Heck, even if i hate them, if someone asked for my help in CS games, i would help them

I mean, there’s a strong likelihood I could need your help at the prologue, you and Twilit both said the SC prologue on hard is very very hard, and I’m not going to normal now. So thank you.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, I've already cited that as an upside.

...I mean, my favorite character is one of the youngsters without facial hair, which is... Extremely odd. Maybe I'm just a contrarian.

I don’t know if I would call Ludin a youngster. I was specifically talking about Egil, Alette and Nikels though.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Also, the only time I saw you on reddit you were being a bit of an asshole

now i am curious which post you are talking about since the last time i was an ass on reddit was a few months ago as well

Especially since atm i am really only active on r/fsn and i am pretty chill there

6 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I've seen that meme guide of yours on how to get into Fate's fanbase being reposted several times.

It was? I didn't see it reposted often lol

That's why. Trails doesn't have a large fanbase, so users in each group more often than not overlap.

''I bet the Venn diagram between 4chan Falcom schizos, Falcom Redditors, and Falcord members is just a flat circle'' to qoute someone i know

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Haha, but that’s only for not sucking at the gameplay, as far as actual choices I suck at the game, not you.

I’ll let you know if anything interesting ever comes up as a result of his survival, if you want me to. 

Sure, please do. I know the biggest event with him, but do let me know of everything else.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay okay what if Claude… but upside down. Hilarious, right?

F L A Y N  F I S H

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

don’t know if I would call Ludin a youngster. I was specifically talking about Egil, Alette and Nikels.

Ludin absolutely counts, I'd say. He looks older than those three, but not much more than his mid-20s. Pretty damn low in a series where everyone looks 40.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I actually didn't realize you could quick travel from one region to another in my first playthrough of XC1, so I jumped from one border to another within an area. It left me totally confused about how I was supposed to return to the Eryth Sea. I think at least one other player didn't understand you could go from region to region either. The game never shows you that you can.

Well this is definitely on the level of "Fire Emblem newbie accidentally ironmans because resetting didn't cross their mind" as was the case with my very first Awakening playthrough, that ended in an unwinnable situation in Ch.6 cause i sucked and everyone died.

"Pirate demo" Devil Survivor 2 first. I know not all SRPGs sit well with you, and I know you consider SMT too dark. But if you can handle Three Houses, Xeno, and then try Persona and like it, you could stomach DS2. The game gets criticized as being "too Persona" by some detractors anyhow. Usually I'm against emulating "living" games, but emulating either the DS or 3DS version and playing to the end of the first day as a "demo" and stopping there if you like it to buy the real thing for $20 sounds morally alright to me. 

I think after i'm done with the PxZs, i'll have my SRPG fix for a while but should the time arise again, i could look into it. I expect to have a PS4 and have played the funny Joker game by the time as well so i'd have more Persona experience under my belt (TMS is very cheerful tonally haha).

I do have the funds to purchase CrossCode, but I'll wait until E3 arrives to see if any games go on sale because of the event.

If you're still planning on Switch, then waiting would also be good as A New Home hasn't released on consoles yet. CrossCode really isn't complete without it so really, the game is more $30 than $20. Which granted, is still worth it, and CrossCode main was out for two years before A New Home released and people did just fine (A New Home was never in the original plan for the game), but i should still let you know.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't look at that one much. What was it?

Well, to quote the relevant part of my post: (I'll bold the important parts because this is quite the wall of text.)

Er, also, Kiwami signifies that it's a remake. Kiwami 1 is a remake of Yakuza 1 and Kiwami 2 is...Well, a remake of 2.

Although, if the length was your biggest problem with it...Kiwami 1, 2 and Yakuzas 4 and 6 may appeal to you a lot more, since the 20 hours you put into 0 thus far would have you be at endgame, if not done the main story entirely. However, I do completely understand if you just accept that it ain't your jam. Different Jams for different Hams and all that!

EDIT: If difficulty was another major factor, it is worth noting that Kiwami is often considered the hardest Yakuza game^*, and definitely has a boss toted as one of the toughest, bar none, including the ridiculous postgame bosses. It is very possible that your difficulty issues with 0 could be fixed a bit by Kiwami?

*A few new mechanics, some really tough bosses, and upgrades are something you have to think through a bit more. It apparently isn't really close to 0 in difficulty, but not an unbearable leap.

To further elaborate, assuming you made it exactly 20 hours into Y0 and got to chapter 7, you'd probably get it done in about...Maybe 42 hours? That's how long this website

https://howlongtobeat.com/game?id=43056

Says Main Story + Extras (rushed) would be, and that's probably what I'd consider your playstyle in Y0 to be, since you did substories and stuff, but skipped out on the meatier minigames. It's hard to exactly say, since some chapters (Chapter 8 took me under ten minutes) are really short, while others are really long.

So, again, for reference Y0'd have probably taken you 42 hours. Comparing this to Kiwami...

https://howlongtobeat.com/game?id=39484

A main story of 18 hours as opposed to 31, and Main Story + Extras (Rushed) clocks in at 22 hours.

If you truly did really like your time in 0 but found the game to last too long...Well, you might really like Kiwami. I would personally finish watching a playthrough of Y0's story, not only because it's fantastic IMO, but also because Kiwami will feel a lot more limp without 0 providing a bit of context for some key characters. I am quite hard on Kiwami, but it is still a good game and changed some things for the better from 0. ...And a few things for the worse, arguably, but still. As stated above, it's apparently significantly more difficult than 0. Story-wise, I know you don't particularly care, but overall it's...Well produced, but it's based off of the original Yakuza 1*, which was astoundingly generic and hilariously edgy. In my opinion, Kiwami turned it into a hard-hitting narrative that is fairly generic but still enjoyable for the most part. If the 20 hours you put into 0 were good ones and you want just a shorter, more difficult experience as opposed to the marathon of Y0, you might really enjoy this.

And if you wanted to try the newer engine out instead...

https://howlongtobeat.com/game?id=49620

Kiwami 2 is about an hour longer than Kiwami 1, so also short enough to keep you satisfied, I hope. I'll not talk too much about this one to not overload you with info yet, but if this one piques your interest, let me know and I can explain more! Or I can elaborate more on either game beyond just length. Or I can talk about Yakuza 4, since that'd be another unique experience compared to 0. It'd just leave you with lots of story to watch, if you cared about keeping up with things until then. (Which you wouldn't have to do, but it would sorta retroactively spoil a few things.)

*The original Yakuza 1 is about 14 hours. Don't bother with it unless you've seen everything else in the series and want to have a laugh at the terrible voice acting, characterization and grimace at the gameplay. Worse than the remake in nearly every way.

Edited by Benice

14 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Whenever you publicly voice an opinion you are subject to reactions, such as hate

Also i have nothing against this except for the fact that i left the fanbase last year and have kept my opinion only to this thread and some closed circles since.

I thought I was actually going to progress with the game, but I have spent like 20 minutes on a training battle because the instructions were vague.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

now i am curious which post you are talking about since the last time i was an ass on reddit was a few months ago as well

Probably when I visited the Falcom sub (I was curious about the supposed "toxicity" of the fanbase) and I typed "Cold Steel" in the search bar.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Especially since atm i am really only active on r/fsn and i am pretty chill there

Yes, and I saw Shirou x Saber slander and FGO hate.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also i have nothing against this except for the fact that i left the fanbase last year and have kept my opinion only to this thread and some closed circles since.

You read SnK, man. Old grudges don't go away that easily. People simply don't just "forget".

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

''I bet the Venn diagram between 4chan Falcom schizos, Falcom Redditors, and Falcord members is just a flat circle'' to qoute someone i know

At least you didn't create a shitstorm on twitter like I did on the SnK fanbase.

5 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Probably when I visited the Falcom sub (I was curious about the supposed "toxicity" of the fanbase) and I typed "Cold Steel" in the search bar

So a post that was probably a few years old right in the middle of the toxicity. 

And i think i know which post you are talking about. Disliking something =/= being an ass

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And i think i know which post you are talking about. Disliking something =/= being an ass

Eh, you were being a little dismissive of others' comments as I recall. Which isn't much since I don't remember exactly if it was literally a post you made or if it was on the comment section, but honestly I don't want read all that threads again in order to find it.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So a post that was probably a few years old right in the middle of the toxicity. 

Things actually haven't changed that much by now. Which reminds me that I spent 20R$ on a game that now I have 0 desire to play.

https://i.imgur.com/QSy8O4B.png

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Please just call it AoT, you keep making me think of SNK as in the fighting game company

The fighting game company is dead, deal with it.

Things actually haven't changed that much by now.

Still a toxic cesspool, the worst kind

also now i am wondering how much you were stalking me

Edited by Shrimperor