• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Is your sucession absolute cognatic?

Yep. It was that way for a couple centuries already. With Status of Women Law also at Full, I pretty much achieved Gender Equality in the Middle Ages. XD

Apparently June 8th is World Oceans Day, and to celebrate, the world is adding another ocean to celebrate. The new addition makes sense when we already consider the Arctic as apart from the north Atlantic and north Pacific.🌊

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

At what? Society?

Myself actually. The scientific term for "loss of interest in things that usually provide pleasure" I've learned from a Wikipedia search is "anhedonia". Also learned from Wikipedia via a lookup a of "Freedom House", democracy has been on decline globally for the past 15 consecutive years.

The anhedonia derived from clearcut causes is frustrating, because everything I try turning to for enjoyment, doesn't provide it like it used to. Not saying I can't smile or forget for a moment, but overall enjoyment is heavily down. Video games- less fun. Books and magazines I want to read- I read them less attentively with less immersion. A TV show I liked I tried to watch- I barely paid attention. Food- a loss of appetite is making me skip lunch, dessert, and possibly breakfast. Sitting outside in the long-awaited warm and sunny weather- not helping like I expected it psychologically would. My dogs- less heart-meltingly cute and I don't want to cuddle them as much.

It makes me think everyone here is insane that they can act normal -this is no time to be happy- when I know that I'm the utterly paralyzed by fear mad lad here.

I want to return to the 1990s, when everyone thought human progress towards universal goodness was unstoppable following the fall of the Soviet Union. When Francis Fukuyama went so far as to say we had reached the end of history, because liberal democracy had shown itself the glorious endpoint of human sociopolitical evolution. The 1990s, when I was but a child, ignorant of the serious problems of the day, which seem but mere trifles now. When I and my young relatives of elementary age were at our grandparents' house while our parents worked, watching cartoons, playing in the "computer room" where the big clunky AOL machine was located along with a bunch of toys, swimming in the in-ground pool in the big backyard. Playing video games from the tender age of 4 on an NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, and later a GameCube with a Game Boy Player attached to it; all the fond memories of Goldeneye 007 multiplayer, of Kirby Super Star, of Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time -enduring fear of the eel in Jolly Roger's Bay and Redeads included.

But the eden of childhood innocence was abandoned long ago, to it none can return.🙁

-To get back to what I meant, I have little to contribute, because I'm not playing games or doing other fun things.

-To counter the negativity I bring with me all the time, I'll bring out this event from Rune Factory 3. Armagon, if you intend to play the game, maybe you shouldn't read it to maintain the surprise of seeing it ingame.:

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-7-16-01-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-7-16-25-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-7-16-52-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-7-17-17-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-7-18-34-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-7-18-53-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-7-19-27-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-7-19-49-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-7-20-07-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-7-20-26-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-7-20-49-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-7-21-08-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-7-21-30-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-7-21-52-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-7-22-16-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-7-22-36-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-7-22-59-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-8-30-28-PM.png

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You cannot drop anime on me without warning. It spooks me.

101060l.webp

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Thinking about Xenosaga and Xenoblade and... is there a reason the developers created Jin, who wields Katana in Xenosaga, and... Jin, who wields Katana, in Xenoblade 2? What is the purpose of this? There has to be one.

Xeno always has a katana dude.

In Xenogears, it was Citan. In Xenosaga, it was Jin. In Xenoblade 1, it was Dunban. In Xenoblade X, it's Nagi. In Xenoblade 2, it's another Jin.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
X0tng9sc o

Refrain from posting the bad.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go tell myself that I'm funny in front of the mirror.

So uh.....how's that search history?

2 hours ago, Benice said:

...Curses, I started Trails the first again.

...Curses, I'm still playing it wrong but still enjoying it.

I know I'm askin' for a spoiler but in which game is

Hide contents

Josette playable? 'Cause I know she's suppose to be godawful, so I can't wait to use her.

Sky 3rd.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll bring out this event from Rune Factory 3. Armagon, if you intend to play the game, maybe you shouldn't read it to maintain the surprise of seeing it ingame.:

I uh, read it anyways.

That definitely was an innuendo at the start, wasn't it.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Apparently June 8th is World Oceans Day, and to celebrate, the world is adding another ocean to celebrate. The new addition makes sense when we already consider the Arctic as apart from the north Atlantic and north Pacific.🌊

Is this in anticipation for when Antarctica melts down?

Well, to be fair, before they actually discovered there is land in Antarctica, just pressed down due to all the ice, they did considered it as a Southern/Antarctic Ocean.

Just watch out for Limnades Caça.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

@Saint Rubenio I forgot to tell you while I was debating resetting, but 

Spoiler

after choosing to side with the king I won both the first and second battle, and before the second battle I chose to have archers behind the barricades. No playable characters died, though over 100 clansmen died because Rugga set up an ambush and I didn’t choose to spent my time making defenses, causing it to be very successful (22 fighters died and a small amount of varl as well).

I did reload an old save with the intent to side with Rugga, but the entire Varl race sided with the king and racial genocide wasn’t on the itinerary so I noped out of that choice. I mean losing Ludin sucked, but I could have dealt with it, but Hakon and literally every other varl? No thank you.

I did play through those battles anyway, curious to see if it seemed like I could keep Hakon and company, and like an idiot I accidentally continued the dialogue into the start of chapter 15 meaning it overrode my save at that chapter I was planning to continue with, meaning I had to redo the battles on the king’s side (won both and made the archer choice again).

The internet revealed a really cool detail to me, I don’t know if you already know this but the side the varl fight on depends on whether or not Ludin survives. If he survives, the king is obviously glad and is like “it’ll be a right squeeze, but it’s the least I can do for you saving my son!” and let’s them in, so Hakon accepts and they fight with the king, because preserving their dwindling race is their number one priority. If Ludin dies, however, the king blames the varl because they are who he was with for a good portion of the games and there’s a high chance he died on their watch (though if he died at Lundar I don’t think he technically did?) and the varl side with Rugga, because they need the safety of the town for their survival to be insured and once again, preserving their race is their number one priority. That’s really cool, you were right that this isn’t Telltale.

Now that that’s definitely cleared up, I have two questions: Is it safe to tell me what you did yet? If so please do. When you said “hoo boy” in response to me siding with Rugga and then “oh dear” when I switch two seconds after, you… were just messing with me because you like watching me internally struggle over choices and wanted to add to that, didn’t you?

55 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Myself actually. The scientific term for "loss of interest in things that usually provide pleasure" I've learned from a Wikipedia search is "anhedonia". Also learned from Wikipedia via a lookup a of "Freedom House", democracy has been on decline globally for the past 15 consecutive years.

The anhedonia derived from clearcut causes is frustrating, because everything I try turning to for enjoyment, doesn't provide it like it used to. Not saying I can't smile or forget for a moment, but overall enjoyment is heavily down. Video games- less fun. Books and magazines I want to read- I read them less attentively with less immersion. A TV show I liked I tried to watch- I barely paid attention. Food- a loss of appetite is making me skip lunch, dessert, and possibly breakfast. Sitting outside in the long-awaited warm and sunny weather- not helping like I expected it psychologically would. My dogs- less heart-meltingly cute and I don't want to cuddle them as much.

It makes me think everyone here is insane that they can act normal -this is no time to be happy- when I know that I'm the utterly paralyzed by fear mad lad here.

I want to return to the 1990s, when everyone thought human progress towards universal goodness was unstoppable following the fall of the Soviet Union. When Francis Fukuyama went so far as to say we had reached the end of history, because liberal democracy had shown itself the glorious endpoint of human sociopolitical evolution. The 1990s, when I was but a child, ignorant of the serious problems of the day, which seem but mere trifles now. When I and my young relatives of elementary age were at our grandparents' house while our parents worked, watching cartoons, playing in the "computer room" where the big clunky AOL machine was located along with a bunch of toys, swimming in the in-ground pool in the big backyard. Playing video games from the tender age of 4 on an NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, and later a GameCube with a Game Boy Player attached to it; all the fond memories of Goldeneye 007 multiplayer, of Kirby Super Star, of Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time -enduring fear of the eel in Jolly Roger's Bay and Redeads included.

But the eden of childhood innocence was abandoned long ago, to it none can return.🙁

But none of that is your fault. I can understand the anger, I mean not enjoying things isn’t, well, enjoyable, and of course you don’t want that to be the case, but it’s still not a conscious decision of yours. This happens at least semi frequently, right? Does it normally go away on its own or does anything help?

Edited by Sooks

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I uh, read it anyways.

That definitely was an innuendo at the start, wasn't it.

The secret is totally innocent I swear!

Additional context if you couldn't infer- Shino basically adopted Pia. She ain't letting anything befall either of her girls.

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is this in anticipation for when Antarctica melts down?

If I wanted to be cynical about it, I'd have gone with "they're preparing for geopolitical kerfuffles by demarcating the boundaries before somebody's cruisers fire warning shots". Except this doesn't work the same way the de-icing of the Arctic Ocean because of climate change, will result in US vs. Russia tensions. With East Asia -China in particular- and Europe showing interest, since the new ice-free northern route means the Indian Ocean and Suez Canal can be ignored in favor of a quicker and less narrow northern route above Siberia to trade with each other. Far fewer people live in the Southern Hemisphere, and the land geography around the Southern Ocean isn't as limiting with ice.

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But none of that is your fault.

And neither are those Vandals knocking at the gates of Rome. Doesn't mean I can't sing a requiem over the fall of the glorious empire but it isn't falling, it has already relocated to Constantinople you dunderhead!.

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This happens at least semi frequently, right? Does it normally go away on its own or does anything help?

It goes away eventually. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck when its in effect, and when it returns again at a later date. Like what am I supposed to do with my days? They feel like a total waste, which makes me only regret how I've drifted through life.

Sometimes it's dire politics that's to blame, like the current one. In other instances, it is the contemplation of my own human mortality, induced from one or more of many varied sources, such as thinking about the cold, dark and impersonal universe in which humanity is but a speck that has existed for a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of one tenth of one millisecond.

I know of more permanent potential solutions, but all of them require some form of effort I haven't made.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Ok @Interdimensional Observer i'll admit

Screenshot_3281.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_3282.png?width=769&height=432

This probably would hit better if i had played through the EF games first.

Then again, i haven't played most of the games featured here.

58 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I missed this. "Sailing the Eight Seas" doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Which one?

Guess.

Frank West just took several erotic photos of Kaguya as she was giving exposition.

Journalism 101.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

The support thread? That's still there, as far as I can see.

I don't check the main page much, so I'm sure I missed it.

Oh. Yeah it's still there. Huh.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And neither are those Vandals knocking at the gates of Rome. Doesn't mean I can't sing a requiem over the fall of the glorious empire but it isn't falling, it has already relocated to Constantinople you dunderhead!.

Well yes, but you said you were mad at yourself. If you want to scream in rage at the vandals knocking at the gates of rome, I don’t blame you. Of course, maybe the vandals are you, and maybe the gates of Rome are you, and maybe you are the glorious empire, but at the end of the day, despite all of them potentially being “you” you can only control whether or not that one person sings their requiem or not. So why be mad at them?

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It goes away eventually. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck when its in effect, and when it returns again at a later date. Like what am I supposed to do with my days? They feel like a total waste, which makes me only regret how I've drifted through life.

Oh yes I know, I understand in fact, I was just curious if there was anything you could be doing. Still though, at least you have the better days to look forward to.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wow, that thread got not just locked, but outright deleted... or just made not visible...

What thread? All of the new ones I see I saw earlier. I mean assuming it was a new one.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Frank West just took several erotic photos of Kaguya as she was giving exposition.

Journalism 101.

Gotta sell magazine copies somehow.

That one about Twitter banning the Nigerian President, then the president banned Twitter from the country in retaliation.

The OP was... well, you may try to guess since the thread is gone.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh. Yeah it's still there. Huh.

Yeah, after that last set of replies, it just died.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That one about Twitter banning the Nigerian President, then the president banned twitter from the country.

Ah, I see. I only saw the title of it. Never read it.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That one about Twitter banning the Nigerian President, then the president banned Twitter from the country in retaliation.

The OP was the Nigerian President?

@Saint Rubenio I’m playing chapter 15.

Spoiler

This chapter has Iver as its little leader icon instead of Bolverk? One of the best characters and units gets a chapter? Yes!

They’re attacking some guy at a tower, who seems to be a Valka, and he hints that Juno might be the cause of all of this. I had Iver ask her about it and she didn’t answer. You know, I’ve devised a new method for trusting characters, if I feel like they can be trusted, then that means they can’t be. So many traitors in this game. Speaking of “traitors” (this word might be a stretch here) Bolverk bursts down the door with Bellower’s body in a beserk state. This doesn’t look good.

Iver now has to fight Bolverk. I am very lucky that I have been investing into Iver, especially since I’ve been investing in Bolverk. If you’ve been using Bolverk but not Iver this fight would be… difficult. Bolverk seems upset about the fact that Iver killed Raze, either a Sundr or an important dredge, back in the day and talks about people being trapped “below” best be lets out a roar mid-battle where you can see what looks like the ghost of bellower, so it’s obvious that he’s been possessed. I hope I can save him, unlike Nikels. I mean, Bolverk is still alive (Nikels is awesome, I just felt like saying that).

“Bellowed? Seems like I’ll get payback for my arm after all!” Iver says, like he didn’t deal the final blow to Bellower. Uhh, Bolverk just regens armor and strength whenever I attack, I’m not sure how I’m supposed to beat him like that. Apparently I’m supposed to “ride Zefr’s wind”, whatever that means. I took that to mean I was supposed to attack Bolverk with all the extra move, so I did… and I took strength damage for doing that, and then Bolverk got to move. I have… no clue how I was supposed to win that at all.

After that I get a longish, cool cutscene about the fate of the world in regards to our actions and such, while seeing plot important stuff like the serpent and Aberrang and… that’s it? The game just ends? That was… anti-climactic. Because of that cutscene, with Bolverk lying in the ruins of the tower, I’m guessing the outcome of that battle barely changes at all if you win, can you confirm that? Well anyway, that’s the chapter done, sorry you get a short read this time.

Oh and you wanted to know how many guys were in Rooks’s caravan, well I had 150 (I think) varls, and a hundred something of both clansmen and fighters. Although I didn’t have 100 something clansmen after Rugga’s ambush… but anyway, I don’t know if that’s too vague for you, but that’s what I have.

Well that’s Banner Saga 2 finished. My opinion on it really is the same as the first game, all the compliments are still there, and I don’t have anything major to complain about (or anything at all really, I mean the last optional training session from the spoiler caravan sucked, I guess). I can’t even really “compare’ it to the first game because it really does just feel like the second part of the first game. My opinion still stands, teeheers, I absolutely recommend Banner Saga, it is very good. I’m more so proud of the fact that I had one death. 1! What do you mean Sigbjorn? Shh, that choice wasn’t very fair. Hey Ruben, while I have your attention 

Spoiler

you mentioned quite a bit that you got tens of deaths playing through Banner Saga, but in the first game you got 2/3 (depends on if you want to count Yrsa, I mean how much does the “not really dead” stuff weigh on your decision making ability?) but one of those was from a part in the story where someone absolutely had to die, so it’s really  more like 1/2. In this game, the only death you mentioned was Gudmundr, so does that mean all of the surprises and hard choices that increased your death count came in Banner Saga 3? Regardless, was Gudmundr actually your only death?

Edited by Sooks
Apparently typing [spoiler] makes a spoiler tag appear. Who knew?

Well well, this is unexpected. A sidequest where we control King Miglance. At least during the field so far. Also...

jknMQJJ.png

I like how there's a cat just atop the cart napping... and did through all the trip. And wearing a hat, heh.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

@lightcosmo look, it's Mr. "I got banned from the popularity polls because i won every time".

YURI LOWELL!!!!!!! 

ITS ABOUT TIME! xd all is well now. Thank you for making my day!

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Xeno always has a katana dude.

In Xenogears, it was Citan. In Xenosaga, it was Jin. In Xenoblade 1, it was Dunban. In Xenoblade X, it's Nagi. In Xenoblade 2, it's another Jin.

Missed this cause Yuri moment, but why do they have specifically Jin and Jin? There must be a connection. Its Xeno, everything is connected!

When the nobles tried to increase their power, but the King pulls a fast one on them:

CNVjtZC.png

Ahaha

It's just not a JRPG Kingdom if we don't have Monarch = Good, Nobility = Bad, dynamic in there.

Edited by Acacia Sgt