Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

This ain't a good mentality to have honestly.

It'd be like me saying I'm hesitant to play the next new Xenoblade because it may not be the masterpiece that is Xenoblade 2 and X.

I was just saying how I felt, no need to be so agressive. Message received. 

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I wasn't. Sorry if it sounded like i was.

A little bit. Its possible I read it wrong though.

I cant change who I am, if I dont like something, I will point it out. Even with games I like, they all have flaws, ignoring that would be silly. 

Last time I got over hyped for something (KH III) well, just see my sig, its rated at the low end for a reason. They crushed my excitement for the game and id rather not walk into that again. That feeling stinks.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

10. Last i remember, you were on 4 i think.

But then there's also Torna to play through.

Ye, was just wondering how much time I'd need for it. Since I'm about halfway, (I was about to leave Indol, I think, and best boy joined the party) I'll prolly need another 60 hours for it.

Just now, Benice said:

Ye, was just wondering how much time I'd need for it. Since I'm about halfway, (I was about to leave Indol, I think, and best boy joined the party) I'll prolly need another 60 hours for it.

Wow, not bad!

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Last time I got over hyped for something (KH III) well, just see my sig, its rated at the low end for a reason. They crushed my excitement for the game and id rather not walk into that again. That feeling stinks.

Ah yeah. But the thing with KH3 was that it was hyped up for like a decade. With that much weight, no wonder it came crashing down.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Depends on what you end up doing. I dunno how many hours you got but my first run took me about 80.

9 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I came to her channel by a LP of Three Houses and Atelier Ryza which were both enjoyabe. Aside of her well German lessons I have not really watched anything else of her since I mainly watch LPs on YouTube. Would definitely watch her playing Tales of Arise.

I think you should play FE10. n_N

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Depends on what you end up doing. I dunno how many hours you got but my first run took me about 80.

IIRC I'm at 60 right now.

From the landing on Tallon IV, I've in one sitting over a couple hours nabbed the all the upgrades leading up to Flaaghra. This includes 3 Energy Tanks and 55 Missiles, which I think are the most you can get of each at this point without glitches.

I almost died against the Hive Mecha, because keeping track of the circling War Wasps and dodging them when standing on a small circular platform surrounded by poisonous water isn't easy. I then also died albeit not as badly against the Incinerator Dome, because I couldn't manage the rotating flames and the Barbed War Wasps.

I did make a try against Flaaghra, and surviving didn't seem like an issue at first, and yet I somehow lost two of my Energy Tanks without paying attention, and then lost before being able to deal the final blow. The controls don't make it easy to hit the little bottom tip of the solar arrays I have to flip to make the giant plant vulnerable. That is my biggest problem, and having trouble with aiming means I'm being distracted from dodging the attacks of the corrupted flower.

The game does capture a strong sense of loneliness. Although I think the hallways can be too dim at times, I'm struggling in the dark in some instances. And the music is mostly absent unfortunately. I do enjoy the scan data. I also like the premise of the final area being a literal three minutes from the starting spot.

And on the littlest little detail that charmed me, I turned around at the landing site and found a location where the I know I need the Gravity Suit from much later. Said place had two Flying Space Pirates standing there, which had me nervous, they're a little strong I believe. But, the game was kind enough for a fake-out by making the Space Pirates fly away instead of attacking you, they were there to inspect, not fight. Said Pirates were right next to a container leaking a blue trickle of Phazon, I got too close because curiosity and actually took damage, surprised by that.

So, fun. Not the best game ever, but still good enough, and this is the part I've done before. It's after this where I stopped.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

This ain't a good mentality to have honestly.

It'd be like me saying I'm hesitant to play the next new Xenoblade because it may not be the masterpiece that is Xenoblade 2 and X.

I considering I've freakishly developed a not-dissimilar attitude towards Fire Emblem, I can say that it isn't. I still can't break my peculiar attitude towards 3H, which makes me sad for the game, because I never gave it the real chance it deserves to live or die on its own merits.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Well assuming it isn't X anyway, cause if it's X, then only Sawano is allowed to compose for that.

-Assuming Monolith has the guts to not give in. I'll expect Sawano, but then again, the soundtrack did get a lot of flak, so I won't rule out a small chance on a change there. Fixing NLA's theme and tweaking Black Tar and Don't Worry by including the option to turn off lyrics and use instrumental versions would remedy 90% of XCX's complaints. The last 10% would mostly be resolving Wir Fliegen override.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

That's.......that's not the role of a composer.

Falcom what are you doing bro?

I mean, there is room for "reasonable" role-shifting from one job to another I think. Not what it sounds like Falcom is doing, but Kazuma Kaneko did shift from character & demon artist to scenario to "Scenario Designer" back in 2013 with SMTIV, and he did take on dual roles as creative/scenario designer and artist for the Raidou Kuzunoha spinoffs and Strange Journey to gradually pivot. However, some would say the art quality has degraded since he stopped doing it (but the man is approaching 60, he can't draw forever).

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I also like the premise of the final area being a literal three minutes from the starting spot.

But that's always been the case tho, right? Both Zero Mission and Super have Tourian right there near the start and Samus Return's map loops around. In Fusion, you start in the final area although Fusion's weird in this regard.

Of course, just because it's there doesn't mean you can get to it. Tourian is blocked by bosses and idk if you can Space Jump across SR388's surface to reach the elevator that takes you to Area 8.

Or is Metroid Prime's case like BotW where you actually can go to the final area right away but you'd probably die?

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Assuming Monolith has the guts to not give in. I'll expect Sawano, but then again, the soundtrack did get a lot of flak, so I won't rule out a small chance on a change there.

Ehh i doubt it. Xenoblade X is the kind of thing Sawano would compose for.

Like if it has mechs in it, Sawano's probably the composer.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But that's always been the case tho, right? Both Zero Mission and Super have Tourian right there near the start and Samus Return's map loops around. In Fusion, you start in the final area although Fusion's weird in this regard.

Of course, just because it's there doesn't mean you can get to it. Tourian is blocked by bosses and idk if you can Space Jump across SR388's surface to reach the elevator that takes you to Area 8.

Or is Metroid Prime's case like BotW where you actually can go to the final area right away but you'd probably die?

It is Metroid tradition, but it is still nice to see they carried it over to Prime, the first one and the kinda second one I think.

As for how it's done, it's comparable to the Tourian, but different. It isn't boss kills stopping you, because that'd mean the bad guys don't want you going there. This time, it's the long-departed Chozo who are blocking the way. Sci-fi/magic seal over the Great Poison, designed to trap the worst of it in the Impact Crater from whence it first came, although the planet is still showing too many signs of corruption for the Chozo to live there anymore (insane Chozo Ghosts even). 

She who was prophesied to purify their once-beloved world, must find the 12 Chozo Artifacts scattered over the world to remove the seal and then destroy what lay beneath. The Chozo give you the first one for free at the site of the seal, and left not-cryptic hints behind there as to the locations of the others. Getting these means exploring, and demand basically every single upgrade in the game to get.

-I'll also add, that according to Prime, the Chozo didn't die out/mysteriously vanish. They still exist, but they have attained the Path of Sephirot/nirvana and abandoned physical existence altogether. They're somewhere out there, we're just too dumb to comprehend their present location.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, the actual real soul said:

I think you should play FE10. n_N

I kinda do actually.

Also heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy Soul!!! 

What did bring you to this place?

Soul, I got Breath Of The Wild yesterday!

Edit: Can't talk rn unfortunately since I have to go to work. Already overslept because I could not sleep in before 5 AM.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Chozo give you the first one for free at the site of the seal, and left not-cryptic hints behind there as to the locations of the others. Getting these means exploring, and demand basically every single upgrade in the game to get.

I see. I think you talked about it a bit but hopefully it's not something one would need a guide for.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-I'll also add, that according to Prime, the Chozo didn't die out/mysteriously vanish. They still exist, but they have attained the Path of Sephirot/nirvana and abandoned physical existence altogether. They're somewhere out there, we're just too dumb to comprehend their present location.

All but one

latest.png?width=768&height=432

I think i'm not alone in saying this is what's the most intriguing thing about Dread. Because the Chozo being gone has been a thing since the very first game and yet we're seeing the status quo turned upside down before our very eyes.

The Metroid manga featured a Chozo battle Ridley, though the mental strain on doing violent acts left said Chozo at a disadvantage. If the one in Dread is an enemy, perhaps it's a Chozo who was able to overcome that mental block.

72c.jpg

Edited by Armagon

12 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

You will get a mini Ys origin game with the Dana sections. Make sure to explore well the next time you play as her!

YEEEEESSSS!
And I will! Thanks for the tip! ^^

Absolutely. The island setting works really well with Falcom's artstyle

100%!

Tomorrow i shall start an Ys journey as well!

Ayy, enjoy! ^^

Please post your reaction xD

Will do, for sure!

As you said, for skills and stuff, but also sometimes certain characters might be unavailable. So familiarize yourself atleast with everyone

Yeah, Hummel kinda went bye-bye for a bit, it looks like. Haven't used him much so far, definitely going to once I get him back. The initial three, I think I know how they work, though! Been using 'em quite regurlarly! ^^

I also like playing with the Gals a bit more, since they are usually (much) faster. Adol is up there with them tho, although Dana is my fav.

Ye, Adol's pretty great, I agree! I just think I like Dana more, going off of the little bit I played as her, haha
Though there is an argument to be made for Tornado Sword being based af. xD

:smilingShrimpy:

:HappyDraggy:

12 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Excited Draggy is cute Draggy!

Hehe, thanks! ^^

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not quite sure if my memory is right saying this, but I would say completing Mt. Gendarme felt like the halfway point to an extent. Or at least, I felt it begins a pivoting of the narrative in retrospect.

Oh, I see! Then I am almost halfway through the game. That went by a lot quicker than I thought!
Though looking at my playtime, I am almost at 20 hours... where the heck did the time go?!?

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

What Cold Steel does to someone lmao.

Yup. xD

Does Ys 8 not give everyone EXP even if they don't participate?

It does, but if you're not using skills, they ain't leveling up.
Though the differences between a base level skill and a max level one aren't too big, as far as I can tell. There's just an achievement for getting all skills to max level, which I do want to get.

He's so edgy in everything he appears in. Even if his personality doesn't actually seem to be that.

Tales is very good at making their characters' personality not what you would expect from their design/presentation in anything but the game itself.
For example, Stahn from Tales of Destiny. Look at how everything surrounding the game presents him, and I swear if you see him in the game, he will not be what you expected.
Or Lailah from Tales of Zestiria (who is legit one of my favorites from that game, and one of my favs in Tales as a whole).
Though there are some examples where the characters are exactly what you would expect, as well.

---

Also, hello, everyone! Hope you'll be having a good day!

For today's music post, have one of the most based boss themes in all of Tales:

Say what you will about the game, the soundtrack was NOT a weakpoint.

The story, on the other hand, was. And the cast wasn't the strongest, either. I loved Lailah in particular, and Edna was great, everyone else is okay, and merely being "okay" is way below Tales standards for characters for me (Zaveid can screw off, though. Stupid philanderer archetype).
I still enjoyed it quite a bit, though, even if it is on the lower end of Tales games for me.

I still find it hilarious that there's a JRPG anime-styled series called Trails with a protagonist called Estelle and a JRPG anime-styled series called Tales with a protagonist called Estelle.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I still find it hilarious that there's a JRPG anime-styled series called Trails with a protagonist called Estelle and a JRPG anime-styled series called Tales with a protagonist called Estelle.

Yeah, that's true!

Fun fact: Tales Estelle's name is a nickname. Her actual name is Estellise. 'Estelle' is a nickname the protagonist Yuri gives her.
I honestly prefer Tales Estelle to the Trails one, but shhh!

30 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ayy, enjoy! ^^

Thx!

T - 8 hours

XD

Though there is an argument to be made for Tornado Sword being based af. xD

Adol's skill set is pretty based. Especially later ones are pretty damn good!

am almost at 20 hours... where the heck did the time go?!?

What playing Ys does to someone

Btw, try to all quests and make everyone in the camp happy ass you need 200+fame for True End iirc

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fun fact: in the original plans for Trails in the Sky Joshua was gonna be mc, before Falcom went "Everyone is doing that nowdays (2004), let's make Estelle MC" and boy am i glad they did.

Edited by Shrimperor