Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

T - 8 hours

XD

Shrimpy Hype Levels: Rising
XD

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Adol's skill set is pretty based. Especially later once are pretty damn good!

Even the ones I have right now (level 33) are pretty great!
Some of the earlier ones were already pretty darn useful (one projectile based one, one spin attack one on the ground - his very first one, even), but I've already maxed those out, so... xD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw, try to all quests and make everyone in the csmp happy ass you need 200+fame for True End iirc

Oh boy! Good thing I've prioritized quests so far!
Thanks! ^^

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Shrimpy Hype Levels: Rising
XD

Natural, especially since you know how much i loved Ys 8 xD

Maybe i am overhyped, especially with the conflicting reports about the game, but i can't help it xD

The good thing about having reached the end of Bloodstained is that, now that I have confirmed the extremely obvious plot twists, I can listen to the ost without fear.

And what an ost it is. I don't know if it's the same composer as the Igavanias, but either way, they managed to retain the wonderful style they had.

30 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Fun fact: Tales Estelle's name is a nickname. Her actual name is Estellise. 'Estelle' is a nickname the protagonist Yuri gives her.

Oh, I see.

30 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I honestly prefer Tales Estelle to the Trails one, but shhh!

Dear, dear... Is that a conflict of opinions I smell? May I ask why that is, if there's any particular reason?

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Fun fact: in the original plans for Trails in the Sky Joshua was gonna be mc, before Falcom went "Everyone is doing that nowdays (2004), let's make Estelle MC" and boy am i glad they did.

Yes, I'm glad, too. I don't think I could've even reached the 10 hours I did if Joshua was even MORE prominent than he already is.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

May I ask why that is, if there's any particular reason?

He finished Vesperia but didn't go past ch1 in Sky is one of the main reasons, i recon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't think I could've even reached the 10 hours I did if Joshua was even MORE prominent than he already is.

Haha

As much as i like Joshua, i am pretty sure Falcom would've made a Rean out him if he was MC

He finished Vesperia but didn't go past ch1 in Sky is one of the main reasons, i recon

...Yeah, it... it stands to reason that this would probably be a reason, indeed.

Well, that was a stupid question.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Maybe i am overhyped, especially with the conflicting reports about the game, but i can't help it xD

I hope the game will deliver on your hype! ^^

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dear, dear... Is that a conflict of opinions I smell? May I ask why that is, if there's any particular reason?

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Basically what Shrimpy said. xD
First impression for Trails Estelle was positive, yes, but even in that regard, Tales Estelle just endeared herself more to me than Trails Estelle did. That isn't to say that I think Trails Estelle is bad, though. Because I don't. She just didn't floor me as much as she did others, or as much as other protags did.

Edited by DragonFlames

I wish i could enjoy Vesperia's gameplay enough to care about the story xD

Also Xillia port when Namco. It's one of the tales games i am most interested in

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

She just didn't floor me as much as she did others

Tbf, nobody says she will floor you in the prologue xD

Like her yes, but not floor you

Edited by Shrimperor

Ohhhh so Bloodstained's OST was made by the same person who made the OSTs for the Igavanias. Now it all makes sense.

Man, I'll reserve judgment until I finish properly, but... Remember when I put Order of Ecclesia in my list of favorite games of all time? Yeah, I think it has been dethroned. I will always have a soft spot for it - and I do still think the story in that one is a bit better, for whatever that's worth - but... fuck me sideways, this game. What a game.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Basically what Shrimpy said. xD

First impression for Trails Estelle was positive, yes, but even in that regard, Tales Estelle just endeared herself more to me than Trails Estelle did. That isn't to say that I think Trails Estelle is bad, though.

Right, right.

They're both anime so I don't like either of them

I wish i could enjoy Vesperia's gameplay enough to care about the story xD

I don't wanna say it. I really don't wanna say it. But... yeah, you know what I don't wanna say.

Also Xillia port when Namco

Yes, please! I wanna play these again!
I hate my PS3 for breaking on me... >.<

Tbf, nobody says she will floor you in the prologue xD

There are protags that did exactly that!

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

They're both anime so I don't like either of them

That's okay, too!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, I think it has been dethroned

Bloodstained 2 was announced btw

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't wanna say it. I really don't wanna say it. But... yeah, you know what I don't wanna say.

Yeah i know 😛

But nothing wrong with that, nor do i blame you for it

Not to mention you are talking with someone who absolutely loves Trails gameplay, which admittedly not many people do, and would've still stuck with the series despite story sucking major Ass if gameplay was still good and didn't suck major ass as well (well, and the games becoming wordier as well)

I love Conquest after all, and you know how much ass the story sucks there

That's okay, too!

No, no, no! Damnit! You weren't supposed to react all positive and understanding-like! What are you, the protagonist of Teehee!?

There are protags that did exactly that!

Not gonna lie, when I started Bloodstained and first laid eyes on Miriam's design I was pretty disappointed.

By the time I left the first room, I was sold forever.

(I mean, I know it's not quite the same thing because this really isn't a story game or anything like that, but shut up I want to take a moment to appreciate Miriam because she's wonderful)

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Bloodstained 2 was announced btw

So I heard. Doesn't seem to be much info out there other than "It's being developed", but I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

Yeah i know 😛

But nothing wrong with that, nor do i blame you for it

Not to mention you are talking with someone who absolutely loves Trails gameplay, which admittedly not many people do, and would've still stuck with the series despite story sucking major Ass if gameplay was still good and didn't suck major ass as well (well, and the games becoming wordier as well)

I love Conquest after all, and you know how much ass the story sucks there

All fair points. To each their own, as they say.

Also "Why is my present a boy" is still the strongest first impression a protag left on me xD

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Am I missing something here?

Ys 9 release hype xD

And when it comes to having odd opinions on games and game series, I think I have that skill mastered. XD
After all, I am the person who greatly enjoys at least two black sheep of their respective series.
Namely Atelier Sophie for Atelier.
And Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World for Tales.
The latter to the point where, contrary to that fanbase's opinion, I do not think their MCs are the worst thing to ever happen in anything ever. In fact, the female lead is to this day one of my favs in the series as a whole.
Also, one of my favorite characters from Touhou is one that appeared in a spin-off, then never again, because people apparently widely agreed that she's kinda dull. No love for Saturday Night Fever girl, smh

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, no, no! Damnit! You weren't supposed to react all positive and understanding-like! What are you, the protagonist of Teehee!?

That, and I'm not one to be all negative at others for what they like and dislike, not even when it's a joke. ^^

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

(I mean, I know it's not quite the same thing because this really isn't a story game or anything like that, but shut up I want to take a moment to appreciate Miriam because she's wonderful)

No problem with that!
I gush about my favorite stuff all the time, so... xD

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also "Why is my present a boy" is still the strongest first impression a protag left on me xD

That is a pretty good line, ngl. XD

Mine was
MuS1g0S.jpg

Followed by a pretty passionate rant about why boats suck. XD
To put this in context, the opening cinematic makes her seem like this really elegant warrior lady (which she is, granted, but still), and then her first lines of dialogue are her complaining about seasickness. xD

Edited by DragonFlames

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

For example, Stahn from Tales of Destiny. Look at how everything surrounding the game presents him, and I swear if you see him in the game, he will not be what you expected.

Well I only know him from Namco x Capcom and he looked exactly like the kind of character he is.

But then again, I didn't get that far so I only got to see him in the prologue.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also Xillia port when Namco. It's one of the tales games i am most interested in

Put it on Switch too. It's so weird how Namco puts all their games on Switch but Tales is just noticably absent. Like it's just Vesperia Definitive and that's it.

Anyways, here's something @DragonFlames will be very excited about

Blue Reflection 2. And much like Atelier Ryza, it seems like the visuals are getting a big buff

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Fun fact: Tales Estelle's name is a nickname. Her actual name is Estellise. 'Estelle' is a nickname the protagonist Yuri gives her.

"Estelle... Estelle..." First thing i thought of.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ah yeah. But the thing with KH3 was that it was hyped up for like a decade. With that much weight, no wonder it came crashing down.

Well they really didn't need to make the combat a disappointment overall.

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well they really didn't need to make the combat a disappointment overall.

Well I have no opinion on that front lmao.